Pages:
Author

Topic: [150TH] [PPLNS 0.5%] Jonny's Mining Emporium (bravo-mining.com) - page 77. (Read 267187 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Interesting everything I always read said 360+ on the draw.  I had a few 750s for my S3s that I could've consolidated!! Sad

That's on me though because I never validated the true draw.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Yeah, you can run 2 S3s off a 750W PSU.  They pull 340W from the wall each, so you're pretty much right in the sweet spot.  Best bet is to have a single rail PSU and the CX750 will fit the bill nicely.  2 PCIe cables per S3.
Activity: 1249
Merit: 506
What is the best power supply setup for  adding one more S3 too....

Right now corsair 600 for one S3 and a Corsair 750 on the S5.
How can a second S3 be added and what power supply?

I was thinking buy a corsair 850 and use that for the S5 then use the corsair 750 for the two S3's. If I buy a avalon maybe I should buy the power supply that that one would use and put the S5 on that until it happens?

The 750 likely won't be enough for two S3s unless you're underclocking them.

It won't be rated to take the nearly 100% that the two of them would add up to.

Now the 850 would take care of two S3s (assuming enough PCI connectors) and you could just keep the S5 on the 750

I have multiple pairs of S3s running on Corsair 750's and they have been fine for a long time.
Activity: 721
Merit: 504

I was thinking buy a corsair 850 and use that for the S5 then use the corsair 750 for the two S3's. If I buy a avalon maybe I should buy the power supply that that one would use and put the S5 on that until it happens?

Now the 850 would take care of two S3s (assuming enough PCI connectors) and you could just keep the S5 on the 750
sounds good to me thanks
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
Wow rental prices are crazy.  Over double expected payout... what pump and dump alt is being mined to death now?

Someone on the Slush thread said that 10PH from NH were being pointed that way -- at $.63!!!

Not sure how they know that -- but it sounds crazy...

legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Wow rental prices are crazy.  Over double expected payout... what pump and dump alt is being mined to death now?
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Don't forget the promo is still running... we just crossed the 50% mark (now about 50.8%) of expected shares to find the block.  Find a block before we hit 110% and get 1BTC bonus from me.
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Unfortunately combining our pools would be exceedingly difficult to properly pull off. 

When I started this pool, I did so to give miners a choice where to point their hash where they wouldn't get screwed by a jackass like nexious.  It also gives miners a choice to not point their hash to bad-for-bitcoin pools who SPV mine, spit out empty blocks, etc.  I'd love to get a few percent of those pools pointed here.  I'd also love to see a few percent pointed to BCMonster (as I'm sure he'd love to see, too).

If you've checked out his thread, you'll see I share my pool changes with him as well.  You can also see that I've contributed to the git repository to address the capped share stats error pointed out earlier in this thread.  I will be sharing that with BCMonster as soon as I finish writing this post.

So, if you want to see this pool grow, please feel free to spread the word.  Post on your social media accounts, websites, blogs, forums.  Talk to your friends and family.  Let them all know your experiences here and invite them to join us in this grand adventure in bitcoin.
I know its kind of like asking two people running for president if one of them would be their vice president instead.
Both may have the same pool however different goals.
I don't want to speak for jonny - but really in the end its better for the network to have the extra bit of decentralization and both operators have different ways they may want to do things.  Combining likely wouldn't work.  Interesting thought though.
Does it make sense to combine workers and hash with Bcmonster? Also posted in their pool too. Both pools are with a great group.
Is it sad that I never even noticed?  Smiley
LOL... I also changed the Worker Information on your dashboard page.  Now it displays your workers in GH/s (instead of the KH/s it was defaulted to).

Hah, two for two!  Smiley
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
LOL... I also changed the Worker Information on your dashboard page.  Now it displays your workers in GH/s (instead of the KH/s it was defaulted to).

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Yeah... no rush for you Smiley.

By the way, I made changes to the pool stats page.  KH/s was a bit stupid - who even thinks about mining BTC in terms of KH/s any more?  So, I changed the pool stats page to display TH/s.

Sometimes I wonder why there is not a like button for a post. Lol
Yes i agree who mines at that speed now.
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Yeah... no rush for you Smiley.

By the way, I made changes to the pool stats page.  KH/s was a bit stupid - who even thinks about mining BTC in terms of KH/s any more?  So, I changed the pool stats page to display TH/s.

Yeah, the signed binaries aren't available yet (should be within the next couple of days I'd guess)... however, the final v0.12 code is released and you can build it yourself - which is what I do.

I would if I was running a pool.  Since I'm running a node literally only for the sake of the network (that node doesn't even have a wallet) so I'm in no hurry Smiley
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Yeah, the signed binaries aren't available yet (should be within the next couple of days I'd guess)... however, the final v0.12 code is released and you can build it yourself - which is what I do.
Pages:
Jump to: