Pages:
Author

Topic: 2019 Cricket World Cup - Discussion & Analysis - page 58. (Read 8123 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 111
I think during IPL the things would start getting much better for the teams as everyone would require the form to be their in the world cup and if somebody plays better in IPL and loses the form in world cup would be the worst thing. So it can turn around from IPL.
Why it will happen? Players will have a better warm up ahead to world cup. Nowadays, there is less difference between t20 and one day international. I think there will be no big problem.

Hey I’ll disagree as it’s disastrous to play in IPL ahead of the World Cup, while the players will definitely earn a lot of money in IPL, but there’s no greater glory than winning the World Cup. I don’t think the form in IPL can be carried forward in the World Cup, as both are different format tournaments. Also it’s pertinent to note that all the top teams will call back their players, as they’ll be keen to avoid any kind of injuries ahead of the World Cup.

Yes you are absolutely right while playing the IPL the system is totally different for that kind of tournament but when comes to the world cup you cannot be do like IPL it is more than that when you can win the World Cup then will be the original happiness will create in our society and in us also.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
I think during IPL the things would start getting much better for the teams as everyone would require the form to be their in the world cup and if somebody plays better in IPL and loses the form in world cup would be the worst thing. So it can turn around from IPL.
Why it will happen? Players will have a better warm up ahead to world cup. Nowadays, there is less difference between t20 and one day international. I think there will be no big problem.

Hey I’ll disagree as it’s disastrous to play in IPL ahead of the World Cup, while the players will definitely earn a lot of money in IPL, but there’s no greater glory than winning the World Cup. I don’t think the form in IPL can be carried forward in the World Cup, as both are different format tournaments. Also it’s pertinent to note that all the top teams will call back their players, as they’ll be keen to avoid any kind of injuries ahead of the World Cup.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316

It can be big problem because in T20 it is expected to go and hit and during this time their is a high chances of injury to the players. So this will be real test as players have to protect themselves form injury and also form the form. So this will be dilemma if to play IPL or to avoid and practice for the World cup.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
I will be read only for now but definitely will going to make some good comments on other user's analysis. Just waiting for a good point of view from other users.
I am looking forward to see some analysis here however I doubt it will be accurate. There are still a long time to start the tournament. By this time any team can have massive change.
You are right we have some long time for this world cup but as current form is going we can definitely says about few favorites for this for me its England, India and New Zealand surely going in semi final and fourth one is not easy as we have South Africa Australia and Pakistan any one can do any trick as its open spot. Good thing every team have to play 9 matches and all have equal chance to reach top four.

Activity: 896
Merit: 236
I will be read only for now but definitely will going to make some good comments on other user's analysis. Just waiting for a good point of view from other users.
I am looking forward to see some analysis here however I doubt it will be accurate. There are still a long time to start the tournament. By this time any team can have massive change.
You are right we have some long time for this world cup but as current form is going we can definitely says about few favorites for this for me its England, India and New Zealand surely going in semi final and fourth one is not easy as we have South Africa Australia and Pakistan any one can do any trick as its open spot. Good thing every team have to play 9 matches and all have equal chance to reach top four.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 866
ICC Chief Executive picks South Africa and England as favorite teams to win the world cup:

ICC Chief Executive David Richardson picks the favorites to win the World Cup

https://www.crictracker.com/icc-chief-executive-david-richardson-picks-the-favourites-to-win-the-world-cup/

“South Africa must be my favourites but if you ask me who can win it then it is anybody’s game. If England do not win at home, the No 1 team in the world right now, they’ll never win it,” he said in an interview to India Today.

South Africa is definitely not my favourites to win, as they always choke on the big stage time after time they have thrown it away I don't think they'll win it. England is my favourite to win it, they have the home ground advantage and in tournaments like this that's a major factor. Then I would consider Australia and India to be in the semis at least, these two got good teams but don't see either of them lifting the World Cup.

India might be one of the favorite considering their recent performances. England can also fancy their chances as the world cup is being played on their land and they are always favorite team on home ground.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
ICC Chief Executive picks South Africa and England as favorite teams to win the world cup:
England does have a real chance to win the tournament as they have a really good team but South Africa is not lucky enough to touch a world cup, they had better teams in the past and yet they could not lift the cup and i do not think they will lift this time too, India is at the top of the rankings but they are still struggling to fill in some spots in the batting line up but they have a good bowling line up, so i pick India and England to have a chance to win the cup.

Hey yes analysis here will definitely help in deciding whether one should play on the match or not, but I would advise caution as no one can get all predictions right. I'll once again repeat I feel team England are top contenders to win it, due to their home advantage. I feel they only have two obstacles team India, and team Australia and particularly it'll be interesting to see if Australia play smith and Warner in the cup. Also make sure you'll keep a close eye on the injuries picked during IPL, as it'll be Important to analyse those heading into World Cup.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2736
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
This is better OP so we can make an early analysis throught the event. Other users input here would be valuable especially to a the esports betting platform. This will also help the sport enthusiast to boost excitement from the analysis so here we go. Let us make make this thread now with full active discussions.

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Great, am i allowed to share this thread in main thread? or you can do it yourself  Cool its your child

Of course, you're free to post whatever you want on that thread! Who am I to tell you what to post and what not to? Grin
copper member
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Great, am i allowed to share this thread in main thread? or you can do it yourself  Cool its your child
legendary
Nice thread. didn't knew there was another thread for cricket here. how many threads we have? can we compile all thread in one list and share with main cricketing  thread. there are some knowledgeable guys in main thread "  Cricket match prediction discussions"

Well, as far as I know, we only have two "active" Cricket related threads:

1. Cricket match prediction discussions
2. 2019 Cricket World Cup - Discussion & Analysis

So I guess we don't need any compilation as of now. Tongue
copper member
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Nice thread. didn't knew there was another thread for cricket here. how many threads we have? can we compile all thread in one list and share with main cricketing  thread. there are some knowledgeable guys in main thread "  Cricket match prediction discussions"
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
Not agreed with him. South Africa can be a good one but England, come on. I pick India and Africa.

T20 is so much unpredictable game that just a single match if team plays well or bad the total game can change and suddenly even the top rated teams can be out of the finals and some lesser considered game changer team can enter the finals.
I think we are talking about one-day internationals. So, talking about T20 is totally off-topic here. Also, it rarely happens that the top-rated team loses a match against a lower team which is the same for one day too, even in soccer too.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
My opinion is that it's too early to pick a team. Hard to have the outright. I had a quick look in bet365 and according to them Oz has the most chances although I don't think they will be correct.

I guess there are good chances for India and England.

South Africa skipper, Faf du Plessis, just said the very same thing:

IPL 2019 just before World Cup is a concern: Faf du Plessis

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/ipl-2019-just-before-world-cup-is-a-concern-faf-du-plessis-5522427/

Moreover:

Cricket Australia (CA) and England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) have also directed their players to play in the IPL for a lesser duration to keep fit for the World Cup. Some of the notable names who backed out of the IPL were Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Aaron Finch, and Glenn Maxwell.

I'm not surprised to read Faf statements it's a logical thing to say, as winning the World Cup is the biggest honour one player can wish for. If you see some players get yearly fees by playing two months of IPL for them it suddenly becomes a tough choice too, money or glory for nation. It's pertinent to note that even during the previous IPL tournaments Australian and England players have shunned IPL for immediate tournaments to be injury free, so this was expected.
legendary
‘CWC 2019 once-in-a-generation opportunity’ – Tom Harrison

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/949923

The way he speaks in the article it feels like he already believes England will win the cup, though England is my first choice i will carefully study any injuries their players may have. I also feel other teams are not in great form going into this World Cup, and will be exhausted as many will come from playing IPL. The Indian team that is the strongest will not be fit, as playing in IPL will surely effect them, and I believe non IPL players have a edge in the cup.

I completely agree with that; shifting the focus from T20 format to ODI format takes time, and the players who're going to participate in the 2019 World Cup shouldn't really play in the leagues like IPL and PSL. The teams which are probably going to be distracted the most through these leagues include India, West Indies, and Pakistan. Roll Eyes

South Africa skipper, Faf du Plessis, just said the very same thing:

IPL 2019 just before World Cup is a concern: Faf du Plessis

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/ipl-2019-just-before-world-cup-is-a-concern-faf-du-plessis-5522427/

Moreover:

Cricket Australia (CA) and England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) have also directed their players to play in the IPL for a lesser duration to keep fit for the World Cup. Some of the notable names who backed out of the IPL were Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Aaron Finch, and Glenn Maxwell.
T20 is so much unpredictable game that just a single match if team plays well or bad the total game can change and suddenly even the top rated teams can be out of the finals and some lesser considered game changer team can enter the finals.
Pages:
Jump to: