Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 166. (Read 499597 times)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Seems like autopayout for BTC is not working. My payout lock is active?!? I don't recall making a manual payout or activating any payout lock..
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
I tried the cash out button but it doesn't seem to be functional. Is that not ready / on purpose or a bug? It takes me to an explanation page but the cash out button there does not work.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Ad astra.
Joined (back after hiatus). Glad to see merged mining. Question: The website states that you charge only a fee for conversion of BTC to PayPal, implying that you do not charge for conversion of NMC to BTC, but the latter is not stated outright, and I wanted to double check. Do you, or do you use an exchange that does, charge a fee for that conversion?
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
Aside from the changes I've been making to some of the graphs and fixing small bugs, I have been working on getting PoolserverJ integrated into our system.  It's proving to be exceptionally difficult, primarily because there are not enough places to hook into the pluggable engine of PoolserverJ to accomodate DGM.  I have sent a PM to Shads, but have yet to hear back from him.  I would really like to avoid modifying the PSJ source directly, but it seems like that may be the direction I am headed if I end up going with PSJ.    It's either that or rewrite the whole DGM codebase completely (along with a number of other parts of the site) - this isn't off the table, but it's something I would like to avoid if possible.
I wonder if it will be easier to do some approximation of DGM with PSJ. I haven't figured out the details but shift-DGM should work, and might be possible depending on what you have to work with.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
I opened another instance of the getwork server on port 9009.  If some of you want to switch over to that port, that would be great.  We aren't having any problems at the moment, but I would like to head off any potential problems before they become an issue. 

So instead of connecting to port 8337, just use port 9009 and maybe set port 8337 as a backup.
legendary
Hello,
  Been at the pool for about 3 days...  working well Smiley

I have a couple of issues, tried to get into the forums, but did not receive email so I cant post.  will list issues here.

bugs:
1.  according to https://eclipsemc.com/my_found_blocks.php  i have solved 2 blocks, but only 'solved 1' is listed on my account page.

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the pool! 

Can you PM me your user name so that I can look into what's going on with that?

2.  BTC Payout History has namecoins and bitcoins mixed in the same table, and same column.  i think it was ment to be same table, but not column

I will get this fixed tomorrow.

3.  the 'block stats' page has a block #222 - #223 as a 00:15:59 minute block, but it appears the actual time is about 32 minutes.

Good catch.  I've corrected the bug going forward.  I need to run a test on fixing the bug with the current block list.  I will do that tomorrow when I have more time.

4.  the my_found_blocks.php page has the solved timestamp in a different timezone then the block stats page.  Can we make them both the same?

Sure, I will try to get that done tomorrow as well.

5.  the block stats page:  I believe some of the long blocks have the wrong percent amount for luck.  a 3020768 share block has red-7% but a 1953012 share block has red-18%

No, that is correct.  It is a percentile.  The 3 million at 7% means that 7% of the blocks will be more than 3020768 shares, whereas for the 1953012 share block, 18% of blocks will have more shares.  A few pages back there was a discussion on how to handle the luck display... I'm open to suggestions, but you might want to read those few posts where we discussed it.

6.  email notification working? (might be the same reason I did not get forum email?)

Some people (myself included) seem to be having problems with block solve notifications (but strangely failed miner/payout/etc... notifications are working) - I will be addressing this issue tomorrow.  The one caveat to this is if you are using a Yahoo address.  Yahoo is such a clusterfuck that it's impossible to get them to fix problems - their mail server is horrible, their technical department is horrible... there is nothing good about Yahoo.  As such, emails to yahoo are typically delayed, usually forever... I'm working with them to get it fixed, but they are almost impossible to deal with.

requests:  (i know we dont have alot of time for enhancements, but asking anyway)
1.  on the account page, is it possible to turn off the tool tips?
2.  add block finder to the block stats page?
3.  add power in watts to the worker page?

I will definitely see what I can do about turning tool-tips off.  It isn't that hard to code, but kind of tedious. Smiley

Can you elaborate on item 2?

Item 3 - you already can enter power in watts on the Manage Workers page (from the My Workers page, button is in the upper right).  Or do you mean something else?

Thanks for a great pool. 
Jim

[/quote]
legendary
Activity: 1876
Hello,
  Been at the pool for about 3 days...  working well Smiley

I have a couple of issues, tried to get into the forums, but did not receive email so I cant post.  will list issues here.

bugs:
1.  according to https://eclipsemc.com/my_found_blocks.php  i have solved 2 blocks, but only 'solved 1' is listed on my account page.
2.  BTC Payout History has namecoins and bitcoins mixed in the same table, and same column.  i think it was ment to be same table, but not column
3.  the 'block stats' page has a block #222 - #223 as a 00:15:59 minute block, but it appears the actual time is about 32 minutes.
4.  the my_found_blocks.php page has the solved timestamp in a different timezone then the block stats page.  Can we make them both the same?
5.  the block stats page:  I believe some of the long blocks have the wrong percent amount for luck.  a 3020768 share block has red-7% but a 1953012 share block has red-18%
6.  email notification working? (might be the same reason I did not get forum email?)

requests:  (i know we dont have alot of time for enhancements, but asking anyway)
1.  on the account page, is it possible to turn off the tool tips?
2.  add block finder to the block stats page?
3.  add power in watts to the worker page?

Thanks for a great pool. 
Jim
legendary
I have made some security changes to both the getwork servers and the webservers.  This should not affect users, but if you notice any strange behavior, please let me know immediately.  

Aside from the changes I've been making to some of the graphs and fixing small bugs, I have been working on getting PoolserverJ integrated into our system.  It's proving to be exceptionally difficult, primarily because there are not enough places to hook into the pluggable engine of PoolserverJ to accomodate DGM.  I have sent a PM to Shads, but have yet to hear back from him.  I would really like to avoid modifying the PSJ source directly, but it seems like that may be the direction I am headed if I end up going with PSJ.    It's either that or rewrite the whole DGM codebase completely (along with a number of other parts of the site) - this isn't off the table, but it's something I would like to avoid if possible.

*EDIT*

Also - I want to be sure that everyone is fully aware of the fact that you should NEVER use your pool password on the forums (or anywhere else for that matter).  Your pool password should be unique and not used anywhere else, even on the EclipseMC forums.  Ideally, you would have a different username on the forums than you would on the pool as well, though that is not so important.

If your pool password is the same as your forum password, please go change your pool password immediately.
legendary
Anyone else having problems?  I have been having an issue personally with the block solve emails (and SMS), but I thought it was just me.  Looking at the logs, it looks like everything is working.  If you want to PM me your email address I can take a look. 

I keep meaning to address the issue for myself, but since it's me, I have been prioritizing other issues (sure wish Shads would login and answer my PM!) - but if it's affecting other people, I will prioritize that higher.
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
Hi are block solved emails not working? I haven't received one in about 48 hours. Miner failed emails have come through fine though.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1022
BitMinter
Faster and faster Grin I like it.
donator
Activity: 289
As for estimated income, I can use that formula, but it will not be very accurate due to DGM, unless you have a very steady hashrate over the course of several days.  It also wouldn't account for any pool hoppers or people coming into and out of the pool.

Do you think this is better?

user's estimated DGM reward for next block * expected number of solved blocks in 24 hours based on yesterday's average pool hash rate?

Edit: Meh, I don't think this really works either, unless the cross-round leakage parameter is 1.
legendary
I've found some browsers don't render it properly.  CSS is the devil... never works right.  It looks proper in a number of browsers I've tried and looks like you show in several others (specially my Xoom browser and on my phone).  I need to redo that box with tables instead of CSS

As for estimated income, I can use that formula, but it will not be very accurate due to DGM, unless you have a very steady hashrate over the course of several days.  It also wouldn't account for any pool hoppers or people coming into and out of the pool.
donator
Wait, why won't this simple formula work?

btc_per_day = 86400.0 * (hash_rate / 2^32) * (50.0 / difficulty)

Of course, it's subject to variance, but maybe the expected BTC per day is what Thiago is looking for? IMO, this would be more useful than seeing what I earned in the previous 24 hours.

Maybe?!?! Where that came from?!?!  LOL

^_^

Smiley

You can break that down as:

num_seconds_per_day = 86400.0
probability_of_a_hash_solving_a_block = 1 / (2^32 * difficulty)
btc_per_block = 50.0

So the expected btc you'll get per day = num_seconds_per_day * hash_rate * probability_of_a_hash_solving_a_block * btc_per_block.
legendary
Activity: 1204
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
I can add income over the past 24 hours with a sliding window... I'm not sure there's any useful way to estimate future income, though, except what's there now.

Of course, it's subject to variance, but maybe the expected BTC per day is what Thiago is looking for? IMO, this would be more useful than seeing what I earned in the previous 24 hours.

Maybe?!?! Where that came from?!?!  LOL

^_^
legendary
Inaba,

The last line of "Quick Statistics" is out of its table, look:

http://i.imgur.com/W3vV2.png

Cheers,
Thiago
donator
I can add income over the past 24 hours with a sliding window... I'm not sure there's any useful way to estimate future income, though, except what's there now.

legendary
I'm in!!! Just pointed all my rigs to this pool, looking forward to finding some blocks for all of us. I just pointed about 2.8 GH/s and will be doubling that within a few weeks.

WELCOME!!  :-D
legendary
Excellent!  Glad to have you aboard!
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
I'm in!!! Just pointed all my rigs to this pool, looking forward to finding some blocks for all of us. I just pointed about 2.8 GH/s and will be doubling that within a few weeks.
Jump to: