Pages:
Author

Topic: [150TH] [PPLNS 0.5%] Jonny's Mining Emporium (bravo-mining.com) - page 89. (Read 267154 times)

Activity: 200
Merit: 103
Hello Bitcoin World!!
Yep it was one of my s7  Grin

FYI I intend on splitting half of my hashing power here and there but I've been running a test I started back when the DDos shut us down and I will move them back over here shortly when i am done with my test.

But I hope all the rental power is making up it =)
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Found a block on kano?  Congrats!  Was it your own gear, or a rental?  I love the feeling of finding a block.  I've only ever found 3.  One on p2pool about 2 weeks after I got my second S1.  One on nexious... and we all know how that turned out... and one here on my pool Smiley.
Hello Bitcoin World!!
Its working now  Cheesy

So I'm feeling a bit lucky today considering I found my first block on Kano's pool today so I'm going to rent a little bit more hashing power maybe we'll get lucky  Cool

Come join me let's get this block!
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
I will look into it for you.  Currently digging myself out of a couple feet of snow Smiley

EDIT:

Ok... I checked things out.  Whatever happened was on the rental site, not on the pool.

The rental connects, then doesn't submit any shares.  After 10 minutes, the pool automatically disconnects the miner.  At this point, the rental reconnects about a minute later, but again doesn't submit any shares.  So, after 10 minutes the pool disconnects it.  This process has repeated itself since about 10:38 this morning.  Every now and then the rental will submit a share, but then goes for 10 minutes without submitting anything and the pool disconnects it.

Meanwhile, plenty of other miners are happily hashing away.
Hello Bitcoin World!!
Jonny you might want to check the logs apparently my rental has dropped off for the last hour and it was at the bottom in the pink part on nicehash. I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with the price because I was close to the top for 43
Hello Bitcoin World!!
Well unfortunately the block gods where not so nice to us last night  Undecided but at least we are one step closer to getting it  Cheesy

Maybe it's time for another promotion, ever since DDOS attacks it seems like we've lost interest and have not been able to regain it. Although I am sure getting the next block would put a lot of people's fear at Bay but we have to find a away to get there first  Smiley

Any thoughts on how we might achieve this guy's?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I am running 40th fixed for a bit
Hello Bitcoin World!!
I moved up my rental from 160th for a day+ to  320th for 14 hours   Cheesy

We are so close to 1PH  Grin

Lest get that block!!!
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
No problem... My rental is up and down as well.  It's all hash Smiley
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
Rental not kicking in and don't wish to go for a very high price. Guess will have to wait a bit longer Undecided Sorry guys ...
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I'll get in when I can.  Don't want to take hash from any of you guys

Jonny - just as a heads up the pool verificator at NH shows this for bravo-mining on the "high diff" port

Received mining.set_difficulty... OK: 65535

So well done - NH can validate the higher limit.  Thanks again on that one.
Stuck at around 150TH. Maybe will get some more hash power later on ...
500TH for the next couple hours Smiley Let's get the next one ...
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Sure... let me throw some coin at NH and I'll jump on the block party train Smiley

EDIT: and done... 400TH for the next 12 hours or so...
Hello Bitcoin World!!
Sweet, ya took me a few tries to figure that out too Smiley

any more takers we can be up to a one PH in no time Cool
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Well guys I think it's about that time we throw some more horsepower at the pool so we can get the block before the difficulty changes.

Maybe we can try planning a coordinated rental?

any takers?
 yes I just pointed  150 th and it does not let me mine

so WTF am I doing wrong.

stratum+tcp://bravo-mining.com:3334

philipma1957.two

x

edit I think I see the problem

stratum+tcp://stratum.bravo-mining.com:3334   this is correct

I had  stratum+tcp://bravo-mining.com:3334

okay I am good for a few hours
Hello Bitcoin World!!
Well guys I think it's about that time we throw some more horsepower at the pool so we can get the block before the difficulty changes.

Maybe we can try planning a coordinated rental?

any takers?
it falls under the "not-so-nice" moniker that kano gave it
+1 to that Smiley

Sadly its one of two reasonable options for us if we wish to rent and play the lottery that way.
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
+1 to that Smiley
It's very likely that your rental was either stopped on NH end and then restarted there... or different bridges were established from NH, which the pool would consider a new connection and would start at 1042.

This is supported in the logs...

At 14:45:59 you had a share accepted with diff 9985
At 14:47:50 your worker was authorized (i.e. a new connection)
At 14:47:50 your worker was authorized on another thread (another new connection)
At 14:48:03 your worker was authorized on a third thread (new connection)
At 14:49:13 the first share was accepted at diff 1042.

For some reason, the rental service established new connections for your worker, which caused the pool to default back to the starting diff of 1042, until it was adjusted.

Should there be one or more bridges in a rental (I have three bridges at the moment) ? However, I made another small order on CKPool to test things out, there is only one bridge for that rental and hashing speed is practically the same.

Even on my lower speed rentals at NH I see new bridges all of the time.

Pages:
Jump to: