Pages:
Author

Topic: Zerovert - First Truly & Only Anonymous Coin with Zerocoin | Mandatory Upgrade ! - page 5. (Read 50921 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

UPDATE: Please update wallet to newest version from https://github.com/Zerovert/Zerovert/releases/tag/0.8.7.2

**** Warning : You need to export old private keys before upgrade to this version, otherwise the wallet software won't be able to start.

Instruction :

dumpprivkey a4KXUxyQeTA9tW5EK5GUYENLz8Ssqi7DSR

YD3DW56yb9YBytbxP4Rne9bmp5RYh4aN9CaaEN1JW1TFHGFaYF1i

importprivkey YD3DW56yb9YBytbxP4Rne9bmp5RYh4aN9CaaEN1JW1TFHGFaYF1i

Another issue : IF you have MINT and SPEND Zerocoin, then your SPEND transactions are missing, please contact us via https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/zerovert-first-truly-only-anonymous-coin-with-zerocoin-mandatory-upgrade-846471 with MINT Tx ids and your ZER address, We will send 5x time ZER to your address to compensate for your loss.
Activity: 6
Does this coin really have a working zerocoin implementation?  Huh
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
It's been a few weeks and still no coins for my twitter efforts. I am probably one of the biggest backer of this coin but that will change soon enough. I showed my support and spread the word at launch on the promise of coins. Nothing not a single one. My wallet syncs but hard to know if anything else with no coins in it. When dev do you plan to distribute these coins?
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
No problems using the wallet here. Everyone take a deep breath and be patient - this is a long term effort by Zerovert.

There's no 'pump and dump' here as one user suggests with the negative trust rating given to the Zerovert account. Past the original post by Zerovert there have not been exaggerated claims of anything, only responses to inflammatory questions raised by proponents of other coins.
Activity: 32
WHY ARE YOU NOT GIVING PEOPLE THEIR COINS?!

Why are you complaining so much about not receiving free coins?!

trust? dedication?

Would you do business with someone who lied to you right from the start?

I think he's busy fixing the bugs with the wallet. What would you prefer, free coins immediately or waiting a while so you can have a bug free wallet?

If he is trying to fix bugs that is fine, I understand. But why instead of telling us it will be sent "later tonight" or "soon" everytime, tell us that he is trying to fix something so we can give him some time. And why now is he ignoring anyone who asks about it?
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
why the low volume?

Small interest at this moment. This coin need more time to see its potential Wink

Personally I don't think anyone would be wise to put up any significant buy orders when > 50% of the current coin supply is controlled by the dev premine, and this will be the case for six months or longer, with the very slow emission of this coin. Maybe it's a good thing, it will give devs time to work out the bugs, and then they can go open source in a six months or a year, when they only control 30-50% of the current coin supply, but still, I'd have some reservations buying in even in one year's time when dev controls "only" > 25% of current coin supply, and there's no way I'm adding any buy support when the devs control like 80 or 90+% of the current coin supply, which is the case at the moment.

It's a fair point mathematically but its relevance is arguable. Either you trust the devs for their reputation, the quality of their coin (without looking at the code), their lasting work on its future development AND their smart use of the premined funds. Or you don't...

The 1st coin to have Zero-proof technology is something big enough for the devs to behave well - if not for money for glory.
And both is totally fine.

I haven't personally downloaded the wallet, but there seems to be some serious issues with the quality of the coin based on the reports of some issues in this thread. Also, the only block explorer (afaik) is now dead, so you really have to trust the devs at this point. I don't necessarily distrust the devs, I like vertcoin, and in my conversations with Poramin he always seemed like a smart, honorable person, but I guess I'm just a follower of the "trust but verify" philosophical school, which in this case is essentially impossible.
Activity: 304
why the low volume?

Small interest at this moment. This coin need more time to see its potential Wink

Personally I don't think anyone would be wise to put up any significant buy orders when > 50% of the current coin supply is controlled by the dev premine, and this will be the case for six months or longer, with the very slow emission of this coin. Maybe it's a good thing, it will give devs time to work out the bugs, and then they can go open source in a six months or a year, when they only control 30-50% of the current coin supply, but still, I'd have some reservations buying in even in one year's time when dev controls "only" > 25% of current coin supply, and there's no way I'm adding any buy support when the devs control like 80 or 90+% of the current coin supply, which is the case at the moment.

It's a fair point mathematically but its relevance is arguable. Either you trust the devs for their reputation, the quality of their coin (without looking at the code), their lasting work on its future development AND their smart use of the premined funds. Or you don't...

The 1st coin to have Zero-proof technology is something big enough for the devs to behave well - if not for money for glory.

+1
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
why the low volume?

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Is there a newer version of wallet for windows?  I am using v0.8.7.1 right now.  I was reading that there was a folk on the 18th.

Thanks

I guess you have newest version.
On official site from 1st post there is version 0.8.7.1 -> https://github.com/Zerovert/Zerovert/releases/latest
Activity: 181
Is there a newer version of wallet for windows?  I am using v0.8.7.1 right now.  I was reading that there was a folk on the 18th.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
put this in your conf not -rescan
Code:
rescan=1

Nope, it doesn't work.

Sorry you need to be a lil more specific, what is it thats not working..actually nvm, the devs said something about working soemthing. They're really a bit vague but i'm guessing they might have a solution one day fk knows what the problem even is, hense teh vaugeness.

We are fixing the issue that "fonyo" has been facing, It will release another command and new GUI in next wallet version.

If not then this system does not really work, you cant just randomly lose funds and still expect it to be used right?

And to carry on our last conversation:

Most of this is open source and papers on the tech are written the same as any other tech in the world. Mainstream understand these things and trust both of them because they work.
I believe every "CC" as you say, has its own target audience. ShadowCash, ZeroVert DarkCoin will no doubt appeal to the "unsavory" markets initially. Personally i don't take drugs, i don't buy guns and illegal things online but i am a full supporter of anonymous tech because it is so much more then what most of the trash you see on this forum section spew daily. This is a tech forum primarily it is not a traders chat. That is called a trollbox! But you can bet your ass that one day the tech, because its not just for hiding money, its applied to communication and interacting on and off the net. It will appeal (and already is) to the majority who are "awakened" or just over the boundary pushing that governments do when they create a media storm about a security issue and then hold their hands out with the solution. This inevitably requires us to give up more of our liberties. They make the problem or extort it then hold out a safety blanket. People become dependent on them and that is an extremely bad cocktail and is why we are where we are.

I believe it is about looking to the future and not just about solving or reacting to an issue or a nich that seems fitting now. I believe its also about nipping in the bud the issues that you know full well are coming in the future! If there was not a problem; this forum would not be here and it would not be hard to tell your friends about. (to much of an absolute, i know, but i'm sure you get my point)

Zero Knowledge is not about hiding money. Its about being able to agree to something and deal with someone without full knowledge and without big brother always storing your data. For them to one day used against you. You can bet your ass if it needs to be used against you it will. The thing that most people don't forward think over is that topic. Most just think "hmm i have nothing to hide" Thing is though you never know what law will come and you never know what you might be doing in 30 years time.

Personally i don't want to or let my kids and their kids ect ect. Live a life where i/they know people have something over me/them and  having to tread on eggshells because we're so scared.
Another example and a major reason why i endorse anonymous development is because this data storage and evidence to use against people happens at the highest levels of our society. It is, and you can bet your ass, will be used to extort people in power to manipulate decisions that benefit even darker causes then the stigma that dark markets have.. Another extremely dangerous cocktail and another reason why the world is already so corrupt. I don't want it getting worse if i can help i will!
People that are "awake" to the overreach in our lives and, trust me on this, even heavy mainstreamers are aware of the "nothing is sacred anymore" feeling even just by installing windows. They don't see much wrong with Shadow Zero and Dark type projects. There is a media stigma, the same you seem to carry with you about it. But most people don't care much, they put their credit card details on the net each day they hold their money in banks that rob them. They pay taxes for things they don't need or want and they vote people in power from just a few choices that never make them happy. Besides anonymous tech is not for everyone but should and may be. just depends on how much we let the world get ruled by goverments that don't work for us anymore. But that wont stop me from supporting anony tech be it a CRYPTO one (which we are trying now) or outside of it, i'm an avid supporter of it and you should be too. Everybody helps.

I guess the picture i'm trying to draw here is that if people say that it works and its verified then people will use it just like they use everything else in the world..its just established.. And this is especially going to be more relevant as time goes on because we lose so much of our liberties daily.

This tech isn't bandaiding something for a few years. This is our future, its happening and its not ever going to stop being used as long as people buy and support it, like they are right now. Then its relevant.
put this in your conf not -rescan
Code:
rescan=1

Nope, it doesn't work.
legendary
~snip
(...)

Ahh ok so you cannot yet get access to your change from minting zerovert, which seems to be .9 last time i tried or 1 in your case and yes i knew rescan wouldn't work i was being polite. I encourage you to keep your wallet and try the new function they apparently have to help you recover your coins.

Btw shadow banking is worth a look, (google it) its mostly what has helped economies stay afloat over the years, so when you say "unless someone wants to do something dodgy" Well, i argue that remaining anonymous does not always have to mean you are up to no good. Just because its established that way by paranoid governments who really need to know everything that goes on.

The hope is to create economies that take the power back form the governments overreach. Remaining anonymous and supporting that is one of the ways we can ensure that happens. If we don't then we all just become and stay apart of their system where they dictate everything and we don't ever get a say. I encourage you to look deeper, it is not just about money but how we interact with the net and the world through it, that gives this tech power.

I don't believe bushido is fighting for that but mainly he seems to be trying to give vertcoin users an option to use a more anonymous transaction feature to keep them within the vert community. In a lot of ways that makes sense but i chose not to support it because i don't see it as a well put together solution just yet. But only a thing to fill a hole, which i understand is a programmers job but this is much more then programing. This is peoples money and their futures. Just my .2 SDC and good luck.

You have actually made a good point there. I can't argue with that. But that is the reason why many of the CCs were created and that's why I'll stick with Vert. You seem to be good fella so I will definitely check it out. Thank you. Smiley But what I can argue with, is the fact that none of is entitled to say who is fighting for what or not fighting at all for something until that is said by that exact same person. You are more than welcome to state your opinion but please do not use speculation on other people's intentions as a foundation when trying to make a point. That doesn't seem to be fair and sound, does it?

Huh? What new function? Please explain. I made a backup, deleted everything and generated a new wallet, imported all private keys just to try if it's there but it's not.
If I go to console and type "listreceivedbyaddress 0 true" it shows the correct amount (using the older wallet). I also exported the "used" TXs. Is there a way to manually "spend" them through the console in the new wallet?

Thank you for all your inputs.

Np, i just think actions most of the time speak volumes. This reckless implementation, to be secure=bloat but this is not as big as most of the "secure" zerocoin studies imply, thus leading most of us to believe there has been a sacrifice in security. Hense the simple deduction made on it and the devs intentions. But i can see where you're coming from and prolly best if we don't continue banging on about it.

I am however concerned for you coins and anyone elses in the future, not only for them but for this industries image in the future. If we fail to regulate this ourselves in a mature and effective manner then there will be strong argument for a third party governed by even fewer people to do it. And we wont really like that, to put it lightly. It may be necessary but i would rather this system regulating itself. I think its possible, once we figure out who is here to leech and who is here to contribute.

But this situation you are in now (added your private keys to a new wallet) is the perfect one to use rescan. It should add the txn back. If not then, that function i'm referring to from the devs will prolly involve adding zerovert txn back in.
Code:
 -rescan                Rescan the block chain for missing wallet transactions

It doesn't work when I add -rescan (gives the same error as with the oldest bugged-out wallet: "A fatal error...", "Exception: St12out_of_range..."). What is the console version command for this because nothing seems to be accepted there (not even the reindex command)?

Unfortunately, I can't speak for the technology side as much, especially when it comes to the Zerocoin-Zerovert implementation. Even though, I completely agree that some kind of regulation would be nice for new coins, I don't think that a centralized team or any individual on its own should decide what should be here and what shouldn't. The community should decide that as a whole which is actually happening all the time (even right now). It is a slow process but in the end you will see coins that survived and coins that did not make it. That's called freedom or I can put it this way as well: "a chance to play". (Play: not as in a game or gambling but only metaphorically speaking)

I understand your point about the image of CC. Most of the people (who don't know much or anything about CC, actually) only hear from it when the media talks about who stole what in the crypto world (AGAIN). Starting from this point of view, if you wanted to get more people involved with this awesome world we have here, how would you tell them to put their money in a CC that is called ShadowCoin (/ shadow banking) or Darkcoin or even Dogecoin, etc. Just by using common sense, it is a no-go and I'm not even talking about religious people here. Try to explain them that their money is safe if they used shadow banking/coin. I don't want you to feel offended, I really like this conversation with you, we share the same view on this one in general.

Cheers

Put this in your conf not -rescan
Code:
rescan=1
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
why the low volume?

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
why the low volume?

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Vertcoin's Stealth addresses is more than what people could need, IMHO

+1

in other words: privacy on demand
ideal solution (easier for worldwide adoption, than all those mixer or black-box coins)

yea this coin looks great. once dev returns from fixing the little bugs, this coin will be back in business. I would advise to buy NOW if btc is available
legendary
Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

Vertcoin's Stealth addresses is more than what people could need, IMHO

+1

in other words: privacy on demand
ideal solution (easier for worldwide adoption, than all those mixer or black-box coins)
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: