Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 158. (Read 499597 times)

donator
Activity: 532
Merit: 501
We have cookies
I guess the way to look at it is that we should not see another anytime soon.
The bad thing with such "bad luck" events is that past results don't affect future ones.
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
Never was part of mining an invalid block before so having been a part of 2 in a days time came as a shock. I guess the way to look at it is that we should not see another anytime soon.

Atleast we are having some good luck now it seems with 3 blocks found in less than 4hrs.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Yeah that sucks... random bad luck.  That is actually our 4th invalid block ever, out of 334 blocks, so we are at 1.1%.  Thankfully this block was only 1 hour long, so it lessens the pain a bit.

You can get a full list of blocks with the link at the bottom of the block stats page.

Activity: 271
Dam wats going on with the invalid blocks? Correct me if I am wrong but I thought these were a 1.5%  possibility.

2 out of 9 blocks in a 30hr period being invalid. Would like to hear any thoughts or perspectives on such an occurrence.
legendary
I don't know of any Yubikey software unfortunately.  I will look into it, though.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
OK, THX!

Greetz
NetworkerZ
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
I have added a new feature:

EMC now supports the use of Yubikeys for two factor authentication.  Activating your Yubikey on EMC is a one time, one way process.  Once it's active, it can not be deactivated.  In addition to your traditional user name and password, you can choose to activate the Yubikey option by putting in an OTP in the Yubikey box under My Account.  Once you do this, you will not be able to disable or otherwise remove your requirement for a Yubikey, and neither will an attacker!  

Additionally, I have enabled the stale share counter under "reset."  Resetting your shares will now also reset your stale count.

Is there a Yubikey software or do I have to buy a Yubikey USB-Key?

Greetz
NetworkerZ
It's only available as a physical token, not as a software install like Symantec VIP.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10

EMC now supports the use of Yubikeys for two factor authentication.  Activating your Yubikey on EMC is a one time, one way process.  Once it's active, it can not be deactivated.  In addition to your traditional user name and password, you can choose to activate the Yubikey option by putting in an OTP in the Yubikey box under My Account.  Once you do this, you will not be able to disable or otherwise remove your requirement for a Yubikey, and neither will an attacker!  

Additionally, I have enabled the stale share counter under "reset."  Resetting your shares will now also reset your stale count.

Is there a Yubikey software or do I have to buy a Yubikey USB-Key?

Greetz
NetworkerZ
legendary
Well that explains why I wasn't getting notified that we found a block... not sure why it's sending out emails as NMC blocks, but yeah those are BTC blocks.

I will try to address it tomorrow if the changes I made tonight didn't fix it.
legendary
Activity: 1204
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
Wrong email subject:

"NMC Block #161808 has been solved!"  Huh

Should be:

BTC Block #161808 has been solved!

Right?!

Best!
Thiago
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh

EMC now supports the use of Yubikeys for two factor authentication.  Activating your Yubikey on EMC is a one time, one way process.  Once it's active, it can not be deactivated.  In addition to your traditional user name and password, you can choose to activate the Yubikey option by putting in an OTP in the Yubikey box under My Account.  Once you do this, you will not be able to disable or otherwise remove your requirement for a Yubikey, and neither will an attacker! 

Additionally, I have enabled the stale share counter under "reset" but there is currently no way to reset it.  I will be addressing that soon, but I wanted to mention it since I'm sure people will be a little confused as to why they can't reset their stale counts.

This is awesome. This pool just keeps adding sweet features.
legendary

legendary
Hmm... I'm not sure why that is.  I will look into it.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
I see.

The login: I guess it happens the first time each time I login. So in order to access the Shares graph, I have to login twice.
legendary
An invalid block means we found a block at nearly the same time as another source.  In this case, it seems to be P2Pool.  It happens fairly rarely, but everyone experiences it the more blocks you mine.  More sources validated P2Pools solution than our solution and thus P2Pools was accepted over ours.  

As far as the login thing - does this happen every time or just the first time?

miners are asked to upgrade their software and put the string "/P2SH/" in the input of the coinbase transaction for blocks that they create.

I'm not sure that is the case - it would seem bitcoind needs to be upgraded as well.

I am in support of the feature, but I'm not sure I can support the timeframe required to implementation and testing prior to a live rollout.
legendary
This is not OK.
Oh, and I'm finding if I click on the number of shares I submitted for a block, I get taken to the login page. If then I login and go back to the block stats and click the # shares it then takes me to the graph.
legendary
This is not OK.
So an invalid block? What does that mean? An error during the calculation somewhere?
donator
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
I think the appearance of support in the blocks will be the deciding factor on implementing the function.  Your just saying yes I would like this change added by signing P2SH into our blocks. That was my understanding anyway, but like I said, it's a bit over my knowledge level.
legendary
But that would imply that the bitcoind would be ready to process those transactions and it wouldn't.  Or do I misunderstand the BIP?

To gracefully upgrade and ensure no long-lasting block-chain split occurs, more than 50% of miners must support full validation of the new transaction type and must switch from the old validation rules to the new rules at the same time.
To judge whether or not more than 50% of hashing power supports this BIP, miners are asked to upgrade their software and put the string "/P2SH/" in the input of the coinbase transaction for blocks that they create.
On February 1, 2012, the block-chain will be examined to determine the number of blocks supporting pay-to-script-hash for the previous 7 days.

Just adding the appearance of support would be counterproductive, to my understanding.  
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
just add it on the end of the coinbase - 5 extra characters '0x04' and 'P2SH'
(although it could be '0x06' '/P2SH/' the wording isn't really clear Tongue)
Jump to: