Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 114. (Read 499602 times)

Activity: 807
Merit: 500
Think of it like solo mining. ...[/quote]Wow...

I'm sure this has been previously linked in this thread, but for information on DGM, go here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/double-geometric-method-hopping-proof-low-variance-reward-system-39497
This hasn't been previously mentioned...  For information/research on several methods, go here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/analysis-of-bitcoin-pooled-mining-reward-systems-32814

Regarding the confusion about the block history chart, the key word is history.  That said, "Valid" in that chart is the same as "Confirmed" at any other pool, and for instance, 106/120 = 106 confirmations (which I would expect to also be shown at a score-based pool).
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
...I am left in the dark about what DGM actually is.
Think of it like solo mining. You don't get paid until the block is cracked open. Well that is what happens here, although on a larger scale. Hundreds of users are working on one block at a time, and the 50 coins are distributed to everyone once the block is done (and finished validating). You aren't paid for each individual share like with PPS.

So some times it will only take a few minutes (if the pool is lucky), using only a few thousand shares from everyone to crack the block open. So even though you may have only submitted lets say 20 shares, you will get a lot of BTC for it since it was solved fast. So you might get something like 0.2 BTC for that block if you were mining at 2GH/s. So getting paid 0.2BTC for 20 shares is incredible. However, sometimes the pool might be unlucky and solve a block after 16 hours. So you will still be paid 0.2 BTC for 16 hours worth of shares mining at 2GH/s (which is what... 30,000 shares maybe?).

This is still how other PPS pools operate, and in fact all pools worldwide. Just instead of you being lucky or unlucky, you are always paid at a constant rate (PPS). So it's the pool operator that is making a fortune, or losing a fortune (depending on what the luck was behind the curtains), even though a pool is using the PPS method.

DGM saves the pool operator's (Inaba) butt because he's never really going to have to worry about going into debt for awhile when there is a bunch of unlucky blocks. So the pools that run PPS, their operators can have both good days, and bad ones.

tl;dr
DGM is like solo mining. You are paid once the block is opened, and shared with the whole pool. You aren't Payed Per Share.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
I have a question on the block history table.

In the image I posted.  

Are the top three blocks, the blocks we are presently working on, and are the bottom 3 (*and beyond) blocks that we already solved?

How come my contributed shares are zero?  Do my contributed shares get added up after we solve the block?

Also does anyone have a simple explanation of DGM, and how it deals with respect to people only mining at the beginning of every new block.  IE: The pool hoppers that ensure that they get the most "LUCK" when using a prop payout system.

I have full understanding of how score based and PPS mining resolve's this issue.  But I am left in the dark about what DGM actually is.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
It's definitely on my to-do list.  I have actually been working on rewriting a lot of the backend code so that there is one server for PPS, Anonymous PPS and DGM instead of the two separate codebases I have now.  The requirements keep blossoming as I try to incorporate the two into one unified codeset.
Activity: 80
I think I am going to add the ability to also switch your miners to PPS from DGM on your account.  I need to work out the details though, so I'm not promising this 100%.

I would like this. I don't like mining without an account so if I could use my DGM account I'd feel better ha.
Activity: 80
Hi Eclipse,

You said that the pool is 0%, but then what is the 10% in the tooltip when  I hover over the cash out button?

That's the immediate cash out button that includes the amounts you are unconfirmed. It's if you want to straight up leave. Otherwise if you want to just be paid what's already confirmed. You click under that where it says "Pay Me". And says My BTC as ... Btc/ Paypal and My NMC as ... NMC/ BTC as red buttons.
Activity: 65
Hi Eclipse,

You said that the pool is 0%, but then what is the 10% in the tooltip when  I hover over the cash out button?
legendary
Yeah it's nice!  I wish everyone was mining PPS at the moment! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
Some wonderful luck we're having. Me likey Smiley
I know! I've been thinking about switching from PPS back to DGS.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
Some wonderful luck we're having. Me likey Smiley
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Which emc server are you connecting to?

us2.eclipsemc.com:8337 - which resolves to 208.110.68.115 for me right now (in case you have some type of load balancing).  network connectivity seems very good from me -> you with minimal hops, no drops, and good latency. 

here are my local 'invalid' stats for the gpu's going to you over the last ~12 hours.

248.06 Mh/s   2926 / 36   1.22%
258.63 Mh/s   3099 / 33   1.05%      
248.11 Mh/s   2946 / 32   1.07%      
258.75 Mh/s   3081 / 33   1.06%      
257.88 Mh/s   3101 / 48   1.52%   
258.77 Mh/s   3236 / 46   1.40%   

us2.eclipsemc.com:8337 - which resolves to 208.110.68.115 for me right now (in case you have some type of load balancing).  network connectivity seems very good from me -> you with minimal hops, no drops, and good latency. 
legendary
What is your incumbent pool? Some pools fudge stale numbers to look better... I we report your actual stale rate, without tricks or magic number massaging.

ozcoin.  my miner's stats pretty closely match their site's stats. the comparison is off my local miner's stats as i haven't found them on your site for my account/workers to compare.

i am a semi-noob so i may be misinterpreting some of this data but going off local reporting of invalid share % i seem to struggle with your pool as compared to others - especially ozcoin.
legendary
What is your incumbent pool? Some pools fudge stale numbers to look better... I we report your actual stale rate, without tricks or magic number massaging.
Activity: 114
Hiho!

Just found 2 Blocks in a row with only 3,6 ghash :-)

Btw. Thema Account at emc Shows 5 solved blocks instead of 6, perhaps a Bug?

Greetz
Networkerz
hello, is there anything i can do on my side to improve my reject rate to this pool?  i like many of the features and i am strongly considering throwing 1/2 of my hashes to it but i am getting literally 10x the reject % as compared to my incumbent pool.  i thought it was a fluke until i took a 4 gpu miner and pointed 2 toward emc and 2 to the other and got 1.2% here with .12% to the other.  then i flipped the gpu -> pool for each with the same results.  if it matters i currently have 6 miners running a mix of BAMT (phoenix) , Win7 (cgminer), and Xubuntu (cgminer) that are 2-5 gpus each, with each gpu being 200-375 Mh/s and i am in the northeast US.  thanks.
legendary
Looks like the PPS bug has finally been eradicated (thanks to a clue from Meni!) ...

So... what more do I need to add to PPS for people to be comfortable with it?  I think I am going to add the ability to also switch your miners to PPS from DGM on your account.  I need to work out the details though, so I'm not promising this 100%.

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Guess really thats the answer then. Those that are running good and finding blocks are proud and don't mind being known. Those who are not proud decide to stay private.

#25  Private  9638341 / 1  =  9,638,341    If I was this guy here I would be keeping my shit private to.
Of course, since it is all completely random, making any sort of judgement of individual miners based on those numbers is a complete misunderstanding of the mathematics of Bitcoin
(i.e. your comments about Private and about BillHicks)

For March I got 3 blocks - (not here) - with my 1.46GH/s ...
However, that seriously means almost nothing about the quality of my rig or the software or hardware I use.
(What it does mean is that my rig works and nothing more)
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
Guess really thats the answer then. Those that are running good and finding blocks are proud and don't mind being known. Those who are not proud decide to stay private.

#25  Private  9638341 / 1  =  9,638,341    If I was this guy here I would be keeping my shit private to.
Jump to: