Pages:
Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 5. (Read 499491 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Ouch! All four servers overloaded according to the home page.
Activity: 563
Merit: 500
Looks good.  Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Ok, that issue should be fixed now, as well.
Yep, both SMS and e-mail arrived five minutes after stopping cgminer.

One minor point: both messages say "last activity was at 2014-02-27 19:33:21".  There seems to be a bug here in that 19:33 actually seems to be the time at which the alert was triggered.  The last activity would have been around five minutes earlier than that.

roy
legendary
Ok, alerts should work as expected for you now, Roy... if you want to try it out and see and let me know at your leisure.

Cool, thanks Josh.  At some point I will probably look at implementing my own alerting - but would still be nice to get to the bottom of what's going on here.
legendary
I think I found the problem Roy... let me work on fixing it and I'll report back when to try it again.
Right.  cgminer has been stopped for 12 minutes.  Dashboard says last share 12 minutes ago.  No e-mail or SMS received yet.

My hash rate is pretty low at the moment so I'm relaxed about leaving it down for a little while.  If you get a chance, can you check the status again?

Thanks

roy

ETA: Last share now 33 minutes ago, and still no notification.  I'm going to start mining again, but I'd love to redo this test at a mutually convenient time, so you can have a poke around when I'm in this state of being down, and dashboard clearly knowing I'm down, but the alerting system not noticing.

Right.  Interesting thing is that the dashboard activity indication is always correct, which does kind of demolish my time zone theory.

Lemme try it again.

legendary
Hi Roy,

I remember testing your account now.  The status of it still hasn't changed - if your account stops sending activity, the system will alert in the appropriate time, in your case being 5 minutes.  Looking in the email logs, I do see the email you're referring to being sent (and you confirmed receipt) - but there is no other email sent recently, which would explain why you've not received any emails.

Time zone really doesn't play a factor, as all user activity is updated by the same server, regardless of the originating server's location and timezone, and it is based on UTC. 

If you want to test it, stop all your miners for > 5 minutes, and watch your account in your dashboard.  When it says last share received is > 5 minutes, you should get an alert shortly after that.
Interesting theory, Roy... however, the way shares are handled wouldn't allow disparate times to be entered into the DB.  Each share server is it's own independent entity and has no relation to the master database, so if the wrong time were on the share server, it wouldn't affect the alert server at all.

However, can you test a different server, either US1, US2 or US3 and see if your problem clears up. 

Yes, I intend to test that.  I'll also try changing my timezone (what's the default?)

Also, what is your pool name and I can look in the mail log and see if anything is being rejected?

Pool name is roybadami - my shares are certainly getting counted, as the payout is pretty much exactly what I expect based on my hash rate.

roy
legendary
Interesting theory, Roy... however, the way shares are handled wouldn't allow disparate times to be entered into the DB.  Each share server is it's own independent entity and has no relation to the master database, so if the wrong time were on the share server, it wouldn't affect the alert server at all. 

However, can you test a different server, either US1, US2 or US3 and see if your problem clears up. 

Also, what is your pool name and I can look in the mail log and see if anything is being rejected?

@Inaba

Hi Josh, you may recall that many moons ago I complained that miner failure notifications weren't working for me (EMC username roybadami) and you took a look and couldn't see anything wrong (and even triggered an alert by simulating failure of the roybadami_test worker).

Well, I'm still having problems with this and I think I have some more useful information that might point to what's going wrong.

Late on Sunday evening (London time) I shut down my miners, and I didn't get any notification (which didn't surprise me - I usually don't).  However some time during the night (apparently at 04:39 London time), I got a text message saying failed miner, last activity at 04:39.  And then at 05:54 I received an email alert that also claimed last activity at 04:39 Europe/London.

However I *know* that there wasn't any mining activity anywhere near 4:39am London time, as cgminer wasn't even running over night.  So this points to a timezone issue, I think.  Somehow my share submissions are getting timestamped in your db many hours into the future, so the activity alert only fires if I'm offline for many hours.  Could it be that eu.eclipsemc.com is recording last activity in an unexpected timezone, which is confusing the alerting system maybe?  I have a suspicion that the problems _might_ have started when I started using the eu server.

Thanks

roy

ETA: Alerts certainly used to work for me when I first started using EMC.  Plausible things that have changed between then and now are.... (very probably) starting to use eu.eclipsemc.com, and (quite possibly, but not sure) changing my timezone in my EMC settings from the default to Europe/London.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Eclipsemc just added to my altcoins and mining pools database
Good luck, guys.
legendary
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Hi, really love this pool!  Smiley

Just one question -- the "PPS Rate" shown in the "More Stats" popup ... is that before or after subtracting the 5% pool fee?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Web interface is reporting no shares last couple of hours for me while my rig is still happily mining away on us1.

EDIT: Working now.
Activity: 981
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
I'm not sure I got paid correctly on the 27th. I'm not complaining about it per se but you might want to look into your payout code.

I seemingly got double paid. If there isn't a mistake I will happily keep it but its possible more then myself had this happen.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Had some strangeness show for my workers.
One now says no shares for 4 days but had (lotsa) shares yesterday.
I guess there was some web issue?
OK Ignore that - I clearly am unable to keep track of my own workers and which ones are doing what Smiley
legendary
I have tried to catch up with all of the GA & password reset requests today.  There are inevitably some I have missed (Why do people want to send me 12 page dissertations when sending password reset requests?  The world may never know...)  ...

If I have missed your request, please send it again to [email protected].  Please be as brief and succicnt as possible, in addition to including the necessary information, which is basically email address and account name.  Requests must come from the email address associated with the account, other requests will be ignored.  If you do not have an email address associated with your account, you need to create a new one as your account is not recoverable.

Pages:
Jump to: