Pages:
Author

Topic: 140,000 votes on Dropbox website and counting! bitcoin adoption imminent? - page 12. (Read 43063 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Hate to say this but just because a bunch of people vote for it doesn't mean they will begin to accept bitcoin. It might not make financial sense for them to do so right now.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
All others are from 2009 and could be voted multiple times for.
The Bitcoin vote is like a rocket, keep it fueled ^^
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Activity: 255
4th most popular dropbox vote of all time!  Grin
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
If Dropbox chooses their own implementation of Bitcoin acceptance:

Quote from: Dropbox
Dear Dropbox user,

Your 100 GB Pro plan is about to expire. Your current balance is 0.0013 BTC. To renew, please send the following BTC amount to :

1 month: 0.04237 BTC
1 year (10% discount): 0.4576 BTC

To upgrade to next level (500 GB Pro), please send the following BTC amount to :

1 month: 0.08474 BTC
1 year (10% discount): 0.9152 BTC

The BTC amounts above are valid within next 48 hours.

One-click renewal:

* 1 month: bitcoin:?amount=0.04237&label=Dropbox_USERNAME
* 1 year (10% discount): bitcoin:?amount=0.4576&label=Dropbox_USERNAME

One-click upgrade:

* 1 month: bitcoin:?amount=0.08474&label=Dropbox_USERNAME
* 1 year (10% discount): bitcoin:?amount=0.9152&label=Dropbox_USERNAME
Activity: 224
If I understand correctly they could accomplish this rather easily if they wanted, just have bitpay handle the btc transactions and hand dropbox the fiat $$$. Everyone is happy?

I don't see this as a real long-term solution. The better option would be to accept Bitcoins as they are.

It's a good compromise, but nothing more.
Activity: 194
If I understand correctly they could accomplish this rather easily if they wanted, just have bitpay handle the btc transactions and hand dropbox the fiat $$$. Everyone is happy?
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1279
Primedice.com, Stake.com
With this much support it would be foolish of them not to accept bitcoins.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
Such community efforts is exactly what bitcoin needs. Just gave my vote and everyone here should do the same.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Activity: 321
Bitbuy.nl!
If we can make this #1 all time request I think theyll do it... if you own bitcoins you need to set up an account and vote cause it could serious increase the value of your holdings.. each account (which are free) gets 6 votes a month. Need another 120,000 votes to get it

Don't make fake accounts though cause they'll be able to tell and it will discredit all the real request.
This.
Activity: 193
Always riding the Bull...
If we can make this #1 all time request I think theyll do it... if you own bitcoins you need to set up an account and vote cause it could serious increase the value of your holdings.. each account (which are free) gets 6 votes a month. Need another 120,000 votes to get it

Don't make fake accounts though cause they'll be able to tell and it will discredit all the real request.
Activity: 193
Always riding the Bull...
Activity: 588
Added my six grains of sand.  50594.
Activity: 371
Activity: 321
Bitbuy.nl!
Gave them my 6 votes. Everyone here ought to do the same. Let's do this guys Smiley
+6
Activity: 686
Bitbuy
Gave them my 6 votes. Everyone here ought to do the same. Let's do this guys Smiley
Activity: 240
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Voted!

Dropbox is such a huge part of my software infrastructure, and my life would be considerably harder without it. I would love to see them accept bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Accounts are free, so you should definitely register and vote!

There's a BTC/LTC/PPC/FTC RAFFLE I've set up for those who voted: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194780.60 - go vote here and then enter your address in the thread to win! Smiley

Alright then helps to make this a reality + 6 Bump goes to other thread Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: