Pages:
Author

Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool! - page 22. (Read 123721 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
Just reporting I'm getting frequent idle worker messages again now for about an hour.
I've once again switched back to btcGuild where it's rock solid.
I don't undertsand why this happens now and then.
Is it DOS attacks or something interfering?
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
Figures I've found 3 blocks since I started mining early August and I haven't even earned 100 coins yet  Roll Eyes

Anyways just wanted to say BT keep up the good work.  Definitely making ARS my home!  Got about 6.5 GH/s up now and can maybe push it to 8 if I can find out how to space the rigs in my wife's office without pissing her off  Wink
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
So uh, we found a couple blocks...  Grin

This has been be the best 1 day ever for ars. 16 blocks found on the 21st and the day even isn't over yet. Hopefully this will push us back into payouts every couple of hours with a big positive buffer.
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Things can move real quick (in either direction) with our higher hashrate these days.

And hotdog... lol...
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

There is no better feeling in the world than waking up and seeing a result like that.

My morning wood lasted until like 12PM today, it was fantastic AND awkward.

Buffer went from 60 to almost 700. That's crazy.
http://stats.nuradu.com/
Activity: 121

There is no better feeling in the world than waking up and seeing a result like that.

My morning wood lasted until like 12PM today, it was fantastic AND awkward.
Seems like multiple pools are using poolseverj now and they seem to think it is more efficient for a large number of miners. Maybe this is worth looking into to keep a single server?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/attn-pool-operators-poolserverj-scalable-java-mining-pool-backend-33142

Yeah, I want to look into it again.  However, shifting the main server to it still might be a bit of a risk.  I think the largest pool using it is BTCGuild's PPS Beta, which is at ~85 GH/s.

It may be that I look into using it for Server 2 to resolve my pushpool problem there first.
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
Sorry for the lack of activity lately.  Been a bit busy, and a bit less motivated thanks to BTC price ;P You may also be able to blame a friend of mine for getting me into league of legends....

Still busy the next few days, some people from out of town staying at my place.  However, maybe near the end of this week, or on the weekend, I want to do a few pool improvements.  

Items I want to look at first:

1) Server 2 stability.  Pushpool still randomly decides to use ~100% cpu on Server2 occasionally.  Haven't been able to figure out why.  Doesn't seem load related.  A simple pushpool restart fixes it most of the time.  If I can't figure out the issue, I need to write a script to detect the condition quickly, and restart it automatically, or see if I can just consolidate back to using one server ( would have to improve Server 1 performance somehow.)  The main server has been extremely stable in comparison, but a day or two ago we hit ~950 GH/s max, so I don't think just one server will cut it.

2) Fix block stats issues (missing blocks I have to add manually, and other such things.)  I started this work as part of the PPLNS stuff, so I need to get back to it and implement some fixes.  The main issues currently are related to finding blocks in very quick succession, or issues with blocks from server 2.

Seems like multiple pools are using poolseverj now and they seem to think it is more efficient for a large number of miners. Maybe this is worth looking into to keep a single server?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/attn-pool-operators-poolserverj-scalable-java-mining-pool-backend-33142
Sorry for the lack of activity lately.  Been a bit busy, and a bit less motivated thanks to BTC price ;P You may also be able to blame a friend of mine for getting me into league of legends....

Still busy the next few days, some people from out of town staying at my place.  However, maybe near the end of this week, or on the weekend, I want to do a few pool improvements.  

Items I want to look at first:

1) Server 2 stability.  Pushpool still randomly decides to use ~100% cpu on Server2 occasionally.  Haven't been able to figure out why.  Doesn't seem load related.  A simple pushpool restart fixes it most of the time.  If I can't figure out the issue, I need to write a script to detect the condition quickly, and restart it automatically, or see if I can just consolidate back to using one server ( would have to improve Server 1 performance somehow.)  The main server has been extremely stable in comparison, but a day or two ago we hit ~950 GH/s max, so I don't think just one server will cut it.

2) Fix block stats issues (missing blocks I have to add manually, and other such things.)  I started this work as part of the PPLNS stuff, so I need to get back to it and implement some fixes.  The main issues currently are related to finding blocks in very quick succession, or issues with blocks from server 2.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Seems like something is wrong with the server at the moment. I've had about a half hour of constant idles & disconnects. Also my stats page was down and couldn't login. I guess I'll switch to btcGuild until this has stabilized...
Eligius is also (the original) SMPPS, which is what Ars uses for rewards, FWIW.
Eligius was actually the first pool I started with but it constantly gave me poor earnings. Like little more than half expected for days on end.
Back when it was proportional, there might have been variation like this, but not with SMPPS Tongue

Hint: To have any kind of meaningful statistics on non-PPS pools, you need to average it over a few months at least.
Seems like something is wrong with the server at the moment. I've had about a half hour of constant idles & disconnects. Also my stats page was down and couldn't login. I guess I'll switch to btcGuild until this has stabilized...
Eligius was actually the first pool I started with but it constantly gave me poor earnings. Like little more than half expected for days on end. SO I moved to btcGuild, which was much better but also varied a lot. After a couple weeks I decided to try ArsBitcoin to see if I could get more steady earnings. ArsBitcoin has been really steady and very close to expected for the last 8-9 days but seems to be having a problem ATM. I'll be back when it's ready to accept my shares consistently. Hopefully whatever caused that will be fixed up soon.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
legendary
Activity: 1428
hi,

do you have any plans for merged mining?

if you want to discuss it i opened a thread a here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/thoughts-and-questions-on-btc-pools-and-merged-mining-44546
Been having some issues with server2 this morning.  Hopefully things are fixed now.

I believe these issues caused our share count for our last server 2 block (145,626) to be wrong, which affected our current round count as well.  However, this is only the shares per round number.  User shares/rewards are calculated completely separately and they are fine.
Activity: 121
Buffer skyrockets, followed by an 8 million block, followed by a 200k, and a 1 million block. It's an emotional roller coaster folks, someone hold me.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Buffer just sky rocketed  Grin

I know, right?
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Buffer just sky rocketed  Grin
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Ah, that explains it, I was looking for coins to be paid when blocks were found, but it makes a lot more sense that they are paid when they are confirmed. I guess it just worked out that a few blocks were confirmed at just about the same time new blocks were found right when I started, and I saw the payments made and jumped to the wrong conclusion. Thanks for the info.
Pages:
Jump to: