Pages:
Author

Topic: 280 BTC total bets between Micon and mrb (are BFL ASICs real?) - page 22. (Read 46374 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
You should get his consent before sending more BTC after he sends any.  It's OK to send first if he hasn't sent, because I can always make sure you get your money back if he doesn't participate.  Once he has paid money to the address, I can no longer do that.

As I understood it, any one of the three of you can take control of all the funds so long as one of the other two parties cooperates with you.  So as soon as mrb sends his payment invitation to casascius, casascius can distribute the coins, without consent of the 3rd party.  That's right isn't it?
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
If you match this 0.1 BTC, I will send 10 BTC, then 100 BTC, then 1000 BTC, then 20000 BTC.

You should get his consent before sending more BTC after he sends any.  It's OK to send first if he hasn't sent, because I can always make sure you get your money back if he doesn't participate.  Once he has paid money to the address, I can no longer do that.
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
No, you are the one who refused. I privately offered you to bet up to 1000 BTC, and you chickened out  Roll Eyes
No, I have offered you a bigger amount. You are the one that refused and asked for a smaller bet up to 1000 btc. I'm interested in bigger amount sufficient to punish all BFL cheerleaders that are constantly poisoning every single thread that exposes BFL's shady business practices and lies. Someone will pay for all of them. As the most vocal among all the trolls I want you to pay for all of them!

You have not offered anything: you were just trolling / lying. I don't believe you have anywhere close to thousands of BTC. That's why I asked you to prove ownership of a mere 1000 BTC, and you refused! So how could anybody believe you?

Let me use your technique against yourself: I hereby declare I am willing to bet 20 thousand BTC. To get this bet started between you and I, I already sent a very real 0.1 BTC to our escrow address (see the PMs that casascius and I sent you): http://blockchain.info/address/18nG2DCC7DtBeMijVWWWYKmfe6BXXTBsdQ

I have taken the first step: I have bet more than you so far.

Your turn.

If you match this 0.1 BTC, I will send 10 BTC, then 100 BTC, then 1000 BTC, then 20000 BTC. Progressively increasing the amount each time.

But I suspect you are going to come up a lame reason to even refuse to match this 0.1 BTC, thereby proving my point that I am willing to bet more than anybody else, especially more than you.

I would be delighted to have you bet against me, becoin. Come on, time to put up or shut up Smiley Send the BTC to the escrow address like I did!
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
No, you are the one who refused. I privately offered you to bet up to 1000 BTC, and you chickened out  Roll Eyes
No, I have offered you a bigger amount. You are the one that refused and asked for a smaller bet up to 1000 btc. I'm interested in bigger amount sufficient to punish all BFL cheerleaders that are constantly poisoning every single thread that exposes BFL's shady business practices and lies. Someone will pay for all of them. As the most vocal among all the trolls I want you to pay for all of them!
mrb
legendary
Thanks casascius.

becoin: time to put ut or shut up: I sent you a payment invitation code. Please confirm that it leads to the creation of the following address, and let's start placing bets (same terms as the ones between Micon and I): http://blockchain.info/address/18nG2DCC7DtBeMijVWWWYKmfe6BXXTBsdQ
vip
I PM'd a PGP-encrypted code to mrb

It starts with einvaGg87t

I PM'd a plaintext code to becoin

It starts with einvbGg87t

I'm willing to reissue a new code if the fact that I sent one in a plaintext PM is undesirable, simply send me an e-mail address and/or PGP key for the replacement code.
mrb
legendary
I agree! I will send 20 coins in ~3 hours. Let me know when you are ready to add even more...

I have offered you even more. You refused. So, stop trolling!

Are you changing your mind? If so, casascius, please create becoin and I an (A, B) pair of escrow codes.
legendary
This keeps doubling, it may even reach 1600.

40 - 80 - 160 - 320 - 640 - 1280 - 2560

nope  Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
This keeps doubling, it may even reach 1600.
legendary
I agree! I will send 20 coins in ~3 hours. Let me know when you are ready to add even more...

I have offered you even more. You refused. So, stop trolling!
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Oh man.. this cannot end well.
It'll end very nicely for two of us.  Cheesy
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Oh man.. this cannot end well.
mrb
legendary
I just sent 20.00007985 BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot

hit the hash  [  1Btxe5E8E4jCWfDhQMr683sVYnLgNLbA9z   ]

with 20.00042  / cost a .001 xfer fee so idk if it looks like 20.00142 or 20.00042 but yeah that was me just now
vip
I will increase our wager by 20 coins.  I like going slow.  That's how I gamble.  I will hit the hash if you agree.  Same bet / same terms / same hash / 20 coins more.

Observed
mrb
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
Micon,

I don't know what can be simplified in the terms of our wager. There is a date, and a basic Mhash/Joule efficiency metric whose only purpose is to differentiate ASICs from other technologies. What do you want to research exactly, in order to bet more? If you have questions, let me know.

mrb,

apologies.  I have a newborn child + Seals got DDoS'd in the last 2 days.

I will increase our wager by 20 coins.  I like going slow.  That's how I gamble.  I will hit the hash if you agree.  Same bet / same terms / same hash / 20 coins more.
legendary
so far were based only on his gut feelings about BFL.
Hmm... A gut feeling, you say? A proven and public record of lies and delay after lies and delay after lies and delay after lies and delay after lies and delay?!... Since when the lesson of the past is a question of gut feelings?

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm not saying he's wrong.  Just that I think that's why he was delaying.

I haven't been following any of the ASIC stuff, not being a miner, so really have no idea how likely Micon is to win this bet.
legendary
so far were based only on his gut feelings about BFL.
Hmm... A gut feeling, you say? A proven and public record of lies and delay after lies and delay after lies and delay after lies and delay after lies and delay?!... Since when the lesson of the past is a question of gut feelings?

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
legendary
I don't know what can be simplified in the terms of our wager. There is a date, and a basic Mhash/Joule efficiency metric whose only purpose is to differentiate ASICs from other technologies. What do you want to research exactly, in order to bet more? If you have questions, let me know.

I think what he's saying is that he wants to research whether it's likely that BFL won't deliver before he is willing to bet large amounts of money that BFL won't deliver and that his bets so far were based only on his gut feelings about BFL.
Pages:
Jump to: