Pages:
Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 29. (Read 499584 times)

Activity: 360
Merit: 250
They are still there. I can initiate a withdrawal of them if you want.

Perfect, thanks. I will send you a PM.

Hi Inaba,

I've sent you a pm in this forum and an email nearly 3 weeks ago. I also didn't receive any response from my reminder.
Would be nice to see my NMC's again ;-)

BTC-engineer

I just wanted to point out that I still didn't received my NMC's back from Inaba, nor any other feedback from him.
I first requested them on 23 January 2013, one day after Inaba offered to withdrawal them.

Still hoping to get them...

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I've been trying to figure out how to use stratum on this pool. My understand was that instead of using the proxy.exe you were just putting "stratum+tcp://us1.eclipsemc.com:8333" in the config file. However that does not seem to be working, what am I missing?
  • Whether you need/want the proxy or not depends on your environment (mining software and number of rigs), not the pool.
  • Port 8333 is bitcoin p2p, not for mining. Stratum uses port 3333 or 3334 usually.

I'm only running 25/gh atm. I have 24 singles ordered though, so I want everything ready to go when I get them. It seems to be worth the performance increase anyway. Thanks for the help.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Yes, use Port 3333 if you want to use Stratum.  You don't need to do stratum+tcp... just do the normal http://us1.eclipsemc.com:3333  ... although you CAN use stratum+tcp if you want.
Stratum isn't HTTP, so if http:// works, it's only because the software is self-correcting the mistake Wink
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Yes, use Port 3333 if you want to use Stratum.  You don't need to do stratum+tcp... just do the normal http://us1.eclipsemc.com:3333  ... although you CAN use stratum+tcp if you want.

GBT and GW port is 8337
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I've been trying to figure out how to use stratum on this pool. My understand was that instead of using the proxy.exe you were just putting "stratum+tcp://us1.eclipsemc.com:8333" in the config file. However that does not seem to be working, what am I missing?
  • Whether you need/want the proxy or not depends on your environment (mining software and number of rigs), not the pool.
  • Port 8333 is bitcoin p2p, not for mining. Stratum uses port 3333 or 3334 usually.
Activity: 518
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Hey Josh,

This had probably been asked before, but will EMC be ready for the wave of ASIC? I assume you'd get a ton more traffic with all the shares being submitted. Was just hoping once I get my new tech, I'd have a pool I could start mining with.
Pretty much every pool except for deepbit is ready for ASIC hashrates.
I've spent the past few days scouring thru this thread, and only like half of them seem to be ASIC ready. I consider ASIC ready to be Stratum and VarrDiff, but I'll accept GBT and manually adjusted diff, if you must. Now you would know more about what goes into making a stable pool ASIC ready than I would, but I'm just looking for who has the features I want. Either way, I only found about 5-6 pools that I considered to be top notch, and EMC was in that list.
Although it is not ideal, any pool that does any of the 3 below is ASIC ready:
1) Stratum with VarDiff <- ideal
2) BGT with VarDiff <- works
3) Getwork with roll-n-time and VarDiff <- (n-time issue - but works also)

In cgminer, getwork with roll-n-time and VarDiff can support up to about 1TH/s with a GetWork call every 30 seconds.
The problem with that is that the time of the block gets further and further into the future - up to ~1hr 16min - average ~58min (Eligius used to do this regularly)
Now if most people were using this, the network would start rejecting, on occasion, valid blocks with the correct time - so yeah it's not ideal at all.
But someone with, say, only 100GH/s would only ever create a block a maximum of about ~12min in the future (average ~6min) so it wouldn't be 'as problematic'

Though, IMO, not trying to keep the time correct in the block header is a bad idea from the start Tongue
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
I've spent the past few days scouring thru this thread, and only like half of them seem to be ASIC ready. I consider ASIC ready to be Stratum and VarrDiff, but I'll accept GBT and manually adjusted diff, if you must. Now you would know more about what goes into making a stable pool ASIC ready than I would, but I'm just looking for who has the features I want. Either way, I only found about 5-6 pools that I considered to be top notch, and EMC was in that list.
Indeed you're right, stratum alone is not enough, as higher diffs are required, but I tend to only think of 5-6 pools as being significant and perhaps I was just looking for an opportunity to point out that deepbit was not one of them.
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
I moved over to MtRed (stratum) the stability vs EMC is stunning.
legendary
Activity: 952
Hey Josh,

This had probably been asked before, but will EMC be ready for the wave of ASIC? I assume you'd get a ton more traffic with all the shares being submitted. Was just hoping once I get my new tech, I'd have a pool I could start mining with.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
Hey Josh,

Yes, EMC was the first ASIC ready pool.
Awesome, thanks for the good news! Smiley
legendary
Yes, EMC was the first ASIC ready pool.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Hey Josh,

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
Hey Josh,

legendary
I will get the QR code issue resolved here ASAP.  Thanks for pointing it out!  I wonder how long it's been broken and no one has mentioned it!

Activity: 148
Merit: 100
Crazy!
Hello,
On the Google Auth page, the QR code token is broken. Sill able to use the written token, but not fine to type!
legendary
The new US1 is installed and I just switched the DNS over.  Please report any errors with US1, but it's the fastest US based server. US2 should not have any more LP problems either.  With all 3 US servers operational now, I am going to start looking at getting the Euro server back up and then the PACRIM server.  Long time coming, but it's coming.

legendary
I just tried it, it seems to be working fine.  You have to have data in the watt field and the KW/h field.  If either of them are 0, then by default you won't get an accurate reading, since without knowing those two variables, it can't calculate your power cost.
Activity: 784
I think the calculation of power consumption in the worker Page is Not working.
I added power to One of my workers but it won't calculate this.

I'll post a pic later to show what I see here.

Or is it that every worker needs to have sometging placed in that field?
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
Epoc:  Right now, US1 and US2 are pointing to the same server, there's about 11k LPs going out at once when a new block hits.  Try switching to US3 and see if that solves the problem.  I will be dropping a new US1 in the DC probably Monday (maybe this weekend), and then moving traffic back to it, which should alleviate the US2 issue.

I'll give US3 a shot, thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: