Pages:
Author

Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool! - page 27. (Read 123721 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
WTF, the pools is down ?

Nice one, Switched my miners with team view on android. WInner Smiley
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
WTF, the pools is down ?
I Used instant payout yesterday and i HAVE NOT RECEIVED thepayment to my wallet. Its a saved wallet and have had no problem before. Its been well over 12 hours, nearly 24 hours.

I dont usuakky mind a little wait but this is a joke and i do actually need the coins to pay for something, which is rather annoying!!! I've already diverted half my efforts away due to this and will move the other half ver soon if i dont receive my instant payou soon. Really like this pool too. Noticed my payouts are slow too last day or 2 even though the buffer is in the +

Blue Waffle

This usually happens because of problems on your client end.  Things to check:

* Make sure your client is connected (not 0 connections)
* Make sure your client is up to date with the block chain (you should have the same number of blocks as indicated in the header of http://bitcoincharts.com)
* Put your payment address in http://blockexplorer.com and confirm that the address didn't receive the transaction even though your client is not showing it.
* Search for your payment address at http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/ and see if it is part of an unconfirmed transaction (although that is unlikely given it has been hours now).

Hehe, this is where the problem lies i think. Bitcoin wallet.... ANDROID :/ does say experimental on the tin Smiley I got some coins off a friend anyways and was able to sort my purchase out. 5870 Vapour X £140 hehe Smiley Ill sort a propper one out. Just is easy to use on your phone. Adresses etc al there. I brought something off bitcoin harbour, lets say cheap for a game. I suspect something here but cant be sure. Stalker COP tbh for 0.40 bitcoins. WHo can refuse Smiley

Ill see if theres an update.... never know Smiley
Activity: 737
Merit: 500
I Used instant payout yesterday and i HAVE NOT RECEIVED thepayment to my wallet. Its a saved wallet and have had no problem before. Its been well over 12 hours, nearly 24 hours.

I dont usuakky mind a little wait but this is a joke and i do actually need the coins to pay for something, which is rather annoying!!! I've already diverted half my efforts away due to this and will move the other half ver soon if i dont receive my instant payou soon. Really like this pool too. Noticed my payouts are slow too last day or 2 even though the buffer is in the +

Blue Waffle

This usually happens because of problems on your client end.  Things to check:

* Make sure your client is connected (not 0 connections)
* Make sure your client is up to date with the block chain (you should have the same number of blocks as indicated in the header of http://bitcoincharts.com)
* Put your payment address in http://blockexplorer.com and confirm that the address didn't receive the transaction even though your client is not showing it.
* Search for your payment address at http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/ and see if it is part of an unconfirmed transaction (although that is unlikely given it has been hours now).

Activity: 121
Merit: 100
Not sure about your instant payout issue; I've been seeing no big difference in the automated payout I have set up.

As for the payout delay, I think it's simply because the buffer isn't high enough to continuously pay out, and thus that's why it only comes as the blocks get confirmed, then we get whatever we have coming to us for that block.

Blue Waffle
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
Does anyone know of a userbar that uses the arsbitcoin.com api so I can put one in my signature?
donator
Activity: 289
A short period where the buffer is negative will likely not be detrimental. However, if the buffer at some point meanders quite negative, rational miners will no doubt begin to trickle away, as at that point, the chance of receiving full pay for your shares anytime in the near future is rather small. I expect this wouldn't become significant until the buffer went below -1000. But that's just a guessing game.

I was curious about the probability that the buffer would go below a certain value. So I wrote a little matlab script to calculate this. I assume constant difficulty, 500 GH/s, mining for 30 days, starting with a buffer of zero. Here is a chart that shows the probability that the buffer will be below a certain size after 30 days:

The code used to generate this is here. If my math is right, there's roughly a 25% chance that the pool will be in a -500 BTC hole after 30 days. Now, assuming that no miners leave (and difficulty is still constant), it takes another ~20% event for the pool to get back to a buffer of 0 BTC. However, if miners leave, or difficulty increases, it gets harder and harder to get out of the negative buffer already built up.

Consider this my vote for PPLNS.  Smiley
Activity: 53
A short period where the buffer is negative will likely not be detrimental. However, if the buffer at some point meanders quite negative, rational miners will no doubt begin to trickle away, as at that point, the chance of receiving full pay for your shares anytime in the near future is rather small. I expect this wouldn't become significant until the buffer went below -1000. But that's just a guessing game.

I have been with Ars since the day it switched to SMPPS.  The buffer is not and has not ever been.  It's currently 164.40936498 BTC.  All you are waiting for is confirmations (which is not the same as a negative buffer).

Maybe you should have a look at this -> http://stats.nuradu.com/

Switch it to 1 week and take a look at the buffer line (army green) line. You will see the buffer has been over -100 BTC within the last week. Please get your facts straight.

I stand corrected.
vip

I have been with Ars since the day it switched to SMPPS.  The buffer is not and has not ever been.  It's currently 164.40936498 BTC.  All you are waiting for is confirmations (which is not the same as a negative buffer).

Maybe you should have a look at this -> http://stats.nuradu.com/

Switch it to 1 week and take a look at the buffer line (army green) line. You will see the buffer has been over -100 BTC within the last week. Please get your facts straight.
vip
@BurningToad: Please don't switch to PPLNS , with PPS we don't need to care if it is a lucky block, or not, (especially because I don't mine 24/7) and that's exactly the reason I switched here.
Please don't change it!

I would agree with manifold. I do mine 24/7 and ars is the only pool where i have received my expected payout if my computers run for the entire day. No other pool I have tried has been able to do this.

Of course everyone likes the current system when there has been a month or two of good luck.  But it is not reasonable to assume that the good luck streak will continue indefinitely.  I wonder how many people really understand SMPPS and what will happen if the buffer goes negative...  There is a signifiant probability that at some point in the next couple weeks, the pool will run out of buffer and then everyone who was loving the SMPPS system wills start screaming that the pool is screwing them over.

twmz, the buffer has been negative for at least the last week and we are still getting paid, just not quite as fast. I have been at ars when the buffer was +800 btc and when it was below -100 btc. There was a big fear of miners leaving when the buffer when negative and that did not materialize.
@BurningToad: Please don't switch to PPLNS , with PPS we don't need to care if it is a lucky block, or not, (especially because I don't mine 24/7) and that's exactly the reason I switched here.
Please don't change it!

I would agree with manifold. I do mine 24/7 and ars is the only pool where i have received my expected payout if my computers run for the entire day. No other pool I have tried has been able to do this.

Of course everyone likes the current system when there has been a month or two of good luck.  But it is not reasonable to assume that the good luck streak will continue indefinitely.  I wonder how many people really understand SMPPS and what will happen if the buffer goes negative...  There is a signifiant probability that at some point in the next couple weeks, the pool will run out of buffer and then everyone who was loving the SMPPS system wills start screaming that the pool is screwing them over.
vip
Please don't change it!

Activity: 62
Please don't change it!
Activity: 37
Hi, how is the work with the "Idle Notifications" ??

Exelent pool mate, im here without poolhope for 4 weeks now, the best pool IMO.
vip
What mining software are you using? I was using Phoenix 1.5 on windows and it seems to drop the long polling after a while and that is was caused the higher stale rates. I then switch to cgminer 1.5.1 on windows and my stale rate is around 0.3%. I also am using BAMT with the latest phoenix 1.6.1 and stales are also very low on ars.

Shares This Day: 3821
Stales This Day: 50 (1.2917%)

ahh i c.  Maybe it is Phoenix 1.5-related, because I was using phoenix 1.5 exclusively until a few days ago.  Now I am split between Phoenix 1.5 and CGMiner.  I will try upgrading my phoenix.  I'm also going to try out BAMT at some point, probably next week.  You are full of good ideas gigasvps!

I appreciate the kind words. BAMT is pretty amazing since you only need to edit a single config file to get it up and running and really helps keep costs down with only needing a usb stick for the hard drive.
Activity: 332
What mining software are you using? I was using Phoenix 1.5 on windows and it seems to drop the long polling after a while and that is was caused the higher stale rates. I then switch to cgminer 1.5.1 on windows and my stale rate is around 0.3%. I also am using BAMT with the latest phoenix 1.6.1 and stales are also very low on ars.

Shares This Day: 3821
Stales This Day: 50 (1.2917%)

ahh i c.  Maybe it is Phoenix 1.5-related, because I was using phoenix 1.5 exclusively until a few days ago.  Now I am split between Phoenix 1.5 and CGMiner.  I will try upgrading my phoenix.  I'm also going to try out BAMT at some point, probably next week.  You are full of good ideas gigasvps!
Activity: 265
The auto pay doesn't seem to work for me. Does it have to be above 0.5 ?
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Added some new information to the left side bar.

Example:

Pool Unpaid:   120.11635315 BTC
Your Unpaid:   0.08378776 BTC
Your Pay Ratio:   0.069756%
Pay Next Block:   0.03487775 BTC

This means, the current unpaid work for the pool is 120.11635315 BTC, and my current unpaid work is 0.08378776 BTC.
So, with the SMPPS algorithm, the next time the pool has BTC to pay, I will get (0.08378776 / 120.11635315) * Available BTC.
I put this as your pay ratio (0.08378776 / 120.11635315) converted to %.
Then, an estimate on how much of your work will get paid on the next block confirmation is your pay ratio * 50 BTC, or 0.03487775 BTC in this case.

If we go positive to not be waiting on block confirmations again, I will have to update the text, and this information won't be as useful.

It could also be noted that your pay ratio is about your percentage of total pool contribution (your hash compared to pool hash) as well.
Pages:
Jump to: