Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 2054. (Read 902904 times)

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
July 05, 2020, 01:34:15 AM
They really need to find a replacement for Avery Bradley, but I don't know if JR Smith will take the first five position though. We will see, but definitely, he is good or even better compare to Avery (no disrespect to Avery fans).
I think they need a better one to handle the ball well and I don't see JR Smith on that especially on passing ability, it's more like they'll rely on Rondo on that more like a reserve Smith on that or they can select Cook if he's playing.
Why are you even concern on who handles the ball, we have Lebron James who handle the ball for the starters and we have Rondo as a reserve, with that format they have been successful so I don't think they will change that.

JR Smith is important as he is a good 3 point shooter but he needs to maintain consistency if he wants to help the team especially in crucial times.

Right, no need for him to dwell in that JR mistakes, time to him to focus on getting another ring not just for him but for the Lakers franchise, thus cemented him as of the greatest ever, winning 3 rings with 3 different teams.
I think LeBron will still be fit on the league even by 40 just looking at his physique he can still handle that as long as he remains healthy.
Lebron is smart and discipline so he will last in the NBA, with his current position now, he can focus on the assists and just contribute a bit in the points, that would not be a burden to him unlike his old role which he needs to be physical going in the right just to score.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 578
No God or Kings, only BITCOIN.
July 05, 2020, 12:47:45 AM
They really need to find a replacement for Avery Bradley, but I don't know if JR Smith will take the first five position though. We will see, but definitely, he is good or even better compare to Avery (no disrespect to Avery fans).
I think they need a better one to handle the ball well and I don't see JR Smith on that especially on passing ability, it's more like they'll rely on Rondo on that more like a reserve Smith on that or they can select Cook if he's playing.

Right, no need for him to dwell in that JR mistakes, time to him to focus on getting another ring not just for him but for the Lakers franchise, thus cemented him as of the greatest ever, winning 3 rings with 3 different teams.
I think LeBron will still be fit on the league even by 40 just looking at his physique he can still handle that as long as he remains healthy.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
July 04, 2020, 10:56:17 PM

There is also some sort of urgency as well, looking at the Lakers roster there is a good team there, I don't know who will join and I don't know who won't but I know one person and thats Avery Bradley, he will not be going to Orlando and honestly getting JR. Smith instead of him in a situation like this is awesome, that could be the best type of alternative they could find in this kind of situation.

So I said that Lebron probably forgave him but at the same time when reconsidering the situation I think there is also a fact that lebron is almost 35 (or is he alread?) and that means Lebron needs a ring very quickly otherwise he will be too old for another ring or at least matter during that championship. Which is why I think even if he didn't forgive him for that, he could still continue to be a professional about this to get another ring.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 04, 2020, 09:04:52 PM
Unless the name of that player is Delonte West, LOL. I don't think that Lebron has fully forgiven him for screwing his mother.

We will see how JR Smith will adjust, it's not just Lebron or Danny there's a lot of players and of course will he be a perfect fit for the Lakers.
Well right.

It's most of them that will give a contribution to the team. And I also think that Lebron has already moved on with those issues and probably the management talked to him before getting JR Smith.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1128
July 04, 2020, 04:02:11 PM
Nets actually didn't just acquired these two players so that they could actually compete for a ring, we all know that even if they are a good team and even though they are on eastern conference which has been on a historical run of not being as power as west combined (not championship but total wins and losses of conferences) that team is still lacking a lot of players. Kyrie Irving in no means is the best point guard in the league, there are few who are better than him, Durant could race for the best SF or PF but he is coming out from an injury, and rest of the team is league average at best, they are not great players.

When you face teams like Lakers who have 2 amazing players like Nets but also a great team around them, or Clippers who have once again 2 great players but a great team around them, you realize that championship requires more than just superstars but a good team around them.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 575
July 04, 2020, 01:28:27 PM

There is also some sort of urgency as well, looking at the Lakers roster there is a good team there, I don't know who will join and I don't know who won't but I know one person and thats Avery Bradley, he will not be going to Orlando and honestly getting JR. Smith instead of him in a situation like this is awesome, that could be the best type of alternative they could find in this kind of situation.

So I said that Lebron probably forgave him but at the same time when reconsidering the situation I think there is also a fact that lebron is almost 35 (or is he alread?) and that means Lebron needs a ring very quickly otherwise he will be too old for another ring or at least matter during that championship. Which is why I think even if he didn't forgive him for that, he could still continue to be a professional about this to get another ring.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
July 04, 2020, 11:10:53 AM

Honestly this is basically showing how much Lebron cares about JR. Smith and how he values his contribution to the team back in Cavs time as well. Sure he did one amazing and unbelievable mistake but at the same time he was one of the key players that helped them get to that point as well. So in the end if Lebron didn't intervene and asked Lakers organization to not hire him, that could mean that he has forgiven JR for what he did and he thinks that he is more helpful than useless with how many games left in the league. Plus we all know JR and Danny playing together with a decent point guard would mean a lot of shooting and Lebron can be that point guard at any given moment, and they would have a very good defense with that duo as well.
I think Bron's mentality has really matured, I'm sure he value much of JR Smith's contribution than one mistakes he made and it has been forgotten by him. And it will really bring the best of both players, they are comfortably playing along many years, and with Lebron playing point guard and finding JR in transition or even alley-oop passes will be good to see again.
Unless the name of that player is Delonte West, LOL. I don't think that Lebron has fully forgiven him for screwing his mother.

We will see how JR Smith will adjust, it's not just Lebron or Danny there's a lot of players and of course will he be a perfect fit for the Lakers.
Merit: 651
July 04, 2020, 10:02:22 AM
In the other news, NBA released approved social justice messages that players will have option to use on their jerseys:
Black Lives Matter; Say Their Names; Vote; I Can't Breathe; Justice; Peace; Equality; Freedom; Enough; Power to the People; Justice Now; Say Her Name; Si Se Puede (Yes We Can); Liberation; See Us; Hear Us; Respect Us; Love Us; Listen; Listen to Us; Stand Up; Ally; Anti-Racist; I Am A Man; Speak Up; How Many More; Group Economics; Education Reform; and Mentor
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2898775-report-nba-nbpa-agree-on-approved-list-of-social-justice-messages-for-jerseys
Alright! Cool.
It will be interesting to see if some players decide not to wear anything, and how will others take it, will they respect their colleagues decision, as these messages shouldn't be mandatory.
No jersey but with their jersey number tattooed at their back.  Grin
I just appreciate Irving because even if he always got reinjured but his performance still doesn't changed, in fact he is still one of the best players in the NBA, maybe that the reason why the Nets gambled on him. Speaking of injury, we have Durant, he is still not fully recovered yet and it's also a gamble by the Nets signing Durant knowing he was seriously injured and he will not play the whole season, so I'm really excited to see if this acquisition is worth a gamble by the Nets.
Yeah! They actually gambled on 1 injured player to play next year and another with a possibility to miss a lot of games.
The goal is not now but, for the future of Brooklyn which is a great move.
This is also why Stephen A is so mad with the Knicks management.  Grin
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
July 04, 2020, 08:06:33 AM

Honestly this is basically showing how much Lebron cares about JR. Smith and how he values his contribution to the team back in Cavs time as well. Sure he did one amazing and unbelievable mistake but at the same time he was one of the key players that helped them get to that point as well. So in the end if Lebron didn't intervene and asked Lakers organization to not hire him, that could mean that he has forgiven JR for what he did and he thinks that he is more helpful than useless with how many games left in the league. Plus we all know JR and Danny playing together with a decent point guard would mean a lot of shooting and Lebron can be that point guard at any given moment, and they would have a very good defense with that duo as well.
I think Bron's mentality has really matured, I'm sure he value much of JR Smith's contribution than one mistakes he made and it has been forgotten by him. And it will really bring the best of both players, they are comfortably playing along many years, and with Lebron playing point guard and finding JR in transition or even alley-oop passes will be good to see again.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 552
July 04, 2020, 07:06:10 AM
~snip~
~snip~
~snip~
It just kind of new to me  Grin. Or maybe because I haven't seen something similar with a set up like this. Dunno... am I that naïve?  Huh Haha.

Lol. No, you're fine. I once played during my high school in an interschool division athletic meet and all of the participating teams will play in a single facility with two full basketball courts. Days before the game start all teams will be practicing in turns with a maximum of 2hrs/team while another teams are watching. The coach told us, it's fine they'll never know what play are we going to make in an actual game anyway, we're just here to practice our team chemistry and synchronization.

Exactly!
LeBron didn't hold any grudges after the game, that's a normal reaction. Anybody would get upset with what Jr did for not paying attention in a very crucial situation as pro player, but that doesn't mean he's a very bad NBA player.
I also agree about the JR and Danny shooting combination, since LeBron is indeed a good point guard that could draw 2 defenders while driving the lane and are able to kick an outside pass to a spot up shooter.
Activity: 658
Merit: 274
Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.
July 04, 2020, 05:33:46 AM
I just hope he will be a real star when he gets drafted in the NBA, I don't want to see the same result like his brother who was selected as 2nd overall pick in 2017 but his NBA career with the LA Lakers was not really that impressive.

I also don't follow this kid, but for those who know more about Lonzo and LaMelo, who is better between the two?

IMO, LaMelo. I am not a fan of Lonzo. Too much mistakes even in his professional career.
He is improving though but unlike his brother LaMelo which is already good at his college game.
Also, I think Lonzo is pulled because of the surname.

I'll go with LaMelo too. Well, Lonzo is great back in his college days though his shooting form is kind of weird  Grin. But what made me choose his younger brother is the fact that LaMelo goes overseas, Lithuania specifically to play basketball, and such experience helps him grow to be a better player; he's not the type of kid who frequently shoots 3 whenever he want anymore. Not tryin' to exaggerate anything but that's what I observed up until his recent highlights from NBL. Plus LaMelo's basketball IQ is way better not to mention he still remains being a point guard despite his height  Grin. Well, maybe because he's used to that position Huh. I like this kid even back at his wrist tape wonders journey.

It's final. Oladipo will sit out for the remaining season.
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1279139650012164096

“I really want to play, and as a competitor and teammate this is tearing me apart,” Oladipo said. “I feel like I’m at a great place in my rehab and getting closer and closer to 100 percent. With all the variables, from how I have to build my 5-on-5 workload back up, to the increased risk of a soft tissue injury which could delay my rehab, and the unknown exact set up of the bubble, I just can’t get my mind to being fully comfortable in playing. I have to be smart and this decision hasn’t been easy, but I truly believe continuing on the course I’m on and getting fully healthy for the 2020-21 season is the right decision for me.”
Source: https://theathletic.com/1908505/2020/07/03/victor-oladipo-explains-his-decision-to-sit-out-the-nba-restart-to-the-athletic/

Good decision, I guess. Pacers isn't in bad place nor in need for any player like him, either. Although playoffs is a different thing but he don't need to risk his body to play it yet. Seeing a fully recovered Oladipo is way better than seeing him play right now even though we badly missin' him to see play on basketball court once again  Cheesy.
Merit: 674
July 04, 2020, 05:25:53 AM

Kevin Durant looks good guys, he is Dunkin already, look like he has fully recovered from injury, but don't expect him in the NBA's restart as he is still not available.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2898510-all-eyes-on-kd

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1237476715946901504

That's good news. The assassin is already in good condition. Maybe next year we will see Brooklyn on top.  Grin
I just hope Kyrie will do his best to fully heal his shoulders too.

That problem has been bothering Kyrie for many seasons already based on what I observed, that's his problem with the Celtics too that the team can't rely on him to fully play the whole season or the off-season, and I also remember during the time he was still playing with Lebron James in Cavaliers, he was also injured in the playoffs, and it resulted to a defeat of their team.

Kyrie Irving, Durant, and Dinwiddie, these are the consistent players of the team, hopefully they'll find a good chemistry once all of them are fully healthy again. And I don't like to see this happen again.....

Spencer Dinwiddie leaves Kevin Durant hanging after scoring the clutch basket to give Nets the W!

It's like he is always forcing that shoulder.
I haven't found news that he fully recovered in that portion of that injury.
Perhaps they just saw it as a mild cramp or a worn-out shoulder.

Feb-March 2020 is just the time he took the surgery. I thought it was already done when he was at Celtics.
Which is why we cannot find any news about the recovery.

I just appreciate Irving because even if he always got reinjured but his performance still doesn't changed, in fact he is still one of the best players in the NBA, maybe that the reason why the Nets gambled on him. Speaking of injury, we have Durant, he is still not fully recovered yet and it's also a gamble by the Nets signing Durant knowing he was seriously injured and he will not play the whole season, so I'm really excited to see if this acquisition is worth a gamble by the Nets.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
July 04, 2020, 05:16:57 AM
Smart move by Pacers and Oladipo, it would be stupid to come too early and risk even worse injury if he is not at 100%, especially with all these things going on. There is always next season, and with hopefully healthy Oladipo, Pacers could be legit contenders, something they they should have been already, if they had a bit more luck.

In the other news, NBA released approved social justice messages that players will have option to use on their jerseys:
Black Lives Matter; Say Their Names; Vote; I Can't Breathe; Justice; Peace; Equality; Freedom; Enough; Power to the People; Justice Now; Say Her Name; Si Se Puede (Yes We Can); Liberation; See Us; Hear Us; Respect Us; Love Us; Listen; Listen to Us; Stand Up; Ally; Anti-Racist; I Am A Man; Speak Up; How Many More; Group Economics; Education Reform; and Mentor
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2898775-report-nba-nbpa-agree-on-approved-list-of-social-justice-messages-for-jerseys

It will be interesting to see if some players decide not to wear anything, and how will others take it, will they respect their colleagues decision, as these messages shouldn't be mandatory.
July 04, 2020, 04:52:54 AM

Kevin Durant looks good guys, he is Dunkin already, look like he has fully recovered from injury, but don't expect him in the NBA's restart as he is still not available.

That's good news. The assassin is already in good condition. Maybe next year we will see Brooklyn on top.  Grin

That problem has been bothering Kyrie for many seasons already based on what I observed, that's his problem with the Celtics too that the team can't rely on him to fully play the whole season or the off-season, and I also remember during the time he was still playing with Lebron James in Cavaliers, he was also injured in the playoffs, and it resulted to a defeat of their team.

Kyrie Irving, Durant, and Dinwiddie, these are the consistent players of the team, hopefully they'll find a good chemistry once all of them are fully healthy again. And I don't like to see this happen again.....

Spencer Dinwiddie leaves Kevin Durant hanging after scoring the clutch basket to give Nets the W!

It's like he is always forcing that shoulder.
I haven't found news that he fully recovered in that portion of that injury.
Perhaps they just saw it as a mild cramp or a worn-out shoulder.

Feb-March 2020 is just the time he took the surgery. I thought it was already done when he was at Celtics.
Which is why we cannot find any news about the recovery.

“I really want to play, and as a competitor and teammate this is tearing me apart,” Oladipo said. “I feel like I’m at a great place in my rehab and getting closer and closer to 100 percent. With all the variables, from how I have to build my 5-on-5 workload back up, to the increased risk of a soft tissue injury which could delay my rehab, and the unknown exact set up of the bubble, I just can’t get my mind to being fully comfortable in playing. I have to be smart and this decision hasn’t been easy, but I truly believe continuing on the course I’m on and getting fully healthy for the 2020-21 season is the right decision for me.”
Source: https://theathletic.com/1908505/2020/07/03/victor-oladipo-explains-his-decision-to-sit-out-the-nba-restart-to-the-athletic/
Merit: 674
July 04, 2020, 02:59:17 AM

That's good news. The assassin is already in good condition. Maybe next year we will see Brooklyn on top.  Grin

July 04, 2020, 01:53:26 AM
I just hope he will be a real star when he gets drafted in the NBA, I don't want to see the same result like his brother who was selected as 2nd overall pick in 2017 but his NBA career with the LA Lakers was not really that impressive.

I also don't follow this kid, but for those who know more about Lonzo and LaMelo, who is better between the two?

IMO, LaMelo. I am not a fan of Lonzo. Too much mistakes even in his professional career.
He is improving though but unlike his brother LaMelo which is already good at his college game.
Also, I think Lonzo is pulled because of the surname.

That's good news. The assassin is already in good condition. Maybe next year we will see Brooklyn on top.  Grin

Activity: 2086
Merit: 575
July 03, 2020, 05:23:36 PM

Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
July 03, 2020, 02:39:05 PM
This news about Jr Smith started on a Facebook page transferring to Lakers and it's confirmed that he's going to be with the Lakers. It made me remember the famous meme about him and Lebron, who else did?  Grin
If he or they've shoot that one either they have win the game 1 of finals series with a 4-1 standing or that should have changed the fate of the 2018 NBA finals in favor of Cavs, who knows.  Grin

Well, we should see how much he can handle the meme once he plays for the team, show them J. More wheezing at Twitter.
Yeah but that remains as a meme and now, they've been reunited by the Lakers.  Cheesy
I think they have moved on already with that situation and reaction. They'd be better playing the ring for this season and I'm sure Lebron is feeling that already.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
July 03, 2020, 01:53:36 PM

As per the timeline of his recovery, he should now able to practice by June or July.

No need also for others to expect him once the NBA resumed since even without the pandemic virus happened globally, he is expected to play next season which is November this year.

Brooklyn Nets fans surely are excited to see their lineup next season.
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 03, 2020, 12:47:24 PM
He can just influence the team and cheer for them.

Which are you betting on July 31st?

Orlando or Nets?
Jump to: