Pages:
Author

Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool! - page 46. (Read 123721 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Woop!! firt block found. Lets hope the next few blocks are better luck!

congrats user74!!

133,099   2   User 74   2011-06-24 06:35:01 PM
Activity: 32
hey, it does shows  Est. Unconfirmed: now, does that mean that block is found but not confirmed? why isn't it in the blocks found with 0 confirms?
Who found that unconfirmed block?

I was just about to say exactly the same... 'Something' seems to have happened.
Not sure if it's connected, but I had 'problem communicating with server' popping up about 10 mins ago.
Activity: 52
Lifetime Shares: 17228
Lifetime Stale: 435
Valid This Round: 14 shares
Round Shares: 4020 shares

Huh? So we found a block 4020 shares ago?

Nothing showing up in the found blocks section though Sad

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
hey, it does shows  Est. Unconfirmed: now, does that mean that block is found but not confirmed? why isn't it in the blocks found with 0 confirms?
Who found that unconfirmed block?
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I ran my cpu miner for a good number of hours - it didnt get a single share.. and the worker didn't seem to show up as active on the workers page either. GPU is going fine though. I switched the CPU to a different pool and it generated 8 shares within an hour or so.. very odd lol

Ah well, I'm gonna keep going with my GPU until we get the first block or 2 Smiley

Like you said - its personal now!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
This is pretty torturous right about now.

I prefer to think of it as character-building.

If by character-building, you miners climbing to the top of a building and contemplating the jump, then yea   Cheesy

On a serious note though, I had to disable CPU mining.  For some reason it pretty much cuts into the Mhashes coming from my GPU (and I even used the no GPU argument when setting up the Ufasoft miner).

I prefer to think of it as character-building.
My THIRD testnet test.... hey look, blocks!!!
http://75.101.142.241/stats.php

Testnet blocks are worth something.... right??
* BurningToad goes and mumbles in the corner

I was about to ask if the pool was actually working Smiley
Still I'm in this until somebody finds that f'in block. This has become personal.
Activity: 207
My THIRD testnet test.... hey look, blocks!!!
http://75.101.142.241/stats.php

Testnet blocks are worth something.... right??
* BurningToad goes and mumbles in the corner
Yea and the difficulty increased during the morning.  This is going to be a rough one.
Activity: 211
damn block from hell... Huh

don't we love probability...
Activity: 99
Edit: Removed text, I made some mistakes. 
Activity: 207
There was some chat in IRC about stale shares.  There was a stats issue for a few hours where new users' lifetime share counts were not being updated for stats properly, that is fixed.

The first thing to check when looking into stale shares is to see if you are getting Long Poll notices on new blocks.  On GUIminer you can show the console and look for them.  Second, if you have a spotty, laggy, internet connection, that will cause stales.  Also if you are far from the server (East coast USA.), especially overseas.

Sometimes GUIminer connections can lose their long polling after running for a long time.  You can try restarting them.

Personally I get a 0.4% stale rate, and 30 users get below 1%.  I don't think there is an overall general issue with stales.  Aexoden is our leader with (75 stale / 28297 valid), or just a 0.27% stale rate.
Activity: 14
I'm running a 5700 with a 850 watt PSU
I do have to spend it at Amazon(Gift Card) and I think I can spare the extra for the 6850.
That is the one I was kinda looking at.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
If you're forced to spend it on Amazon, you can get a 6850 for $169.

It will hold it's value better and it's better for gaming then the 5770. The 5770 is only 108 watts so if you already have a decent video card the 5770 is probably better if you have PSU/heat concerns. 

Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition Smiley

On a side note I have about 150 I need to spend from amazon.
Can anyone recommend a good card for mining.
I have been doing a little research but I like quote from people that are actually using them.

Trying to join up with my measly 144 mhash but keeps throwing back a problem communicating error.
I triple checked my information to make sure it was correct.
Anyone else with this problem.

We shall be fighting on the leaderboard..
2 million and counting.

Wonder if we'll hit 3?   Lips sealed
Activity: 84
Mise well jump in for the first one, gl to all!
Activity: 14
Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition Smiley

On a side note I have about 150 I need to spend from amazon.
Can anyone recommend a good card for mining.
I have been doing a little research but I like quote from people that are actually using them.

Trying to join up with my measly 144 mhash but keeps throwing back a problem communicating error.
I triple checked my information to make sure it was correct.
Anyone else with this problem.

We shall be fighting on the leaderboard..
Activity: 99
Your stale rate seems ok, the pool says you have 784 shares, 13 stale, just a 1.6% rate.  That is also a very small sample period, so that rate doesn't mean much.  Could have been a period where lots of blocks were solved by the network quickly.  Where are you located, and is long polling working?

LP seems working. I am located in Scandinavia  Grin Might try another time.
Pages:
Jump to: