Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 165. (Read 499597 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
I actually see that occasionally in cgminer as well but it seems to be isolated to cgminer as I don't see it in poclbm.  

Once I get a test version of PSJ up and running, I will be interested to see if the problem goes away or remains.  I'm thinking cgminer needs to start the request for work a little earlier - if it's waiting until it's completely out of work before requesting more, I'm not sure that's the best solution.

Omo - I will see what I can do about adding those features today or tomorrow!
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
I seem to be getting MANY get work failures or 'Pool 0 not providing work fast enough' as cgminer puts it. In fact 442 in about 8 hours Shocked
Connected to http://us.eclipsemc.com:9009, but also has problems with the default port.
What's up with that?

Other info: located in California. Had no problems with bitcoins.lc pool. Running at a whopping 150MH/s.
omo
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
I like the statistics of your website, I have 2 suggestions:
1)in the "block stats" page, the totals row, an averaged total shares may be better than summary totals.
2)an average duration time could be insteresting.
legendary
I have locked several account from payouts that are carrying a high balance.  I have no reason to think the accounts were compromised, but better safe than sorry.  Those few individuals that are affected will receive a message on their My Account page with instructions to contact me to remove the lock.  Only those people that did not have payout lock active and were carrying a high balance were flagged. (A total 6 people)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Ad astra.
I think there might be some confusion over payout lock and how it's displayed.  Some people think it's active when it's not.

If you see a link that says "Activate Payout Lock" then it's not active.  Once it's active, that link will be gone forever.  Once you activate payout lock, it can not be deactivated through any method available through the pool.  Right now, the only indication that payout lock is active is the fact that the link is gone. 

I think I will make a more prominent status indicator to show if payout lock is enabled or not.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to make it more clear?

What you just implemented, the green bar, seems quite sufficient to me.
legendary
I think there might be some confusion over payout lock and how it's displayed.  Some people think it's active when it's not.

If you see a link that says "Activate Payout Lock" then it's not active.  Once it's active, that link will be gone forever.  Once you activate payout lock, it can not be deactivated through any method available through the pool.  Right now, the only indication that payout lock is active is the fact that the link is gone. 

I think I will make a more prominent status indicator to show if payout lock is enabled or not.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to make it more clear?
legendary
Activity: 1876
Yeah it had to do with being logged in.  It should be fixed, now.

It is.  Thank you very much.

Grin
legendary
Yeah it had to do with being logged in.  It should be fixed, now.
Ad astra.
Oh sorry, BinaryMage, I meant to answer you:

No, there is no fee charged for the conversion.  It is done at the straight daily average or last trade (whichever is less) of NMC -> BTC with no fees applied.

Awesome! Thanks for clarifying.
legendary
Yep, just finished adding all your requests/bug fixes with the exception the tool tips.  That's going to take a little more time.  Everything else should be set, though.

The my_shares link seems to be working for me, is it still not working for you?

The block found email and sms seems to still be spotty.  I can't quite figure out why it's only isolated to the block found messages... it's very strange.  I will keep investigating.

The my_shares link not working for me, I think it has something to do with logged in or not...

link:
https://eclipsemc.com/graphs/worker_shares_per_block.php?blocknum=224

when I click on this link, i end up at URI: https://eclipsemc.com/graphs/login.php

which is a 404 NOT FOUND
Not Found

The requested URL /graphs/login.php was not found on this server.
legendary
Oh sorry, BinaryMage, I meant to answer you:

No, there is no fee charged for the conversion.  It is done at the straight daily average or last trade (whichever is less) of NMC -> BTC with no fees applied.
Ad astra.
Joined (back after hiatus). Glad to see merged mining. Question: The website states that you charge only a fee for conversion of BTC to PayPal, implying that you do not charge for conversion of NMC to BTC, but the latter is not stated outright, and I wanted to double check. Do you, or do you use an exchange that does, charge a fee for that conversion?

Restating question, seems it might have been missed.  Wink
legendary
Yep, just finished adding all your requests/bug fixes with the exception the tool tips.  That's going to take a little more time.  Everything else should be set, though.

The my_shares link seems to be working for me, is it still not working for you?

The block found email and sms seems to still be spotty.  I can't quite figure out why it's only isolated to the block found messages... it's very strange.  I will keep investigating.
legendary
I see you added a total power used spot..  nice.

Total Power Consumption
14650 W consumed at an average cost of 0.1 per KW/h or ฿8.95 ($35.16) per day.

Also the block solver.  that helps a lot.  and now I don't have to type in the my_found_blocks page Wink

thank you sir.
legendary
Site is up, there doesn't appear to be any problems; People are accessing the site.

Block stats should be fixed.  Looks like the change I made last night caused a bit of a hiccup.  Still working on it today.

the 'my shares' link on the number of shares on the block stat pages are going to a dead page, this was working yesterday.

edit:  found some emails in my spam folder.  the dead workers and the forum email..  but not the block found

legendary
Site is up, there doesn't appear to be any problems; People are accessing the site.

Block stats should be fixed.  Looks like the change I made last night caused a bit of a hiccup.  Still working on it today.
omo
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Round Duration 15329d 17:30:02
sth wrong?
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
Thanks Inaba for the update.

2 things:
1. Block solved email started this morning again for me with block #158481 & #158491. Thank you for working on this.

2. Is the website down? I cannot access it this morning. Although I have a secure and unique password for the site I wanted to change it in response to your post above.

Thanks
legendary
So it looks like we have slight security issue on our hands.

In the interests of full disclosure, two people have notified me that their accounts have been drained, and looking at the audit logs, there is at least two more that this has happened to, but they have not contacted me. 

The breech occurred because of a brute force attack against the forum user database and possibly through other breached databases unrelated to EMC.  The breached accounts appear to have either used insecure passwords AND the passwords used on the forums were the same password used on the pool or used the same passwords from other sites that have been breached.

I want to be very clear on the fact that the pools security has not been compromised.  Your pool accounts appear to be secure, so long as you are using a unique, secure password for your pool account.  If you are using the same password for other sites, including the EMC forums, you should change your pool password immediately. 

The logs don't seem to indicate an exhaustive brute force attack against the forum accounts, which leads me to believe that the account names and/or passwords were obtained elsewhere and likely candidates were tried through both the forums and the pool to find easily accessible accounts.

While we do have a payout lock, in at least on instance, the wallet address was changed and the attacker logged in almost exactly 24 hours later and withdrew the funds.  EMC does everything it can to protect your account, but there are some things EMC can not protect against without making your account unusable.  I suggest that everyone activate payout lock and turn on Email and/or SMS notification for account changes and keep up with your email so that you will be alerted to any potential security threats with enough time to handle the problem. 

Your password should consist of a minimum of 10 characters.  Ideally it is a passphrase consisting of at least 4 words - the more uncommon the words the better.   Of course, using a program like KeePass or LastPass with a randomly generated high-entropy password is also a good solution, as well.  Your password should be unique and not used anywhere else. 

legendary

5.  the block stats page:  I believe some of the long blocks have the wrong percent amount for luck.  a 3020768 share block has red-7% but a 1953012 share block has red-18%

No, that is correct.  It is a percentile.  The 3 million at 7% means that 7% of the blocks will be more than 3020768 shares, whereas for the 1953012 share block, 18% of blocks will have more shares.  A few pages back there was a discussion on how to handle the luck display... I'm open to suggestions, but you might want to read those few posts where we discussed it.

2.  add block finder to the block stats page?
3.  add power in watts to the worker page?

I will definitely see what I can do about turning tool-tips off.  It isn't that hard to code, but kind of tedious. Smiley

Can you elaborate on item 2?

Item 3 - you already can enter power in watts on the Manage Workers page (from the My Workers page, button is in the upper right).  Or do you mean something else?

Thanks for looking into this stuff.  my username is the same as here.  jjiimm_64

I will have to read up on the 'luck' post before commenting on percents...

2 & 3.  Sorry for not being clear.
2.  can we add the user that found the block on the block stats page, I have to go back and forth from the my_found_blocks page to the stats page comparing which blocks I found. Which is what made me notice the different time zones on the timestamp.
3.  Yes I added the power in watts to each of my 14 workers, and that makes the Profitability column work, but it would be nice to see a little more info about Profitability.  One thing I thought of is to see the Total watts used in the Totals, so adding a small column of watts and totalling it would be nice.

thxs again.
Jump to: