Pages:
Author

Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool! - page 21. (Read 123721 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Also, poolserverj seems to like me better than whatever was running on server 2 before. I am running below 1% stales, which is raging good for me.

Edit: Today I am running .3549% stale...that's almost a percent shaved off. That's pure profit going straight to you, BT!

Edit 2: Down to .2528%
Activity: 448
I am number 132 on hashrates and number 15 on donations.

Pony up, folks.
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Im happy donate keep that buffer up when needed. Bad luck will come around at some point so its better if we donate more for our own bennifit really

Just to be clear, donations do not affect the buffer in any way.  If you donate, it basically becomes "unpaid" donations, until it is "paid" just like all the other work in the pool.  Just instead of going to increase your personal balance, it increases my donations balance.  It all comes from the same buffer and all that.

Anyways, I very much appreciate the donation spree!  It does indeed motivate me to spend more time here.  PoolServerJ seems to be doing well, so after another 24-48 hours of no hiccups, I will work on converting the main server. 

Besides that, I want to fix some of the back end block scripts, and then hopefully some new features soon (or improving current website display, etc.)
Activity: 322
Here's the deal. We need to get BurningToad more motivated to work on the pool. It's already awesome and rock solid, but there is more to do and it needs to get done so ars can keep being the best pool ever.

To do my part, I am donating 100% of my BTC to honor a bounty I put up to have poolserverj installed on server2. It's up, i'm paying. But I need your help to light a fire under BTs ass and to show him we want to support the pool.

Others have already joined me including jimbit and l1l1ll11l11. Meatball has been donating heavily all along.

I'm not saying to donate everything forever, but let's show BT that we want to have the best pool around and that we support his efforts.

I've up'd from .5 to 1% cause this pool is as you say, By far the best out there. Im happy donate keep that buffer up when needed. Bad luck will come around at some point so its better if we donate more for our own bennifit really

And my stales are staying at 0.140 and not rising to the 0.400+ it usually does after a couple of days. SO far its working sweet Smiley
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
Here's the deal. We need to get BurningToad more motivated to work on the pool. It's already awesome and rock solid, but there is more to do and it needs to get done so ars can keep being the best pool ever.

To do my part, I am donating 100% of my BTC to honor a bounty I put up to have poolserverj installed on server2. It's up, i'm paying. But I need your help to light a fire under BTs ass and to show him we want to support the pool.

Others have already joined me including jimbit and l1l1ll11l11. Meatball has been donating heavily all along.

I'm not saying to donate everything forever, but let's show BT that we want to have the best pool around and that we support his efforts.
I'm hoping someone can help me with a stange problem. I usually send my mined coins to my Android wallet which is fantastic. It may say experimental i know but i have had no problems whereas with the PC(windows) version i lost a few coins when i first started out. NOw that my wallet on my phone is getting quite big, i decided to make one for my current PC (wallet). Easy enough so i sent some coins off my android wallet, took 5 minutes confirm on there but 12 hours later i still dont have them 5 coins in my wallet.

I dont know about the android version being experimental but the PC/windows version as never really worked well for me and ive lost many coins because of the windows software (bitcoin wallet, everything else is good) and im not risking more sending them to this adress i have.

Anyone have any ideas, otherwise ill just use experimental software, as it works.....

Smiley
2 things. 1. Check the address is correct and in your PC wallet. 2. Check the block your xfer was confirmed in the Android wallet and make sure your PC wallet has updated to at least that block.

You need to wait for it to update to at least that block as otherwise your client hasn't seen the transaction yet.

If it has passed that block it should be there. If it's not then you should  start the bitcoin client with the -rescan option. That forces it to rescan from the start and pick up any transactions that were missed. A transaction can be missed if you create/import an address/key after the block that the transaction occurred. That shouldn't happen but if you somehow did that then the rescan should find it. A client won't see the transaction unless it "knows" the address at the time it read the block.

*** Make a copy of your wallet file before using the -rescan option, just in case ***

btw it was a mistake to post this in this thread. It should be in the tech support section.

Theres no way of finding which block the transaction went in on the android app. Its called 'bitcoin wallet' and i cant seem to see that information available. Its currently on 140,000 block and i see theres 147,000, Im hoping its in these last 7k.....

EDIT: Received it, Just took its time Smiley
Server 2 is now running PoolServerJ instead of pushpoold.  Come help test it out, or switch your miners!

Server: server2.arsbitcoin.com
Port:    8344    (or 80 if you can only mine on that port)
legendary
Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005
BurningToad
Hi, I`ve PMed you, I`ve e-mailed you...
Please, help me to unblock my account!

I responded to your email a few days ago, and just responded again.
thanks a lot for solving of my problem!
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
If we find two more blocks here decently quick, we will have filled up all the spaces on the "Recently Found Blocks" page.

This excites me in ways I can't explain.

I need something to hump.

Bkkcoins, your leg. Bring it to me.

I am just as excited, but maybe in a little be less "i have to hump something" way. BurningToad, it would seem that the original server is not able to hand out work quickly enough and is causing miner idles. I have switched everything to server2 but this is probably effecting others without them knowing.
Activity: 121
If we find two more blocks here decently quick, we will have filled up all the spaces on the "Recently Found Blocks" page.

This excites me in ways I can't explain.

I need something to hump.

Bkkcoins, your leg. Bring it to me.
BurningToad

I responded to your email a few days ago, and just responded again.

Activity: 196
Merit: 101
My last lot of paid work has disappeared. I am wondering if this is normal and maybe I am just too eager to see things recorded immediately.

Basically all earnings since 22/9 have disappeared. They are recorded as earnings in smpps history but have not been recorded as sent payment in payout history and my current balance is 0.00. Is this Normal? Do payments usually disappear before being added to payout history?

EDITpartially solved. I have received payment for the work but it is not recorded in payout history. I presume there is a delay in reporting.
legendary
Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005
BurningToad
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
I'm hoping someone can help me with a stange problem. I usually send my mined coins to my Android wallet which is fantastic. It may say experimental i know but i have had no problems whereas with the PC(windows) version i lost a few coins when i first started out. NOw that my wallet on my phone is getting quite big, i decided to make one for my current PC (wallet). Easy enough so i sent some coins off my android wallet, took 5 minutes confirm on there but 12 hours later i still dont have them 5 coins in my wallet.

I dont know about the android version being experimental but the PC/windows version as never really worked well for me and ive lost many coins because of the windows software (bitcoin wallet, everything else is good) and im not risking more sending them to this adress i have.

Anyone have any ideas, otherwise ill just use experimental software, as it works.....

Smiley
2 things. 1. Check the address is correct and in your PC wallet. 2. Check the block your xfer was confirmed in the Android wallet and make sure your PC wallet has updated to at least that block.

You need to wait for it to update to at least that block as otherwise your client hasn't seen the transaction yet.

If it has passed that block it should be there. If it's not then you should  start the bitcoin client with the -rescan option. That forces it to rescan from the start and pick up any transactions that were missed. A transaction can be missed if you create/import an address/key after the block that the transaction occurred. That shouldn't happen but if you somehow did that then the rescan should find it. A client won't see the transaction unless it "knows" the address at the time it read the block.

*** Make a copy of your wallet file before using the -rescan option, just in case ***

btw it was a mistake to post this in this thread. It should be in the tech support section.

Smiley
It is likely that the main server is suffering load issues, since not many have switched to server2 due to the instability.  It may also be that your particular mining client or network connection has more trouble dealing with the these load symptoms than other miners.

For example, GUIMiner poclbm tells me "Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC" occasionally, but it doesn't say I've gone idle, and if I do go idle temporarily, it is able to reconnect without a restart.
This sounds likely. I wonder if due to the high RTT my connections have to be kept open longer than most and then due to high load end up getting closed as others come in and push it beyond a limit value. This may happen if some max number of open connections is set and the server is at that limit. I'm just unlucky as I'm far away.
It is likely that the main server is suffering load issues, since not many have switched to server2 due to the instability.  It may also be that your particular mining client or network connection has more trouble dealing with the these load symptoms than other miners.

For example, GUIMiner poclbm tells me "Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC" occasionally, but it doesn't say I've gone idle, and if I do go idle temporarily, it is able to reconnect without a restart.
Just reporting I'm getting frequent idle worker messages again now for about an hour.
I've once again switched back to btcGuild where it's rock solid.
I don't undertsand why this happens now and then.
Is it DOS attacks or something interfering?

Are you using server2? I sort of gave up on server2, since I'm too anal and hate seeing it disconnect/fail.

I've had no issues with idle workers here, on the main.
No. I'm on the main server. But I did think about trying server2. Looks like I should wait.
I have no idea why I'm getting constant idling. It could be my end but I don't think it is because I can mine steady when I switch to btcguild. I prefer ArsBitcoin though.

I'm using Phoenix 1.62 and I find that idle messages often cause it to get stuck and not recover. So I have a monitor/restart script. Problem is each time it goes idle for more than a minute I end up losing more time as it restarts the miner. But I do find that both miners tend to go idle approx. the same times.

From 12pm to 2PM UTC I had miner restarts every few minutes. Then I changed to btcguild and it's been 50 minutes now without even one.

Would high latency cause the pool server to starve me and result in idles? I have about 350mS RTT from me to arsbitcoin.com.
I've also been mad at server2 Tongue  Hopefully I can get it stable this weekend.
Activity: 121
Just reporting I'm getting frequent idle worker messages again now for about an hour.
I've once again switched back to btcGuild where it's rock solid.
I don't undertsand why this happens now and then.
Is it DOS attacks or something interfering?

Are you using server2? I sort of gave up on server2, since I'm too anal and hate seeing it disconnect/fail.

I've had no issues with idle workers here, on the main.
Pages:
Jump to: