Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 2618. (Read 899503 times)

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
August 17, 2018, 09:01:37 PM
Yes that's very interesting but like what others said it seem to be not quite interesting to talk about them.

I used the term "for now". Smiley It's an interesting topic it's just that talking it today will just be lead into full of speculations with no strong basis since we have to wait for a year before we can see some progress about it. So for now, let's see how Leonard will behave in Toronto Raptors first.

Even with his mind not set when he was traded on Raptors they must see a good and healthy Kawhi. He cannot just play around without a championship goal. Any team he went through he must have that kind of mind set.

Toronto might even give him a better offer than what Lakers could give if he could give them also a championship.

That's what Im looking forward. He will disrespect the Raptors if he wont be the usual Kawhi Leonard. That team sacrifice their loyal player so in return Leonard at least show some balls that he is really serious in playing and not just he able to achieved his desire of being getting out at the shadow of San Antonio Spurs.
If he wanted to gain more respect from this league he needed to play at his best whatever teams he may go, we knew Kawhi he's been one of the top caliber player that this league have, Raptors deserve his leadership hopefully he will play the same attitude when he's still with coach Popovich.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
August 17, 2018, 07:37:34 PM
Yes that's very interesting but like what others said it seem to be not quite interesting to talk about them.

I used the term "for now". Smiley It's an interesting topic it's just that talking it today will just be lead into full of speculations with no strong basis since we have to wait for a year before we can see some progress about it. So for now, let's see how Leonard will behave in Toronto Raptors first.

Even with his mind not set when he was traded on Raptors they must see a good and healthy Kawhi. He cannot just play around without a championship goal. Any team he went through he must have that kind of mind set.

Toronto might even give him a better offer than what Lakers could give if he could give them also a championship.

That's what Im looking forward. He will disrespect the Raptors if he wont be the usual Kawhi Leonard. That team sacrifice their loyal player so in return Leonard at least show some balls that he is really serious in playing and not just he able to achieved his desire of being getting out at the shadow of San Antonio Spurs.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
August 17, 2018, 07:20:28 PM
It's just a prediction but this could be good for the Lakers, Leonard and Lebron James playing together, they'll definitely dominate in the league.
I like their chances then, hopefully the Lakers will be back on the championship next year.
Leonard and James is a good combination but like the hearsay that they can't play together from the start. But I do think that this can be one of the best tandem for this season. It's too early to speculate but if this rumor can be for real, well see another team that has been made and teamed up just to beat a certain team. If you know what I mean.

Its gonna be interesting to see those 2 play together, we also did say that Lebron and Wade will not be a match but they proved everything wrong at Miami. Let's see how it goes in the following year. Its a intriguing combination, but if they blend well then they will give GSW a run for their money.  Wink

The hearsay only determines that tandem won't work from the beginning but we know that these 2 athletes are very flexible and can work with anyone just to get to the top.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
August 17, 2018, 04:37:48 PM

That was just a forecast for 2019-20 Season. As for me, it's quite not interesting to discussed what will be happenings on 2019-20 for now as overall, everything will just be a speculation. But surely Kawhi Leonard will only remained in Raptors for a year unless a good max contract will be offered and he will not focus on getting to a much stronger team. Raptors is targeting him in free agency.

Kawhi Leonard can't be traded to other team this season and will play at the Raptors the whole year. We can just expect news about his next possible team once he hits free agency next year and surely lots of team will target him and can even spoiled the expectation of others that he will go to LA Lakers..

Yes and he must play better this year.

Scouts will be lurking around. They might even be eyeing on him because of this speculations. Is he worth for the salary cap that will be freed by the Lakers?

legendary
August 17, 2018, 01:09:18 PM

That was just a forecast for 2019-20 Season. As for me, it's quite not interesting to discussed what will be happenings on 2019-20 for now as overall, everything will just be a speculation. But surely Kawhi Leonard will only remained in Raptors for a year unless a good max contract will be offered and he will not focus on getting to a much stronger team. Raptors is targeting him in free agency.

Kawhi Leonard can't be traded to other team this season and will play at the Raptors the whole year. We can just expect news about his next possible team once he hits free agency next year and surely lots of team will target him and can even spoiled the expectation of others that he will go to LA Lakers..
August 17, 2018, 09:44:46 AM
It's just a prediction but this could be good for the Lakers, Leonard and Lebron James playing together, they'll definitely dominate in the league.
I like their chances then, hopefully the Lakers will be back on the championship next year.
Leonard and James is a good combination but like the hearsay that they can't play together from the start. But I do think that this can be one of the best tandem for this season. It's too early to speculate but if this rumor can be for real, well see another team that has been made and teamed up just to beat a certain team. If you know what I mean.

It is a forecast and could happen.
Remember that trades could happen until the All Star Week. They could adjust some with their players or try to look for a better deal but it could ruin the chemistry. That is a risk they should be willing to take.

I am guessing this predictions happens because of Kawhi's statement that he wants to be in the LA team. They might look at this deeper since Kawhi also have history with injuries now even if he is a Finals MVP.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1040
Catalog Websites
August 17, 2018, 08:24:31 AM
I don't see any disadvantages if the two of them will be at the same team together in the next seasons. They can be a good tandem and add a good point guard into the Lakers team and they can be the new Big 3 again.

If the speculations that Leonard will start in 19-20 season with the Lakers, then it will be good for them. At that time, maybe some these young players today will be as good as an all star at that time. Lets just wait for the things to come.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
August 17, 2018, 07:38:10 AM
I think kawhi and lebron is an AMAZING pair however we are talking about warriors and rockets at west as the current best teams and just check their rosters. Rockets are the weaker of the two with harden and paul being the best players and lets assume kawhi can stop harden, lonzo will certainly not able to stop paul and they have good center at capela which lakers don't have and have melo helping out and eric gordon shooting lights out. Just lebron and kawhi will not be able to fight against all that team if the team around them is horrible.

If we look at warriors, we know steph is the best shooter of all times, we know klay is a close second, we know KD can score at will whenever he wants to, we know draymond is an amazing defender and well look at that they got cousins (he probably leave after this year) which means warriors are insane as always.

Now this is lebron and kawhi, they can really pull a rabbit out of a hat, however they also need decent team around them to have a shot at the title because lets face it this is a team sport, lebron carries all his teams to finals but he also loses in the finals.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
August 17, 2018, 05:04:31 AM

Its gonna be interesting to see those 2 play together, we also did say that Lebron and Wade will not be a match but they proved everything wrong at Miami. Let's see how it goes in the following year. Its a intriguing combination, but if they blend well then they will give GSW a run for their money.  Wink
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
August 17, 2018, 03:25:36 AM
There are a lot of things that would happen in a year or so so we wouldn’t have the right thing all right evidence to support that claim and we will see how Leonard will play with the raptors and probably if he likes the outcome he would stay there for 2019–2020. Maybe it could happen.
August 17, 2018, 02:46:38 AM
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
August 17, 2018, 01:56:33 AM
August 17, 2018, 01:01:18 AM
Activity: 2716
Merit: 552
August 16, 2018, 09:36:59 PM
People above me are talking about the Twolves. Im not really a fan of the team but Ive heard there was a misunderstanding between Jimmy and Karl Anthony during and after the season? And that could be a ground for them to send Jimmy away? Do they have prospects already to replace Jimmy? Btw, Drose fits well at Twolves than at the Cavs.
August 16, 2018, 05:44:53 PM

Honestly, Jimmy Butler is inconsistent. Period lol.
Jimmy Butler. I thought he is going to be a real star. Correct, his inconsistency might be the reason behind all of the trades that is happening to him.

And to add for that, Timberwolves might getting a good exchanges of players in returned if they trade Jimmy Butler as he is currently an All-Star player. He is good and no doubt a scorer but again he is really inconsistent even during Chicago Bulls days. Good chance now for Twolves to revamped their current squad.

Ooh. That could be the best trade that might happen to them.
Releasing a star in exchange for good players that might tuck in good with the Twolves.
Derrick Rose games have been better after a lot of injuries and they have Towns which is growing like crazy on his inside game.
They have veterans who can give some tips. They just need some back ups or a player that could be a captain.
Remember that it is Butler that is calling the plays last year.
A good opportunity for Rose to be back as a star or for the new player thatwill come in.
legendary
August 16, 2018, 04:53:24 PM

Hhhaha, for sure mate. He went from being the superstar that San Antonio really wanted after Tim's departure, to a prima donna.

@harizen, it was a different case though, the fans understand that he is supposed to be "injured" and he was still in San Antonio uniform that time. And remember that he demanded to be traded Its obvious that his PR team is doing some damage control with this statement:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kawhi-leonard-thanks-san-antonio-spurs-in-first-statement-since-being-traded-to-the-raptors/

Again, there are disappointed fans but not majority. Different from majority like example, Cavaliers fans when LeBron James leaves for the first time and OKC fans when Kevin Durant left.

The post of gabmen is:

I'm curious if the spurs' fans would have the same love for kawhi when he goes back to sa,

It's impossible that majority of Spurs fan there will turned against Leonard.

Kawhi Leonard's journey to San Antonio Spurs is great. They became champion, a West contender, a team to beat. All Spurs fan have nothing to demand for him unlike LeBron and Durant where there are still task to complete when they left. It's quiet disrespectful if those will not show love to Leonard just because of this drama. Surely they will easily move on as their team is still a tough team even without Leonard.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
August 16, 2018, 04:13:08 PM

Side topic:

Dates that notable players with new teams will be visiting their former teams during the 2018-19 season.

DATE

Carmelo Anthony at OKC   Nov. 8
LeBron James at CLE           Nov. 21
DeAndre Jordan at LAC   Dec. 20
Kawhi Leonard at SA           Jan. 3
Blake Griffin at LAC           Jan. 12
Tony Parker at SA           Jan. 14
DeMar DeRozan at TOR   Feb. 22

Interesting to see how the Cleveland will react to James. The first time he transferred it was really ugly and there are reports that some fans burned James Jersey. But I think Cavs fans will be soft this time, because he was able to bring a trophy (which he promised.) Tony Parker will be embraced by San Antonio and perhaps gives him tribute when he goes back and play on Jan. 14.

He tried his best. Actually I have never seen a player played that much just like Lebron James minutes. It is too exhausting just watching him almost not having a break.

He had a mindset of a champion and yet it is just short and I dont blame the other players of Cleveland too. It is just too hard to reach a certain game like Lebron. He is really on his peak of playing basketball.

I want to see DeRozan ex-team reaction though. He is one of the best in Toronto and now here is what happened.

Yes. DeRozan is also going to be something big when he goes back to Toronto again. Seems that he doesn't like to leave the Raptors but its business and as much as the fans wanted him, the management makes the final decision. He will be appreciated, because he was traded and didn't left like what Lebron in "The Decision", or Durant decisions on moving to GSW.

What do you mean by "when he goes back"?

What I meant is DeRozan going back to play as ex-Toronto Raptors in  Scotiabank Arena on Feb. 22.

Oh I see. It's going be nothing but love and respect. It was the managements decision at the end of the day. The fans will show love.

I'm curious if the spurs' fans would have the same love for kawhi when he goes back to sa, since the parting doesn't seem to be that good with a lot of drama involved.

Hhhaha, for sure mate. He went from being the superstar that San Antonio really wanted after Tim's departure, to a prima donna.

@harizen, it was a different case though, the fans understand that he is supposed to be "injured" and he was still in San Antonio uniform that time. And remember that he demanded to be traded Its obvious that his PR team is doing some damage control with this statement:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kawhi-leonard-thanks-san-antonio-spurs-in-first-statement-since-being-traded-to-the-raptors/
legendary
August 16, 2018, 12:21:14 PM
I'm curious if the spurs' fans would have the same love for kawhi when he goes back to sa, since the parting doesn't seem to be that good with a lot of drama involved.

Im sure that San Antonio Spurs fans are not buttheart. If does, we should see that behaviour last playoffs since even Kawhi Leonard was cleared by his doctor that he is fit to play or even just to watched a single game during playoffs as support, he didn't make it and fans don't have a bitter reaction about that, at least by majority. There are dissapointed fans no doubt about that but not to the point they will take it too far once Kawhi will return at AT&T Center.

Jimmy Butler. I thought he is going to be a real star. Correct, his inconsistency might be the reason behind all of the trades that is happening to him.

And to add for that, Timberwolves might getting a good exchanges of players in returned if they trade Jimmy Butler as he is currently an All-Star player. He is good and no doubt a scorer but again he is really inconsistent even during Chicago Bulls days. Good chance now for Twolves to revamped their current squad.

Interesting, those NBA players who granted by NBA to play at Asian games will now faced each other on August 21st.

Jordan Clarkson, Cleveland Cavaliers,  Philippines
Zhou Qi, Houston Rockets, China
Ding Yanyuhang, Dallas Mavericks, China

August 16, 2018, 11:37:38 AM
...and to be honest Butler and Irving is not a good pair.

We all know how NBA management works. They have all the data on what is happening with one player. Butler cannot get away from that. If they see big holes in his gameplay then they will do what needs to be done.
T'Wolves is a great team with great players in it and yet they almost fell short into getting the playoffs spot at number 8. Denver almost took that spot.

Jeff Teague
Derrick Rose
Taj Gibson
Jimmy Butler
Jamal Crawford
Karl-Anthony Towns

They got a good 2nd team also.

It would be best to pair Irving into a good forward. If it is Knicks that is eyeing for him then he already have Porzingis there. Just another addition of a big man (forward or small forward) can complete it.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 16, 2018, 11:20:09 AM

Side topic:

Dates that notable players with new teams will be visiting their former teams during the 2018-19 season.

DATE

Carmelo Anthony at OKC   Nov. 8
LeBron James at CLE           Nov. 21
DeAndre Jordan at LAC   Dec. 20
Kawhi Leonard at SA           Jan. 3
Blake Griffin at LAC           Jan. 12
Tony Parker at SA           Jan. 14
DeMar DeRozan at TOR   Feb. 22

Interesting to see how the Cleveland will react to James. The first time he transferred it was really ugly and there are reports that some fans burned James Jersey. But I think Cavs fans will be soft this time, because he was able to bring a trophy (which he promised.) Tony Parker will be embraced by San Antonio and perhaps gives him tribute when he goes back and play on Jan. 14.

He tried his best. Actually I have never seen a player played that much just like Lebron James minutes. It is too exhausting just watching him almost not having a break.

He had a mindset of a champion and yet it is just short and I dont blame the other players of Cleveland too. It is just too hard to reach a certain game like Lebron. He is really on his peak of playing basketball.

I want to see DeRozan ex-team reaction though. He is one of the best in Toronto and now here is what happened.

Yes. DeRozan is also going to be something big when he goes back to Toronto again. Seems that he doesn't like to leave the Raptors but its business and as much as the fans wanted him, the management makes the final decision. He will be appreciated, because he was traded and didn't left like what Lebron in "The Decision", or Durant decisions on moving to GSW.

What do you mean by "when he goes back"?

What I meant is DeRozan going back to play as ex-Toronto Raptors in  Scotiabank Arena on Feb. 22.

Oh I see. It's going be nothing but love and respect. It was the managements decision at the end of the day. The fans will show love.

Jump to: