Pages:
Author

Topic: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2) - page 40. (Read 146909 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036
Yawn.
At BTC = $6 - you need 567.8GH/s to make $1mil in a 365day year with free electricity ... (3,333.333 blocks at current difficulty of 1250757.7392747)
Which equates to 710 singles (at 800Mh/s) mining non-stop for an entire year ... and their fans not failing and never over heating coz they have no way for you to know this - they will just pack up and die without warning.

Of course if you had 8,518 of them you could do it in a month Tongue
i.e. $1mil a month is ~6.814TH/s at the current difficulty.
sick calculation Tongue
Sick=incorrect?

Assuming nothing else changes; the addition of this many bitforce singles would increase mining difficulty, you would need even more.
It also depends on if your 800MH/s is 800,000,000 or 800*1024*1024.

Here's the number of singles I get after calculating how much higher the difficulty becomes, note this is 800MH; if spec'd at 800MiH/s you need more.

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Yawn.
At BTC = $6 - you need 567.8GH/s to make $1mil in a 365day year with free electricity ... (3,333.333 blocks at current difficulty of 1250757.7392747)
Which equates to 710 singles (at 800Mh/s) mining non-stop for an entire year ... and their fans not failing and never over heating coz they have no way for you to know this - they will just pack up and die without warning.

Of course if you had 8,518 of them you could do it in a month Tongue
i.e. $1mil a month is ~6.814TH/s at the current difficulty.
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Here's a bone for you conspiracy nuts to play with:

What if they have them built but during "testing" they were making so much BTC that they are holding out as long as possible to get enough to fund developing the large units.

or.. they made all the units even the large ones and are mining enough btc to become millionaires and then selling the units is just icing on the cake.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Here's a bone for you conspiracy nuts to play with:

What if they have them built but during "testing" they were making so much BTC that they are holding out as long as possible to get enough to fund developing the large units.
Activity: 456
well if they dont come through with their product.. is there anyone else out there offering anything like this? 50.4 gigahash machine sounds pretty fun and looks a lot cleaner than a spaghetti mess of usb connected fpgas sittin around the house.
Activity: 448

I'll report my findings when my bitforce single arrives. I have ordered one and can detail my experience.

Gigavps, you seem to be one of the first people who have placed an order. So you should be one of the first to receive their unit, being in the first production run. Having been in recent contact with BFL yourself, can you tell us when you expect your first unit to arrive? If you still don't have a firm date/window for your unit, it would be informative to know that as well.

End of the month for the first batch is the approximate timing I was given. Second batch soon to follow.

Very good, thank you. I'll assume that BFL isn't in a position to specify an exact date yet; by the end of next week they may be.

12 days out and they still can't give a real number?
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

I'll report my findings when my bitforce single arrives. I have ordered one and can detail my experience.

Gigavps, you seem to be one of the first people who have placed an order. So you should be one of the first to receive their unit, being in the first production run. Having been in recent contact with BFL yourself, can you tell us when you expect your first unit to arrive? If you still don't have a firm date/window for your unit, it would be informative to know that as well.

End of the month for the first batch is the approximate timing I was given. Second batch soon to follow.

Very good, thank you. I'll assume that BFL isn't in a position to specify an exact date yet; by the end of next week they may be.
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
All these discussions on scams or no scams, maybe one member should just spare the $600 get a unit and start mining to see if it is as claimed.

I'll report my findings when my bitforce single arrives. I have ordered one and can detail my experience. If anyone is wondering about my credentials:

My WOT rating (top 30) -> http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=gigavps
My rig building cred -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/winner-gigavps-voted-best-bitcoin-mining-rig-builder-in-the-world-pic-51350
My mining farm -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--7216

legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
All these discussions on scams or no scams, maybe one member should just spare the $600 get a unit and start mining to see if it is as claimed.

I'll report my findings when my bitforce single arrives. I have ordered one and can detail my experience. If anyone is wondering about my credentials:

My WOT rating (top 30) -> http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=gigavps
My rig building cred -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/winner-gigavps-voted-best-bitcoin-mining-rig-builder-in-the-world-pic-51350
My mining farm -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--7216

rjk
1ngldh
A little more transparency about what is going on under that heatsink and in their company wouldn't hurt at all right now IMHO.

But but but.... ITS PROPRIETARY!!!!  Cry All these bad people wanna steal our design!

Grin
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
It is only the trolls with too much time on their hands and not enough money in their pockets that seems to create all of the FUD. Sad.
As a potential customer, it makes sense for me to investigate their product. There's plenty of FUD going around, but that's directly caused by BFL's major problems.

We Fear the shipped product won't meet their claims because BFL keeps changing the claims.

We are Uncertain when they will ship because BFL keeps changing the ship date.

We Doubt they know what they're doing because BFL launched products solely based on a simulations.

The FUD is all BFLs fault.

Indeed, they are trolling us and they are trolling themselves Grin

A little more transparency about what is going on under that heatsink and in their company wouldn't hurt at all right now IMHO.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
It is only the trolls with too much time on their hands and not enough money in their pockets that seems to create all of the FUD. Sad.
As a potential customer, it makes sense for me to investigate their product. There's plenty of FUD going around, but that's directly caused by BFL's major problems.

We Fear the shipped product won't meet their claims because BFL keeps changing the claims.

We are Uncertain when they will ship because BFL keeps changing the ship date.

We Doubt they know what they're doing because BFL launched products solely based on a simulations.

The FUD is all BFLs fault.
Have you guys ever thought about heading over the office? Maybe they'll be courteous and give a small tour.

25E 12th Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64106
United States of America

Yeah...you didn't read this thread at all...

I hope I own 200 singles and a couple rig boxes before you guys are done.

I hope you end up owning something too, for that sizable interest free loan you handed out. All your comments lead me to believe that you don't understand the concept of a long con. Did you have a bunch of money in MyBitcoin, too?
vip

Why would you stupidly buy 200 singles for $120,000 if both products exist?
Plus 16 KW?  Hope your got a significant cooling system and electrical mains.

I'm glad you are so worried about me. I do have plenty of cooling and electrical. Thanks for asking.  Grin
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

Why would you stupidly buy 200 singles for $120,000 if both products exist?
Plus 16 KW?  Hope your got a significant cooling system and electrical mains.
vip
Please keep throwing the FUD around so I can mine with my singles at 10Mh per watt while the rest of you fight over who is more right about how BFL is a scam, they won't deliver, they fucked up, blah, blah, blah, blah.

So many people are 100% convinced that this is real while so many other people are 100% convinced it is a scam.

Hmmm, who to believe ?

Anyone with any common sense knows things never go according to plan. Anyone with skin in the game would have emailed BFL to get their questions answered. You will notice that every post where 1) someone asked for a refund or 2) has actually communicated with BFL regarding their order has had no issues or complaints.

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Please keep throwing the FUD around so I can mine with my singles at 10Mh per watt while the rest of you fight over who is more right about how BFL is a scam, they won't deliver, they fucked up, blah, blah, blah, blah.

So many people are 100% convinced that this is real while so many other people are 100% convinced it is a scam.

Hmmm, who to believe ?
vip

Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
I can't believe you guys are crying because someone might of made some mistakes. Clearly you guys are all perfect and when you build a product, your R&D is perfect and never a mistake is made. That's pretty amazing! I wish when I designed something I never made mistakes.

In reality people have high expectations on a product they are developing and in the hype might make mistakes in detailing some specs because they're exited. Not to mention all the stuff I have seen(yes I have been through the threads) on here and their site, if it is a scam it's a pretty damn good one. To go to the length of designing something that looks so real, and to be knowledgeable on the subject. Impressive.

Have you guys ever thought about heading over the office? Maybe they'll be courteous and give a small tour.

25E 12th Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64106
United States of America

Go for it.

The crap on this thread reminds me when the BF3 beta(the release for the matter) came out. People fucking flipped there shit because it wasn't PERFECT. I see this crap a lot now in Beta tests of multiple games. People expect so much and never leave space for reality. Everyone is so damn spoiled, they over hype everything and it never lives up. Let's all be realistic.
Pages:
Jump to: