Pages:
Author

Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool! - page 23. (Read 123721 times)

Activity: 737
Merit: 500
Just joined the pool last night, coming from a proportional pool, I'm loving the pps!

But I seem to have a bug with the payments. It is reporting an Earned PPS after about 15 hrs of 0.18BTC, which seems right, but the paid PPS has been stuck on about 0.042BTC for about 9 hours, despite the pool solving several blocks in that time frame. My payout percentage has been listed around 0.04%, which also seems about right. Right below this my "next payout amount" is listed as about 0.016BTC.

Shouldn't I have received a small payment with each of the recent blocks being found, or am I just misunderstanding how the SMPPS system works?

johnb210

Your Earned PPS turns into Paid PPS when blocks reach 120 confirmations (according to your "next payout amount"), not when they are initially found.  Not sure if that is for sure what is going on for you, but wanted to clarify expectations.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Just joined the pool last night, coming from a proportional pool, I'm loving the pps!

But I seem to have a bug with the payments. It is reporting an Earned PPS after about 15 hrs of 0.18BTC, which seems right, but the paid PPS has been stuck on about 0.042BTC for about 9 hours, despite the pool solving several blocks in that time frame. My payout percentage has been listed around 0.04%, which also seems about right. Right below this my "next payout amount" is listed as about 0.016BTC.

Shouldn't I have received a small payment with each of the recent blocks being found, or am I just misunderstanding how the SMPPS system works?

johnb210

SMPPS buffer is near and in the - figure, I have 1.5 coins surrently owed to me but its ok, it all gets there in the end. I wouldnt worry as i seem to get payed better and get ALOT less stales in the end. Server 2 seems to be better for stales also Smiley 220(240) comfirmations are needed before payment is official also Wink
Activity: 13
Merit: 0

johnb210
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Ok, so we found 3 blocks in a row last night and it caused issues with my awesome (bad) block accounting.  I've fixed it now, but some of the share counts for our current rounds are a bit off, and the share counts for one of those 3 blocks is wrong. 

As part of the PPLNS stuff, I had some fixes going in for issues like this, but honestly, I just haven't worked on the pool much lately. 

The actual number of blocks found, and current confirmations, etc is all fixed now.  Thankfully with SMPPS the round length and all that doesn't really matter.  All user's shares are counted differently from actually finding blocks, so everything is ok there. 
Fair enough, I can chalk it up to being something odd on my end. I have sort of a unique network setup, so I'll take the blame.

Seems to be working fine for me now, since then Smiley

Server2 did have an issue and underwent a quick restart which probably caused what you saw.
Activity: 121
Fair enough, I can chalk it up to being something odd on my end. I have sort of a unique network setup, so I'll take the blame.

Seems to be working fine for me now, since then Smiley
I'm guessing server2 may have gone down for a chunk of time? I had moved over half of my cards to it, only to see a number of them had failed over to the main address.

Nothing wrong my side, no problems what so ever and stales coming down to .2 or less Smiley
Activity: 121
I'm guessing server2 may have gone down for a chunk of time? I had moved over half of my cards to it, only to see a number of them had failed over to the main address.
Activity: 332
Looks like something is finally going right with the stales, BT.  I was up to 2% at one point, but for today it has dropped down to a record low:

Shares This Day: 49470
Stales This Day: 291 (0.5848%)

so that's great!  I am using server2, CGMiner, Phoenix
Activity: 448
Hello,

I haven't had a lot of time for the pool lately.  I just noticed we found a block on Server 2 that wasn't accounted for, for some reason.

It is this block: http://blockexplorer.com/b/144478

To account for it, I am now adding 50 BTC to the confirmed BTC buffer, so it will go from 14300 to 14350, and the total buffer will go from -22 to 28.

I can look into it in more detail later. It may have had to do with some of the issues server 2 has had with pushpool.

I had something go awry yesterday on server 2 and was running 30+% stales...didn't have the console open and didn't check the log. I imagine that was it...
Hello,

I haven't had a lot of time for the pool lately.  I just noticed we found a block on Server 2 that wasn't accounted for, for some reason.

It is this block: http://blockexplorer.com/b/144478

To account for it, I am now adding 50 BTC to the confirmed BTC buffer, so it will go from 14300 to 14350, and the total buffer will go from -22 to 28.

I can look into it in more detail later. It may have had to do with some of the issues server 2 has had with pushpool.
Cleaner Smiley
Activity: 8
Bit of polish needed but works fine, just asphetics Smiley
Activity: 8
There is some gadget for windows that can read the ARS API ??

I'm not sure what you mean by gadget but I created a web app that can use the ars API to let you track your worker stats.

https://github.com/IceyEC/bitcoin_worker_stats

He means this kind of gadget.

https://i.imgur.com/3Hcr3.png

Yes like that, there are some gadgets now, but they dont work with ARS Api.

http://bit.ly/ArsGadget

I want to warn you though, it's still in beta :-D
wow, I got 0.0 stales and havnt had a wimper. simply amazing Smiley cylindrical is by far the best with pheonix kernal Smiley

Gone upto 0.23, But 0.0 to 0.3 is brilliant compared to other pols Smiley
wow, I got 0.0 stales and havnt had a wimper. simply amazing Smiley cylindrical is by far the best with pheonix kernal Smiley
Activity: 448
Yeah, I noticed my hasher at home which is on wired FIOS gets 0.3% stales while the ones at work are getting about 4% using a ethernet bridge or wireless adapter.  I guess latency has that effect.

Yeah, wireless is the killer for me. I haven't been able to get below 1% consistently, but I am also mining on my using-computer, so I am sure that contributes to the problem too. It always has higher stales than my dedicated miners.
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
Yeah, I noticed my hasher at home which is on wired FIOS gets 0.3% stales while the ones at work are getting about 4% using a ethernet bridge or wireless adapter.  I guess latency has that effect.
woo
Activity: 10
Moved over from Slush because I got tired of seeing 5 and 10 million share blocks repeatedly.  Looks like I made the top 30 - once I see how much stable it is I'll be happy to donate at least 0.5%.  Just can't figure out why my stale rate is 3.5% using GUIMiner 8-24 OpenCL  Huh

I don't think it's GUIMiner or the pool.  I've been using both for mining forever and my stales with the pool average around .5%.  Make sure you have the latest version of GUIMiner, but either the OpenCL or Phoenix miner should work fine.  Gotta be something on your side with your setup.  You using a wireless NIC or something?
Up until I moved to Ars, I used GUIMiner with Phoenix (and the updated kernels) religiously with low stales, <0.5%. I had to switch to CGMiner because that setup was giving me around 1.6% stales at Ars.  Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: