Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 13. (Read 67411 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
June 16, 2012, 02:52:16 AM
Gah, I had a buy order for PPT.E that disappeared when the dividend happened, and now the BTC is still listed as unavailable in my account. Does anyone know to fix that without opening a support ticket?
It's a known bug. Nef has to correct it manually.
Thanks, I'll have to make a note of it for next week.

So, unless I counted wrong the average sale price here was 1.033BTC, which is the lowest it's ever been. At that price, PPT is a steal unless you're positive Pirate won't default. 1.28/1.033 is a 24% 4 week return, even if you buy one of the uninsured Pirate pass through bonds you'd only make 26.7% 4 week return. If you can invest the weekly dividends with no inefficiency, you could increase that to 29.5%. Getting perfect efficiency reinvesting would require placing a buy order between getting the dividends and Goat buying down to 1.02 for TYGRR-P, or purchasing the 100 shares at 1.05 that bitfoo places every week after his dividend.

Lowering the bonds being released by half does not instill confidence.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
June 15, 2012, 11:24:32 PM
Gah, I had a buy order for PPT.E that disappeared when the dividend happened, and now the BTC is still listed as unavailable in my account. Does anyone know to fix that without opening a support ticket?
Thanks, I'll have to make a note of it for next week.

So, unless I counted wrong the average sale price here was 1.033BTC, which is the lowest it's ever been. At that price, PPT is a steal unless you're positive Pirate won't default. 1.28/1.033 is a 24% 4 week return, even if you buy one of the uninsured Pirate pass through bonds you'd only make 26.7% 4 week return. If you can invest the weekly dividends with no inefficiency, you could increase that to 29.5%. Getting perfect efficiency reinvesting would require placing a buy order between getting the dividends and Goat buying down to 1.02 for TYGRR-P, or purchasing the 100 shares at 1.05 that bitfoo places every week after his dividend.
Activity: 518
June 15, 2012, 10:23:06 PM
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
June 15, 2012, 10:20:01 PM
That was weird - punched the button right on 2:00 and it threw an error at me (insufficient assets??).  Went back and repeated and it went through, although later than anticipated.

I doubt an API/bot would have picked that up.

Well now you know to build an automatic retry feature into any bot you build.  Grin  Just be careful, cause if you oversell, I'll be jumping on those extra shares.

I didn't remember to put some spare funds into GLBSE so missed out this time, really sad.
June 15, 2012, 10:10:04 PM
That was weird - punched the button right on 2:00 and it threw an error at me (insufficient assets??).  Went back and repeated and it went through, although later than anticipated.

I doubt an API/bot would have picked that up.
legendary
June 15, 2012, 10:07:15 PM
I'm going to make a wild guess here and predict an ASP of 1.07.

Wow, was that ever wrong. Tongue There was a total over 1 share sold at 1.07 and that was the highest.

Sold down to 1.011 and I didn't get to buy due to GLBSE bugs. Boo-urns
legendary
June 15, 2012, 08:16:04 PM
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
June 15, 2012, 04:49:24 AM
Reading threads instead of "subbing" them helps...! Wink

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.959643
June 15, 2012, 01:37:13 AM
I think he knows and I think he's swamped in work + support questions atm. Hopefully he finds some time to do some development work on GLBSE, the recent API for outstanding shares was a great start!

How can I get the number of outstanding shares through GLBSE API. Cannot find it. Or is it not live yet?

yea I don't think I came across this yet.  The way I got outstanding shares or my dividend tables was through the dividend API.  It lists how many shares were paid, but it is not an up-to-date on the outstanding shares.
Activity: 350
Merit: 257
Trust No One
June 15, 2012, 01:33:52 AM
I think he knows and I think he's swamped in work + support questions atm. Hopefully he finds some time to do some development work on GLBSE, the recent API for outstanding shares was a great start!

How can I get the number of outstanding shares through GLBSE API. Cannot find it. Or is it not live yet?
June 14, 2012, 11:44:21 PM

...It'd be nice if after x time, trading was locked so even if his script take 30 seconds to execute, someone's not slipping another order in.

That does not sound good.  Single bonds are being auctioned off starting at a certain time.  If I came into the room and offerred more than the next person, then by auction rules I am entitled to receive that bond.

Perhaps, but the whole point of having it scripted is that it happens near instant.  Taking 20 seconds means that even if the process to script it is automated, people can still game it... which then leads to why so much pressure to script the start if its just going to be gamed anyway?  Right?

The point of having it scripted is that if PPT.A is to start selling at 01:00:00, for example, then it should start selling at 01:00:00.  The process it takes to finish the selling is a whole other topic.  Otherwise you are allowing bids and the auction to be done before 01:00:00 and then ending the auction at 01:00:00.

Just for information and point of comparison, the ASX (not sure about other stock exchanges) purposely program in a random offest either side of the schedule start of trading. Not sure whether it is to reduce sniping. Just noting that established exchanges are not accurate to the second with their opening price auctions.

The time is randomly generated by ASX Trade and occurs up to 15 seconds on either side of the times given above, e.g. group 1 may open at any time between 9:59:45 am and 10:00:15 am.
legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354
aka tonikt
June 14, 2012, 07:18:15 PM
Perhaps, but the whole point of having it scripted is that it happens near instant.  Taking 20 seconds means that even if the process to script it is automated, people can still game it... which then leads to why so much pressure to script the start if its just going to be gamed anyway?  Right?
I'm not sure why people are sweating the seconds, the only way the seconds can be dealt with is at the server.  I'm also not sure why everyone is suddenly assuming that you can get a buy order in while the sale is processing.  One sale order is entered and it is then processed, who is to say the server isn't processing it completely before trying to process the next buy order?  I could see it working either way, but I thought someone posted about placing a buy order that didn't get filled even though orders lower than it got filled after it was placed.  This would have been several weeks ago, and I haven't been able to find it, but I have seen even less to indicate the opposite.  Regardless, if the opposite was true, then a human hitting the button 5 seconds early would be fine.
I think you are right - thats my observation as well.
Placing a buy order while a sell is being processed only adds it at the end ot the queue. Though, cancel seem to have some bigger priority.
There is obviously some kind of transaction processing queue and you cannot jump in the middle while the sell 3k is being slowly executed. Very slowly, BTW.
That's my experience - that's why when I got up last Saturday I didn't have any PPT bonds, only an open buy order with the price that should have been bought - obviously my price adjusting bot was waking up too often - and before repricing your offer, you first need to cancel the current one. And this is why I'm not going to play like this anymore Smiley

But the fact is that you cannot sell 3k bonds on GLBSE within one second - from what I saw, it takes at least 20 seconds. So why bother with your own 1 or 10 seconds lags? Who cares?
June 14, 2012, 07:07:16 PM
There should be a place to gamble on the average, low, etc. - yes I know there is.  Interesting bets.

Isn't that GLBSE/PPT.D?
legendary
June 14, 2012, 06:58:44 PM
It's going to be interesting to see what kind of average selling price we'll see on tomorrow's auction. There's going to be 7680 shares payed out and only 3000 up for auction, so it might push prices higher than the last couple auctions. There's good prices on other PPT issues though, so that might help absorb some demand. There's 800 shares of PPT.C at or below 1.11 right now, and 1.28/1.11 is a 15.3% return for 3 weeks. That's basically the same weekly return as a PPT.D selling for 1.06. I actually snagged a few shares of PPT.A overnight for 1.16, which is a 10.3% return for over 9 days. Both PPT.A and PPT.C are really undervalued right now, IMO. The last sale price of PPT.A is only 0.01BTC more than PPT.B. Tongue

I'm going to make a wild guess here and predict an ASP of 1.07.
June 14, 2012, 06:47:25 PM

I'm pretty sure rasberryPi does have curl on board by default.
though I've never put my hand on one so far, so cannot confirm

Well, I've loaded a Debian install on it (so I get to play with that too), and after I pick up a spare HDMI cable, playing with it should fill in time until I hit the sell button.

Could be an interesting week as there will be 7680 BTC paid out prior to the PPT.D auction.
June 14, 2012, 06:40:22 PM

...It'd be nice if after x time, trading was locked so even if his script take 30 seconds to execute, someone's not slipping another order in.

That does not sound good.  Single bonds are being auctioned off starting at a certain time.  If I came into the room and offerred more than the next person, then by auction rules I am entitled to receive that bond.

The point of having it scripted is that if PPT.A is to start selling at 01:00:00, for example, then it should start selling at 01:00:00.  The process it takes to finish the selling is a whole other topic.  Otherwise you are allowing bids and the auction to be done before 01:00:00 and then ending the auction at 01:00:00.
Activity: 807
June 14, 2012, 06:40:12 PM
I'm not sure why people are sweating the seconds, the only way the seconds can be dealt with is at the server.  I'm also not sure why everyone is suddenly assuming that you can get a buy order in while the sale is processing.  One sale order is entered and it is then processed, who is to say the server isn't processing it completely before trying to process the next buy order?  I could see it working either way, but I thought someone posted about placing a buy order that didn't get filled even though orders lower than it got filled after it was placed.  This would have been several weeks ago, and I haven't been able to find it, but I have seen even less to indicate the opposite.  Regardless, if the opposite was true, then a human hitting the button 5 seconds early would be fine.
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
June 14, 2012, 06:34:35 PM

legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354
aka tonikt
June 14, 2012, 06:31:40 PM

I bet my GLBSE bot is more precise than anyone pushing buttons...

oh, but then there wouldn't be that lovely stochastic process involved - a bit of chaos is good for those precise bots

I think, back on topic, UTC 2:00:ish tomorrow there will be 3000 bonds placed as a sell order by a human.  The contract says the sale takes place at 2, but does not specify a time precision. 

(having a nice scheduled batch file or process might be good to play with - maybe I'll get my rasberryPi to do it)
I'm pretty sure rasberryPi does have curl on board by default.
though I've never put my hand on one so far, so cannot confirm
June 14, 2012, 06:28:15 PM

I bet my GLBSE bot is more precise than anyone pushing buttons...

oh, but then there wouldn't be that lovely stochastic process involved - a bit of chaos is good for those precise bots

I think, back on topic, UTC 2:00:ish tomorrow there will be 3000 bonds placed as a sell order by a human.  The contract says the sale takes place at 2, but does not specify a time precision.  

(having a nice scheduled batch file or process might be good to play with - maybe I'll get my rasberryPi to do it)
Pages:
Jump to: