Pages:
Author

Topic: 2019 Cricket World Cup - Discussion & Analysis - page 57. (Read 8123 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
I believe no one will be surprised that Sarfaraz captaincy is under threat, he has himself to be blamed for this mess. I’m not sure if Shoib Malik is the ideal candidate for the job, but then again there’re not many good candidates either.
Right now, there is no better choice than Shoaib Malik for Pakistan captaincy. Almost most of the player are still quite young and they do not have a previous captaincy experience. I would go all in all for Malik to be the captain for the world cup.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
The warm up matches will give some insights into the playing team and their current form as well. Though I am sure many new players would be given a chance into this warm up matches so that they can create a bench strength in case if their is an absence of the big player so that team might get the right combination.
It is not a good idea to experiment just before the big stage and that too in warm up matches in England where they will be playing the world cup, the experiment and testing the bench must be done well before the tournament and the full team must play those warm up matches to access the playing condition and to get accumulated to the weather, there is no point in checking the bench strength right at the verge of it and every team is testing their combination for the past one year and if they cannot find the right combination still, there is nothing they can do. Grin
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
The warm up matches will give some insights into the playing team and their current form as well. Though I am sure many new players would be given a chance into this warm up matches so that they can create a bench strength in case if their is an absence of the big player so that team might get the right combination.

I always like the idea of seeing players during warm up matches before a major tournament, as it gives you a clear idea about their fitness levels and shows the form they’re in.

I too think that Sarfaraz should not be the captain. Shoib Malik is a better choice for me. Sarfaraz is a good batsman and he should only carry that responsibilty in the world cup. He will do better. But as a captain, he will not be able to play better.

I believe no one will be surprised that Sarfaraz captaincy is under threat, he has himself to be blamed for this mess. I’m not sure if Shoib Malik is the ideal candidate for the job, but then again there’re not many good candidates either.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
I too think that Sarfaraz should not be the captain. Shoib Malik is a better choice for me. Sarfaraz is a good batsman and he should only carry that responsibilty in the world cup. He will do better. But as a captain, he will not be able to play better.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
~snip~
 Just like we did in 1983, Pakistan did in 1992.
Assuming you are from Pakistan.

Bhai, Indian  Smiley
I thought you are from Pakistan because you wrote "we" in your last message. It does not matter. Cricket is god in the East as far as I know. There are four nations who are playing test cricket from east. And Test cricket is the highest honer for a cricket player.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
~snip~
 Just like we did in 1983, Pakistan did in 1992.
Assuming you are from Pakistan.

Bhai, Indian  Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 32
Other than the Eng team, India is doing pretty good if they manage to get their combination right for playing X1 they no one can stop this team.
I would not be very surprised if India and England playing finals against each other.
England and India are the in form team for the past few years and they have a well rounded team with top players in their playing eleven, England does have a deep batting line up and they have the advantage of playing in their home town which makes things easier for them, but i am not sure about the groups both teams are in.

Australia is the underdog in this World cup or to some extent Afganistan too. this team can surprise any team in their day, they showed the determination in Asia cup.
I am not sure how they can be the underdog without Warner and Smith, if they are in the team they could have the potential to become the underdog.

Newzealand and Proteas are good teams too but they don't give much confidence as a team.
South Africa had better teams in the past which are world beaters and never performed well in the world cups and New Zealand are always the black horse in every world cup but they never performed that well in the past apart from 1992.

Personally, I would like to see Ind vs Pak in the world cup final. if it happens then everyone can imagine the excitement in the cricketing World and for sure lockdown in both countries during the match.
This would be a dream final, but the present situation of Pakistan team is not that great and i would not expect this even in my dreams as they are not in the best form for a very long time and they do not have great players who could change the match, that is not the case with India as they are having a great team who can conquer any opposition.
Yes some teamd were in the good stage of playing well in the world cup but most of the teams were need to improve they are playing quality more than before then only this world cup will be more interesting and more tougher to see
legendary
~snip~

We don't know what the future holds, there is always a chance for the surprise or facepalm moment, least expecting team winning the world cup. Just like we did in 1983, Pakistan did in 1992.
Assuming you are from Pakistan. You guys also got the last 2017 Champions trophy which no one thought that Pakistan will get that.

Pakistan is a very unpredictable team. If they work together and play as a team they can hurt hard the others butt hehe

Good luck guys.

Cheers :-)
legendary
England and India are the in form team for the past few years and they have a well rounded team with top players in their playing eleven, England does have a deep batting line up and they have the advantage of playing in their home town which makes things easier for them, but i am not sure about the groups both teams are in.

No group this time if I am not wrong, every team will play a total 9 matches against each team and top 4 teams will qualify for semis.

I am not sure how they can be the underdog without Warner and Smith, if they are in the team they could have the potential to become the underdog.

Warner-Smith in or out doesn't matter. this team basically fighting for their pride. they lost all legacy-credibility in last one year due to Ball-tampering saga. I agree that they are doing very bad atm but still, we have almost 3-4 months in the world cup. 

Smith will come back for sure, not sure about David Warner tho. he's considered as a bad boy in Australian cricket (Top level) due to his behavior. not to mention his disagreement with CA.

SouthAfrica is a big disappointment in ICC tournament. I used to feel bad for them or support them but after AB De Villiers... now I support them only in Red ball cricket.

We don't know what the future holds, there is always a chance for the surprise or facepalm moment, least expecting team winning the world cup. Just like we did in 1983, Pakistan did in 1992.
legendary

I will keep India ahead than England. India is predictable with consistency. The betting line up is worlds best and the bowling line up is sharper then so many times in the past.

England has a fair chance. Problem with England is that in big tournaments they lose the patience and give away the chances.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
Other than the Eng team, India is doing pretty good if they manage to get their combination right for playing X1 they no one can stop this team.
I would not be very surprised if India and England playing finals against each other.

Australia is the underdog in this World cup or to some extent Afganistan too. this team can surprise any team in their day, they showed the determination in Asia cup.

Newzealand and Proteas are good teams too but they don't give much confidence as a team.
South Africa had better teams in the past which are world beaters and never performed well in the world cups and New Zealand are always the black horse in every world cup but they never performed that well in the past apart from 1992.

Personally, I would like to see Ind vs Pak in the world cup final. if it happens then everyone can imagine the excitement in the cricketing World and for sure lockdown in both countries during the match.
This would be a dream final, but the present situation of Pakistan team is not that great and i would not expect this even in my dreams as they are not in the best form for a very long time and they do not have great players who could change the match, that is not the case with India as they are having a great team who can conquer any opposition.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 866
Seems like Sarfaraz is planning to try out different combinations in the current ODI series against South Africa to get the best possible combination ready for the 2019 World Cup:

'Have to identify our strengths ahead of World Cup' – Sarfaraz Ahmed

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/977260
Well Sarfaraz should learn on how to behave on the cricket field. A recent incident of him in the match against South Africa where is abused a SA player in his local language is not bearable at all especially when one is the captain of a team and is a representative of the whole country.
Lets see if he can remain captain on this next tours and on the World cup.
legendary
Hey Guys,

My favorite team for World cup is England because this team looks very balanced to me. they bat deep, got a couple of good allrounders and playing in their backyard. those days are gone when the host team used to lose in every world cup.

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557
All team has started preparing for the world cup and would definitely be looking to get their top 11 playing team right. It is very important to have the balanced side and having couple of all rounders in the team would just make them more stronger. Also with current different series happening among different countries can just be like a practice match to get the players form and technique noticed.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Glenn Maxwell the captain of Mitchell Johnson's World Cup squad

The pitches in England are quite different from the ones in sub-continent.

I agree. There's definitely a lot of difference in the pitch condition of South Africa and in the pitch condition of England.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 866
Seems like Sarfaraz is planning to try out different combinations in the current ODI series against South Africa to get the best possible combination ready for the 2019 World Cup:

Many teams can try different combinations to see what suit them best. While doing all these experiments the team should also consider the weather and pitch conditions in England.  The pitches in England are quite different from the ones in sub-continent. Playing with 5 bowlers is the key to success in England.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
Hey I’ll disagree as it’s disastrous to play in IPL ahead of the World Cup, while the players will definitely earn a lot of money in IPL, but there’s no greater glory than winning the World Cup. I don’t think the form in IPL can be carried forward in the World Cup, as both are different format tournaments. Also it’s pertinent to note that all the top teams will call back their players, as they’ll be keen to avoid any kind of injuries ahead of the World Cup.
The only fact which should be considered is injury, team will bafly suffer in case any of the player fall in injury. Other than this, there is no reason. Have you seen how present cricket has changed? Back in the days in 2003-2004, if a team scores 220+ in one day international, it would be a winning score but nowadays it is a too low score. Because t20 has an impact in one day too. All team play aggresive cricket. So, I think that will not be a problem.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

Pages:
Jump to: