Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 2617. (Read 899501 times)

Activity: 295
Merit: 100
August 21, 2018, 01:00:48 AM
Yes, James have been putting great numbers in his career so there's no doubt that he can be a MVP contender again. He really need s to bring this Lakers to a championship level again and beat Golden State and Houston. Last time he won was 2013, if I'm not mistaken.So I wouldn't be surprise if its his time to win again this year.
The possibility of Lebron James to be MVP is very slim at this stage of his career. Father time is catching up on him and many young players are stepping up worthy to be MVP than James.
I actually think hes getting better with the years, he may not be as fast as his younger self like in his years with Cleveland after he was drafter into the NBA. But now we can see a more stronger Lebron, I think hes a great fit for this Lakers team, he should get the MVP award every year in my opinion, this award is very weird in my opinion. Westbrook won it two years ago because he got that triple double average, that was the reason why he got it, now this year he did it again and they gave it to someone else? Harden doesnt play defense and he won it, hes a great scorer, but defense is a great part of the game.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
August 20, 2018, 07:24:00 PM
Yes, James have been putting great numbers in his career so there's no doubt that he can be a MVP contender again. He really need s to bring this Lakers to a championship level again and beat Golden State and Houston. Last time he won was 2013, if I'm not mistaken.So I wouldn't be surprise if its his time to win again this year.
The possibility of Lebron James to be MVP is very slim at this stage of his career. Father time is catching up on him and many young players are stepping up worthy to be MVP than James.

No.
If all of this players running for MVP fails to do their roles then it could be Lebron which is next in line.
Westbrook or Harden. Those two are the ones who have high amounts of stats but injuries could stop them also.

Plus Lebron is still growing when it comes to hi game play.
Look at his best plays of the year and you will see his doing some crazy stuff that is unimaginable. Magic pass and magic shots. Veteran players do that and somehow they can still get into the top of the spotlight. Do not underestimate that player. He is really something else.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
August 20, 2018, 07:09:20 AM
I beg to disagree, if Lebron would really want to score all the time he can do it because he has the license now.
The thing is he trust his teammates so much when he was in Cleveland but he did not get the support he needed, in short, if he really want it, he can get it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
August 20, 2018, 06:45:16 AM
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
August 20, 2018, 06:32:02 AM
I think a lot of people are not giving enough credit to the Celtics. The things they achieved without their two best players and how unlucky they have been. The Rockets didnt make good trades in my opinion, Carmelo Anthony moves really slow on the court, he doesnt fit in my opinion on the Rockets fast-paced game. If anyone can stop the Warriors this year or if anyone can at least win a game in playoffs against them it will be the Celtics.

How about another great this season, some even fans shifted from another team to his new favorite team LA Lakers to support their "King" on his new season of reclaiming the Trophy for the the couple of years that they lost.

Warriors are having another great player in their team but that doesn't ensure them the spot the West for the NBA Finals. No one knows what may happen, all we know is that there are still a lot of questionable trades this season.
Lebron is going to be MVP again, he has to prove that because he is in the new team which is the Lakers.
I believe he can bring this team and to fight against good team during the playoffs, the warriors and the Rockets are a real threat but with Lebron in a team, it will change everything.

Too early to say that Lebron will be MVP unless he put up a good stats and will bring the Lakers to the Finals. He is on a different conference so I think he will do everything but MVP should be the last thing that he needs to worry about. They need to blend first identify their weakness and let everything come together and see how it goes.
I actually think he can be an MVP now, every year hes been in the League he deserve it. Last year he was way above everyone regarding stats and he took a really poor Cavs team that didnt helped him to the Finals. He will be the MVP this year because of the people hes playing now, he will have to shot more, rebound more, a young Lakers team that runs well in transition will help him get more Assist. I think this is the year for Lebron to get another MVP trophy.

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
August 20, 2018, 04:26:54 AM
It is no doubt the celtics will be better but the problem is the positions they lost last year was covered greatly on the playoffs. I mean hayward was missing but there was jaylen brown and jason tatum filling that whole and tatum literally almost broke a rookie playoff scoring record. Hayward was missed for sure but they did not have some g league player playing on their small forward position. Maybe point guard kyrie irving was missed more because there was not someone that was filling that whole as well as tatum did but they still had great defenders there who stopped their opponents all game. Kyrie and hayward of course will help a lot but it won't be a change that is suddenly championship team type of change, just a bit better thats all.
August 19, 2018, 07:25:32 PM
I think a lot of people are not giving enough credit to the Celtics. The things they achieved without their two best players and how unlucky they have been. The Rockets didnt make good trades in my opinion, Carmelo Anthony moves really slow on the court, he doesnt fit in my opinion on the Rockets fast-paced game. If anyone can stop the Warriors this year or if anyone can at least win a game in playoffs against them it will be the Celtics.

How about another great this season, some even fans shifted from another team to his new favorite team LA Lakers to support their "King" on his new season of reclaiming the Trophy for the the couple of years that they lost.

Warriors are having another great player in their team but that doesn't ensure them the spot the West for the NBA Finals. No one knows what may happen, all we know is that there are still a lot of questionable trades this season.
Lebron is going to be MVP again, he has to prove that because he is in the new team which is the Lakers.
I believe he can bring this team and to fight against good team during the playoffs, the warriors and the Rockets are a real threat but with Lebron in a team, it will change everything.

Too early to say that Lebron will be MVP unless he put up a good stats and will bring the Lakers to the Finals. He is on a different conference so I think he will do everything but MVP should be the last thing that he needs to worry about. They need to blend first identify their weakness and let everything come together and see how it goes.
I actually think he can be an MVP now, every year hes been in the League he deserve it. Last year he was way above everyone regarding stats and he took a really poor Cavs team that didnt helped him to the Finals. He will be the MVP this year because of the people hes playing now, he will have to shot more, rebound more, a young Lakers team that runs well in transition will help him get more Assist. I think this is the year for Lebron to get another MVP trophy.
August 19, 2018, 05:56:19 PM

We do not know since it did not happen.
They have clinch games against the Warriors but we know it differs in play style and game plays when it comes to the playoffs.

Maybe they could give a good fight but when it comes to homecourt advantage Warriors have been winning all of them.

They might still need Irving with them for Finals experience and also there is no regret to where they came. They gave a good fight and nothing to lose. Celtics are still winners for making it to the top.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
August 19, 2018, 11:27:12 AM

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
August 19, 2018, 04:58:11 AM

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
August 19, 2018, 01:30:30 AM

August 19, 2018, 12:31:51 AM
Even with his mind not set when he was traded on Raptors they must see a good and healthy Kawhi. He cannot just play around without a championship goal. Any team he went through he must have that kind of mind set.

Toronto might even give him a better offer than what Lakers could give if he could give them also a championship.

That's what Im looking forward. He will disrespect the Raptors if he wont be the usual Kawhi Leonard. That team sacrifice their loyal player so in return Leonard at least show some balls that he is really serious in playing and not just he able to achieved his desire of being getting out at the shadow of San Antonio Spurs.

That should not happen.
He must show his will to win or else he will go to a worse situation.
He cannot be just waiting for his time at Raptors just because he really want to be in Lakers.
That is a kid's reasoning, they have contracts and agreements that should be obeyed.

I just hope he gets along with Lowry and somehow they become a monster duo.
August 18, 2018, 04:16:50 PM
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
August 18, 2018, 02:34:55 PM
I think the more important part is that demar derozan was there for life if let it be however kawhi may leave next year depending on how they do. Which in return means raptors knew that if they kept doing what they were doing they had no chance at all of winning anything, so they decided to say "win big or go home". This year either they will go to finals and get couple wins and lose (best option) or they will just lose on conference finals or before on playoffs.

If the best option happens than they will try to gather back regroup get kawhi again and try next year and hope warriors can't sign all of their players, if that happens they will want to get a ring. However if the worst option happens than kawhi will leave and they will tanks to get some good players because "tanking" is the new way apparently.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
August 18, 2018, 12:08:35 PM
Yes that's very interesting but like what others said it seem to be not quite interesting to talk about them.

I used the term "for now". Smiley It's an interesting topic it's just that talking it today will just be lead into full of speculations with no strong basis since we have to wait for a year before we can see some progress about it. So for now, let's see how Leonard will behave in Toronto Raptors first.

Even with his mind not set when he was traded on Raptors they must see a good and healthy Kawhi. He cannot just play around without a championship goal. Any team he went through he must have that kind of mind set.

Toronto might even give him a better offer than what Lakers could give if he could give them also a championship.

That's what Im looking forward. He will disrespect the Raptors if he wont be the usual Kawhi Leonard. That team sacrifice their loyal player so in return Leonard at least show some balls that he is really serious in playing and not just he able to achieved his desire of being getting out at the shadow of San Antonio Spurs.
If he wanted to gain more respect from this league he needed to play at his best whatever teams he may go, we knew Kawhi he's been one of the top caliber player that this league have, Raptors deserve his leadership hopefully he will play the same attitude when he's still with coach Popovich.
The team has got good standings in their historical plays as well, that's why all gameplays they had gathered successful legacy. With regards to raptors, I guess their leadership has brought them to the journey that has been doing great job as well. Descipline was the best asset they had and that makes them successful all the time.
Raptors were swept by the cavaliers, they will be more aggressive in the upcoming season, and now that Lebron is in the West already,
we might see a great competition in the East although in general they are weaker compared to the East.
With Leonard in the line up, I believe they have a chance to win the NBA East Finals.

Raptors is a different team now with Leonard as the point man. So we can't compare the Raptors that was swept by the Cavs. Although I would tend to agree that they have a good chance specially Lebron left the East. One of my main concern though is how Leonard will blend, we might see some adjustment games and probably can attest how's his doing right before a All Star Break.

Well everyone seems to be making it all about kawhi in the east. Demar was doing a pretty good job as well and the raptors even took top spot quite a couple of times. Having kawhi doesn't guarantee anything and though weak as the east teams are compared to the west, a couple of then have better chances than the raptors this year.

He was really doing very good until he faces Lebron and the Cavs and he was exposed.  Grin

But I have to agree that Kawhi although is very young and talented is not a guarantee for the Raptors to take the number 1 spot in the East. Sixers or Celtics might get the top spot for me.

On another note, I would like to see Kahwi performed, specially after that dubious injury he got while he was in San Antonio. Or he will just give a so-so performance if he is not comfortable playing as Raptors and will opt out again?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 18, 2018, 10:53:05 AM
Yes that's very interesting but like what others said it seem to be not quite interesting to talk about them.

I used the term "for now". Smiley It's an interesting topic it's just that talking it today will just be lead into full of speculations with no strong basis since we have to wait for a year before we can see some progress about it. So for now, let's see how Leonard will behave in Toronto Raptors first.

If he wanted to gain more respect from this league he needed to play at his best whatever teams he may go, we knew Kawhi he's been one of the top caliber player that this league have, Raptors deserve his leadership hopefully he will play the same attitude when he's still with coach Popovich.
The team has got good standings in their historical plays as well, that's why all gameplays they had gathered successful legacy. With regards to raptors, I guess their leadership has brought them to the journey that has been doing great job as well. Descipline was the best asset they had and that makes them successful all the time.
Raptors were swept by the cavaliers, they will be more aggressive in the upcoming season, and now that Lebron is in the West already,
we might see a great competition in the East although in general they are weaker compared to the East.
With Leonard in the line up, I believe they have a chance to win the NBA East Finals.

Raptors is a different team now with Leonard as the point man. So we can't compare the Raptors that was swept by the Cavs. Although I would tend to agree that they have a good chance specially Lebron left the East. One of my main concern though is how Leonard will blend, we might see some adjustment games and probably can attest how's his doing right before a All Star Break.

Well everyone seems to be making it all about kawhi in the east. Demar was doing a pretty good job as well and the raptors even took top spot quite a couple of times. Having kawhi doesn't guarantee anything and though weak as the east teams are compared to the west, a couple of then have better chances than the raptors this year.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
August 18, 2018, 10:09:28 AM

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1040
Catalog Websites
August 18, 2018, 09:31:57 AM

I think the Raptors have the chance to win the ECF definitely now that Lebron is on the Western Conference already. They are a lot stronger than the their past roster now that Leonard is on their team already. They can win it if Leonard will not suffer another injury again throughout the season. Aside from the Raptors, I see Celtics and Philly as the teams that I see will win on the ECF.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
August 18, 2018, 06:58:09 AM

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251
August 18, 2018, 03:08:33 AM

Jump to: