Pages:
Author

Topic: 0.25 BTC Bounty - Show me a Mt Gox USD Withdrawal :) - page 10. (Read 48809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000
Anyone want to chip in, I can try to withdraw into an Asian bank?

If this work, I can help the person who pay the experiment fee to withdraw. This of course will cost money when the money has to exchange from USD to local currency, then from local currency back to USD for wiring out.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
hahahhaha.  BTC coming right up!
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
I got screenshot
http://i.imgur.com/Zd8WY7u.png

pay btc 19SzqoXtkXRf2CxKfXQavYiBiytEZoiS2p TY

hehe maybe that's why their bank wire's aren't going through :p

They forgot to put a date on the wiring instructions Sad
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
I got screenshot
http://i.imgur.com/Zd8WY7u.png

pay btc 19SzqoXtkXRf2CxKfXQavYiBiytEZoiS2p TY
zby
legendary
Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001
i just made another successful domestic withdrawl to my Japanese bank account.  Took only a day or 2 as usual.

(i know this doesn't count, but just thought i'd let you guys know)

Was it in USD?
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
i just made another successful domestic withdrawl to my Japanese bank account.  Took only a day or 2 as usual.

(i know this doesn't count, but just thought i'd let you guys know)
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
The question here is who is selling on MtGox?  Why sell when you cannot withdraw the money?  I think it is MtGox itself that is selling and they are trying to make some additional money on arbitrage - maybe trying to cover some bigger fuckup or something.

And the bitcoin community eeked out a resounding, "Duh!"
zby
legendary
The question here is who is selling on MtGox?  Why sell when you cannot withdraw the money?  I think it is MtGox itself that is selling and they are trying to make some additional money on arbitrage - maybe trying to cover some bigger fuckup or something.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
They are sending withdraws, they are just backlogged.  They are able to fulfill withdrawal requests, it will just take time.

And yet this very thread is about a total of 0.75 BTC unclaimed bounty vs showing a successful withdrawal.
You'd think someone would come up try and claim that money.

(sorry for condescending tone)
zby
legendary
Activity: 169
I have been having trouble even getting my account verified.  Definitely quite frustrating especially now that I hear people are having trouble getting their money out.  With the rates of their commissions, there is no way they should have a liquidity problem unless they were playing dirty trying to make a buck on swings, or if they have a large portion of their US reserves in their dwolla account that was seized.  Still you think they would have learned from the hack and crash of 2011 and keep some fiat in a form of cold storage in a trusted bank far from the grips of the US government, especially if there was any concern they may be violating certain money service laws.  All they would need to do then is move money to dwolla as needed.     

I really hope it truly is a backlog and not a pay off friends first as someone suggested earlier.  That has bad news written all over it. 
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

I do not work for Gox.  I've just been around long enough to know that they don't move at the pace most people expect them to move.  Improvements could be made here.

You, however, are exaggerating.  The outage was 2 weeks.  There outage is over, but there is a large backlog of withdrawals that they are working through.  I have not seen any claims that cancelled wires were not made available to trade.  I have seen several claims of the converse (people cancelled withdrawals, bought btc, and then withdrew).  They have already clearly explained the situation with the press releases I linked.

It's been 7 business days (counting today) since withdrawals resumed, and when they resumed them they estimated it would take several weeks to work through the log.  You people have no patience.

What is happening with Mt.Gox is unprecedented, history is not an indicator of future performance as you are suggesting.  May I remind you that you are talking about a incompetent CEO who told authorities that his business neither exchanged currency nor was a money transmitter.  

"In particular, Karpeles answered no to two important questions: “Do you deal in or exchange currency for your customer?” and “Does your business accept funds from customers and send the funds based on customers’ instructions (Money Transmitter)?”

http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/16/mt-gox-dwolla-account-money-seizure/

I'm sure with his incredible leadership Mt.Gox can handle the avalanche of shit coming their way.  

Unprecedented huh?
SEPA withdrawals were blocked/delayed for a month or more.
Dwolla withdrawals were blocked/delayed for a month or more (months before the account was finally closed).
They have had several banks accounts closed over the years, including one that lead to a very public court case in France.

And this is one reason why it takes them so long to respond.  People send daily emails which results in 10 times the volume to work through in their email queue.  I'm glad (but not surprised) to hear that your issue has been resolved.

No offense, but you're starting to sound like Baghdad Bob.

Gox has been extremely derelict in communicating with the people to whom it owes hundreds of thousands of dollars. If they gave satisfactory answers to the first email, customers wouldn't need to pester them over weeks and months. To my knowledge, they never even issued an official statement about the Dwolla matter after the initial, "We don't know anything about it." The other "official" statements have been clear as mud.

Questioning the veracity of their claims is not FUD at this point, it is a legitimate inquiry into the risk of this situation by people with a lot of money on the line. Your suggestion of more "patience" has no place in the world of Bitcoin, because most know that where there is smoke, there is almost certainly fire.

Don't worry, I'm not taking anything personally.  Call me whatever names you want.  I understand people are upset about their money.  That said, people should do their due diligence before giving so much money to anyone.  You can't just trust a business because it is a market leader.  Anybody who has investigated the history of MtGox will not be surprised by the recent delays.

This is not the first time there have been issues, and it will very likely not be the last.  Moving as much fiat as MtGox is very difficult to accomplish due to regulations (and worse, uncertainty about regulations).  Banks can't afford to run afoul of the law, so they tend to be very conservative.  Part of standard operating procedure is to set transfer limits for new accounts that can last months.

All threads like this do is create an environment of fear and increase the demand on both the withdrawal systems and the customer support systems.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
And this is one reason why it takes them so long to respond.  People send daily emails which results in 10 times the volume to work through in their email queue.  I'm glad (but not surprised) to hear that your issue has been resolved.

No offense, but you're starting to sound like Baghdad Bob.

Gox has been extremely derelict in communicating with the people to whom it owes hundreds of thousands of dollars. If they gave satisfactory answers to the first email, customers wouldn't need to pester them over weeks and months. To my knowledge, they never even issued an official statement about the Dwolla matter after the initial, "We don't know anything about it." The other "official" statements have been clear as mud.

Questioning the veracity of their claims is not FUD at this point, it is a legitimate inquiry into the risk of this situation by people with a lot of money on the line. Your suggestion of more "patience" has no place in the world of Bitcoin, because most know that where there is smoke, there is almost certainly fire.
Activity: 238

I do not work for Gox.  I've just been around long enough to know that they don't move at the pace most people expect them to move.  Improvements could be made here.

You, however, are exaggerating.  The outage was 2 weeks.  There outage is over, but there is a large backlog of withdrawals that they are working through.  I have not seen any claims that cancelled wires were not made available to trade.  I have seen several claims of the converse (people cancelled withdrawals, bought btc, and then withdrew).  They have already clearly explained the situation with the press releases I linked.

It's been 7 business days (counting today) since withdrawals resumed, and when they resumed them they estimated it would take several weeks to work through the log.  You people have no patience.

What is happening with Mt.Gox is unprecedented, history is not an indicator of future performance as you are suggesting.  May I remind you that you are talking about a incompetent CEO who told authorities that his business neither exchanged currency nor was a money transmitter.  

"In particular, Karpeles answered no to two important questions: “Do you deal in or exchange currency for your customer?” and “Does your business accept funds from customers and send the funds based on customers’ instructions (Money Transmitter)?”

http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/16/mt-gox-dwolla-account-money-seizure/

I'm sure with his incredible leadership Mt.Gox can handle the avalanche of shit coming their way.  
legendary
After a week of daily emails to Mt. Gox demanding that they refund my outstanding wires (from June 17) back to my trading account, I am pleased to announce that they have just done so. I have converted to coin and moved to Bitstamp. I am very happy for this resolution.

I saw a post on this forum of someone sitting with USD 40,000 sitting in limbo for 12 weeks without resolution. I feel for him...

And this is one reason why it takes them so long to respond.  People send daily emails which results in 10 times the volume to work through in their email queue.  I'm glad (but not surprised) to hear that your issue has been resolved.
Activity: 172
After a week of daily emails to Mt. Gox demanding that they refund my outstanding wires (from June 17) back to my trading account, I am pleased to announce that they have just done so. I have converted to coin and moved to Bitstamp. I am very happy for this resolution.

I saw a post on this forum of someone sitting with USD 40,000 sitting in limbo for 12 weeks without resolution. I feel for him...
legendary
Do you work for Gox or just adulate them from afar?

Explain this:

Not sending wires for a month.
Refusing to refund funds not wired to the trading account.
Ignoring all requests for a clear explanation of what is going on.

Yeah everything's fine - they're just backlogged. Sure dude...

I do not work for Gox.  I've just been around long enough to know that they don't move at the pace most people expect them to move.  Improvements could be made here.

But...  wires were de facto suspended since at least 6/14, which was prior to the official suspension.  And nobody, NOBODY has posted to this thread with evidence that a single wire has gone thru since pre 6/14.  So we are over a month now.

Roll Eyes

Because this thread is an authoritative source of USD withdrawal records.  I'm done.  Continue to spread your FUD.  I won't interfere anymore.
Activity: 394
Merit: 250

Explain this:

I do not work for Gox.  I've just been around long enough to know that they don't move at the pace most people expect them to move.  Improvements could be made here.

But...  wires were de facto suspended since at least 6/14, which was prior to the official suspension.  And nobody, NOBODY has posted to this thread with evidence that a single wire has gone thru since pre 6/14.  So we are over a month now.

legendary

Explain this:

Activity: 172

They did:
https://mtgox.com/press_release_20130620.html
https://mtgox.com/press_release_20130704.html

Specifically:
Over the past weeks Mt. Gox has experienced rising volumes of deposits and withdrawals from established and upcoming markets interested in Bitcoin. This increased volume has made it difficult for our bank to process the transactions smoothly and within a timely manner, which has created unnecessary delays for our global customers. This is especially so for those in the United States who are requesting wire transfer withdrawals from their accounts.

and:
Mt. Gox has now formed relationships with several new banking partners both in Japan and around the world, and we are still in the process of finalizing even more. This means that we will have increased stability and ability to transmit withdrawals going forward.

But why would people look for information on mtgox.com's front page when it is easier to spread rumors on this forum?

Not exactly. Neither of your quotes above state that MtGox is unable to fulfill withdrawal requests. If fact, the very first sentence of the most recent (7/4/13) press release states, "Mt. Gox is happy to announce that global account withdrawals have now fully resumed as of today, after several days of testing our new system for processing transactions. We want to keep you informed about our progress in this arena, and especially assure our customers that their funds are accessible."

Are you saying that this is the case, and that everything's fine and it's just random chance that nobody has been able to confirm a single withdrawal in the (nearly) two weeks since they released this statement?

It's one thing to say "withdrawals are slow but we're establishing new relationships to speed things up".

Entirely another to say "we're still not quite able to send withdrawals but we're taking the following steps, and will be ready shortly".

Lastly, who was your statement about "spreading rumors" referring to?

They are sending withdraws, they are just backlogged.  They are able to fulfill withdrawal requests, it will just take time.  This is from further down in the same release:
The new system is just now getting under way, so there is still a back-log of withdrawals that we need to process. Our team is working hard to increase transaction speeds, but there is approximately a two-week back-log we need to overcome. It will take a few weeks to get back to normal, and we thank you for your patience during this time.

As for my "spreading rumors" statement, it is about 3/4 of the members of this forum who repeat things echo-chamber style and never look into the facts behind what they are repeating.  Don't take it personally.

Explain this:

Pages:
Jump to: