Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 159. (Read 499597 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Ah... hmm... no I don't see that happening by the timeframe he has put forth.  With the way merged mining is handled now, upgrading bitcoind is somewhat complicated and it's not going to happen prior to February most likely.  

I'm also unsure (even though it doesn't affect EMC at the moment) how that would affect how PSJ handles both BTC work generation (and subsequently work submittal) and how that would interact with the merged mining in PSJ.  As I am still moving toward (albeit slowly) a PSJ test roll out, it will also be an issue going forward.  

In either case, it doesn't seem as it will affect end users one way or another as far as mining goes - but it would be a handy change for bitcoin in general.  But the timeframe is just too short.  
donator
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BIP_0016
I'm sure thee is a thread in technical discussion that's way over my head, but Coinlab posted this:

Especially of note  is that Gavin asked miners who agreed with the proposal to add the string “P2SH” in blocks they mine; he will count blocks mined during January to determine how the BitCoin mining community ‘votes’ on this issue. This is an interesting and novel development in BitCoin governance, and we look forward to seeing how this ‘voting’ mechanism evolves.

I was just wondering if it is going in our blocks.
legendary
I'm sorry I don't understand your question.  What do you mean by Pay to Script?
donator
Activity: 798
Inaba, how is the Pay to Script vote handled with pooled mining? I'm assuming the decision is yours?
legendary
Reset stales are not really active yet, since i need to restart the getwork server to make it live and I have not done that yet.  Additionally, resetting them is not possible at the moment due to the way hashrate is calculated, so I have to recode some stuff to make share resets resettable anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1876
My Workers should no long be wrapping the text.

works....  thank you, thank you, thank you....

question about the stale number.

my top row sorted by since reset is.  62925 (0)  5779 (36)    1276554 (6470)

if the number in parans are stales, how is it possible to have more stales since block found then since reset?

legendary
My Workers should no long be wrapping the text.
legendary
Jjjim - Yes, I have 35 workers, so I feel your pain.  I will try to get that fixed asap.  For some reason the
tag is causing the cell to wrap... not sure why.

stoppots - Thanks!  If there's anything you'd like to see, let me know!

jjsabadoo - I will be adding some of that to the new stats page I am trying to put together, at least as an overall.  I will see what I can do about doing stuff for individual workers, too.
Activity: 535
I'd like to see a 24 hour, 7 day and one month hash rate average per worker. This was my favorite feature of yourbtc.net.

Even if not for each individual worker, just for your total account.

Hash rate and maybe BTC generated per worker also with same parameters(24hrs 7days 1 month)also.

awesome pool man. I'm up to about 10 GH/s with two accounts so far and looking to add more.
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
Very impressed with the many features and feedback eclipse offers. Keep up the good work.
legendary
Doh, I forgot to add that fix.  I'll do that now, should be working in about 10 minutes.

Thanks for the hard work. we appreciate it..

Is there anyway to get the table back to a single row.?  I have alot of rigs and the data is harder to compare because of the unaligned numbers and the spacing in the table.  with 16 rigs and more on the way i have to scroll alot too.

thxs again
Jim

edit:  I see you have a nowrap on the td...... hmmmmmm. damn HTML drives me crazy..........
legendary
Doh, I forgot to add that fix.  I'll do that now, should be working in about 10 minutes.
legendary
Anaba,
  I dont know if you realize that the sorting is not working after adding the stales.

for instance, if I sort by my reset column: (desc)
16216(0)
14149(0)
16384(0)
16258(0)

I hope I didn't send this too early.?

legendary
Wow ok, so I really bolloxed that up... sorry to those that got a bunch of failed miner email or SMS messages.  Things should be good now and no more false alerts should be going out.

I'm going to stop poking at it after I get the stale count display correct, but that shouldn't affect anything as far as hashrate or failed miners go.
legendary
I had to make some changes to a table to accommodate the display of stale shares, so hashrate went up dramatically on every worker due to the way hashrate is calculated, it should return to normal in about 15 minutes.  Not that anyone would panic if we really had 1 TH/s but you know.

I'm going to have to restart the getwork server at some point to make the shares since reset work, but I'll give a bit of notice before I do that.

In the meantime, can those who are interested let me know what stats you'd like to see on a dedicated stats page?

*EDIT* it seems to have freaked out the failed miner notification for a few miners (some data probably got pushed off the end of a table by the update) so the system is thinking some miners are idle if they take a bit of time to submit a share, even though they really aren't.

*EDIT 2* I went ahead and just cleared the table, so hashrate will build up again as appropriate.  The spurious alerts only applied to disabled miners, not active ones, so you can disregard that, unless you received an alert for one of your disabled miners.  I apologize.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
The mobile formatted site is quite possibly the cleverest thing ever.
legendary
Your total is actually the last 50 blocks, so your total will fluctuate as blocks fall off/add on.  I am thinking of just making the change so the total for all blocks is displayed at the bottom.  If I look at all of your blocks, you're at +2.73% and as I said, that total does not include your banked positive. You will actually see your total rate jump quite a bit in 9 more blocks as all those -% blocks at the bottom of your current list drop off.

If I look at say the last 17 blocks, you're at +0.15% proportional differential.  Or, if I take the last 41 blocks, you're score would improve from -1.09% to -0.69% (~40% improvement) - that does not take into account the 9 additional blocks we've yet to find, so that might actually improve further.

So... yeah, it's kind of a useless stat I am becoming more and more convinced.  An aggregate total would seem to be more useful, but it would be far more slower moving.  Especially as more and more blocks are gained.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
I recently updated my miner software and now my stales are around 1%.  They used to be between 1.5%-1.8%.

The total payout compared to proportional on my end shows -1.09%, and it's been heading further into the negatives ever since block 160786    with the -26.15% payout.  Although there were two or three times that my payout improved by a hundredth of a percent or two.  Overall, it's been getting worse.
legendary
NetworkerZ - I will try to make up a nice consolidated stats page this week, to include those things you mention as well as more.

Math Man - I'm not sure - how far into negative is your Total?  It's kind of hard to deduce cause and effect, since there is a "delay" in so far as what you do right now won't be reflected in your score for roughly 7 blocks with current settings.  Are you seeing an excessive amount of stales?  I will be putting the stale counter on the stats page (and perhaps a pool state rate somewhere as well), that may be an indicator, but I don't think there is any problems as far as stales go for anyone.  Your aggregate total is ~2.73% into the positive, which doesn't include the "banked" positive you have if you were to stop mining right now, which would probably put you somewhere closer to 5% greater than prop at the moment.

I really have a mind to do away with the prop differential since it's so misleading on the current block, and just have a prop differential "total" down at the bottom.  What is everyones opinion on that? 

Jump to: