Pages:
Author

Topic: 140,000 votes on Dropbox website and counting! bitcoin adoption imminent? (Read 43063 times)

Activity: 366
Merit: 258
Been using dropbox for awhile. Well, after this news I started looking for an alternative. My business partner found Bittorrent Sync. Been trying it out. So far = awesome!!! I'm cancelling dropbox right now. I hope they ask why so I can tell them they suck.

Bump for bittorrent sync. I've been very happy with it as well.

It's not cloud storage but as long as you keep one of your computers running, it does exactly the same thing as dropbox only...

- its free
- its faster
- it allows more control over syncing
- it allows for the use of secure keys for sharing files 

There's also a potentially significant security benefit to Bittorrent Sync, because you're the only one with a copy of the files.  That's a big deal if you don't like the NSA requisitioning dropbox for your data.  There's a caveat though, in that its not open source yet. Such as it is, we're still encrypting sensitive data before it gets synced, but BTsync is a big step in the right direction.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
"we listen to what you, the customers, want. that is unless what you want is not in line with what WE want."

oh well, they've never seen a dollar from me.. and i have 8GB free from them.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
I AM A DRAGON
aww i cant vote.. they took down votebox
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Further to this thread we are launching our new unlimited backup and storage service called 'DataShell Backup' to the Bitcoin community. This service can only be purchased with bitcoin.

We provide software for Windows, MacOS, Android, iPhone & iPad.

For the launch we are running a promotion where the first five users to request trial copies in the main thread will get one month's free trial of the software. We are running this offer on the agreement recipients will write a short honest review to the comity sharing their experiences of DataShell. This offer is only open to users with three coins under your username (Full Member) or higher. We love all the community equally, but we also want to make sure the trial accounts go to seasoned users who are likely to comment back to the forum!

DataShell Backup costs 0.30BTC a year. Please email [email protected] to place an order.

And yes: it really is unlimited – you can store as much data as you want.

Please visit the main thread for more info.

We've just extended our offering so you can now purchase a one year license for 40LTC, we'll be reviewing our price point in about four weeks so this is a limited offer. Please email [email protected] to place an order.
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012
Activity: 18
Been using dropbox for awhile. Well, after this news I started looking for an alternative. My business partner found Bittorrent Sync. Been trying it out. So far = awesome!!! I'm cancelling dropbox right now. I hope they ask why so I can tell them they suck.
Activity: 39
Further to this thread we are launching our new unlimited backup and storage service called 'DataShell Backup' to the Bitcoin community. This service can only be purchased with bitcoin.

We provide software for Windows, MacOS, Android, iPhone & iPad.

For the launch we are running a promotion where the first five users to request trial copies in the main thread will get one month's free trial of the software. We are running this offer on the agreement recipients will write a short honest review to the comity sharing their experiences of DataShell. This offer is only open to users with three coins under your username (Full Member) or higher. We love all the community equally, but we also want to make sure the trial accounts go to seasoned users who are likely to comment back to the forum!

DataShell Backup costs 0.30BTC a year. Please email [email protected] to place an order.

And yes: it really is unlimited – you can store as much data as you want.

Please visit the main thread for more info.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
Wow.

1. Bitcoin becomes the most voted-for request of all time
2. Dropbox disables voting

It's like real-world politics!

agree. the result of that vote was "not correct" in their view, lets vote agian they think  Cheesy
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
You guys really need to check out copy.com (see my link in my sig.)

Copy is owned by barracuda networks and for whatever reason, they are building a customer base strictly by word of mouth.

The great news is your free account gets 15GB, sign up through a ref link, you get +5 GB and you get an additional +5 GB for each referral you make and there is no referral cap.

This post was originally about Dropbox accepting bitcoins.  I did send in a support ticket to Copy about accepting Bitcoins, the tech person liked the idea but, of course, had to forward it along to accounting.

That doesn't mean anything but if enough people request bitcoin payments, I think we may have a chance with copy.  I've really been happy with their services.  They seem like a DB clone in all ways, except that they offer more free space.

Give them a try and if you like them, let's see if we can get them to accept bitcoins!
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I am very disappointed of Dropbox that they removed Votebox as the Bitcoin request came on the 1. place.

What about http://www.opendrive.com ?
They have very good reviews.
They give for 10 $/mo 500Gb, 2 user acc, Webdav in a customized acc.  (13$ unlimited space for 1 acc)
Dropbox gives for the same money(10$) 100 Gb, 1 user acc and NO Webdav, other features like security, share options and easy use are similar.
As I see payed features are much better by Opendrive but free acc is better by Dropbox.
Let us ask Opendrive to accept Bitcoins as payment and if they accept then move there.

Perhaps another competitor will accept bitcoin and put dropbox out of business as bitcoin usage grows.

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
I am very disappointed of Dropbox that they removed Votebox as the Bitcoin request came on the 1. place.

What about http://www.opendrive.com ?
They have very good reviews.
They give for 10 $/mo 500Gb, 2 user acc, Webdav in a customized acc.  (13$ unlimited space for 1 acc)
Dropbox gives for the same money(10$) 100 Gb, 1 user acc and NO Webdav, other features like security, share options and easy use are similar.
As I see payed features are much better by Opendrive but free acc is better by Dropbox.
Let us ask Opendrive to accept Bitcoins as payment and if they accept then move there.
Activity: 50
I would be more than happy is Bitcoin is more widely used. But I have no plan in paying something to Dropbox, perhaps another alternative?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
There must be someone trying to fill the demand.  Would be nice:

1.  Pay with Bitcoin
2.  Client-side encryption
3.  Same local-copy / server-copy file system that Dropbox uses
4.  iOS / Android apps

what about mega? they're missing #3 though :<

mega or any other shares like mega! *debrid
legendary
Activity: 1764

1.  Pay with Bitcoin
4.  iOS / Android apps

what about mega? they're missing #3 though :<
Activity: 784
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Wow.

1. Bitcoin becomes the most voted-for request of all time
2. Dropbox disables voting

It's like real-world politics!
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

1.  Pay with Bitcoin
4.  iOS / Android apps

Activity: 812
I <3 VW Beetles
They disabled that vote box, pricks.
I am not planning to pay for DB, it is quite shit and filled with ads.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
There isn't anyone left that really believes this is going to happen, right?
Quoted to have a good laugh if when it's there.

It will be at least several more months from now, or even several years if the folks at Dropbox are really stupid. But it's going to happen. ← Feel free to quote this too.

Sure and I really believe Dropbox is going to start Audiogalaxy back up any day now.

Oh, I believe in Leprechauns too. lol

That wasn't predictable at all. rofl
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
That's F-ing bull!
Mark my words, I will never pay for dropbox.
Anyone know of a cloud-host that accepts bitcoin? Because dropbox just became myspace.
Pages:
Jump to: