Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 2007. (Read 879298 times)

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
March 10, 2020, 04:03:06 PM
This may be weird but I'm currently rooting for Boston Celtics to get on the final with lakers and if they win that championship game, Tacko Fall will have the huge success of his life in the NBA. in the playoff anything can happen.

It's ok to root to your desired team. We have our own favorites in the first place.

However, in case that happens, I don't see that as a huge success of Tacko Fall's NBA life. His name is just a part of the Boston Celtics roster but without any contribution, he will not feel literally the experience of being a champion.

And I'm not also sure if a player under a two-way contract will also own a championship ring even they are officially listed on the roster as in the case of Tacko, he mostly played in G-League.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 283
March 10, 2020, 11:38:04 AM
I think it is always hard for any team to lose their superstar and suddenly keep going to win. You have to get adjusted to play without your superstar to be decent at least, no team could continue to be as good as they are without the superstar, of course they will get worse but they need a bit of time to adjust to reach that 100% potential they could be without the superstar as well. Give them 10 games without Giannis and they will reach a place where they are still worst than when they are with Giannis but they would be better than their current situation as well.

Look at raptors for example, they got enough time to be a team and right now they are still decent, surely not as good as when they had Kawhi and will probably not go to finals again this year, but they didn't suddenly start sucking and become horrible neither.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 604
March 10, 2020, 09:55:42 AM
2nd game of the Bucks with Giannis and their 2nd loses also, now we can say that Giannis is the heart and soul of the Bucks, without him this team will struggle. Per his status, https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/player/29932/giannis-antetokounmpo,, he already sit down 2 games, so he is expected to play in the 3rd game, hopefully by then, the bucks will keep winning again.
They'll have plenty of rest and figure out why they loss, and at the same time it could give Giannis more days to rest.
Their last game was their last game road games also, they will be back at home against the Celtics and for sure with Giannis, so let's see if they'll be back to normal again.

The lost against Nuggets was not that big though, I mean yes the Nuggets was in the lead most of the game, but they stay close could be winnable if they were able to put some defensive stops in the end. Obviously, Giannis is the heart and soul of the team, they will continue to struggle, but let's see if he can play against the Celtics at home.

The way I see it, its big enough, what matters here is the final score, and the final score was 95-109, Nuggets beat them by 14 points and that was not a close game, if they are good they should not allow the Nuggets to pull away in the fourth quarter and in every quarter, that's the most important.
asu
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1135
March 10, 2020, 09:54:01 AM
2nd game of the Bucks with Giannis and their 2nd loses also, now we can say that Giannis is the heart and soul of the Bucks, without him this team will struggle. Per his status, https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/player/29932/giannis-antetokounmpo,, he already sit down 2 games, so he is expected to play in the 3rd game, hopefully by then, the bucks will keep winning again.

Yeah, and I don't like it.
They are supposed to be a team.
Even when Giannis is not playing they are also supposed to win some of the games.
Middleton is there, an all star. Bledsoe is there and then the 2 Lopez's.
They have the roster to beat teams like the Suns which is in the lowest seed and also the Nuggets despite being difficult.

If I am the coach, I won't be happy with this kind of results.

Bucks lossing to Nuggets were becuase of their 3 main scoring players was out.

Giannis is not playing...
Middleton as well...
and Bledsoe too having an injury that take him out for their game today.

Meanwhile, the Raptors won to Jazz in a score of 101-92.
The combination of Siakam, Ibaka and Lowry. It seems like Clarkson the lucky item of Jazz was not doing well.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
March 10, 2020, 09:48:13 AM
do not follow much this season, but it was never like this that almost 20 matches before play-off we know which teams will be in the play-off, since there is four to six wins difference between team on position eight and position nine, on east/west respectively. Lakers can get the title, after miserable seasons last decade, Bucks are great last three season, but do not have what you need to get the title, they will be out prior to final match from Boston or Toronto
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
March 10, 2020, 09:42:55 AM

Even when Giannis is not playing they are also supposed to win some of the games.
They have the roster to beat teams like the Suns which is in the lowest seed and also the Nuggets despite being difficult.

The heat and the Celtics are different, even if they don't have their star player, they can still win against any team.
Two loses in a row with a bad margin, feels like there is a hole in the team and that hole was only filled by Giannis, without him this team is not special.

Reason why the management had announce in advance that they'll max out Giannis contract as they don't want Giannis to leave the Bucks.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2853733-bucks-gm-says-giannis-antetokounmpo-will-be-offered-supermax-contract-in-2020
Activity: 2870
Merit: 642
March 10, 2020, 09:24:09 AM

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542
March 10, 2020, 09:00:29 AM
They'll have plenty of rest and figure out why they loss, and at the same time it could give Giannis more days to rest.
Their last game was their last game road games also, they will be back at home against the Celtics and for sure with Giannis, so let's see if they'll be back to normal again.

The lost against Nuggets was not that big though, I mean yes the Nuggets was in the lead most of the game, but they stay close could be winnable if they were able to put some defensive stops in the end. Obviously, Giannis is the heart and soul of the team, they will continue to struggle, but let's see if he can play against the Celtics at home.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 604
March 10, 2020, 05:22:33 AM
Activity: 2912
Merit: 674
March 10, 2020, 03:22:44 AM
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
March 09, 2020, 09:40:36 PM
For sure they will meet in the playoffs, but in the later stage as it's not likely that any of the team will have an early exit.
Lakers did pretty well with Davis and James playing together with their good defense and offense, we shall see it in the playoffs and they'll show even more, so let's hope this team would continue to be healthy especially their star players.

Might as well include P. George and K. Leonard playing tremendously both offense and in defense. The fact that clippers will always be a threatening team to Lakers. Lebron stopped Kawhi yesterday, but who knows who'll win up to the very last match-up of this two great rivals. A king vs a dark horse, sound pretty interesting.
I like the term of being a dark horse, they are quietly working to enhance the chance of beating the lakers, what we've seen last night probably the preview of possible semis or west finals. I like the way Clippers accepting the challenge and works with potential adjustments, knowing PG and Leonard
both have that instinct to win.
asu
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1135
March 09, 2020, 08:58:00 PM
For sure they will meet in the playoffs, but in the later stage as it's not likely that any of the team will have an early exit.
Lakers did pretty well with Davis and James playing together with their good defense and offense, we shall see it in the playoffs and they'll show even more, so let's hope this team would continue to be healthy especially their star players.

Might as well include P. George and K. Leonard playing tremendously both offense and in defense. The fact that clippers will always be a threatening team to Lakers. Lebron stopped Kawhi yesterday, but who knows who'll win up to the very last match-up of this two great rivals. A king vs a dark horse, sound pretty interesting.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 666
March 09, 2020, 06:47:59 PM
That is the difference between Lakers and Clippers, Lakers have a deep bench that could help them whenever someone is cold, clippers no longer has that.

Didn't you know that the Los Angeles Clippers currently have the best performing bench players in this season? So no way the bench is the reason why Clippers lose.

We can't hide the fact that Avery Bradley now finally step up for the Lakers. It's not his usual. While on the other hand, Beverly seems not on his game mood which also not his usual.

There should be no exact reason to looked at as both teams are healthy in that game and they do their best. Let's judge them instead after we see the result in a series match if ever they will meet in the playoffs.
There are lots of factors that can really affect teams effectiveness on a particular game.We should consider that LAC is still ahead of them when in talks of match-up winnings.
Its really surprising that Bradley does have a good game which is really unusual same as you said.Chances on meeting on playoffs on a series game? That would really be an interesting thing to watch.

legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
March 09, 2020, 05:07:23 PM
That is the difference between Lakers and Clippers, Lakers have a deep bench that could help them whenever someone is cold, clippers no longer has that.

Didn't you know that the Los Angeles Clippers currently have the best performing bench players in this season? So no way the bench is the reason why Clippers lose.

We can't hide the fact that Avery Bradley now finally step up for the Lakers. It's not his usual. While on the other hand, Beverly seems not on his game mood which also not his usual.

There should be no exact reason to looked at as both teams are healthy in that game and they do their best. Let's judge them instead after we see the result in a series match if ever they will meet in the playoffs.
There are lots of factors that can really affect teams effectiveness on a particular game.We should consider that LAC is still ahead of them when in talks of match-up winnings.
Its really surprising that Bradley does have a good game which is really unusual same as you said.Chances on meeting on playoffs on a series game? That would really be an interesting thing to watch.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
March 09, 2020, 04:50:21 PM

Activity: 1974
Merit: 575
March 09, 2020, 03:55:45 PM
 If lakers wants to keep going like this during the playoffs they have to stay healhty and that has always been one of the troubles for AD, dude has been a beast ever since he came into the league and one of the best big man in the league even since his rookie year but he always got injured. Without AD lakers have no chance of becoming champions, of course they need everyone else as well but Lebron is built like a tank and rarely gets injured and all others can be replaced with bench so nobody is as dangerous to Lakers championship chances as AD right now, if they keep him healthy there is a %80 chance of them being champions, if not than they will be eleminated very quickly. Plus I really wanted to see Lebron on west coast playoffs ever since he came, last year they totally missed it which kind of answers it but I want to see "playoff lebron" on west coast, doubt it will be as good as east coast.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 278
March 09, 2020, 12:25:51 PM
That is the difference between Lakers and Clippers, Lakers have a deep bench that could help them whenever someone is cold, clippers no longer has that. I personally still think that Lakers will be champions this year, Clippers were seen as the best candidates but I doubt they will achieve that this season, maybe next season when they get some better players from the trading off season or free agency or even maybe some rookies I don't know but its not this year.

Rockets screwed themselves, Lakers have 3 big man that can outplay anyone in rockets so they will destroy them no problem, there is really no rivals for Lakers this year when you consider Lebron AND rondo will play on playoff mode as well, those are HUGE differences between regular season and playoff levels of Lebron and rondo.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
March 09, 2020, 08:27:45 AM
PG13 was hot on the 1st half.
But, I didn't think Avery Bradley could go hotter. That 3rd quarter of him changed the pace of the game for the Lakers
6/12 in the 3 point line.  Shocked Something you don't see everyday.
It's like he became the Danny Green for that game.  Cheesy

Is Clippers missing something here? They have a good forward Harrell then Kawhi and PG13. Something which can create better offense and defense. It is just difficult to analyze when this two LA are playing against.

Clippers playing well but you can't expect that they'll win everyday.

Lakers is currently the number 1 in the West now, they loss twice against the Clippers this season, so they work hard to at least win a game and that's what happen. Of course, it was Avery Bradley who are the difference maker in this game, it was his day but like you said we can't see it in a daily basis so in a series, the average will display and Clippers is quite the better team here with their head to head record thus far.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 642
March 09, 2020, 08:20:37 AM
PG13 was hot on the 1st half.
But, I didn't think Avery Bradley could go hotter. That 3rd quarter of him changed the pace of the game for the Lakers
6/12 in the 3 point line.  Shocked Something you don't see everyday.
It's like he became the Danny Green for that game.  Cheesy

Is Clippers missing something here? They have a good forward Harrell then Kawhi and PG13. Something which can create better offense and defense. It is just difficult to analyze when this two LA are playing against.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 666
March 09, 2020, 07:36:49 AM
Anyone here think that the Rockets are already in trouble?
They don't have a legit big man, they live with their experiment but it seems they got figured out by their opponent.

this is the 2nd game where they loss with a big market IIRC.
What do you guys think the Rockets needs to do to be back in the winning track again?
Jump to: