Pages:
Author

Topic: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2) - page 47. (Read 146909 times)

legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

I did ask if it was OK to post, and while Sonny said he didn't have a problem with that he did suggest I wait until next week until the components are all assembled on there.   There's not much to see right now anyway to be fair so that makes sense, but if you're keen Epoch I'll happily forward the email to you so you can check it out.  

As I've mentioned earlier, I'm patient. I am quite content to wait for the 'official' release. Thanks for the offer, though.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
but I'm certainly not going to post them as all it'll attract is snide remarks and the same lame old jokes from the usual idiots (see above).    

You don't mean to say it's 6-8 weeks again, do you?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Had another chat to BFL this morning, and all seems to be going well and on track.  Not too long to go now Smiley
Another vague msg. "on track" for what, 6-8 weeks from now? Why won't anyone say when they are expecting to ship them?

They gave me some timeframes, along with their production schedule and where they're currently up to (along with a photo of the PCB's) but I'm certainly not going to post them as all it'll attract is snide remarks and the same lame old jokes from the usual idiots (see above).    You'll find out when you find out, or email them and ask yourself if you actually care for a valid reason.

How about posting the PCB photo, then? Surely that won't attract any negativity.

I did ask if it was OK to post, and while Sonny said he didn't have a problem with that he did suggest I wait until next week until the components are all assembled on there.   There's not much to see right now anyway to be fair so that makes sense, but if you're keen Epoch I'll happily forward the email to you so you can check it out.   
legendary
Had another chat to BFL this morning, and all seems to be going well and on track.  Not too long to go now Smiley
Another vague msg. "on track" for what, 6-8 weeks from now? Why won't anyone say when they are expecting to ship them?

They gave me some timeframes, along with their production schedule and where they're currently up to (along with a photo of the PCB's) but I'm certainly not going to post them as all it'll attract is snide remarks and the same lame old jokes from the usual idiots (see above).    You'll find out when you find out, or email them and ask yourself if you actually care for a valid reason.

How about posting the PCB photo, then? Surely that won't attract any negativity.
Had another chat to BFL this morning, and all seems to be going well and on track.  Not too long to go now Smiley

They gave me some timeframes, along with their production schedule and where they're currently up to (along with a photo of the PCB's) but I'm certainly not going to post them as all it'll attract is snide remarks and the same lame old jokes from the usual idiots (see above).    You'll find out when you find out, or email them and ask yourself if you actually care for a valid reason.

Photo's of the assembled PCB's should be available next week, so that'll give you something to pick over and find faults with I'm sure.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

It is like a cult.  Only if you are one of the true believers can they can't let you know.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Had another chat to BFL this morning, and all seems to be going well and on track.  Not too long to go now Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Last time I read anything there was just coming out USB support for printers and very limited b-linux functionality. The specs on your's are quite impressive and being able to hook a 320GB HDD is awesome as well. Do you know if it has any addressing limitations for the USB? I.E., how many USB devices can it support?

Yeah, it's pretty comprehensive now. I have no idea if there's a limit on USB devices, but if I was to take a stab in the dark, I'd say no. It is after all running the linux kernal with native USB support. It would more be a resource issue, I think the limit would have to be found experimentally.

USB can address 128 devices.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
Last time I read anything there was just coming out USB support for printers and very limited b-linux functionality. The specs on your's are quite impressive and being able to hook a 320GB HDD is awesome as well. Do you know if it has any addressing limitations for the USB? I.E., how many USB devices can it support?

Yeah, it's pretty comprehensive now. I have no idea if there's a limit on USB devices, but if I was to take a stab in the dark, I'd say no. It is after all running the linux kernal with native USB support. It would more be a resource issue, I think the limit would have to be found experimentally.
legendary
U mad?

Yeah more authority and knowledge my fcking ass. Your attempt of insulting is rather amusing, i bet you're the shit in junior high.

Your post answered my comment perfectly. You cant STFU, i know how much you love cocks,

I'm not mad at all.  You are a joke and everyone here knows it.  Your response seems to bellie the fact that you know it, too and it makes you sad.  Or perhaps u be mad? 

Don't cry, little man.  I know it's difficult when everyone else on this thread is smarter, more cogent and more successful than you, but you don't have to lash out at us with your feeble attempts to make yourself feel better.  We don't care about your attempts, and honestly, we don't care about you either.  Does anyone?  U Sad, bro?

While offering nothing else of value, plastic is at least entertaining us with his witty comments while we wait for BFL to ship. I don't hear any muzak to pass the time, so plastic will have to do for now. Until we get bored.
legendary
Activity: 1260
U mad?

Yeah more authority and knowledge my fcking ass. Your attempt of insulting is rather amusing, i bet you're the shit in junior high.

Your post answered my comment perfectly. You cant STFU, i know how much you love cocks,

I'm not mad at all.  You are a joke and everyone here knows it.  Your response seems to bellie the fact that you know it, too and it makes you sad.  Or perhaps u be mad? 

Don't cry, little man.  I know it's difficult when everyone else on this thread is smarter, more cogent and more successful than you, but you don't have to lash out at us with your feeble attempts to make yourself feel better.  We don't care about your attempts, and honestly, we don't care about you either.  Does anyone?  U Sad, bro?
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
For my positive contribution, this is the item that I am looking at to be my little controller, in case I happen to come across a farm of Singles Grin http://www.e-itx.com/artigo-a1150.html It is a dual-core Via processor that is fully x86-64 compatible, in an awesome little enclosure. Comes with 4 USB ports, and has internal headers for more, as well as numerous expansion options. Not too expensive either!

Those are pretty friggin cool! And new to me.  I quickly eyeballed this one; http://www.e-itx.com/ve900-acd2.html  It has the benefits of being slightly cheaper, inlcudes ram and ssd. Buttt, is lacking a lot of the features your posted one includes. Most importantly, there are no(?) included peripheral ports, namely USB, rj-45, etc. :/  Oh well, I will go get some coffee and brwose through some more. Thanks for sharing it!!

cheers
If you are into building your own enclosures, the Pico-itx motherboards are available bare, as well. The single core version of that is the P830, and the P900 is a drop-in replacement for it - same pinouts etc. Other versions are not fully x86 compatible, or don't support enough memory for larger OSes, but they are cheaper and lower power too.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
For my positive contribution, this is the item that I am looking at to be my little controller, in case I happen to come across a farm of Singles Grin http://www.e-itx.com/artigo-a1150.html It is a dual-core Via processor that is fully x86-64 compatible, in an awesome little enclosure. Comes with 4 USB ports, and has internal headers for more, as well as numerous expansion options. Not too expensive either!

Those are pretty friggin cool! And new to me.  I quickly eyeballed this one; http://www.e-itx.com/ve900-acd2.html  It has the benefits of being slightly cheaper, inlcudes ram and ssd. Buttt, is lacking a lot of the features your posted one includes. Most importantly, there are no(?) included peripheral ports, namely USB, rj-45, etc. :/  Oh well, I will go get some coffee and browse through some more. Thanks for sharing it!!

cheers
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
U mad?

Would you mind please contributing positively for once? Although slightly offtopic, we had a nice discussion about supporting hardware that is ripe for some input. And you decide to barge in and say ITS ALL INVALID BECAUSE I CANT DO ANYTHING EXCEPT SPOUT MY OWN OPINION BLAH BLAH BLAH. I would rather hear stuff that appears to be a voice of reason, stating useful facts and contributing to a decent atmosphere instead of pissing in the pool.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Actually, their website still says units are gauranteed to ship within 4-6 weeks.  So BFL is saying it......

If you order it now.  Those that ordered before, as I understand, are still on target for the next week or two.  I've not heard anything one way or the other to change that... so yes, just the same old tired trolls.

Do you speak for BFL?
If not, you probably just STFU because you dont know for sure. Every order is different and you dont know which one is being filled with the first production.

I'll tell you what I do there, sparky.  I speak with more authority and knowledge than you do.  You have contributed nothing to a single thread on this forum.  Every post you make is full of vitriol, lies and bullshit.  I suggest you take your own advice and STFU.  There is not a single person here that takes you seriously, unless they have not bothered to read your previous posts. Once they read one or two, you are dismissed as the pathetic waste of human flesh that you are... I suspect you are also a complete waste of a human being in real life, but since I've never met you in real life, I can't say for sure.  But the way you acquit yourself on these forums is a strong indicator that you are unable to function in regular society.  Thankfully, I doubt it's possible for you to breed, so we don't have to worry about you procreating.

Thank you and please drive through.

Also... cocks.

U mad?

Activity: 504
Hmm, maybe.
My Asus RT-N16 has 128MB RAM and 480MHz processor. It currently acts as my media server (has an old 320GB laptop HDD attached) and has no problem with that at all. They're pretty nifty devices Smiley

I've been following the dd-wrt and open-wrt for years now. Though, as of late I have not kept up on it much. It has gotten a LOT closer to allowing these newer routers to function as a capable 'PC'.

The only catch I see, which in no way detracts from the coolness, geek and flexibility factors. Is that if you have the computer to get the router all setup from then you already have a computer to just plug FPGA's into. Though there are obvious benefits in having a super small, efficient box that can be placed in a corner some place with the FPGA's plugged in and pretty much forget about it. Slap a small cron job on their to report the devices status every so often and one to restart them under certain flags and one would be all set.

Do please keep us informed if you work on getting FPGA(s) running on yours, m8.

Cheers

P.S.  BFL, any public updates on the status of the current modifications and first production units?
Activity: 518
These are being marketed on their website for applications other than bitcoin mining, although it is very specifically targeted at bitcoin right now it seems. But since it supposedly can do other tasks, I am figuring that it could have resale value even if bitcoin crashed and burned. I would be very interested though in what else it can actually do with a different bitstream, since the actual applications are limited by having only a USB connection. As I have mentioned before, it looks like it would be perfect for a tiny portable WPA crack-in-a-box. Grin Wonder how much of an OS the little supporting chip could run.

That.

Unless the scammers tell us what the chip behind the heatsink is, we will never know.

Strange they are only pushing it for us and not for other applications.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
This sounds interesting.  Personally, I would want a miner like cgminer running so I can handle a group of say 10 singles with failover support. This seems like a lot of work when a netbook or mini-bookshelf system would do easily.

Oh absolutely. Everyone knows what solution is best for themselves.

I would compile cgminer for the router... getting the RPC functionality with it Smiley
Activity: 349
Hmm, maybe.
My Asus RT-N16 has 128MB RAM and 480MHz processor. It currently acts as my media server (has an old 320GB laptop HDD attached) and has no problem with that at all. They're pretty nifty devices Smiley
This sounds interesting.  Personally, I would want a miner like cgminer running so I can handle a group of say 10 singles with failover support. This seems like a lot of work when a netbook or mini-bookshelf system would do easily.
Pages:
Jump to: