Pages:
Author

Topic: 140,000 votes on Dropbox website and counting! bitcoin adoption imminent? - page 3. (Read 43063 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
now hopeing its done and happen soon
Activity: 109
Bitcoin Foundation Member
Activity: 288
Merit: 251
There isn't anyone left that really believes this is going to happen, right?
Quoted to have a good laugh if when it's there.

It will be at least several more months from now, or even several years if the folks at Dropbox are really stupid. But it's going to happen. ← Feel free to quote this too.
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012
123496 votes.. Most popular in billing section now Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

Now I think its a game to see how high it will get, someone reading the list that hasn't heard of Bitcoin will be like, "what is this everyone wants?"

I'm finding it more difficult now to find people that haven't heard about Bitcoin because of all the mainstream media stories in the last year. I'm also finding it more difficult to find anyone willing to try Bitcoin because of all the mainstream media stories in the last year. The small group of people I know that are willing to try it now are the radical ones that would eat a steaming dog turd if you told them it would eliminate the government.
Activity: 811
Merit: 1000
Web Developer

Now I think its a game to see how high it will get, someone reading the list that hasn't heard of Bitcoin will be like, "what is this everyone wants?"
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)

Meh they may be ignoring it but it's a sore thumb that sticks out and will make people look Smiley

Then again maybe they are just waiting on NSA approval
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jun/06/us-tech-giants-nsa-data

"The NSA document indicates that it is planning to add Dropbox as a PRISM provider. The agency also seeks, in its words, to "expand collection services from existing providers."
Activity: 84
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Activity: 824
Merit: 712
Reoccuring payments are easier/more reliable with other payment protocols.  Bitcoin is great for payments initiated on the buyer-side, but not so great for seller-side initiated payments which are fundamental to subscription services.  We're making progress, but its not there yet.

Good point. They would almost need access to our wallet to process the transaction.

Subscriptions should not be a requirement for using a service, they are supposed to be convenient for the BUYER.  If I don't pay my electric bill, they turn it off, Dropbox could do the same until I pay up.

It's tough to "turn off" data storage.  How long should they keep the data before deleting it?  What happens if I forget to manually pay the bill and lose something really important?

Having automatic payments setup for the services I subscribe to IS convenient for the buyer....no?

Recurring payments in general are convenient for the buyer but "pulling" the money is mostly convenient for the seller. Recurring payments for services no longer used accounts for a large portion of any subscription based services revenue.  People forget to turn off the billing when they stop using a service.

Buyers can set up recurring payments through Bill Pay at their bank just as easily to "push" money to services they use.  Perhaps there is, or should be, a similar Bitcoin service to send payments to an address periodically.

As far as how long they should keep your data, that should be laid out in the terms of service.  If you don't pay and lose your data, that's on you.  This could happen anyway if your credit card is declined for some reason.
Activity: 366
Merit: 258
Reoccuring payments are easier/more reliable with other payment protocols.  Bitcoin is great for payments initiated on the buyer-side, but not so great for seller-side initiated payments which are fundamental to subscription services.  We're making progress, but its not there yet.

Good point. They would almost need access to our wallet to process the transaction.

Subscriptions should not be a requirement for using a service, they are supposed to be convenient for the BUYER.  If I don't pay my electric bill, they turn it off, Dropbox could do the same until I pay up.

It's tough to "turn off" data storage.  How long should they keep the data before deleting it?  What happens if I forget to manually pay the bill and lose something really important?

Having automatic payments setup for the services I subscribe to IS convenient for the buyer....no?
Activity: 824
Merit: 712

legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

Activity: 366
Merit: 258
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
This thing is still going on? Ha ha.

Yes.  Clearly Dropbox doesn't give a shit about us.

That's how it seems.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

Yes.  Clearly Dropbox doesn't give a shit about us.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
R.I.P Silk Road 1.0
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Sweet! Just voted... even though I don't pay for my Dropbox (and would never put anything important on it).
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3 days until I have more votes!
Pages:
Jump to: