Pages:
Author

Topic: [150TH] [PPLNS 0.5%] Jonny's Mining Emporium (bravo-mining.com) - page 17. (Read 267187 times)

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
It certainly looks like a good setup.  HP server PSU at the core... 2450W... 10 PCI-e...

Congrats on the 220V install!  Are the plugs going to be each on a separate circuit?  Make sure you've got enough amps Smiley.  Figure 1400W for an S9.  A 220V/20A breaker will give you ~3520 usable watts.
And remember that standard power leads are 10A on 240V ... i.e. 2400W
... from the land of 240V Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
It certainly looks like a good setup.  HP server PSU at the core... 2450W... 10 PCI-e...

Congrats on the 220V install!  Are the plugs going to be each on a separate circuit?  Make sure you've got enough amps Smiley.  Figure 1400W for an S9.  A 220V/20A breaker will give you ~3520 usable watts.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Any opinions on this power supply?  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Supply-for-Antminer-S9-S7-Complete-PCI-e-Wiring-Installed-/182298435538?hash=item2a71d55fd2:g:tnIAAOSwLF1X7ril

I'm having two 220V outlets installed in my garage, and this looked interesting.
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
All bitcoin daemons have been updated to version 0.13.1.  Mining was not impacted in any way.

Good luck to all!
Activity: 1061
Merit: 501
RIP: S5, A faithful device long time
I am doing a push on the pool about 500th  for a few hours

You have lot of hashing power behind. You and Johnny  Shocked

I rented it from nicehash.

May i ask, How much is your income/month (only bitcoins counted) $4000-->?  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

I rented it from nicehash.
Activity: 1061
Merit: 501
RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Good luck, Phil!
legendary
I am doing a push on the pool about 500th  for a few hours
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Wait for the Avalon A7, will be available soon  Smiley

Where's the best place to look for it / buy it?
It's not available yet.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been keeping an eye out for the announcement Smiley.  Rumors had it launching in September, but obviously they were incorrect.  I really hope they are competitive against the S9 in terms of efficiency.  Some pretty good speculation about them has been written based on the codebase.

Where's the best place to look for it / buy it?
legendary
so.. I got my S5s running again, but my power supplies are crap.  Have to restart them on a regular basis.

S5s need to be upgraded.

What's the latest on miners. I've been out of the loop for a few months.

S9?  R4?  Should I shy away from Bitmain? 

What are the alternatives, and what should I expect to pay for a miner that mines in the 10-30TH/s

Also, is .1 J/GH/s the best out there?

Tim

s9 runs 12-13th  .1- .11 watts
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Well... unfortunately, there's no new gear available, so you'd have to look for folks selling things off.  I'm not a fan of Bitmain's products, but at the moment they have the most efficient miner around.  If you can find them, expect to shell out some coin.  People will likely inflate prices because there simply isn't anything else to buy.  To get a single piece of kit for your specified hashing range, the S9 is your only choice.
so.. I got my S5s running again, but my power supplies are crap.  Have to restart them on a regular basis.

S5s need to be upgraded.

What's the latest on miners. I've been out of the loop for a few months.

S9?  R4?  Should I shy away from Bitmain? 

What are the alternatives, and what should I expect to pay for a miner that mines in the 10-30TH/s

Also, is .1 J/GH/s the best out there?

Tim
legendary
Yes, I agree with -ck and jonny mentioned it too:

Not sure how much value it would add, or how much work it would take to integrate one since I've never run one.

OneInchWonder, you mentioned no checking here often, and being able to schedule "group renting" times.

I would say that I usually check here before I check the pool, anyone else?
The "group renting" times could be coordinated right here in this thread.

I just put up 300th.
I plan on running it for a while.
Activity: 777
Merit: 1003
Yes, I agree with -ck and jonny mentioned it too:

Not sure how much value it would add, or how much work it would take to integrate one since I've never run one.

OneInchWonder, you mentioned no checking here often, and being able to schedule "group renting" times.

I would say that I usually check here before I check the pool, anyone else?
The "group renting" times could be coordinated right here in this thread.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Traditionally when small groups of people already on a forum decide to create a forum of their own it ends up sitting idle most of the time and just becomes yet another maintenance issue for the person starting one. I'd suggest sticking to here. If you didn't have a forum in the first place it'd be a different issue.
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
SMF... hmmm.... I wonder if there are any forums that use it... Tongue

Sorry I haven't replied back sooner... just been buried at work and haven't had the opportunity to take a look into setting up a forum yet.
Activity: 777
Merit: 1003
Yeah, I don't why, but I didn't even think of that.
It would make the most sense, and be familiar for all of us.
But, as Jonny said, I don't know if would really add much value.  Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: