Pages:
Author

Topic: [150TH] [PPLNS 0.5%] Jonny's Mining Emporium (bravo-mining.com) - page 78. (Read 267154 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
heh.  i'll upgrade when I can pull it from ubuntu's repos (right now i can't).
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
No problem.  I like 0.12 and was glad the final was released so I could safely put it up on the pool.

For example, if the pool found a block right now it would contain 2650 transactions and fees of 0.48BTC.  If I wanted that information previously, I'd have to look in multiple places.
Thanks for the heads up earlier Jonny.

legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
All,

I will be taking down the pool servers at approximately 10:00am EST on 2/19 to perform some maintenance, including updating to Bitcoin Core version 0.12.  I don't expect this to take longer than a couple of minutes; however, your miners will fail over.  Please ensure you have backup pools properly configured.

I will post here as soon as the maintenance is complete.

Thanks!

EDIT: Pool coming down now at 10:19 EST.

EDIT: Pool back up at 10:30 EST.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
the platinum seasonic or the evga are both good for the avalon6

amazon has some used seasonic's dirt cheap

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JG5LSN8?keywords=seasonic&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1455740511&ref_=sr_1_9&s=merchant&sr=1-9

no warranty 30 day return policy but cheap
Heh yeah that's them ... I paid more than twice that for mine Tongue
The only complaint I have about them is all the power cables are ribbon cables and 18G

My OCZs are all full 16G - just a pity about OCZ Sad
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Great points, kano.

You actually power cycled an S2?  Were you actively trying to set it on fire?  I remember pretty much the first thing one did with an S2 was to replace the PSU... before you ever even bothered turning it on Tongue.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I run my Avalons on the EVGA 1300 G2.  Absolutely rock solid PSUs and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Edit:

Example of how good the PSU is... Before they ran my Avalons, each G2 was running 3 S3s nonstop since 2014.  20 months of constant usage powering miners, 24/7.
Actually Smiley
The test that shows more how good a PSU is, is if you stop/start it regularly.
Stop/Starts are the main time when things fail due to the power changes in those events.

I have 2 OCZ 1250W I bought in 2013, still going strong - though one is now somewhat wasted running one of my home servers 24/7 ...
They had regular power cycles when in mining use. The other one up until recently when I permanently switched off my half working AntS5 Tongue

My Avalon6s are run on 2 Seasonic 1200 Platinums and they get power cycled 5 days a week (and the PSUs were cycled the same before with other hardware)
They're newer than the OCZs (2014) but no problems ever with them (but they cost way too much ...)

A good example of the power cycle test is my old AntS2 and the Bitmain supplied "Enermax" PSU in it that was borderline since it exceeded the specs on the PSU ... died of course - most likely due to the regular power cycling Tongue
the platinum seasonic or the evga are both good for the avalon6

amazon has some used seasonic's dirt cheap

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JG5LSN8?keywords=seasonic&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1455740511&ref_=sr_1_9&s=merchant&sr=1-9

no warranty 30 day return policy but cheap
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I run my Avalons on the EVGA 1300 G2.  Absolutely rock solid PSUs and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Edit:

Example of how good the PSU is... Before they ran my Avalons, each G2 was running 3 S3s nonstop since 2014.  20 months of constant usage powering miners, 24/7.
Actually Smiley
The test that shows more how good a PSU is, is if you stop/start it regularly.
Stop/Starts are the main time when things fail due to the power changes in those events.

I have 2 OCZ 1250W I bought in 2013, still going strong - though one is now somewhat wasted running one of my home servers 24/7 ...
They had regular power cycles when in mining use. The other one up until recently when I permanently switched off my half working AntS5 Tongue

My Avalon6s are run on 2 Seasonic 1200 Platinums and they get power cycled 5 days a week (and the PSUs were cycled the same before with other hardware)
They're newer than the OCZs (2014) but no problems ever with them (but they cost way too much ...)

A good example of the power cycle test is my old AntS2 and the Bitmain supplied "Enermax" PSU in it that was borderline since it exceeded the specs on the PSU ... died of course - most likely due to the regular power cycling Tongue
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool

Edit:

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Right now I am using corsair CX750. I was thinking about using one of the server type PSU. I will read up on that one.

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I need to pick up a few larger PSU for the Avalon's. Running one underclocked and hope to have the other two up and going soon.

what power do you use.  if 120 volts and you are usa based

here is one http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Crossfire-Warranty-120-G2-1300-XR/dp/B00COIZTZM/ref=sr_1_1?
Activity: 71
I need to pick up a few larger PSU for the Avalon's. Running one underclocked and hope to have the other two up and going soon.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Got S7 going full speed for about 7 or 8 hours.
on another note got S7 today and how in the hell do people run then in there house they are loud.  I was use to the S3 and when the fans kicked on I jumped. lol

I run mine in the basement -- with the door closed...

My sister (who has 6 of them) runs hers in the garage -- although, I'm not sure what they'll do when summer comes.  Her husband works for NASA though, so I'm sure they'll figure something out -- lol...

I've liked this mining pool since it started -- BOTH Jonny AND the other miners here -- I was reticent to move my S7 over until the ROI completed -- which happened a couple weeks ago -- and I'm happy to say that NOW both my little S5 and my S7 are working away here at bravo mining!!!  

How the "surge mining" from others will affect my payout concerns me a little, but, when you have a 1 BTC PROMO going on -- it is to be expected -- oh -- and I DO LOVE THE PROMO!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

My brother was dating a girl that worked for NASA, nothing to do with engineering or anything like that, some sort of office position from what I was told. Anyway, they broke up because he beat a dead horse saying "it's not rocket science" every time she didn't understand something. In no way related but it just made me think of that.

That's great !!

I had just used up the last of my wallet funds.  Jonny I'll get you my overage back in a day or two!
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
LOL... I can imagine that would have gotten old quick Smiley
Activity: 1249
Merit: 506
on another note got S7 today and how in the hell do people run then in there house they are loud.  I was use to the S3 and when the fans kicked on I jumped. lol

My sister (who has 6 of them) runs hers in the garage -- although, I'm not sure what they'll do when summer comes.  Her husband works for NASA though, so I'm sure they'll figure something out -- lol...

I've liked this mining pool since it started -- BOTH Jonny AND the other miners here -- I was reticent to move my S7 over until the ROI completed -- which happened a couple weeks ago -- and I'm happy to say that NOW both my little S5 and my S7 are working away here at bravo mining!!!  

How the "surge mining" from others will affect my payout concerns me a little, but, when you have a 1 BTC PROMO going on -- it is to be expected -- oh -- and I DO LOVE THE PROMO!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

My brother was dating a girl that worked for NASA, nothing to do with engineering or anything like that, some sort of office position from what I was told. Anyway, they broke up because he beat a dead horse saying "it's not rocket science" every time she didn't understand something. In no way related but it just made me think of that.
Activity: 206

Smiley Smiley Smiley

I run it at 10% fan speed and clocked at 400. Getting about 2.3 TH with that.

Currently looking for a new place to live so when that happens i will run at full speed along with the 3 S3.

I like this pool i been here from the start.
Activity: 228

Smiley Smiley Smiley

legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Sent.  TxID: 362a68ca80ba29659f0f90dfade3feafaf35b804e102bae6ecaa760abb7c8207
Activity: 70
Thanks and lets find the next block soon!
Pages:
Jump to: