Pages:
Author

Topic: 2019 Cryptocurrency (Elliott Wave) - page 9. (Read 7567 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
August 05, 2019, 05:11:15 PM

You're reading my mind right now. The bounces off the lower $9,000s look like a pretty typical flat B wave.

But I'm also getting nervous that my bearish bias is clouding my vision. I've been pretty adamant that from a time/proportion perspective, the correction is unlikely to be over yet, not for another month or more. Is it possible we're wrong about that?

Do you think a running correction like Jan-Mar 2017 is a possibility?
Activity: 541
Merit: 266
August 05, 2019, 04:56:17 PM

Activity: 161
Merit: 175
Hello World!
July 29, 2019, 05:56:22 AM
Great analysis as usual. Really appreciate your hard work...
Considering the analysis done on social media and tradingview, i can see that most of the analysists are expecting the 7-8k levels to be the optimal retracement and to go to the moon just afterwards.
Considering that bitcoin never does what is expected, I think the most likely and the bullish scenario is

A decline to $4350 (BITSTAMP) provides a warning signal to suggest the bull market may be over.

which will create huge panic in the market, all the analysists going back to bear views and expecting sub 1k s.
If we succeed to turn back from 4350 I think the bull will be really healthy, and the weak hands will be shaken.

Thanks a million for your analysis again...
July 28, 2019, 04:44:54 PM
123abc....:  Tremendous article, thanks for your insight, it really is appreciated.  I have two questions one simple, the other a thought.

1)  Is there a website you use to view the bitcoin scenario that offers monthly candles.  I'm using bitocoinwisdom.io and it only goes to weekly.  Your article comment on the shooting star I can't verify right now.

2)  When looking at your candle scenarios do they fall ABOVE the Bollinger 21 tick band (21 being a fibonacci number).  That is they open and close above the BB maximum.  Such a formation is extremely bearish (I only have failed on this once in over hundred tries in stock trades, never in GBTC), I'm referring to your relevant quote on the bearish scenario:  " ‘Shooting-Star’ and ‘Tweezer-Top’ pattern. A ‘Shooting-Star’ candlestick in an uptrend exhibits a long upper wick signalling a reversal. Two consecutive ‘Shooting-Star’ candlesticks form a ‘Tweezer-Top’ pattern"  

Bottom line,  a bollinger band represents a statistical certainty with some defects.  Although minor, the defects of the BB are that it's borders represent about an 88% confidence certainty instead of the 95% + represented by a 2 standard deviation variance.  It is however, very certain that an open and close candle above (OR BELOW) the BB represent, at least, an 88% chance of a reversal.  Which is why I follow this pattern looking for an investment chance (on a daily, not weekly or monthly basis).

Right now, the shooting star represented by the weekly (bitcoin wisdom chart) of 6/23 is all I have to go by and it opened and closed inside the BB, so it's probably ONLY a partial reversal indicator, that is, it will reverse when it closes, on a weekly at around the midpoint of the BB, a statistically stable reversal point, of about 7.5K.  The DAILY suggests we will see a reversal around 8.7K, so I'm looking to invest somewhere in between these two.

regards
oarmas

Thank you for sharing your technical insights.

1. The following book is a recommendation to understand Japanese Candlestick patterns:

Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques
      by Steve Nison (ISBN: 0735201811)
      https://ufile.io/e453rziz (6.5MB) [expires 31-AUG-2019]

2. No personal experience with Bollinger Bands, so can't comment or answer your query.

Here is a Bollinger Band applied to a monthly chart of Bitcoin with a band of 21 and standard deviation of 2:
      https://i.imgur.com/zJZhxB3.jpg

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
July 28, 2019, 01:49:17 PM
Amazing work as always 123abc. Thank you for the time and effort, and thanks for sharing. 
Activity: 12
Merit: 9
July 28, 2019, 12:37:17 PM
123abc....:  Tremendous article, thanks for your insight, it really is appreciated.  I have two questions one simple, the other a thought.

1)  Is there a website you use to view the bitcoin scenario that offers monthly candles.  I'm using bitocoinwisdom.io and it only goes to weekly.  Your article comment on the shooting star I can't verify right now.

2)  When looking at your candle scenarios do they fall ABOVE the Bollinger 21 tick band (21 being a fibonacci number).  That is they open and close above the BB maximum.  Such a formation is extremely bearish (I only have failed on this once in over hundred tries in stock trades, never in GBTC), I'm referring to your relevant quote on the bearish scenario:  " ‘Shooting-Star’ and ‘Tweezer-Top’ pattern. A ‘Shooting-Star’ candlestick in an uptrend exhibits a long upper wick signalling a reversal. Two consecutive ‘Shooting-Star’ candlesticks form a ‘Tweezer-Top’ pattern" 

Bottom line,  a bollinger band represents a statistical certainty with some defects.  Although minor, the defects of the BB are that it's borders represent about an 88% confidence certainty instead of the 95% + represented by a 2 standard deviation variance.  It is however, very certain that an open and close candle above (OR BELOW) the BB represent, at least, an 88% chance of a reversal.  Which is why I follow this pattern looking for an investment chance (on a daily, not weekly or monthly basis).

Right now, the shooting star represented by the weekly (bitcoin wisdom chart) of 6/23 is all I have to go by and it opened and closed inside the BB, so it's probably ONLY a partial reversal indicator, that is, it will reverse when it closes, on a weekly at around the midpoint of the BB, a statistically stable reversal point, of about 7.5K.  The DAILY suggests we will see a reversal around 8.7K, so I'm looking to invest somewhere in between these two.

regards
oarmas
legendary
July 27, 2019, 10:57:25 PM
Bull Scenario (Preferred)

Thank you for the update, xxxx123abcxxxx!

Your bull scenario is very much in line with my analysis. I think we have one more leg down to go in the short term before bulls get a reprieve and we get a sizeable bounce. The $12K area looks right if we stab below $9K first.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a complex/sideways WXY to develop rather than a typical flat; Bitcoin often likes to shoot it's wad on the initial crash from the top then meander sideways before continuing up.

Bear Scenario (Alternative)

I'd be amazed if that was a primary fifth wave already, but I can't say it's impossible!

Thanks again for sharing.
July 27, 2019, 09:41:44 PM
2019 Cryptocurrency (Elliott Wave): Inflection Point
https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/cipwdi/2019_cryptocurrency_elliott_wave_inflection_point/

From the 2018 bear market low set on 15-DEC-2018, the Bitcoin bull market has gained 340% into the high of 26-JUN-2019. Since then, the largest pullback of the 2019 bull market has been underway, thus far a 35% decline heading into AUG-2019.

From an Elliott Wave perspective, two scenarios can now be considered at this inflection point: a continuing Bull Scenario (Preferred) or a Bear Scenario (Alternative).

In either scenario, the following Elliott Wave model proposes a five wave structure, consisting of: three advancing bull market waves, interwoven with two declining bear market waves. Overlaying this model onto Bitcoin suggests:

Code:
Wave 1: the first bull market wave 2010-2013 (1219 days), followed by;
Wave 2: the first bear market wave 2013-2015 (426 days), followed by;
Wave 3: the second bull market wave 2015-2018 (1065 days), followed by;
Wave 4: the second bear market wave 2018-2019 (363 days), followed by;
Wave 5: the third and final bull market wave 2019-?

The five aforementioned have been considered as PRIMARY degree waves —such waves elapse the course of a few months to a couple of years. Each PRIMARY degree wave is constituted of five INTERMEDIATE degree waves; and in turn, so forth into smaller degree fractals.

The continuing bull market scenario suggests the first INTERMEDIATE leg of PRIMARY[5] has completed, and four more INTERMEDIATE degree waves are yet to unfold; either meeting or exceeding the all-time highs of PRIMARY[3] wave.

The alternative bear market scenario suggests PRIMARY[5] has completed in entirety, and failed to meet or exceed the all-time highs of PRIMARY[3] wave. In Elliott Wave parlance, this is known as a ‘failed-fifth’ or a ‘truncated’ wave.

Bull Scenario (Preferred)

The preferred scenario suggests a continuing bull market is underway. PRIMARY[5] wave started from the 06-FEB-2019 low, and has completed its first leg labelled as INTERMEDIATE(1) wave at the 26-JUN-2019 high.

INTERMEDIATE(2) wave pullback is currently underway and expected to complete at the following Fibonacci retracement levels, using BITSTAMP prices:

Code:
@8500: 50.0% Fibonacci retracement from 15-DEC-2018 to 26-JUN-2019 (min expected zone)
@7230: 61.8% Fibonacci retracement from 15-DEC-2018 to 26-JUN-2019 (avg expected zone)
@5425: 78.6% Fibonacci retracement from 15-DEC-2018 to 26-JUN-2019 (max expected zone)
@4350: 88.6% Fibonacci retracement from 15-DEC-2018 to 26-JUN-2019 (WARNING)

Once INTERMEDIATE(2) pullback completes, INTERMEDIATE(3) wave is expected to resume the PRIMARY[5] bull market to meet and exceed the all-time highs of PRIMARY[3] wave.

Where the PRIMARY[5] bull market ends is open to interpretation and speculation. There are calls of $50,000 to $500,000 to $1,000,000 and even beyond…!

From an Elliott Wave perspective: A common wave relationship guides the price of the fifth wave to be equal to; or extend a Fibonacci 1.618 times; the length from the low of the first wave through to the high of third wave; projected from the low of the fourth wave. This provides a conservative target of the current bull market to conclude between $22,912 and $35,127, calculated using the BraveNewCoin (BLX) index:

Code:
@22912: PRIMARY[5] = (PRIMARY[1] + PRIMARY[3]) * 1
@35127: PRIMARY[5] = (PRIMARY[1] + PRIMARY[3]) * 1.618

As and when the waves develop and progress, or in the event of subdividing and extending waves, revised price targets shall be calculated with renewed projections.

If the current INTERMEDIATE(2) pullback retraces a Fibonacci 78.6% of the entire 15-DEC-2018 to 26-JUN-2019 uptrend, then the bull market has a 50/50 odds of resuming.

A retracement to the Fibonacci 88.6% level is the first warning signal to suggest the bull market may be over.

A decline to the 06-FEB-2019 low confirms the bull market is over.

Bear Scenario (Alternative)

The alternative bear market scenario suggests the 2019 bull market was a short-lived affair, and PRIMARY[5] terminated as a failed-fifth truncated wave.

In this scenario, a CYCLE[II] wave pullback is now underway and headed to break below the 2018 low.

The following technical analysis motivations, in order of significance, support the bear market scenario:

1. The cryptocurrency market breadth represented by the Altcoins have failed to materially participate in the 2019 bull market. The majority of Altcoins are currently approaching their respective 2018 lows.

2. The last two monthly candles of Bitcoin, i.e. JUN-2019 and JUL-2019, are equivalent in formation to DEC-2017 and JAN-2018. Both sets of candlesticks formed a bearish ‘Shooting-Star’ and ‘Tweezer-Top’ pattern. A ‘Shooting-Star’ candlestick in an uptrend exhibits a long upper wick signalling a reversal. Two consecutive ‘Shooting-Star’ candlesticks form a ‘Tweezer-Top’ pattern: where the close price of the first candlestick is equal to the opening price of the second. A monthly close above $10,760 is required to obviate the bearish scenario:

3. Perhaps superficial but worth consideration, is the current daily price action fractal which bears similarity to the 2017 top:

Inflection Point Summary

—A decline to $5425 (BITSTAMP) puts the bull market at 50/50 odds of survival.

—A decline to $4350 (BITSTAMP) provides a warning signal to suggest the bull market may be over.

—A decline to the 06-FEB-2019 low confirms the bull is over.

—A monthly close above $10760 (BITSTAMP) provides a signal to suggest the bull market is resuming.

Code:
29-JUL-2019: Bitcoin CME Futures Settlement
30-JUL-2019: BoJ Monetary Policy Statement
31-JUL-2019: FOMC Interest Rate Decision
01-AUG-2019: BoE Interest Rate Decision
02-AUG-2019: Nonfarm Payrolls

Speculation is indicative of price/structure, not time.

legendary
July 27, 2019, 02:15:16 PM
The month is ending, and we didnt see 5k nor 7k. Will we have a new Elliott Wave analysis?

Was he was ever aiming as low as $5K? I didn't think so. Anyway, his projection indicates price/structure, not time. I don't think he has any reason to change the count yet, as nothing has been invalidated.

From EW perspective, we could still be on track for $7K (although I think that's too far to expect myself).
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073
July 27, 2019, 02:11:33 PM
The month is ending, and we didnt see 5k nor 7k. Will we have a new Elliott Wave analysis?

Not sure where you got those numbers. As far as I can see, the last analysis (on this very page) tells nothing about 5k or 7k this month. I assume it is still actual, though it might benefit from a little update.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 347
July 27, 2019, 11:03:00 AM
July 02, 2019, 07:45:11 PM
Please Help Me to under stand Elite Wave in BITCOIN..? Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
" as per your previous Elite Wave theory you show me how bear market will continuance for 2 year cycle and you also mention "
as off no i really look like struggle for how to understand market behavior..? and i can't able to understand elite wave theory currently.
i am not able to apply formula on bitcoin chart, are we in ABC corrections Or WXY Wave ..? Please Help Me to under stand Elite Wave in BITCOIN

The last post of the 2018 Cryptocurrency Crash (Elliott Wave) thread mentioned the following:

At this stage, the market would have to exceed $5890 BITFINEX to confirm a new bull market.
Exceeding $5178 BITFINEX would provide an early signal to consider a potential change of trend.

Since 05-APR-2019, the following two Elliott Wave scenarios are currently under consideration; either:

1. The current 2019 bull market is a wave-5 of Primary degree heading towards new all-time highs; or,
2. The current 2019 bull market is a wave-X of Primary degree as part of an all overall bearish W-X-Y structure.

The aforementioned scenarios have thus far been tracked in the following posts:

05-APR-2019 Cryptocurrency (Elliott Wave): Bull Market…?
      https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50467456

20-APR-2019 Cryptocurrency (Elliott Wave): Easter Update
      https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50681435

12-MAY-2019 Cryptocurrency (Elliott Wave): Sell In May And Go Away?
      https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.51017295

17-JUN-2019 Cryptocurrency (Elliott Wave): Solstice Update
      https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.51505513

The following book is a recommendation to understand Elliott Wave theory:

Elliott Wave Principle: Key To Market Behavior
      by A.J. Frost, Robert R. Prechter (ISBN: 9780471988496)
      https://ufile.io/a2zr6ofv (78MB) [expires 01-AUG-2019]

The following guesswork summarizes the preferred Elliott Wave model of this thread thus far (indicative of price/structure, not time):

Hope the above answers your questions.

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
July 02, 2019, 07:37:30 AM
Since the 06-FEB-2019 low, Bitcoin has surged to retrace a Fibonacci 61.8% of the entire 2018 bear market, thus far into the final week of JUN-2019. True to form, the 2019 bull market has unfolded in subdividing and extending parabolic curves.

From an Elliott Wave standpoint, the 2019 bull market may be modelled as follows:

https://i.imgur.com/Tf6Y348.jpg

Code:
+ Wave-1 (06-FEB — 23-APR)  : subdivided into smaller degree impulsive waves.
- Wave-2 (23-APR — 25-APR)  : a simple Zig Zag correction.
+ Wave-3 (25-APR — 14-MAY)  : a parabolic rise.
- Wave-4 (14-MAY — 09-JUN)  : a complex Running Flat correction.
+ Wave-5 (06-JUN — 26-JUN?) : a parabolic rise.

The advancing Wave-3 and Wave-5 have subdivided and extended as parabolic curves, the nature of which have been challenging to study and predict. Mania-driven markets are just about impossible to forecast as the waves extend and subdivide fractally.

A speculative look into the structure of Wave-5 which started from the 06-JUN low to 26-JUN(?) high is detailed as follows, using COINBASE:

https://i.imgur.com/zKGFgGR.png

Any additional advance may be resisted by the following Fibonacci retracement zones, using BITSTAMP:

Code:
@13340: Fibonacci 61.8% retracement of the entire 2018 bear market.
@16125: Fibonacci 78.6% retracement of the entire 2018 bear market.
@17780: Fibonacci 88.6% retracement of the entire 2018 bear market.

The reduced price action of a non-continuous contract may offer clarity with parabolic waves. Using the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) fund as a proxy, it appears a couple of additional waves may still be outstanding to complete the waveset:

https://i.imgur.com/I4CZRgI.jpg

The 2019+ bull market is expected to unfold in five INTERMEDIATE degree legs: three advancing, interwoven with two declining. This waveset of five INTERMEDIATE degree legs is expected to complete an overall PRIMARY degree wave.

Should the aforementioned Fibonacci resistance zones fail to conclude the first leg of the bull market, and if price action marches to new all-time highs; then the advance may be considered as the entirety of the bull market inclusive of all legs:

https://i.imgur.com/0s0uRRd.jpg

Given the unanticipated surge in regards to both price and time; an advance to new all-time highs, without a notable pullback first, may suggest the advance is the fifth and final PRIMARY wave in its entirety.

A common wave relationship guides the price of the fifth wave to be equal to, or extend a Fibonacci 1.618 times, the length from the low of the first wave through to the high of third wave, projected from the low of the fourth wave. This provides a conservative target of the current bull market to conclude between $22912 and $35127, calculated using the BraveNewCoin (BLX) index…

Code:

A more orderly paced scenario would consider the 2019 advance as the first leg of the bull market nearing completion. Which when complete, leads to the first notable pullback, followed by a resumption of the uptrend:

https://i.imgur.com/XRjl4M2.jpg

Adjusted and renewed targets can be expected in the event of subdividing and extending waves.

Should the first leg of the bull market be nearing completion, the following expected pullback zones can be defined via Fibonacci retracement levels, using BITSTAMP prices:

Code:
@8500: 50.0% Fibonacci retracement (min expected zone)
@7200: 61.8% Fibonacci retracement (avg expected zone)
@5435: 78.6% Fibonacci retracement (max expected zone)
@4360: 88.6% Fibonacci retracement

https://i.imgur.com/mkfgF8O.jpg

The uptrend from the 06-FEB low to 26-JUN high thus far is 140 days. If downtrend elapses in half the time, say 70 days, it may be over by early SEP.

A decline to the 88.6% Fibonacci zone may provide the first signal to suggest a faltering bull market. A decline to the 06-FEB-2019 low would terminate the bull market.

Such a scenario would propose a cyclical (i.e. short-term) bull market, in an overall ongoing secular (i.e. long-term) bear market. The 2018 low would be labelled as wave-W, the current 2019 bull market as wave-X, followed by the resumption of the secular bear market labelled as wave-Y to break below the 2018 low. Complex composite wave structures are often behaviours of commodity and currency markets:

https://i.imgur.com/0AIPD3g.jpg

Code:
28-JUN-2019: Bitcoin CME Futures Expiry
28-JUN-2019: G20 Summit

Please Help Me to under stand Elite Wave in BITCOIN..? Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

initial expectation for the second leg bear market is towards $4,257 (BITFINEX) which marks a Fibonacci 78.6% retracement of the entire Bitcoin market which begins the ‘despair’ state of affairs; where reality of the bubble bursting only just is grasped as the 'blow-off' phase gains momentum.

Based on historical manias, when a speculative asset bubble bursts, an approx 90%-95% collapse unravels in a period of 2 years:

—thebubblebubble.com/historic-crashes
—en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stock_market_crashes_and_bear_markets

Chronicles of historical manias suggest the cryptocurrency bear market is likely to conclude by late 2019 or early 2020, with Bitcoin priced between $500 to $1,000.

It is musing to project whether or not Bitcoin survives the crash.

Commodities and currencies, and assets deemed as a store of value, unfold in A-B-C Elliott Waves in both bull and bear markets. Whereas assets such as stocks based on earnings unfold in 1-2-3-4-5 impulsive Elliott Waves in bull markets, and corrective A-B-C Elliott Waves in bear markets.

The wave characteristics of Bitcoin and the popular cryptocurrencies have unfolded in 1-2-3-4-5 impulsive Elliott Waves in bull markets, and corrective A-B-C Elliott Waves in bear markets.

Given the nature of wave characteristics, this suggests the behaviour cryptocurrencies cannot be considered as a currency nor a commodity; and so therefore in their current state, shall never be adopted as robust mediums of exchange for goods and services or as a storage medium of value.

Quite possibly, a second generation of viable cryptocurrencies may emerge in post 2020. Either way, the days of speculative parabolic price curves in the cryptocurrency markets is over, and any hopes of a return to the all-time highs is foolish hodlr's fodder.

Elliott Wave speculative models indicative of price and structure, not time; as follows:

" as per your previous Elite Wave theory you show me how bear market will continuance for 2 year cycle and you also mention "

Any of the aforementioned approx price levels based on Fibonacci projections are potential targets of where the 2018 bear market may conclude.

Should price retrace below the Fibonacci 78.6% of the entire Bitcoin market, i.e. below the psychological $4,000 level; it may suggest the bear market extends into 2019 with an expectation of a 90%-95% decline of the entire Bitcoin market to approx $1,000 by 2020. Such a scenario would be consistent with the collapse of other historical asset mania bubble bursts, which typically elapse 2 years on average: thebubblebubble.com/historic-crashes

"and also you give a point where this wave can go further"

Bear Market Inflection Points

—A break below the 11-OCT-2018 low of $6,055 would be the first indication to suggest the bear market is still underway.
—A break below the 14-AUG-2018 low of $5,880 would confirm the ongoing bear market.
—A break below $4,000 may suggest an extended bear market leading to a 90%-95% collapse of the entire Bitcoin market by 2020.

Bull Market Inflection Points

—A break above the 15-OCT-2018 high of $6,756 would be the first indication to suggest a bull market may be commencing.
—A break above the 04-SEP-2018 high of $7,412 would likely confirm a bull market is underway.

as off no i really look like struggle for how to understand market behavior..? and i can't able to understand elite wave theory currently.
i am not able to apply formula on bitcoin chart, are we in ABC corrections Or WXY Wave ..? Please Help Me to under stand Elite Wave in BITCOIN
Hello World!
June 28, 2019, 02:12:29 PM
Your complex scenario seems to be perfectly playing both price and time. I am not convinced for the bull yet.
I would love to see your thoughts and updates about it.
Thanks for your great work.

It's okay not to be convinced, but make sure to stay open to alternative theories. The biggest pitfall of EW analysis is getting married to a specific count, then continually reworking the count as it gets repeatedly invalidated. I struggled with this a lot years ago. Sometimes being "not convinced for the bull" really means "I can't see past my bear bias."

This is why it's good to always have at least two different counts you are tracking. Which count is ultimately correct may only be obvious in hindsight, hence the danger of becoming too attached to the wrong one.

My thoughts are definitely more in line with xxxx123abcxxxx's bull count. Of course, we won't be able to discard the complex bear correction scenario for quite some time yet.

thank you so much for the merit, I really do appreciate it!
June 27, 2019, 02:27:26 AM
Since the 06-FEB-2019 low, Bitcoin has surged to retrace a Fibonacci 61.8% of the entire 2018 bear market, thus far into the final week of JUN-2019. True to form, the 2019 bull market has unfolded in subdividing and extending parabolic curves.

From an Elliott Wave standpoint, the 2019 bull market may be modelled as follows:

Code:
+ Wave-1 (06-FEB — 23-APR)  : subdivided into smaller degree impulsive waves.
- Wave-2 (23-APR — 25-APR)  : a simple Zig Zag correction.
+ Wave-3 (25-APR — 14-MAY)  : a parabolic rise.
- Wave-4 (14-MAY — 09-JUN)  : a complex Running Flat correction.
+ Wave-5 (06-JUN — 26-JUN?) : a parabolic rise.

The advancing Wave-3 and Wave-5 have subdivided and extended as parabolic curves, the nature of which have been challenging to study and predict. Mania-driven markets are just about impossible to forecast as the waves extend and subdivide fractally.

A speculative look into the structure of Wave-5 which started from the 06-JUN low to 26-JUN(?) high is detailed as follows, using COINBASE:

Any additional advance may be resisted by the following Fibonacci retracement zones, using BITSTAMP:

Code:
@13340: Fibonacci 61.8% retracement of the entire 2018 bear market.
@16125: Fibonacci 78.6% retracement of the entire 2018 bear market.
@17780: Fibonacci 88.6% retracement of the entire 2018 bear market.

The reduced price action of a non-continuous contract may offer clarity with parabolic waves. Using the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) fund as a proxy, it appears a couple of additional waves may still be outstanding to complete the waveset:

The 2019+ bull market is expected to unfold in five INTERMEDIATE degree legs: three advancing, interwoven with two declining. This waveset of five INTERMEDIATE degree legs is expected to complete an overall PRIMARY degree wave.

Should the aforementioned Fibonacci resistance zones fail to conclude the first leg of the bull market, and if price action marches to new all-time highs; then the advance may be considered as the entirety of the bull market inclusive of all legs:

Given the unanticipated surge in regards to both price and time; an advance to new all-time highs, without a notable pullback first, may suggest the advance is the fifth and final PRIMARY wave in its entirety.

A common wave relationship guides the price of the fifth wave to be equal to, or extend a Fibonacci 1.618 times, the length from the low of the first wave through to the high of third wave, projected from the low of the fourth wave. This provides a conservative target of the current bull market to conclude between $22912 and $35127, calculated using the BraveNewCoin (BLX) index…

Code:

A more orderly paced scenario would consider the 2019 advance as the first leg of the bull market nearing completion. Which when complete, leads to the first notable pullback, followed by a resumption of the uptrend:

Adjusted and renewed targets can be expected in the event of subdividing and extending waves.

Should the first leg of the bull market be nearing completion, the following expected pullback zones can be defined via Fibonacci retracement levels, using BITSTAMP prices:

Code:
@8500: 50.0% Fibonacci retracement (min expected zone)
@7200: 61.8% Fibonacci retracement (avg expected zone)
@5435: 78.6% Fibonacci retracement (max expected zone)
@4360: 88.6% Fibonacci retracement

The uptrend from the 06-FEB low to 26-JUN high thus far is 140 days. If downtrend elapses in half the time, say 70 days, it may be over by early SEP.

A decline to the 88.6% Fibonacci zone may provide the first signal to suggest a faltering bull market. A decline to the 06-FEB-2019 low would terminate the bull market.

Such a scenario would propose a cyclical (i.e. short-term) bull market, in an overall ongoing secular (i.e. long-term) bear market. The 2018 low would be labelled as wave-W, the current 2019 bull market as wave-X, followed by the resumption of the secular bear market labelled as wave-Y to break below the 2018 low. Complex composite wave structures are often behaviours of commodity and currency markets:

Code:

June 26, 2019, 08:05:40 PM
Guys, sorry for spoiling this pure technical discussion (which I don't fully understand, but appreciate a lot regardless), just wanted to talk about fundamentals a little bit. Does anyone think this rally could have been fueled by Libra announcement, with general masses getting aware (or getting reminded) of cryptocurrency. Facebook with its sheep userbase could be a major factor in adoption (or better to say, in awareness) of Bitcoin; where I live people are pretty skeptical in general (and in regards to Bitcoin specifically), Bitcoin awareness is maybe 1000x less than participation in FB. Few people already referred to FB cryptocurrency in our conversations - those were the ones who know about Bitcoin, but never considered it seriously.
From the other hand, I am not sure a pure announcement could have such an impact.

Any opinions?

P.S. Greetings to xxxx123abcxxxx Smiley. I was not posting here, but I surely read this thread. Didn't post, just because the main point of our disagreement on the old thread seems to be resolved (hopefully), and here we see pure technical, quite interesting analysis, without questionable long-term predictions you were making in the old thread.

The mainstream media certainly has implied causation of Bitcoin's surge to Facebook's Libra cryptocurrency.

But if the marketplace truly is a discounting mechanism of future events, then the markets discount all possible scenarios, and move in the most probable direction; the Elliott Wave theory attempts to visually map the totality of all events.

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073
June 26, 2019, 06:29:10 AM
Guys, sorry for spoiling this pure technical discussion (which I don't fully understand, but appreciate a lot regardless), just wanted to talk about fundamentals a little bit. Does anyone think this rally could have been fueled by Libra announcement, with general masses getting aware (or getting reminded) of cryptocurrency. Facebook with its sheep userbase could be a major factor in adoption (or better to say, in awareness) of Bitcoin; where I live people are pretty skeptical in general (and in regards to Bitcoin specifically), Bitcoin awareness is maybe 1000x less than participation in FB. Few people already referred to FB cryptocurrency in our conversations - those were the ones who know about Bitcoin, but never considered it seriously.
From the other hand, I am not sure a pure announcement could have such an impact.

Any opinions?

P.S. Greetings to xxxx123abcxxxx Smiley. I was not posting here, but I surely read this thread. Didn't post, just because the main point of our disagreement on the old thread seems to be resolved (hopefully), and here we see pure technical, quite interesting analysis, without questionable long-term predictions you were making in the old thread.
June 25, 2019, 08:49:16 PM
Your complex scenario seems to be perfectly playing both price and time. I am not convinced for the bull yet.

It's okay not to be convinced, but make sure to stay open to alternative theories. The biggest pitfall of EW analysis is getting married to a specific count, then continually reworking the count as it gets repeatedly invalidated. I struggled with this a lot years ago. Sometimes being "not convinced for the bull" really means "I can't see past my bear bias."

This is why it's good to always have at least two different counts you are tracking. Which count is ultimately correct may only be obvious in hindsight, hence the danger of becoming too attached to the wrong one.

My thoughts are definitely more in line with xxxx123abcxxxx's bull count. Of course, we won't be able to discard the complex bear correction scenario for quite some time yet.

you are totally right my friend... thanks for warning me. Unfortunately, EW has that downside. However the main reason why I am not convinced is the volume and altcoin movements. Of course I am aware of one of the biggest reasons for the 2017 bull start was the tether printing which we have again... But still the volume is not convincing for me...
But again I agree with marrying a specific count issue, that is one of my weaknesses too... I was so convinced that the bear has not ended so maybe still I am trapped in that phase.

Whilst is does appear and feel like the wave-x complex scenario is playing out; the details show the waves are so far unfolding impulsively, and thus implying the wave-5 simple scenario is currently in progress.

Either of the following situations are required to qualify the wave-x scenario:

1. A drop below the 06-JUN low, followed by another advance which develops in corrective waves instead of impulsive; or,
2. A drop below the 06-FEB low.

The market has now surpassed the 50% Fibonacci retracement of the entire 2018 bear market. The next major Fibonacci retracements are:

1. the 61.8% (13350/BITSTAMP)
2. the 78.6% (16125/BITSTAMP)

Given such Fibonacci levels are widely observed, it is unlikely the market terminates precisely at these levels.

A monthly view of the wave structure illustrates the sizes of the impulsive waves, since the 2019 bull market began from the FEB lows; using BITFINEX:

• wave-1: 67%
  • wave-3: 63%
  • wave-5: 59% (so far, 25-JUN)

At this point in time, another 10% for wave-5, and it meets the average of wave-1 and wave-3.

The following 4hr chart provides a speculative view of how wave-5 may be currently unfolding, since the 06-JUN lows; using COINBASE:

Code:

Hello World!
June 25, 2019, 05:34:54 PM

you are totally right my friend... thanks for warning me. Unfortunately, EW has that downside. However the main reason why I am not convinced is the volume and altcoin movements. Of course I am aware of one of the biggest reasons for the 2017 bull start was the tether printing which we have again... But still the volume is not convincing for me...
But again I agree with marrying a specific count issue, that is one of my weaknesses too... I was so convinced that the bear has not ended so maybe still I am trapped in that phase.
legendary
June 25, 2019, 03:44:49 PM

Pages:
Jump to: