Pages:
Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 8. (Read 499491 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Where'd the typo?  Looks right to me! Smiley

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Your 404 page has a typo  Cheesy:
"No, this is not the page you are looking, this is Dog."
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
Yep, seems to be back up now. Thanks Smiley
legendary
That was very strange... it was up and working fine when I checked it... but it was crashed just now.  I've restarted everything, it should be good to go now.  Sorry about that.  I will investigate what might have happened... another first.
legendary
This is not OK.
Still showing red on the website. I haven't switch pools back yet though, so can't say if it's working now.

EDIT: An hour later, cgminer is still telling me the pool is dead.
legendary
EU is up and accepting shares.  There are about 500 miners connected right now.
legendary
This is not OK.
EU server just went down.
Heard all my miners' fans spin down and the site is showing a red bar for the eu staus.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
tried to sign in, didnt work.

Now all the site says is "ups! you are blocked!" no matter what I do.

I even tried registering again....
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Hmmm maby PPS Rate: 0.00000003 /sh should be couple of digits longer... at least 3 or 4 more..
legendary
Much like Vardiff and a number of other features, EMC was the first pool to implement 2FA and GA wasn't very popular at the time.  HOTP was chosen because there was no standard and the fact that you don't have to have your phone with you all the time to use HOTP, I find it to be superior (write down a few codes and keep them with you, no electronic device required to use OTP) to TOTP.  Seems TOTP has become the standard, but it's still annoying as well compared to HOTP. 

At any rate, I'll probably change it in the future, but it's not high on the priority list.

I responded to your email.
Activity: 42
What wallet address is that?  A lot of people use it... is it a mixer address or something?  There's like 11 accounts that use that same wallet address.

In any event, without your account name I can't look up what IP accessed the site.

Please activate payout lock in addition to 2FA. That would have prevented this as well.

I agree. 2FA would've prevented this. My issue with your 2FA is that it's not TOTP. Is there any reason why you're using HOTP over TOTP? Authy (the app I use) only supports TOTP Google 2FA. I guess I could've used Google's Authenticator app but it's unsecured on phones, and I prefer Authy far more. Obviously after this incident I've gone ahead and secured my account that way as well as using a stronger password.

If I PM you my user name would that work for you to look up the login history?

Edit: I've emailed [email protected] with account details.

Edit 2: FML. I should've read about payout lock more. I thought it was locking payouts to the same address forever like BTC Guild. Ugh. This REALLY would've saved me. Done. I guess the worst part of all this is that I'm SUPER paranoid about all my other accounts even if they have stronger passwords and 2FA enabled.
legendary
What wallet address is that?  A lot of people use it... is it a mixer address or something?  There's like 11 accounts that use that same wallet address.

In any event, without your account name I can't look up what IP accessed the site.

Please activate payout lock in addition to 2FA. That would have prevented this as well.
Activity: 42
I just got hacked today I think and the funds got transferred to this address: 1N3FKzwoT5nZmZrotrnTQkEyBJczyiLiEF

I know there's no hope in getting the funds back (thankfully it's just some mining income in the past week or so which isn't amazing given today's difficulty), but is there someone at Eclipse that can investigate for me and let me know what the IP who breached my account was?

I got an email notification at 7:25pm PST that my account info got changed (payout address) and the payout was initiated almost immediately.

I logged in a few minutes afterwards (during my Thanksgiving dinner) to investigate but it was too late.

The irony is I spent the last 2 weeks securing most of my sites with secure passwords and 2FA where applicable, but this is where I dropped the ball and did not touch Eclipse.
Activity: 10
Problem is solved.
@inaba thank you very much.
2FA removal requests usually take up to a month or more before they are acted on, due to the nature of 2FA.  Please be sure to back up your 2FA seeds!  The whole point of 2FA is to prevent unauthorized access.  If it can be removed easily, then it's useless.

I dont have backup 2FA seeds! what is 2FA seeds and how do I know it will be necessary?
I know my user name, pass and send request from registered email. I guess that's enough?
legendary
2FA removal requests usually take up to a month or more before they are acted on, due to the nature of 2FA.  Please be sure to back up your 2FA seeds!  The whole point of 2FA is to prevent unauthorized access.  If it can be removed easily, then it's useless.

waiting for any response...  I wrote to eclipse support a few times but no answer. I just want to access my account and transfer funds.
I have a problem. my android os is crashed and i accident swipe google authenticator app.
could you please temporarily allow the log without otp key?
legendary
All share display areas in the UI should now report diff1 shares, as opposed to the mixed message EMC was sending before, when some places were showing actual shares and some were showing diff1 shares.  If there's a place that is not showing diff1 shares that is not explicitly labeled as actual shares, let me know and I will get it fixed.

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

Support the discouraging of address re-use.

The exchange rate value of everyone's Bitcoins depends on killing the lists. Including you, me, Inaba (the swine that he is), and everyone mining, pooled, decentrally or solo.

Inaba (the swine that you are), please consider using the address re-use de-prioritising mining node. This will be a step along the way to preventing the public blockchain record from being used against us to devalue our Bitcoins.

Everyone at Eclipse Mining Company should familiarise themselves with the forthcoming HD wallets feature, keychains. You can create as many keychains as you wish, just like single addresses. This will let you lock reward payments to a sequence of crytographically determined keychain addresses instead of one address. It is a superior alternative to locking to a static address, you can gain more privacy with the same level of security.

HD wallets will likely be available in the 0.9 Bitcoin client.

Support the discouraging of address re-use.
Pages:
Jump to: