Pages:
Author

Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool! - page 45. (Read 123721 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I was asked to post that I won the 1st bounty. I hope the next block comes easier. =)

Congrats again man! Well done! Here's hoping I get the next one! Wink
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I was asked to post that I won the 1st bounty. I hope the next block comes easier. =)

Congratulations - you complete jammy bastard Smiley

I felt a little bad a few guys put in a lot more work. Not sure who bg is but he was there early with a really nice setup. I was battling it out around 6-9th most of the block, mostly with 4x5870. 

Honestly I thought the pool was broken or cursed. I don't think I would have lasted much past 3 million thankfully it never came to that. =)
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
^ this
Activity: 32

Congratulations - you complete jammy bastard Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Thanks! I'll look into it this weekend.
Activity: 560
Merit: 517
After disabling timestamp updating on most of my miners (instead of just one experimental one), I'm getting 1-2% rejected (compared to 5-6%). So I guess this confirms the Bitcoins.lc solution, which suggests that poclbm's support for X-Roll-NTime is broken somehow.

So that's certainly better but I'm still getting those random shares that are being rejected for no reason (probably duplicate work). There are two relevant patches I found that are server-side related:
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=14483.msg208046#msg208046
http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/w/bitcoind/luke-jr.git/shortlog/refs/heads/getwork_dedupe
Alright... I forgive.  However, you could have just PMed me without causing problems for my users who are trying to view the stats.
Activity: 98
Sorry if this caused any troubles. It was just an alert() after all. Not trying to have fun at your expense. Smiley

My intention was to let you know about that bug in your stats before a bad guy exploits it. Please take my apologies.
Yes, apparently gentakin is trying to demonstrate that he can have fun at our expense.  Stats page is down for a bit. (Client side scripting in nickname to throw a popup.)

*Edit* XSS fixed, stats back up.  
Shaman, your issue is caused by the way I am currently updating stats at the moment.  I update your current round shares at a slightly different time from your lifetime shares.  So they won't match sometimes.  Some shares will be reflected in the current round that are not yet added to your lifetime count. 

Thats good to know, but that wasnt the two counts I was comparing. I was not comparing lifetime shares vs round shares. I was comparing round shares with shares my miner here listed that the pool had 'accepted'

I'll be working on various issues with the pool.  Remember, this is just our first block, I'm still working things out!

As I can see Wink a popup saying "bug" is appearing on the stats page now
Activity: 98
BurningToad, I sent you a private message. Since I know this forum sucks at showing incoming private messages, I'm just telling you here. Wink
Shaman, your issue is caused by the way I am currently updating stats at the moment.  I update your current round shares at a slightly different time from your lifetime shares.  So they won't match sometimes.  Some shares will be reflected in the current round that are not yet added to your lifetime count.  They are only added to lifetime amount when the network itself finds a block.  When I increment the block count, i add to lifetime shares.

About the stales, I will look into it when I get some more time.  It is strange though because some people have extremely low (0.2%) stales while others have fairly high (6%).  So something in the user setup must be involved too, not just the server.

I'll be working on various issues with the pool.  Remember, this is just our first block, I'm still working things out!

he only other thing I can think of is the pool giving me duplicate work

That could explain something I was seeing. I was seeing more shares 'accepted' on my client here than I was seeing as accepted on the server. So i tested that out.

The way I tested it was thus

- Stopped mining for a period (i think it was an hour. More than enough for the stats lag to catch up anyways)
- Verify the amount of submitted shares in the pool control panel
- Started guiminer
- Ran for a time (about 1000 shares i think), then stopped and noted the 'accepted' shares listed in guiminer
- Waited for a while for pool stats to catch up (30 mins?)
- Noticed a discrepancy of about 50 shares between my client and what the server had

I thought maybe I just did something wrong, but someone else seeing possible duplicates made me post this up.

Can you check into it BF?

During the course of the first round, I noticed I was mining at 5-6% rejection rate. After seeing that, I started to investigate. Long story short I came to an odd conclusion. Some shares were being rejected for no obvious reason whatsoever. Here are the circumstances of those rejected shares:

1) Lots of accepted shares surrounding it.
2) No new blocks recently found.
3) Timestamp adjustment disabled.
4) Work shouldn't be much older than 13 seconds.
5) Share verified on CPU by poclbm (so the GPU isn't to blame).

BurningToad: Any idea why these shares might have been rejected?

I used my local long polling patch, which verifies #2 above. #3 means that the only thing the miner is fiddling with is the nonce, in case changing the timestamp was causing a weird bug on the pool. #4 means the share wasn't rejected because its timestamp was too old.

The only other thing I can think of is the pool giving me duplicate work. I have vague memory of other pools running into this problem; where they were seeing high rejected share rates and discovered the pool was giving out duplicate work.

EDIT: Found the thread I remember. http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=14483.0. Bitcoins.lc was having duplicated work problems, and it turned out to be a bug. BurningToad you could check your DB and see if a lot of rejected shares are due to duplicate work.
Activity: 80
woo! first block.. just disappointed it wasn't me Sad

will probs stick to this pool at least for the weekend - I've still not made my first whole BTC yet Sad

If we get lucky, then at least I'll get a decent share compared to the other pools!
The stats update at different times, thats why it looked out of sync for a bit.  I will work on improving things now that we actually have a block to work with!!

I don't know if user 74 wants his username published (didn't set a nickname).  So I'm going to email him about it.

Also, the "Est. Unconfirmed" is exactly that, the estimated earnings you will get credited to your account after 120 confirmations (which is when I get the BTC in the pool wallet.)  Now, this EST could be slightly off, because it is based on your estimate at the time it was found (remember I said stats update at different times?)  What this means is at 120 confirmations, the 100 % precise share counts are done, and BTC is credited out.
Activity: 32
Putting aside my understanding of probability, I quite like the small pool thing.
Actually fun crossing fingers for a good block or cursing a bad one.
I think the finder should get an extra reward for cracking such a difficult block!

They do, they get 10BTC Smiley
I think the finder should get an extra reward for cracking such a difficult block!
Pages:
Jump to: