Pages:
Author

Topic: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2) - page 44. (Read 146909 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
but I guess you missed his sarcasm.
I hate forums and IRC for that. Sad

bullshit

more bullshit

If I may politely request that you go fuck yourself. Thank you.

No you may not.

I thought you're not feed up with all the BS has been given by BFL

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Hmm so is BFL actually gonna create a thread somewhere here?
They got chased away from here - but they still don't seem all that interested in talking with anyone.

have you tried emailing them?

That would be the best bet for anyone with genuine questions.  They're very responsive if you're not being a prick.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
They got chased away from here - but they still don't seem all that interested in talking with anyone.

have you tried emailing them? They don't need to use the forums, and why would they want to with the amount of dickery that goes on here?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

They posted in the cgminer thread and I asked some questions in reply and got no answers from them (but a few comments from others)
My main question of importance was if you can get a temperature reading out of it so you can know if it is about to fry itself and stop that from happening.

I presume the fan is just a simple 100% 24/7 speed fan so there would be no adjustment for that.
But for example, if the fan stops it would heat up and you could then stop it mining or reduce the 'intensity' (which I guess would eventually end up being zero in this case) and thus not destroy your $500+ investment for no reason at all.

Also since there are different countries in this world where people have different temperatures, since this thing may run at 80W to get something below their original simulation speed quote the ambient temperature may be an issue about if it will survive for very long.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Some nonsense

Congrats,  you've just joined Randy on the ignore list.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Anyone get one in the mail yet?!

Eagerly awaiting early test results....

No things to do with forums in this case, you're just too quick to... "correct"

Slow down and you will get it.
So where is the BFL's bitch? Inaba?

Can you give us an update on how the shipment process is going? Its mid Jan. Time for you to stop sucking Sonny's dick and reply in this thread.
rjk
1ngldh
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

Sounds expensive to me, its only .0202 per watt here.

You pay $20.20 per kilowatt-hour?  Seems a bit unprofitable to mine bitcoins...
Did you read backward? He said $0.0202 kw/h.

No, he said ".0202 per watt"... like you quoted... learn 2 read
Lol OK, I kind of ass/u/med that he meant kw/h, and I guess you didn't. I do humbly apologize for your misunderstanding Grin

I didn't misunderstand... I didn't say it was $20.20.... I don't think Enigma81 misunderstood either, but I guess you missed his sarcasm.
rjk
1ngldh

Lol OK, I kind of ass/u/med that he meant kw/h, and I guess you didn't. I do humbly apologize for your misunderstanding Grin
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

rjk
1ngldh

You pay $20.20 per kilowatt-hour?  Seems a bit unprofitable to mine bitcoins...
EDIT: That's a damn good rate btw.
rjk
1ngldh
what happened to the homemade pan reflowed, $1/MH FPGA?
I believe that's the one marked "rph" on the website. He isn't selling them as far as I know.
Activity: 180

Activity: 392
This sentance cracked me up considering the operating costs I have:

It looks likely that miners using GPUs will need to migrate to FPGAs to remain profitable during 2012.

I don't NEED to do shi*t to remain profitable.  Doing the mental math, this guy thinks I should sink over $10,000 into new FPGA hardware to replicate my current farm.

I don't think so. 

PS- For my farm to become un-profitable, the difficulty MUST stay at 1,250,000 while the price per BTC declines to 60 cents.  I seriously doubt that will happen. 

I know I asked a bunch of months back, but you got that hydroelectric shit, or what? That is some dirt cheap power.

Yes, we are a bunch of fish-haters out here, so we have big-ass dams that produce our power.  The cool thing is snow is free, so we don't need to buy coal or natural gas.  Our cost is .06 per KW/h. 

Also, about 2/3's of my farm is running in office space where the Utilities are included with rent.....That comes out even cheaper than .06. 

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
My questions are based on my reading this whole annoying thread (annoying due to the extremely high level of crap in it)
Yes unfortunately the bullshit-to-useful content ratio is fairly bad.

According to the table on the bitcoinfpga website, if we ignore the BFL product, Icarus comes out number 1 in the mhash/watt department, followed by Ztex. However, Ztex is number one with efficiency (not including rph because so far he isn't selling anything), followed by Icarus. So, ignoring BFL, Icarus is the best if you have free power, and Ztex is the best for those that need to pay for power.

Now, when the issues with thermal runaway are sorted out, I think BFL will be able to deliver closer to 900 mhash at 60 watts. This would still be less efficient than any other solutions, but if you have free power it would return its cost the fastest. Out of the other FPGAs (not including rph), only the X6500 is dedicated to bitcoin, like BFL. The others are designed as development boards, and therefore have good utility outside of Bitcoin.
what happened to the homemade pan reflowed, $1/MH FPGA?
Activity: 288
Merit: 251
http://bitcoinfpga.com says ship date is 2012-01-23, it's correct info?
For me its really simple.  Electricity is expensive here, and I can get the same hashrate with two of these boxes at a third, almost quarter, of the power usage.  Plus no more noise, heat, or failing fans from the 4 gpus I have now.

I did look at the other FPGAs, but I'd need 4, at least, to equal what two of these can do.

No brainer.
Pages:
Jump to: