Pages:
Author

Topic: [150TH] [PPLNS 0.5%] Jonny's Mining Emporium (bravo-mining.com) - page 13. (Read 267154 times)

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538
I'm in BTC XTC
Hey jonny,
First, bravo to you for running one of the few pools that does it right.  As soon as my two droids make it to the cryptoboreas btc mines on Hoth, I'll tell my house droid R4B2 to start working in your mine.  I like your style, and want to see your pool grow.  So I challenge all you miners out there with more than 30THs - that's all I'm running atm - and if I can point one of my miners, I mean droids, at jonny's pool than so can YOU.
Signing up now, and will send you hash (love saying that...   Wink ) as soon as the transport arrives at Hoth base.  We will increase the peeps!

Mine on!  
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
HAHAHA!!!  Sorry about that... I didn't intend to have people travel back in time...

The promotion ends 3/19 at 23:59:59 EDT Grin
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
^I was teasing.

I'm sure that he meant Sunday 3/19.  Grin
Activity: 997
Merit: 279
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
BCMonster finding a block has to do with them getting an influx in hash, not with them updating to 0.14 Smiley.

Speaking of updating... all coin daemons on my pool have been updated to 0.14.

I'm also upping the block finder bonus... for a limited time.  If you find a block between now and the end of the day Sunday (3/12/2017 23:59:59 EDT), you will receive 1.5BTC bonus.

Good luck everyone!

I am unable to travel back in time to participate in the promotion you just posted.   Huh

Having stated that -- the thing that frustrates me the MOST is that this pool has never taken off.  EVEN if we only hit 1 block a week month -- it would be doable.

The pool experience here was way more fun than anywhere I've ever mined.

The contests here are the COOLEST and MOST FUN of anywhere.

If you decide to change your contest parameters to dates in the future -- I'll be happy to participate!  And, more importantly, if we can get some other people to mine here -- I would love for this pool to be my permanent home.  

Re: [150TH] [PPLNS 0.5%] Jonny's Mining Emporium (bravo-mining.com)
February 12, 2017, 21:03:42
Reply with quote  #1622
Well... the group promising to put at least 1.5PH on the pool has fallen off the face of the earth.  Apparently they realized buying, housing and managing that much hardware was a bit more of a commitment than they planned to give.

Don't forget folks, that 1BTC block finder's bonus is still available!  No complex rules, or hoops you need to jump through to qualify.  Point some hash to the pool.  Find a block.  Get the bonus coin.                  

He increased it until Sunday, I understood
See if it can edit the message
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
BCMonster finding a block has to do with them getting an influx in hash, not with them updating to 0.14 Smiley.

I'm also upping the block finder bonus... for a limited time.  If you find a block between now and the end of the day Sunday (3/12/2017 23:59:59 EDT), you will receive 1.5BTC bonus.

Good luck everyone!

I am unable to travel back in time to participate in the promotion you just posted.   Huh

Having stated that -- the thing that frustrates me the MOST is that this pool has never taken off.  EVEN if we only hit 1 block a week month -- it would be doable.

The pool experience here was way more fun than anywhere I've ever mined.

The contests here are the COOLEST and MOST FUN of anywhere.

If you decide to change your contest parameters to dates in the future -- I'll be happy to participate!  And, more importantly, if we can get some other people to mine here -- I would love for this pool to be my permanent home.  

legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool

I'm also upping the block finder bonus... for a limited time.  If you find a block between now and the end of the day Sunday (3/19/2017 23:59:59 EDT), you will receive 1.5BTC bonus.

Good luck everyone!

EDIT: To avoid any quantum entanglements or time paradoxes... the contest end date has been updated Smiley
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Phil hit the nail on the head.  I've been trying to recruit new miners to the pool.  I've offered a number of promotions - one of which is still ongoing - to try and get people here permanently.  Unfortunately, after nearly a year and a half, we're still struggling to find and maintain a healthy base hash rate.  I sold off the vast majority of my own personal gear and haven't had the motivation to buy anything new again.  I looked at the new Avalon gear, and had some potential deals going with them, but everything fell through.  I refuse to buy Bitmain gear, so I'm kind of in limbo on new hardware.

So, it could be quite some time until we hit our next block.  Or, it could happen today.  The chances are far better if we've got more miners hashing... so find some folks and bring them here.  Everyone wins that way.

EDIT: by the way, I'll be updating the pool's coin daemons to 0.14.  I will post here when the process is complete (probably end up getting to it tomorrow).

After the update, the block was found at 42% BCMonster
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Phil hit the nail on the head.  I've been trying to recruit new miners to the pool.  I've offered a number of promotions - one of which is still ongoing - to try and get people here permanently.  Unfortunately, after nearly a year and a half, we're still struggling to find and maintain a healthy base hash rate.  I sold off the vast majority of my own personal gear and haven't had the motivation to buy anything new again.  I looked at the new Avalon gear, and had some potential deals going with them, but everything fell through.  I refuse to buy Bitmain gear, so I'm kind of in limbo on new hardware.

So, it could be quite some time until we hit our next block.  Or, it could happen today.  The chances are far better if we've got more miners hashing... so find some folks and bring them here.  Everyone wins that way.

EDIT: by the way, I'll be updating the pool's coin daemons to 0.14.  I will post here when the process is complete (probably end up getting to it tomorrow).

yeah  it is hard right now as nicehash is charge top dollar to rent.

.5766  and .5765 are current prices

they are  way higher then .5457 x .969 = 0.5287833  true break even number

so renting at .5765 is paying a 10 percent premium.

so the block would need to be 14.00 x .995 = 13.93

so if I toss  a .1 rental  I would hope we get a 14.00 block.
so I just tossed a .03 rental  at .577
my chances are about

.0295 in 12.5 or about  1 in 425
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool

EDIT: by the way, I'll be updating the pool's coin daemons to 0.14.  I will post here when the process is complete (probably end up getting to it tomorrow).
legendary
Is there any end in sight? I'm new to bitcoin mining, noticed this pool had a lot of good reviews, just wondering about a timeline for payouts and all that.

when you are sending only 20th at a block  you could take a year to hit a  block.
kano.is a different block is sending  25ph at the moment.

so  that is 125x the hash power and they are on their 83rd hour  so 83 x 125 = 10,375 hours is possible  for this pool
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Is there any end in sight? I'm new to bitcoin mining, noticed this pool had a lot of good reviews, just wondering about a timeline for payouts and all that.
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
It failed to split the block
 Grin
legendary
tossed here 1PH   Smiley

nice maybe i will shoot some here
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
tossed here 1PH   Smiley
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
when did this miracle happen
 Roll Eyes Grin
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Good luck Phil!
legendary
taking a stab at it again!
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Everything is back up.  The answer I got back was pretty vague, but I'm pretty sure it amounted to, "sorry but somebody kicked the cable"...

All's good again, so let's crack this block!!!  Remember, there's still that 1BTC bonus for whoever is the one to find it.
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Hey everyone,

Something fishy is going on with my web server.  Mining is still going on and all shares are being recorded.  This is strictly on the web server, and I am investigating the issue.  I've already got an open ticket with the datacenter and will update here when I learn anything from them.

So, do not worry - your miners are still hashing properly, and all shares are being submitted and recorded in the database.
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
that the pool  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: