Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 2055. (Read 902902 times)

Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
July 03, 2020, 12:40:50 PM
Kevin Durant looks good guys, he is Dunkin already, look like he has fully recovered from injury, but don't expect him in the NBA's restart as he is still not available.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2898510-all-eyes-on-kd

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1237476715946901504

Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
July 03, 2020, 11:28:13 AM
Great article on Kembar Walker. He has a golden opportunity to mark his legacy. The break has been good for him, he has recovered from the pain of his knee and is ready to play basketball.
This is his chance because the system of the Boston Celtics is good compared to his previous team where is the only one who make most of the points, here, he is not carrying an heavy burden as he has a lot of teammates who can provide big contribution for the team. Being healthy is what they need to maintain so they can give a good fight for the favorite teams in the NBA.

I see that this team has been underrated.

I believe that this opportunities for him will give him  a big break, the team that he's now playing with is composed of
good talents, they just need to jive in and bring good chemistry.
The Chemistry was already there, Celtics has a good run in this season though they are not in the number 1 spot but they are a good contender not only in the East but in the NBA championship if they ever reach at that level this season.

It's good to expect that there's chances for this young Celtics to make good upsets from those
favorites like the Bucks, Sixers and the defending champ Raptors.
The next round will be a good test for Kemba to showcase his talent and help the team moving
forward for the next series.
Too early but there's always a good chance for this young Boston team.

The only top favorites in the East is the Bucks, based on the betting odds I saw, Sixers, Raptors and Celtics are not too far with each other.

Reference.

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
July 03, 2020, 11:15:14 AM
Great article on Kembar Walker. He has a golden opportunity to mark his legacy. The break has been good for him, he has recovered from the pain of his knee and is ready to play basketball.
This is his chance because the system of the Boston Celtics is good compared to his previous team where is the only one who make most of the points, here, he is not carrying an heavy burden as he has a lot of teammates who can provide big contribution for the team. Being healthy is what they need to maintain so they can give a good fight for the favorite teams in the NBA.

I believe that this opportunities for him will give him  a big break, the team that he's now playing with is composed of
good talents, they just need to jive in and bring good chemistry.

It's good to expect that there's chances for this young Celtics to make good upsets from those
favorites like the Bucks, Sixers and the defending champ Raptors.
The next round will be a good test for Kemba to showcase his talent and help the team moving
forward for the next series.
Too early but there's always a good chance for this young Boston team.

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
July 03, 2020, 10:53:41 AM
I have seen an AMA on reddit about a scout in NBA before, and he talked about practices like nothing too serious. If you are Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan I am sure that it matters to you and there are few players like that. But, you can be assured that the team in general do not give away their secrets. However, in any case if I am the other team I would basically just try to watch all the teams and I would want to see "play calling" hand movements and see how they are doing.

We all know if San Antonio spurs opens up pink and index fingers and close others that means "horn" (it also looks like horns when you do it) and that means 1 will bring up, 2 will set up screen and the other two will be in the corners while everyone ends up running around at the end as well.

You kinda have to learn all of those things if teams practice close to each other, that will not really mean you are 100% better, just means you will have a slight advantage to what you use to know about the other team, a smaaaalll tiny advantage.
Activity: 658
Merit: 274
Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.
July 03, 2020, 10:25:51 AM
I don't understand how it became weird Cheesy.
It's weird and it will be difficult to sink in how it is going to happen.  Grin
If your concern is about exposing the team plays and preparation that's making you feel weird, IMO It doesn't bother the team that much If another team will be watching them practice on the court, pretty sure most of the coaches and players knew most of the offensive and defensive plays, but just dunno know when and how are they going to execute it. So, team discussions on how they are going to react offensively/defensively with the opposing team will be done privately, and physical practice on the court.
However, there might a be a few adjustments and limits on the practice.
It just kind of new to me  Grin. Or maybe because I haven't seen something similar with a set up like this. Dunno... am I that naïve?  Huh Haha.

-
Breaking down NBA Draft picks.
Yeah, it's something we must look unto since very soon their names will be seen in this thread.  Grin
LaMelo Ball still ranking at the top rank here.
I haven't seen the kid play the whole game but I did see some great highlights.
He is something else at his young age.
This young man is promising. Isn't that boy who scored 92 pts in a highschool game back then?

What I like about him is that he goes overseas to explore different experiences with basketball. I admired him for doing that. And maybe because of that, that gives him the edge on being on the top spot rignt now. Beside he got a good highlights, might not be as athletic as Zion and Ja but still he's good like from passing, and shooting from downtown.
BTC to the MOON in 2019
July 03, 2020, 10:05:16 AM
This news about Jr Smith started on a Facebook page transferring to Lakers and it's confirmed that he's going to be with the Lakers. It made me remember the famous meme about him and Lebron, who else did?  Grin

Honestly, that meme is not notable to me. I don't remember J.R Smith from that. He is one of the core players that contributes to the success of 2017 Cavaliers. That's what I always remember him that way and not on that meme.

Exactly!
People need to stop making those meme a laughing stock, as If Jr has no contribution to each and every step the Cavs are successful with.
As far as I could remember he was also one of the core players along side with Carmelo in Denver on his early days averaging 15points per game, and battled against the Lakers in 2009 Western conference finals.

Btw, I'm happy they're reunited again.

I am happy too. I almost forget about this but it popped up in my facebook recently about what I shared two years ago.
I was a meme that's not suppose to happen, but now it will come into reality.

https://twitter.com/NBAMemes/status/1014543842832338944/photo/1

Activity: 2716
Merit: 552
July 03, 2020, 09:38:28 AM

Dunno but the set up seems kind of weird to me lol. 'Cause you know you have to practice together with different teams just few steps beside you haha  Cheesy. But whatever, it is just kind of new to me.

If your concern is about exposing the team plays and preparation that's making you feel weird, IMO It doesn't bother the team that much If another team will be watching them practice on the court, pretty sure most of the coaches and players knew most of the offensive and defensive plays, but just dunno know when and how are they going to execute it. So, team discussions on how they are going to react offensively/defensively with the opposing team will be done privately, and physical practice on the court.
However, there might a be a few adjustments and limits on the practice.

This news about Jr Smith started on a Facebook page transferring to Lakers and it's confirmed that he's going to be with the Lakers. It made me remember the famous meme about him and Lebron, who else did?  Grin

Honestly, that meme is not notable to me. I don't remember J.R Smith from that. He is one of the core players that contributes to the success of 2017 Cavaliers. That's what I always remember him that way and not on that meme.

Exactly!
People need to stop making those meme a laughing stock, as If Jr has no contribution to each and every step the Cavs are successful with.
As far as I could remember he was also one of the core players along side with Carmelo in Denver on his early days averaging 15points per game, and battled against the Lakers in 2009 Western conference finals.

Btw, I'm happy they're reunited again.
Merit: 610
July 03, 2020, 09:24:07 AM
Something to read while waiting for more results of players being tested for Covid-19.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-draft-2020-identifying-the-no-1-prospect-at-each-position-in-this-years-class/

Yeah, it's something we must look unto since very soon their names will be seen in this thread.  Grin

I just hope he will be a real star when he gets drafted in the NBA, I don't want to see the same result like his brother who was selected as 2nd overall pick in 2017 but his NBA career with the LA Lakers was not really that impressive.

I also don't follow this kid, but for those who know more about Lonzo and LaMelo, who is better between the two?
Activity: 3024
Merit: 651
July 03, 2020, 09:02:17 AM
Something to read while waiting for more results of players being tested for Covid-19.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-draft-2020-identifying-the-no-1-prospect-at-each-position-in-this-years-class/

Yeah, it's something we must look unto since very soon their names will be seen in this thread.  Grin
July 03, 2020, 07:27:18 AM

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81
July 03, 2020, 03:23:27 AM
July 03, 2020, 12:44:29 AM
Dunno but the set up seems kind of weird to me lol. 'Cause you know you have to practice together with different teams just few steps beside you haha  Cheesy. But whatever, it is just kind of new to me.
It's weird and it will be difficult to sink in how it is going to happen.  Grin
Nice read : KEMBA'S SHOT HAS FINALLY COME

After winning everything in college, Kemba Walker spent his first eight NBA seasons on a team without a chance. That's why he's in Boston, and this is his moment to create a new legacy.
Number 9 draft pick and was put to the worst team.
This mostly happens to single-digit draft pick players especially the top 1.
They need years to be traded to a better team or if not, that worst team will make an overhaul in their roster.
Yeah, this might be his chance. They might not have the physical power but Celtics do have the speed and offensive explosiveness.

A great find for the article.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
July 03, 2020, 12:36:23 AM

I don't understand how it became weird Cheesy.

I mean, no choice but surely it won't affect their practice as a whole.

Teams will also practice at staggered times to comply with social distancing.

But for ROY, it looks like we already know who will win based on the odds below.

Ja Morant for the win. Zion missed lots of games.

So unfortunate. I badly want to see their overall stats after a season in a healthy status.

But I'm with Morant here. Believed me, only few anticipated that Grizzlies will able to join the battle for the playoffs spot in a competitive Western Conference. Smiley
July 02, 2020, 07:35:20 PM
Nice read : KEMBA'S SHOT HAS FINALLY COME

After winning everything in college, Kemba Walker spent his first eight NBA seasons on a team without a chance. That's why he's in Boston, and this is his moment to create a new legacy.

I almost forgot about the Celtics chance this season.

I think they have a pretty solid chance to upset teams in the playoffs, it's a different team now that was dominated by the Bucks last season, so I'm expecting some big upset here as I think with the Arrival of Kemba Walker, this team has just got better.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 575
July 02, 2020, 05:45:23 PM

Honestly the Ben Simmons rookie of the year and aside from that rookie of the year has been constantly one of the least argued awards in history. Sure it had a lot of arguments over the years, I am not saying its zero, but it is one of the least argued compared to all others, maybe coach of the year is also a bit less argued but from defensive to mvp to mip all have been argued a lot.

That Ben Simmons case was a different one, dude didn't played but he was also drafted earlier, being injured shouldn't really make you rookie again the next year, you should be missing the chance to actually get it, in any case when he returned he changed the whole offense of philly so he kind of deserved it if we seriously consider him rookie that year but there was ton of argument over not considering him rookie.
BTC to the MOON in 2019
July 02, 2020, 05:22:30 PM
Looking at it now I can say that Zion couldn't even dream of getting it, all because he played just 20 games this year, and I know we played only 60 games this season but I would pick the player that played almost all games and brought his team to higher level than the dude that played 20 games and failed to make a big difference.
Yep, Zion simply didn't play enough games this season to get ROTY, it would be unfair, especially considering how good Ja Morant was. If they didn't give ROTY to Embiid, that was way superior to Brogdon who won the award just because he didn't play enough games, they certainly won't give it to Zion.

Though I don't agree with that part where you said that  Zion didn't make big difference, as he did. In those 19 games he played, Pelicans had 11 wins and 9 losses, while without him they had 27 losses and 17 wins. That is quite a big difference, and if he played from the start of the seasons, Pelicans would comfortably secure playoff.

I agree with you, even without looking the stats, I could still simply recall his contributions to the team as he I've watched every game the Pelicans played when he came back from injury, as if nothing happens to him as he was still the same Zion during the preseason and he has contributed big for the team.
They might be in a tough situation now a lot of believers for pelicans now to make it to the playoffs.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
July 02, 2020, 03:55:37 PM
Looking at it now I can say that Zion couldn't even dream of getting it, all because he played just 20 games this year, and I know we played only 60 games this season but I would pick the player that played almost all games and brought his team to higher level than the dude that played 20 games and failed to make a big difference.
Yep, Zion simply didn't play enough games this season to get ROTY, it would be unfair, especially considering how good Ja Morant was. If they didn't give ROTY to Embiid, that was way superior to Brogdon who won the award just because he didn't play enough games, they certainly won't give it to Zion.

Though I don't agree with that part where you said that  Zion didn't make big difference, as he did. In those 19 games he played, Pelicans had 10 wins and 9 losses, while without him they had 27 losses and 17 wins. That is quite a big difference, and if he played from the start of the seasons, Pelicans would comfortably secure playoff.

Ja will need to work harder to get that attention while others could just sit down and will still get the better deal.
It is simple really: Zion has much higher ceiling than Ja Morant (who is fine player) therefore all that hype.

More bad news,Nine more NBA players test positive for coronavirus, bringing total to 25
The nine positive tests found between June 24-29 bring the overall total to 25 players out of a pool of 351 who have been tested since June 23. Sixteen players tested positive last week.

The NBA also said 10 of 884 team staff members who were tested were positive for the coronavirus.

As expected, there will be more and more news like this before restart of the season at the end of July. At least those that get virus now could have enough time to get better until start, or at least until playoff starts, and that's what is most important after all.
Activity: 658
Merit: 274
Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.
July 02, 2020, 11:32:12 AM
Have you guys already see this?

New update from NBA:

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158824248708463&id=8245623462&sfnsn=mo

As you can see they are now preparing the practice floors  Grin. This is it, games are definitely going to resume. We just need to wait for 4 more few weeks.

July 02, 2020, 11:27:10 AM
Well, there is a big difference between hyping someone up and rookie of the year award.

Rookie of the year award goes to the player who plays best in that season and by far Ja Morant was the best rookie to play this year, he actually changed the whole team up to a new level that could compete with higher level teams once again when they were expected to tank this season as well.

Yet that doesn't mean that everyone talked about Zion constantly and he could still be better than Ja Morant in the future when he gets healthy.

I can see that.
But, there is this air of unfairness right?

Ja Morant had been working hard since day 1 and it is now known because of all that effort.
While on the other hand, Zion just played a little, and yet he is far more popular than Ja.
Which concludes to one thing.
Ja will need to work harder to get that attention while others could just sit down and will still get the better deal.
I am not against Zion or anything, it is just the way they control things.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 578
No God or Kings, only BITCOIN.
July 02, 2020, 11:25:28 AM
The LeBron, JR Smith Finals meme has new life after Lakers reunion

If he or they've shoot that one either they have win the game 1 of finals series with a 4-1 standing or that should have changed the fate of the 2018 NBA finals in favor of Cavs, who knows.  Grin

Well, we should see how much he can handle the meme once he plays for the team, show them J. More wheezing at Twitter.
Jump to: