Pages:
Author

Topic: [150TH] [PPLNS 0.5%] Jonny's Mining Emporium (bravo-mining.com) - page 74. (Read 267187 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
To the user trying to connect as "avalon6", you aren't doing it properly.  You need to create an account, then create a worker called avalon6 with some password.  Let's say you create an account name of BravoMiner and a worker of avalon6 with a password of x.  To connect to the pool, you would configure your miner as follows:

URL - stratum+tcp://stratum.bravo-mining.com:3333
Worker - BravoMiner.avalon6
Password - x

Thanks!
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Some of you might have noticed a failover.  I did a very quick restart of the stratum servers to enable port 3999.  This is a static diff port with a difficulty set to 999.

If you use an S2 or similar device, please point your miner to:
Code:
stratum+tcp://stratum.bravo-mining.com:3999

Hopefully this will help your miners with the abnormally high reject rates.
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Hi LASERminer,

I don't personally own an SP20.  However, I did own an SP10 a couple years ago.  If memory serves me correctly, when entering the URL in the Pools tab of the miner UI, you put
Code:
stratum+tcp://stratum.bravo-mining.com:3333
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Newbie question:
Just ensuring myself - to set up standalone miner properly (SP20) I shall enter [stratum.bravo-mining.com:3333] or whole [stratum+tcp://stratum.bravo-mining.com:3333] address?
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Well,

Unfortunately my rental didn't crack block number 4.  However, the promotion is still going!  We are close to 100%, so if you want that full 1BTC bonus, you'll need to find the block before we cross the 110% mark.

There are currently 131 users registered on the pool, so we are definitely growing and more people are signing up every day.  Spread the word and get people off the big, bad-for-bitcoin pools and supporting the pools who actually care about the health of bitcoin and the miners that support it.
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
You know... It helps if I actually math properly... I changed from 1PH to 1.5PH in my calculations.  Let me go ahead and fix that up... And edit the post appropriately.

Post edited to have the proper numbers.
Activity: 461
Merit: 306
Lets get this block. Going to add 5 Th rental for just over a day. I know it not that much but you never know.
That is all the Bitcoin i got till we hit a block.
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
For those of you who rent hash from NH/WH and are curious to know if you've gotten what you paid for, here's how you can figure it out.  I make the assumption here that you do not change the price you're paying during the course of the order.  If you do, well, you'll just have to run the calculations a few times Smiley

Step 1 - Determine how long your order should actually last.

This one is pretty easy.  Take your total rented hash power and multiply that times the price you paid to see how much it would cost you for 24 hours.  Don't forget to subtract the 3% fee NH charges!  Example, you rented 1PH at 0.0034 per TH and paid 1.5BTC:
Code:
1000 * 0.0034 = 3.4 BTC for 24 hours
1.5 - (1.5 * 0.03) = 1.455 BTC applied to order
(1.455 / 3.4) * 24 = 10.27 hours
This means that your coin bought you 10.27 hours of 1PH power.

Step 2 - Determine how many shares you should get

To do this, you need to figure out how many diff 1 shares your mining power would expect to earn in the time calculated from step 1.  First, let's figure out how many diff 1 shares per second you expect (I'm using a simplified formula here, but it's accurate enough for this calculation):
Code:
1000000000000000 / 2^32 = 232830.6436538696
Ok, now you just multiply your expected shares per second by the total time:
Code:
232,830.6436538696 * 10.27 * 3600 = 8,608,214,557.170868
Great!  You know you should have gotten about 8.6 billion shares for your rental

Step 3 - Compare to what the pool shows you got

This is pretty easy since virtually every pool provides you with share information.  On my pool, for example, you would have to record how many shares you had at the start of your rental and compare it to the shares you had at the end.  On kano's, just look at your worker stats and start adding things up for the shifts.

That's it!  If the pool shares are similar to what you calculated, congrats, NH/WH didn't screw you over Tongue
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Yeah Phil, it looks like you're correct.  I worked with krisgt30 to prove that he actually got the shares he should have for the rental he had.

Looking at your screenshots you cancel a ton of orders... I'm assuming NH must refund you back the prorated 3% fee you paid when you created the order, or you're losing coin.

I get back the 3% 

you do lose .0001 for a cancel which is worth it sometimes

I cancel for  a lot of reasons.

price changes when big make it worth it.

also mmpool.org  and peercoin.ecoining   get into bizarre reject mod  you lose 30-50 % of hash so I cancel the order when that starts to happen
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Yeah Phil, it looks like you're correct.  I worked with krisgt30 to prove that he actually got the shares he should have for the rental he had.

Looking at your screenshots you cancel a ton of orders... I'm assuming NH must refund you back the prorated 3% fee you paid when you created the order, or you're losing coin.
legendary
PSA: It appears the problems with NH have been resolved and all orders are currently properly hashing again.  No word yet from them regarding any kind of compensation for the ~3 hours of lost hashing for which people were still being charged.

look here closely tell me if I am correct. at  least in my case I think I am

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14106948
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
PSA: It appears the problems with NH have been resolved and all orders are currently properly hashing again.  No word yet from them regarding any kind of compensation for the ~3 hours of lost hashing for which people were still being charged.
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Just a PSA...

NH/WH appears to be suffering from some pretty major problems at the moment.  Orders are claiming they are active and working, yet are not submitting any shares at the pool to which they are pointed.  NH/WH is still deducting coin as if the order is fine.  You cannot cancel, or modify your order in any way to prevent this.

Please do not rent from NH/WH until further notice.
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
The monitor, if turned on, will send you an email if that worker is idle.  Here is what the email looks like:

One of your workers is currently IDLE: Username.Worker

We have not received any shares for this worker in the past 10 minutes.

Since monitoring is enabled for this worker, this notification was sent.

Please check your workers!

Good luck guys!

legendary

Same Question: what does the "Monitor" slider on/off do?

and I am pointing 4 avalon6's here today and Sunday.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
The new Avalons are up and running.  20TH of my own hardware... If only I had this much power a couple years ago... Lol
That's really cool, do you host them or have your own space for them?  I just got my first S5 and that's a big deal to me, to see 1.15TH in my monitor.  Grin

So I just solo mine with the S5 but I think I'm going to point it here for fun, it would see a "significant" payout when this pool hits a block vs. what it would see in larger pools.  Plus it would be much better odds than solo.  I'm shutting it down tonight to install 3D printed ducts, when it comes back it will be mining here for a while, at least for a block hopefully.  Smiley

Question: what does the "Monitor" slider on/off do?
Turned on the S7. Going to run it all weekend.
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Yeah we got that Smiley

But the reason for my post is that that block was a 1hr network block!

Certainly helps to push down the diff change in about 6 blocks from now.
Nice getting those big fat blocks.  And that 1 hour block certainly helps push that diff down, even if it is a pretty minimal effect at this point Tongue.  Of course, we'll take what we can get after the run of increases we've had!
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
While not exactly overwhelming, the difficulty adjustment will certainly be negative this time.  It also means the prices for rentals will go up correspondingly.  So, get your rentals and crack this block for the bonus!

Oh.. and if we were to hit a block right now?  Nearly 0.9BTC in fees would be paid out to the miners.
Yeah we got that Smiley

But the reason for my post is that that block was a 1hr network block!

Certainly helps to push down the diff change in about 6 blocks from now.
Pages:
Jump to: