Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 2431. (Read 885884 times)

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
March 29, 2019, 01:42:27 AM
It's official, he is out for the remainder of the season, but look at them now, they are still good, they are dominating the Bulls in today's game.
The problem they will face is when they will be in the playoffs, sure it would be hard for them to win, and I'm betting against them even if they have the home court advantage.
They are still good. But, we can't deny that Nurkic is a huge blow for them. He's having 16 points per game and shooting 50% from the field and 8 rebounds.  Even though he had an injury that might last for many months, let's just hope this does not mean a career ending injury.

Well that depends on Nurkic on how he'll face this obstacle in his career. Given that the org will definitely give him all the medical support, rehab and everything plus the advancement of the program of a such injury would give him boost. PGs injury is way worse than him, but look at him he's still dominating. Basketball is also considered a mind game, Nurkic just need to overcome the fear that he might acquired after that.

I agree with you, PG was a good example and every player who suffered injury should make him as their inspiration.
If they will put their passion in basketball, they will do things to recover and be back in the game, Nurkic is still young so he still has a chance to be healthy again.
Activity: 816
Merit: 133
March 28, 2019, 05:37:12 PM
It's official, he is out for the remainder of the season, but look at them now, they are still good, they are dominating the Bulls in today's game.
The problem they will face is when they will be in the playoffs, sure it would be hard for them to win, and I'm betting against them even if they have the home court advantage.
They are still good. But, we can't deny that Nurkic is a huge blow for them. He's having 16 points per game and shooting 50% from the field and 8 rebounds.  Even though he had an injury that might last for many months, let's just hope this does not mean a career ending injury.

Well that depends on Nurkic on how he'll face this obstacle in his career. Given that the org will definitely give him all the medical support, rehab and everything plus the advancement of the program of a such injury would give him boost. PGs injury is way worse than him, but look at him he's still dominating. Basketball is also considered a mind game, Nurkic just need to overcome the fear that he might acquired after that.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
March 28, 2019, 05:07:31 PM

Whoever taught George Hill and Bledsoe on how to defend Harden is a wise man.

Prevent the three's. Keep defending the left side of him to prevent him from shooting outside. Force him to the right and let him do a floater for a 2 point which could also miss or pass the ball to Capella. (if he cannot pass it to Capella, 50% chance for a steal) happened a lot of times.

Trust the big man to do his job. (center)
Just do not give him space to make a three point shot.

2 things happened.
Bledsoe forgot to defend Harden on the left side. He stayed in front and so Harden made a three.
Hill stayed on the left side, Harden forced a three and it was an air ball.

Hail to the defensive brain of the Bucks.
Also for Hill for not forgetting the strategy in every play.

If you would go around Youtube, you will see Scottie Pippen, being asked how he will defend James Harden, he said exactly like what we have witnessed in that game, cut his left, force him to go right double-team him and force him to pass or shoot the ball, chances are he might miss a few or the pass can be stolen, simply as that. Scottie is a first-defensive-team, 8 times and 2 second-defensive-team 2 times. So he really know how to play defense here. Maybe the Bucks defensive team have seen that interview and put it into play when they face Houston yesterday and it was very effective indeed.

Harden is exposed and we can see that in every playoffs game.
He can get his usual scoring but the FG percentage will eventually drop, they need to adjust this time around, and Harden being
a real superstar, needs to trust his teammate. I can say that he is lucky to have Paul with him, if not, they will not reach in the Finals (west)
This time around, let's see what they got. Really excited for the playoffs to commence.

And that is one problem with the play of Mike D'Antoni.
He will force the issue that Harden needs to make his own play.
He might be the best offensive coach but he had his weaknesses too and that is one of it.

If this keeps up, Capela will need to get stronger. He needs more coaching from whoever is behind the management that trains him.
Also, one factor is he cannot be injured again.
Chris Paul cannot play the whole game too, he had some histories with playing too much.

What will James Harden do with him being exposed like this.
It aint like the Phoenix Suns of Steve Nash. Steve have some good passing skills.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
March 28, 2019, 02:20:01 PM
I don't think focusing on first round is the best way to win a championship. By logic you should be capable of beating any of the other 7 teams if possible and you should not be afraid of facing any of them. Do you really think warriors would be scared to face against rockets this year ?

Even though they had trouble last year ? No, I do not think so, they believe in their chances. If you are preferring clippers over jazz and focus on that than you might as well not even go to playoffs because you may beat clippers and you may beat jazz too but at the end if that is the level of difference you feel comfortable with than you will be gone in the second round anyway.

You have to believe there is a chance you can beat anyone you face, after all its not regular season and you have 7 chances to get 4 wins, if you play properly just for 4 games than you beat anyone. Best of an 8th seed is better than a worst of a first seed in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
March 28, 2019, 02:17:07 PM

100% it's not an career ending injury. As far as the latest update is concern, no nerve or muscle damage in his leg was found during the surgery. Meaning it can't be compared to Gordon Hayward and Paul George's injuries although all of them are really gruesome.

My concern here is once he came back, how long before he gain his confidence again. Paul George took a season long before he came back to his usual playstyle. Hayward on the other hand, looks like currently still in effect of that injury that although he was healthy his mindset telling him not.

Anyways, Nurkic is playing good at defense and that kind of athleticism is needed in their upcoming playoffs run. Blazers I think are more motivated now although there are gaps to be filled in to cover Nurkic loss.
Activity: 840
Merit: 268
March 28, 2019, 11:44:47 AM
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
March 28, 2019, 10:43:42 AM
I watched Nurkic video and damn I fell in my seat.

That was really horrible and later I will pray deeply for his fast recovery. That was worse than what happened with PG13.
I hope he doesnt stop playing after the recovery.

It was definitely one of the worst injuries in the NBA and man, it hurts you only if you watch it. This is surely affect his NBA career a lot and it will take a very long time until he will be able to play again. Even if we will be able to play again in the NBA he will never be the same player he was this season.

They needed to make proper adjustment as they have to face much bigger and opponents coming this playoff series, that injury really hurt them inside, they will need more from their interior defense though they have a big front side and can attack anytime, this young guns still there to hunt the finals
chances, with team effort and continuously playing as whole even they lose Nurkic they can still competitive.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
March 28, 2019, 07:04:08 AM
Let's see if they can win in the first round, but it will be a big task ahead of them.

It's going to be hard for them, they are at the rank 3 now and with the current standing, they are going to play with the Jazz
with a big man inside that can dominate, and take note, this is a defensive team.

If they are smart, they will slide their ranking at no. 4, still the same they will have the home court advantage but they will play with the Clippers.

Yep, Jazz has a good center who can really man the middle so they are really at a disadvantage if they are going to be match with them in the first round, very very hard to win.

If they deliberately lose some games to slide to 4, maybe they can have a chance against Clippers but I'm sure all their energy will be sap and whoever they face in round 2 will be a great team, thus another bump that it very hard to overcome.
The round 1 is more important, they have to focus on that first, Jazz is better than Clippers, so they should go with the Clippers.
It's even strange for me that OKC is losing in their previous games, and I have a feeling that they are intentionally doing that, I don't know but that's just what my gut says.

It's strategy I must say, why those teams are just deliberately losing the last few games before the playoffs so that they can match with a weaker lower bracket team.  Grin

I don't know if this is allowed, but I will assumed that this has been practice way before and evidently, NBA just allowed this as they don't have a strong proof that teams are intentionally dropping games.

That is what I'm asking the last time if I remember.

But yes, since it's really hard for the NBA management to find evidence then the team can go and play around and as you have said, strategy to have everything at their advantage in the play-offs.

And just to follow up on the injury of Nurkic "sustained a compound fracture of his left tibia and fibula and "there is no timetable for his return to basketball activity." - http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/trail-blazers-center-jusuf-nurkic-suffers-gruesome-leg-injury-against-nets/remvdrnuus10nh58260iewg

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
March 28, 2019, 02:28:07 AM
Let's see if they can win in the first round, but it will be a big task ahead of them.

It's going to be hard for them, they are at the rank 3 now and with the current standing, they are going to play with the Jazz
with a big man inside that can dominate, and take note, this is a defensive team.

If they are smart, they will slide their ranking at no. 4, still the same they will have the home court advantage but they will play with the Clippers.

Yep, Jazz has a good center who can really man the middle so they are really at a disadvantage if they are going to be match with them in the first round, very very hard to win.

If they deliberately lose some games to slide to 4, maybe they can have a chance against Clippers but I'm sure all their energy will be sap and whoever they face in round 2 will be a great team, thus another bump that it very hard to overcome.
The round 1 is more important, they have to focus on that first, Jazz is better than Clippers, so they should go with the Clippers.
It's even strange for me that OKC is losing in their previous games, and I have a feeling that they are intentionally doing that, I don't know but that's just what my gut says.

It's strategy I must say, why those teams are just deliberately losing the last few games before the playoffs so that they can match with a weaker lower bracket team.  Grin

I don't know if this is allowed, but I will assumed that this has been practice way before and evidently, NBA just allowed this as they don't have a strong proof that teams are intentionally dropping games.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
March 28, 2019, 02:00:29 AM

March 28, 2019, 01:46:50 AM

Merit: 604
March 28, 2019, 01:44:14 AM

Prevent the three's. Keep defending the left side of him to prevent him from shooting outside. Force him to the right and let him do a floater for a 2 point which could also miss or pass the ball to Capella. (if he cannot pass it to Capella, 50% chance for a steal) happened a lot of times.

2 things happened.
Bledsoe forgot to defend Harden on the left side. He stayed in front and so Harden made a three.

If you would go around Youtube, you will see Scottie Pippen, being asked how he will defend James Harden, he said exactly like what we have witnessed in that game, cut his left, force him to go right double-team him and force him to pass or shoot the ball, chances are he might miss a few or the pass can be stolen, simply as that. Scottie is a first-defensive-team, 8 times and 2 second-defensive-team 2 times. So he really know how to play defense here. Maybe the Bucks defensive team have seen that interview and put it into play when they face Houston yesterday and it was very effective indeed.

Harden is exposed and we can see that in every playoffs game.
He can get his usual scoring but the FG percentage will eventually drop, they need to adjust this time around, and Harden being
a real superstar, needs to trust his teammate. I can say that he is lucky to have Paul with him, if not, they will not reach in the Finals (west)
This time around, let's see what they got. Really excited for the playoffs to commence.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
March 28, 2019, 01:18:51 AM

2 things happened.

Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
March 28, 2019, 01:10:17 AM

March 28, 2019, 12:52:39 AM

That was really horrible and later I will pray deeply for his fast recovery. That was worse than what happened with PG13.

It was definitely one of the worst injuries in the NBA and man, it hurts you only if you watch it. This is surely affect his NBA career a lot and it will take a very long time until he will be able to play again. Even if we will be able to play again in the NBA he will never be the same player he was this season.

I'm sure that they are just taking it one game at a time.

And yes, once they are in the playoffs, they will felt the impact of losing their best player. High level of playing in playoffs plus the physical defense specially in the middle. I also would say that it will have a psychological impact to the players themselves, witnessing that kind of injury.

Merit: 667
March 27, 2019, 09:43:47 PM

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
March 27, 2019, 04:07:23 PM

Activity: 2772
Merit: 634
"CoinPoker.com"
March 27, 2019, 03:38:55 PM
What are your thoughts about the latest injury of Jusuf Nurkic? This is the link to that video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvolan-diXY. Not advertising the video but, dude that was a gruesome injury and I thought not to play basketball more because of this. I think I might be playing 2k19 because of this.
Just watched the videos and thanks for sharing, this injury would let Nurkic out of this season, same alike with George and Hayward, this serious injury will need him to bench and wait for another season, too bad for blazers as they really being competitive now forming their own super team, but accident happen and this one will really hurt them.

Prayers for Nurkic as this is really a bad one for him.

This is most likely the same Hayaward's injury, For sure he'd be automatically out for this season. I'd hope that he could still come back next year, but I doubt of he can still play the same, not unless, he conquered his fear getting injured again. Nurkic, is really a big loss for the portland. I'd also hope that portland will not trade or waive him, just because of this, injury. I know he can comeback strong and dominate the paint again. Praying for his fast recovery.
The injury also changes the playoff shape so much. I mean Portland is definitely still "good" without Nurkic but without him are they "that good" now? I mean look at the standings, they are at 4th spot easily and ahead of that rat race around 5th-8th spot. Now that Nurkic is gone, even though it is a heart breaking injury but it changes the whole team and their talent level all at once.

When you are at 4th spot you face the 5th spot team and whoever ends up being 5th (maybe even them if they do not play carefully for the rest of the season) it could be a team that is better than a Portland team without Nurkic in it. Normally the 4th and 5th spot games are the only games that is even questionable because games like 1st vs 8th or 2nd vs 7th is easily decided but this time it is even more in favor of the 5th team that will face Portland.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 549
Rollbit
March 27, 2019, 03:17:11 PM

Probably, with a few reviews on a tape could expose Hardens offensive techniques since he could be predictable most of the time.

2 things happened.

Good observation! The eastern conference known to be great defensively and George Hill is a good vet as well since his Pacers days. I remember how they matched the big 3 in Miami back then, and Hill was one of the most important piece in the Pacers line up.
The Bucks has a pretty huge chance for the Finals trip.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1497
Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!
March 27, 2019, 02:25:54 PM
-snip-
-snip-
Was that pg13 this happened too?
I remember seeing a similar thing happen during a basketball game where the players knee bone buckled on court and it looked horrible because a person leg shouldnt be able to bend that way. Kind of like what happened during the portland game. Watching it live it happened in a split second and even the refs didnt even know what happened and thought he was just trying to get a foul since it was near the end of the game with the score pretty close. It didnt help it was into a second overtime and he looked very tired taking the free throws just a few plays before hand.
Jump to: