Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 161. (Read 499597 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Yeah I don't think there is a sync issue on 9009... I think it's due to the huge jumps in hash rate during the one round.  As I said, I've been mining on 9009 for weeks and haven't seen any issues.

As far as "Your shares" and My Workers.  My Workers includes stales and other shares that are not counted towards your total, whereas "Your shares" are the shares you are paid for.  Although there is a very slight time lag between the updating of Your Shares and My Workers, but it would only be relevant to someone with a really high hashrate.  

I also want to point out with regards to the variance, you should not take a single round prop differential as the final word as to your payout - you need to look at it over time.  At the bottom of the block stats list, it will total your prop differential for the last 50 blocks - it should be right around 0.  A big swing either way is usually balanced out by smaller swings in the opposite direction over time, but in this case I think the huge jump in hashrate made the swing a lot more apparent than usual.

Networker - send me your pool user name via PM and I can take a look.

Flynn - It looks like your mining is somewhat inconsistent as far as hashrate goes, do you have miners going offline a lot?  What is your hashrate?  Your prop differential total appears to be within expected parameters, though?
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
I think I win (lose?) for most negative variance on that monster round:

30668 shares, about 1.5GH/s, earning 0.09163900 (-98.39%), port 8337

Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Well, some of my cards mine at 9009, some 8337, some use the eu and some use the us servers.

edit: "Your Shares" is showing 40 shares less than the "Round Totals" on the My Workers page. Yesterday or the day before that it was 50 shares less, I didn't think much of it, thought it was a syncing thing, or DGS thing.
legendary
Activity: 1022
BitMinter
 Shocked wtf ? 93 GH and 70 GH miners ! Who are those guys ?
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
I was mining on port 8337 (during the long round, now I'm on 9009) and I had a -26,07% earnings. I think it depends on the rising pool speed from 290 to ~450 GH/s DURING this round. Is this possible? My earnings lowers when the pool speed is rising, but the round duration is shorter!?! In the next round (Block 160847) I had +0,16% on port 9009 with ~1,8 GH/s. I don't think there is a problem with port 9009.

Greetz
NetworkerZ

PS: Now pool speed is at 280 GH/s by the way  Huh

EDIT: In the running round I have 85 shares at "Quick Statistics" and at "My Workers" 288 shares. Is there a a normal delay?
Activity: 150
Cyb and Math Man, what port were you guys mining on?  9009 or 8337?

I'm on port 8337.
legendary
Well... I think there might be a sync problem with the daemon on port 9009.  I've been mining on it for several weeks now but I haven't noticed any issues, but it may be that they didn't show up until the hashrate jumped.  Stop mining on port 9009 until I get it sorted out or verify that is not the issue.

Activity: 266
Merit: 36
52465 shares, about 2.18Gh/s, earning 0.23414985 -32.83%, port 9009
legendary
Cyb and Math Man, what port were you guys mining on?  9009 or 8337?
legendary
So I was looking into this and I think it is a consequence of how DGM builds up the score.  My prop differential is lower than usual as well, but I had a lot of downtime yesterday (internet went out for 7 hours), so I attributed it to that. 

However, what appears to have happened to some people, especially those with lower hashrates, is with the huge jump in hashrate (200+ GH/s) on this one block, it skews the prop differential because there were so many more shares submitted than "expected" (I know Meni is probably cringing at my use of that word) for this particular block that your prop differential shows lower. 

As your DGM score capacitor increases, it should tend back the other way over the next 7 blocks or so... although I'm not 100% positive that's how the math plays out.  It may be it will tend back out if/when the hashrate drops and/or you stop mining.  Perhaps Meni can clarify what happens to the equation during a block like this where the hashrate basically doubles halfway through, with many people already at equilibrium.

Math Man - what is your user name and hashrate?

This block paid out just under 51 BTC across all participants (which is about where I would expect it for a block of this length), so nothing just went "poof" to a bug or anything.

I will monitor Cyb and Math Mans accounts over the next few blocks to see what happens.  Does anyone else have an unusual payout prop differential and if so how much?  Please also include your hashrate.  I suspect it will be more pronounced the lower the hashrate because the share differential will be larger compared to your submitted shares the less shares you submitted in this block.

For this last long block (160786), I had a low payout of -26.15% compared to proportional payout.  I submitted 113,862 of the total 8,434,216 shares or 1.4%.  This extremely low payout is odd, because I had nearly 100% up-time (3 of my 12 workers went down for 15 minutes each yesterday, and that's it during the whole 30 hour block).  

Normally, the majority of my payouts compared to proportional fluctuate between -2% to +2%, with the totals always staying positive.

Does anyone have any insight into my problem?  Is Wifi a bad choice for mining rigs?

hardware/software configuration:
6 x 5970s
Wireless N
Phoenix Miner - stale shares 1.5-1.8%%
Linux Coin
Smartcoin

Thanks.

I got -27.94%, didn't use cash out at any point.
Did you use the Cashout feature or anything recently? 

I don't believe I used the cash out.  My transaction history only shows automatic payouts for the past 15 or so transactions.  Would cash out show up as a manual transaction?

It's possible that I hit the cash out button while checking the website from my phone,  but  I thought there was an additional step to confirm the cash out, which I highly doubt I would have also mistakenly hit.
legendary
Did you use the Cashout feature or anything recently? 

For this last long block (160786), I had a low payout of -26.15% compared to proportional payout.  I submitted 113,862 of the total 8,434,216 shares or 1.4%.  This extremely low payout is odd, because I had nearly 100% up-time (3 of my 12 workers went down for 15 minutes each yesterday, and that's it during the whole 30 hour block).  

Normally, the majority of my payouts compared to proportional fluctuate between -2% to +2%, with the totals always staying positive.

Does anyone have any insight into my problem?  Is Wifi a bad choice for mining rigs?

hardware/software configuration:
6 x 5970s
Wireless N
Phoenix Miner - stale shares 1.5-1.8%%
Linux Coin
Smartcoin

Thanks.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Hmm, I'll switch over to port 9009. But I'm still not sure why the pool speed varying that much?!? Haven't seen that before!

Inaba, you should change the speed in the title! Perhaps a few more come over to this great pool then!

Greetz
NetworkerZ
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
After Hack Now User 5tift
The Long And Winding Round is finally over Cheesy
legendary
I think there may be a couple, actually.  They seem to come and go (obviously).

I also keep meaning to make a page that shows Top miners of the last XX minutes, instead of the whole block.
legendary
Activity: 1876
WOW!! 574.81GHASH!!!

it seams odd that it would go from 570 to 450 and back to 520 without any big miners.   do we have a bot amongst us?
legendary
Activity: 1876
guess we are making up for that good run of blocks.  Stupid variance!

I would have to disagree...  the 'good run of blocks' was to make up for all the multimillion blocks in the last week. 

somebody sacrifice a chicken or somethin
Jump to: