Pages:
Author

Topic: 0.25 BTC Bounty - Show me a Mt Gox USD Withdrawal :) - page 5. (Read 48809 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
After a month of waiting I cancelled the transfer.

Who needs fiat money anyway. Fiat and it's institutions are so inconvenient.If I want to send money, it should be instant and effortless.
Activity: 280
And way more than any Bitcoin company.  Banks don't like regulatory uncertainty, and Bitcoin takes the cake there.

That they lacked the foresight to see this coming and prepare for it doesn't inspire confidence in their management. This, the lack of meaningful improvements to the service in ages, and the US account seizure suggest a lazy "She'll be right" attitude rather than proactive management. I still think MtGox are honest and will eventually pay out their clients, but a billion dollar business needs a professional CEO at the top, not a gamer/hacker.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
Looks like Mt. Gox didn't go through Mizuho this time, their "ID ORIG:1/MT.GOX CO.LTD. ID:0210-X-XXXXXXX" has changed since June.

That's correct.  Appears that the money came from a bank in Germany.  This is exactly what Gox has said.  They are having issues with the wire withdrawal batching through Mizuho, so they have to manually process orders through other means.  It could also mean that the intermediary bank was in Germany, and not in the US.  I'm no banker... So I'm not sure.

-EP

If you post a screenshot of the gox end then I'd definitely say you deserve the bounty.
legendary
Activity: 800
Looks like Mt. Gox didn't go through Mizuho this time, their "ID ORIG:1/MT.GOX CO.LTD. ID:0210-X-XXXXXXX" has changed since June.

That's correct.  Appears that the money came from a bank in Germany.  This is exactly what Gox has said.  They are having issues with the wire withdrawal batching through Mizuho, so they have to manually process orders through other means.  It could also mean that the intermediary bank was in Germany, and not in the US.  I'm no banker... So I'm not sure.

-EP
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Video from Roger Ver on MtGox Finances to ease the communitys misplaced fears on MtGox Insolvency - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP1YsMlrfF0

Thanks, it's probably the most awkward reading of statement I've seen a long, long time.   There was a time when anchor David Horowitz was asked to read a statement on air with the statement preparer right next to him.

it seriously looks like someone is off camera holding a guy to that guys head
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Activity: 238
USD withdrawal requested AFTER 7/4/2013 and that is subsequently put into their account. You will need to post two screen shots, one of the Gox withdrawal and one of it actually in your bank account (the incoming wire).
legendary
Look at the SSL cert.

-EP

Bounty to: 18KcLRpwrzmjkumE7Xpqk2NV2oZbL6QsHT

-EP

USD wire or EUR? And is that to a US bank?
Activity: 177
Congrats EPiSKiNG on getting your wire.  I remember a month ago or so, you posted the Mt Gox chat logs and asked if canceling meant they would put you in back of the queue.  Looks like they are getting around to doing them, though it may take a while.

Thinking about re-initiating my wire today and will see what happens.
legendary

Bounty to: 18KcLRpwrzmjkumE7Xpqk2NV2oZbL6QsHT

-EP
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Hi NotMe,

Okay. I did the clickee thing and read EPiSKING's post. He stated that he received his withdrawal, but yet provided no proof as was requested by the OP (The Banker). So in essence, we still don't have anyone receiving a USD withdrawal yet.  If EPiSKING did receive his USD withdrawal then there's no reason no to provide proof and collect his reward.

I mean I could post that I just figured out how to create electricity by rubbing 2 sticks together, but without proof, all I'm doing is posting an unverified statement.

I understand that, and I'm not asking you to believe him or me.  I just wanted to share something that seems to contradict your statement that

NO ONE seems to have been successful in making a USD withdrawal from Magic The Gathering Online eXchange.

Whether or not you you believe him is up to you.  I'm not here to convince you, just to share evidence.

I will pm him and let him know the bounty is still available.  See, there are ways to resolve these things.  You don't have to throw your hands up in the air.  Now, please remember not everyone lives on these forums, so it may take some time for him to respond.
Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Can't upload avatar
If you do money transmitting business and you are not registered as Money Services Businesses (MSBs), you can get get a penalty or even go to jail. If you do want to register as MSB, you must pay, wait and not do any business. So gox is trapped. Am I right?

Gox is working on registration.  You do not have to stop operations while they process the paperwork.

OK, thanks, good news

EDIT:
But why Bitcoin Foundation's board member Patrick Murck says:
How hard is it to get registered as an MSB?

(PM) There are two significant barriers: money and time. The minimum I’ve seen 50 state licenses done is for $2M in fees and surety bonds, and takes about 1.5 years to go through the licensing process. During the 1.5 years you’re not allowed to operate at all, even under a provisional license. This obviously causes concern for investors, because there is a signfiicant amount of money tied up for a long period of time, and no way to prove the business model before hand. An alternative is to work as an agent under another company’s MSB license, but you still have to make sure you comply with Anti-Money Laundering (AML), etc.

Maybe wrong quoting by http://thegenesisblock.com/town-hall-discussion-with-gavin-andresen-and-patrick-murck/
or foundation is just full of weird people https://bitcoinfoundation.org/about/board
If you do money transmitting business and you are not registered as Money Services Businesses (MSBs), you can get get a penalty or even go to jail. If you do want to register as MSB, you must pay, wait and not do any business. So gox is trapped. Am I right?

Gox is working on registration.  You do not have to stop operations while they process the paperwork.

They might be registering users (cash flow in), but not letting any USD out.  That is not the definition of an exchange.  

Actually, scrap that.  They are even having trouble accepting deposits now.  

"In the past we were able to credit customer accounts before the funds arrived in our own bank account, meaning that it could only take 3~4 days to register. The new process may take a week to ten days to register on your account depending on your bank, as well as weekends and holidays."

https://support.mtgox.com/entries/21692589-Changes-to-Deposit-Transfer-Procedures
Activity: 406

Hi NotMe,

I'm not pushing the subject, I just would like to know for my own edification. Did the person that received their USD withdrawal from MTGOX (the person you referenced as evidence) collect their .75 BTC reward?

It looks like he asked about it, but nobody answered him.

Is there still a bounty?  Mine came through.

-EP

BTW, if you click on a person's name you can then click "Show the last posts of this person." to view their posts.  Then I don't have to do your investigation for you.

Hi NotMe,

Okay. I did the clickee thing and read EPiSKING's post. He stated that he received his withdrawal, but yet provided no proof as was requested by the OP (The Banker). So in essence, we still don't have anyone receiving a USD withdrawal yet.  If EPiSKING did receive his USD withdrawal then there's no reason no to provide proof and collect his reward.

I mean I could post that I just figured out how to create electricity by rubbing 2 sticks together, but without proof, all I'm doing is posting an unverified statement.
legendary

Gox is working on registration.  You do not have to stop operations while they process the paperwork.
legendary

Hi NotMe,

I'm not pushing the subject, I just would like to know for my own edification. Did the person that received their USD withdrawal from MTGOX (the person you referenced as evidence) collect their .75 BTC reward?

It looks like he asked about it, but nobody answered him.

Is there still a bounty?  Mine came through.

-EP

BTW, if you click on a person's name you can then click "Show the last posts of this person." to view their posts.  Then I don't have to do your investigation for you.
Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Can't upload avatar
Activity: 406
Damn.

NO ONE seems to have been successful in making a USD withdrawal from Magic The Gathering Online eXchange.

Not very reassuring.

I mean, it were just a huge backlog or incompetent management, then at least ONE person on this forum should have been successful.

NO ONE huh?

I received a wire from mtgox for a large amount.  Took about 1.5 months, and a couple of support requests, but it finally came in.  They're fixing it, and within the next month or less, it should be back to normal.  

I don't think people realize how much volume gox does...  ANY exchange with similar volume will/have run into these issues.

-EP

Hi NotMe,

I don't want to get into a pissing contest, but it seems that you either work for MTGOX or you're a client hell-bent on continuing to believe that something isn't awry with MTGOX.

If in fact the individual you referenced in your remark did receive their USD, then did they submit proof and recieve their BTC reward (I think that it's up to .75 BTC now).

Best Regards,
Pangia

Cool.  Believe what you want.  I'm just sharing evidence.

It doesn't take much effort to maintain my belief that MtGox will return to normal withdrawal times within 1.5 months, so I don't think "hell-bent" is an accurate characterization.

Hi NotMe,

legendary
Damn.

Not very reassuring.

I mean, it were just a huge backlog or incompetent management, then at least ONE person on this forum should have been successful.

NO ONE huh?

I received a wire from mtgox for a large amount.  Took about 1.5 months, and a couple of support requests, but it finally came in.  They're fixing it, and within the next month or less, it should be back to normal.  

I don't think people realize how much volume gox does...  ANY exchange with similar volume will/have run into these issues.

-EP

Hi NotMe,

I don't want to get into a pissing contest, but it seems that you either work for MTGOX or you're a client hell-bent on continuing to believe that something isn't awry with MTGOX.

If in fact the individual you referenced in your remark did receive their USD, then did they submit proof and recieve their BTC reward (I think that it's up to .75 BTC now).

Best Regards,
Pangia

Cool.  Believe what you want.  I'm just sharing evidence.

It doesn't take much effort to maintain my belief that MtGox will return to normal withdrawal times within 1.5 months, so I don't think "hell-bent" is an accurate characterization.
Pages:
Jump to: