Pages:
Author

Topic: 140,000 votes on Dropbox website and counting! bitcoin adoption imminent? - page 11. (Read 43063 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
100000/6=16.666,66
About 2 accounts per user that voted
Given that really only one in 20 Might actually pay....

You think that they will even consider calling a lawyer
to figure out the legal for "mear" 420 new paying customers?

Since it make good press.... I think they will

Your estimation seems correct, yet one thing I don't understand is this:

Do you assume everyone has multiple accounts? I think most of them actually only have one.
Also some people might have forgotten about the 6 votes, making an average of 5 votes per user more logical.
Activity: 476
The first is by definition not flawed.
100000/6=16.666,66
Given that really only one in 20 Might actually pay....

You think that they will even consider calling a lawyer
to figure out the legal for "mear" 420 new paying customers?

Since it make good press.... I think they will
17566 More votes to go to become third in position!

GOGOGO Vote!
Activity: 532
Merit: 261
­バカ
wow that was fast!! I really hope they start accepting btc
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Empty vessels make most noise.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
If I wanted to manipulate the price, looking for feature requests on products like Dropbox and then promoting them in Bitcoin communities/forums would be a good way to go about it... Wink
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Crazy support. Grats on 100k guys!
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
100,000 soon, no reason for drop box to ignore anymore.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
I seriously wonder how dropbox will react. They can't possibly ignore this vote Smiley.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Activity: 445
Merit: 251
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
I don't think imminent, but very possible. Let's hope!
Activity: 224
If I understand correctly they could accomplish this rather easily if they wanted, just have bitpay handle the btc transactions and hand dropbox the fiat $$$. Everyone is happy?

I don't see this as a real long-term solution. The better option would be to accept Bitcoins as they are.

It's a good compromise, but nothing more.

From a business perspective I see this as a low risk way to get to the native acceptance. Yes they could probably do their own e-commerce thing to accept it, but I would be willing to be the investment to do that is much much higher then adding another 'merchant account' to the existing solution.

Then later on one can evaluate if it makes business sense to remove that merchant and go 'native'.

I agree with you on this. What I am afraid of is that if Bitpay fails down the road they would take a lot of confidence of the bitcoin with them in the grave. We need more native acceptance in the long run, a single point of failure is never a good idea.
Activity: 194
If I understand correctly they could accomplish this rather easily if they wanted, just have bitpay handle the btc transactions and hand dropbox the fiat $$$. Everyone is happy?

I don't see this as a real long-term solution. The better option would be to accept Bitcoins as they are.

It's a good compromise, but nothing more.

From a business perspective I see this as a low risk way to get to the native acceptance. Yes they could probably do their own e-commerce thing to accept it, but I would be willing to be the investment to do that is much much higher then adding another 'merchant account' to the existing solution.

Then later on one can evaluate if it makes business sense to remove that merchant and go 'native'.

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Hate to say this but just because a bunch of people vote for it doesn't mean they will begin to accept bitcoin. It might not make financial sense for them to do so right now.

Doesn't make financial sense?  It would be incredibly easy to add a BitPay or Coinbase option.

I'm surprised most sites don't do this.
Activity: 255
Hate to say this but just because a bunch of people vote for it doesn't mean they will begin to accept bitcoin. It might not make financial sense for them to do so right now.

This is too ridiculous. Too many people are considering paying with their coins for that. It would also provide a lot of hype for Dropbox in a time where they are facing a lot of other businesses offering the same thing.
Pages:
Jump to: