Pages:
Author

Topic: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2) - page 46. (Read 146909 times)

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
It's mid-january...do you know where your FPGA is at?

/psa
At the assembly plant in Taiwan, thanks for asking! Grin

So roughly 4-6 weeks out?
I'm thinking closer to 2-3. I need to figure out the best way to record video - either me demo-ing a little black box, or me eating a 6-card open frame rig. Grin

/psa

So roughly 4-6 weeks out?
rjk
1ngldh

/psa

/psa
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
Honestly, this isn't a troll post as this looks quite promising, they way they've given pictures and kept up with you all.

With that said, I don't upderstand the thought process of getting it or not getting it and getting my money back. If they turnout to be a fraud, which is looking unlikely, you wont get your money back.

Let me know if I misunderstood posts

If you made the purchase with PayPal, you have a certain amount of protection. You have 45 days to make a claim. I spoke with Sonny regarding that protection. Sonny told me in an email, that if I don't receive the unit before the 45 days are up I can get a refund. BFL can bill me again giving me another 45 days of protection for my original order. I think that's more than fair considering the circumstances.
rjk
1ngldh
Honestly, this isn't a troll post as this looks quite promising, they way they've given pictures and kept up with you all.

With that said, I don't upderstand the thought process of getting it or not getting it and getting my money back. If they turnout to be a fraud, which is looking unlikely, you wont get your money back.

I think the key thing to know is that some have already asked for and received refunds. I don't think a scam operation would do such a thing, even if it was to simply further their scam. (My opinion/thought process, anyhow)
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Decent Programmer to boot!

Activity: 217
I purchased one. Sonny from BFL has answered all of my questions to my satisfaction. If I get it great. If I don't, I will get my money back.

Exactly my thoughts on the matter.
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
I purchased one. Sonny from BFL has answered all of my questions to my satisfaction. If I get it great. If I don't, I will get my money back.

Skin in the game, takes the time to email the supplier and is satisfied with the answers.

Thanks for posting in this thread and for not creating more FUD.
Activity: 188
Activity: 896
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
I'm looking forward to people actually getting these in hand and doing some real-world benchmarking!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Even if these guys are 100% genuine it still does not change some vital facts one should consider when buying these unicorns :

-almost 0 resale value ( even if they are the only ones like this and nobody comes out with a better sASIC, FPGA, ASIC )
-can't game on them
-can't hack with them
-6 month warranty only Huh
-still refuse to let us know what the tech behind the product is so we can know if these can be used to run an OS or other applications
-can't mine LTC, SLC etc.

Thank you and looking forward to some reviews and what is under that mysterious heatsink !

Why did you just repeat the same post you made two pages ago?  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.686573

Anyway, who cares if they can't mine the stupid alt-coin chains?  They are useless and a waste of resources anyway.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Hi rjk,

I'm writing with an update.  The units tested out at a performance level of 832 mh/s and not 1.05 gh/s.  This is largely due to their consuming more power than the simulation indicated and the on board power regulator had a hard time keeping up with the demand.  To resolve this, we've upgraded the power regulation from one 50w route to two 60w route (one for each processor). 

This has pushed our production back several weeks and the PCB's are only now finished.  They're off to component assembly in Taiwan next week, then back to us here in Kansas City for firmware set and burn in testing prior to delivery across the 2nd half of this month.  We can't guarantee more than 832 mh/s until we test, so you'll need to either cancel your order or accept the performance reduction.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Kind regards,
Sonny K
BF Labs Inc.
OK, so I've just read through this whole thread in the past few hours (and followed a few links to other threads and read some of those) and was hoping I'd actually get to the end of it and find people reporting on these things being up and running.

Nope.

Oh well, I'm not surprised considering 2 things:

1) BFL really have done a bait and switch here - there is no arguing about that - they reported something better than anyone else had, months ago, but ended up (as quoted above) saying they are soon going to be shipping something that is certainly not what they said it was for power, lower hash rate, a vary in sell price and constantly missing their earlier stated delivery dates.

2) A lot of the detractors here have basically driven BFL away by exaggerating the problems BFL have created for themselves

Now that email also says one more thing that they deserve at leased some form of scam label for that I have highlighted in RED
Where is the 10 years of experience that that highlighted statement says doesn't exist? ...

They were quoting numbers and accepting payments based on figures from a simulation?!?
Activity: 530
vital facts

-almost 0 resale value
-can't game on them
-can't hack with them

You do realize that your "vital" facts are completely irrelevant to a large part of the market?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
bulanula why would they disclose the tech behind their product now? getting a head start in any business means more money for you. if they disclose the tech then maybe someone else would start creating an identical product. having their products shipped then disclosing the tech seems to me a BIG head start. so there is absolutely no logic in disclosing their tech now.

Inaba & the rest: why don't you use the "ignore" function for the trolls and the idiots? Life would be much easier then...
Activity: 518
Even if these guys are 100% genuine it still does not change some vital facts one should consider when buying these unicorns :

-almost 0 resale value ( even if they are the only ones like this and nobody comes out with a better sASIC, FPGA, ASIC )
-can't game on them
-can't hack with them
-6 month warranty only Huh
-still refuse to let us know what the tech behind the product is so we can know if these can be used to run an OS or other applications
-can't mine LTC, SLC etc.

Thank you and looking forward to some reviews and what is under that mysterious heatsink !

Activity: 798
but I'm certainly not going to post them as all it'll attract is snide remarks and the same lame old jokes from the usual idiots (see above).   

You don't mean to say it's 6-8 weeks again, do you?

No.

As I've mentioned earlier, I'm patient. I am quite content to wait for the 'official' release. Thanks for the offer, though.  Smiley

No probs Smiley

Why do I feel you are being purposely vague? You are 'happy' but are also holding out on us.

If anyone in this thread who hasn't been a horrible troll for most of it wants some details, they can PM me and I'll happily tell them what I know.   I'm certainly not about to go out of my way to help out the 4 or 5 dipshits in this thread who have nothing better to do than hang around poking jibes and spreading FUD.    Pardon my French, but you lot can go get fucked Smiley

No matter what I say, you'll twist it around or just repeat the same lame jokes you've already spouted a million times.   If the info I was told today is correct (which I'm sure they'd be happy to repeat to anyone who cares enough to inquire), you shouldn't have to wait too much longer before these things are out there and then you'll actually have some basis to form an opinion on them.   I'm sure you can hold out until then.

rjk
1ngldh
Why do I feel you are being purposely vague? You are 'happy' but are also holding out on us.
Something about "not feeding the trolls" probably.
Activity: 504
Decent Programmer to boot!
but I'm certainly not going to post them as all it'll attract is snide remarks and the same lame old jokes from the usual idiots (see above).    

No.

As I've mentioned earlier, I'm patient. I am quite content to wait for the 'official' release. Thanks for the offer, though.  Smiley

No probs Smiley

Activity: 798

No.

No probs Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: