Pages:
Author

Topic: 140,000 votes on Dropbox website and counting! bitcoin adoption imminent? - page 10. (Read 43063 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
Dropbox has this feature that lets you vote on their website for changes you want to see happen. Accepting bitcoin is about to make the all time most popular request page and already has 29,000 50,000 upvotes. Its worth mentioning that the other most popular request took 4 years to get there where as bitcoin has done it in less than a week (thanks reddit) Do you think it's likely dropbox adopts it (as theyve done to many popular request)? and if so, what do you think the effect on bitcoin price and economy will be?

https://www.dropbox.com/votebox/6425/buy-storage-with-bitcoin-e-currency

EDIT: now 51,000
EDIT: now 100,000

I've not used dropbox, but will check it out.  Let's get them some more votes.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
adoption not imminent. It's also the lowest comment count item for anything above 40k votes. Considering each person has 6 votes, that's only 18k voters. Most vote just to try to push price of their investment up. Assuming they even get 5% of those people as new customers because of the change, that's still only $100k for the next year. Not worth it at this point.

2 days of programmer time isn't worth $100k?

I think there's more to risk thank 2 days of programmer time.

I think the moon is made of cheese.

See, I can make statements without any backing too.

What kind of risks are you talking about?  I'm not sure I agree there's $100k in it for them, but if there is they would be stupid to ignore it.  There is no technical or economical reason to not do it even for $1000.
Activity: 249
Merit: 256
Try Purse Instant! https://purse.io/instant
adoption not imminent. It's also the lowest comment count item for anything above 40k votes. Considering each person has 6 votes, that's only 18k voters. Most vote just to try to push price of their investment up. Assuming they even get 5% of those people as new customers because of the change, that's still only $100k for the next year. Not worth it at this point.

I think there's more to risk thank 2 days of programmer time.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Great work DavidBal. They must cave in soon!
Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
Guys, After the poll, let's also reply to this topic:

https://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=100353

Let Dropbox know!

bumped.

There is no "after poll"
legendary

not even 2 days, just a phone call to bitpay

I was being generous, but yeah.... bitpay is stupid simple to work with.  I've coded for paypal, google wallet, dwolla, and a few small CC processing companies.  Bitpay covers all the bases from tight custom integration to simple click to buy buttons far better than any other single entity.  Dropbox would probably want tight integration with their existing accounting systems though so it may require a little custom code.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Always riding the Bull...

not even 2 days, just a phone call to bitpay
legendary

donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1078
I just registered my vote. I don't use dropbox much, or would pay for an upgrade but I'd definitely like to see more online businesses like them accept bitcoin.
Activity: 249
Merit: 256
Try Purse Instant! https://purse.io/instant
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
Wow, I can remember when this was struggling to get votes, now look at it.

It's really really high in the list, hopefully bitcoin will be implemented by the end of the week (wishful thinking?).
vqp
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Activity: 348
I'm pretty sure every single issue that is voted on on the dropbox site is gamed the same way, so it's not really a point against bitcoin.
Activity: 476
The first is by definition not flawed.

Your estimation seems correct, yet one thing I don't understand is this:
About 2 accounts per user that voted

Do you assume everyone has multiple accounts? I think most of them actually only have one.
Also some people might have forgotten about the 6 votes, making an average of 5 votes per user more logical.

Yep... why the hell would you want 2 different dropbox accounts?  You can restrict syncing to certain folders if you don't want to sync everything on every device.

I have been over pessemistic on purpous so one comes out of my little argument with *its actually better than that* attitude.
I personally do not have 2 different accounts and I know noone that does. I just felt like pointing out that the people at dropbox
are very well aware that they are being gamed.
I bet the first thing they did was check if it was 4chan's army at work....
Activity: 462
Guys, After the poll, let's also reply to this topic:

https://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=100353

Let Dropbox know!
FNG
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Activity: 462
106134, Allmost third in position!
Activity: 135
I voted +6 about 4 weeks ago and today I logged in and found out I had received 6 more votes. +12
legendary
100000/6=16.666,66
Given that really only one in 20 Might actually pay....

You think that they will even consider calling a lawyer
to figure out the legal for "mear" 420 new paying customers?

Since it make good press.... I think they will

Do you assume everyone has multiple accounts? I think most of them actually only have one.
Also some people might have forgotten about the 6 votes, making an average of 5 votes per user more logical.

Yep... why the hell would you want 2 different dropbox accounts?  You can restrict syncing to certain folders if you don't want to sync everything on every device.
Activity: 193
Always riding the Bull...
100000/6=16.666,66
Given that really only one in 20 Might actually pay....

You think that they will even consider calling a lawyer
to figure out the legal for "mear" 420 new paying customers?

Since it make good press.... I think they will

Agree. Plus residual..
Pages:
Jump to: