Pages:
Author

Topic: [350 GH/s] "Eligius" (experimental) pool: almost feeless PPS, hoppers welcome - page 14. (Read 116938 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Invalid block on eu?
Yeah, that sucks. At least it was the 2nd today...
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
legendary
USA is down. DNS is all directed to Europe. Come on IRC for details/updates

Edit: Everything back to normal.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
Why has my payout been withheld?

"Unpaid reward : 1.82903769 BTC
This is the reward you earned by contributing to the previous blocks. This amount will be paid to you when it reaches 1 BTC or after one week of inactivity, when the pool finds a block."
Sometimes, the miners earning less than 1 BTC reach their minimum payout at the same time, which can result in a total should-be-paid over the 50 BTC available. When that happens, the pool prioritizes people who have been waiting longer, and leaves the rest to catchup in the next block(s).

I see.  That at least explains the weird behavior I've seen.  I got the payment and a few others afterwards. Thanks for the reply

So I'm still a little confused. I haven't had a delay yet, but I would like to understand how the transactions work.

So say block 1xxxx1 is solved by eligius and 10 people are each owed .50 btc for a total of 5.00. Block transaction pays out 45 directly and 5 to a holding pool???

Block 1xxxx2 is solved by eligius and those 10 people are each owed 1.00 now. Wouldn't the pool total payout for that round be 55?

I don't get where the delay is introduced?

Anyone able to answer why there is a delay? Unless you are trying to avoid transaction fees and only pay out 50 btc per block, but that would result at some point in the vast majority being unpaid as the incremental < 1.00 miner balances keep accumulating, would it not?

Yes, the point is to avoid transaction fees for us. The payout will probably be configurable when we can sign stuff with our addresses.
Activity: 134

This is the reward you earned by contributing to the previous blocks. This amount will be paid to you when it reaches 1 BTC or after one week of inactivity, when the pool finds a block."
Sometimes, the miners earning less than 1 BTC reach their minimum payout at the same time, which can result in a total should-be-paid over the 50 BTC available. When that happens, the pool prioritizes people who have been waiting longer, and leaves the rest to catchup in the next block(s).

I see.  That at least explains the weird behavior I've seen.  I got the payment and a few others afterwards. Thanks for the reply

So I'm still a little confused. I haven't had a delay yet, but I would like to understand how the transactions work.

So say block 1xxxx1 is solved by eligius and 10 people are each owed .50 btc for a total of 5.00. Block transaction pays out 45 directly and 5 to a holding pool???

Block 1xxxx2 is solved by eligius and those 10 people are each owed 1.00 now. Wouldn't the pool total payout for that round be 55?

Anyone able to answer why there is a delay? Unless you are trying to avoid transaction fees and only pay out 50 btc per block, but that would result at some point in the vast majority being unpaid as the incremental < 1.00 miner balances keep accumulating, would it not?
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Is the overall hash rate (for EU and US servers) listed somewhere on the artefact2 page?  I haven't been able to find it since the most recent layout update.  It's helpful to be able to work out what the expected time to solve a block is - can estimate based on the graph, but would be nice to have the numbers for each server.
Activity: 123
Artefact -- Any chance of putting the last refreshed time back on the bottom of the page? I only ask to lessen the bandwidth. It reminds me that I can wait 2 more minutes for an auto refresh rather than hitting f5 every minute ;o)

You can enable autorefresh by clicking the link at the bottom of the page.

I see.  That at least explains the weird behavior I've seen.  I got the payment and a few others afterwards. Thanks for the reply

Activity: 232
Merit: 250

I see.  That at least explains the weird behavior I've seen.  I got the payment and a few others afterwards. Thanks for the reply
legendary

Artefact -- Any chance of putting the last refreshed time back on the bottom of the page? I only ask to lessen the bandwidth. It reminds me that I can wait 2 more minutes for an auto refresh rather than hitting f5 every minute ;o)
Activity: 232

Clearly I have exceeded the payout threshhold, any my previous payouts worked before.  
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
i had 1h with 190 MH/s on deepbitt with about 160 shares and got 0.007 BTC for that
on eligius i get much more about twice as much and its a bad luck week so if EU gets good luck you will make your cut if you got more than a CPU Hasher
so PPS make no sense for me and i woud rekomand the ssystem as it is.
legendary
FYI, after a week of testing on Europe, I have calculated that a patch I wrote decreases duplicate work by 0.7%.
could it be this patch causing trouble with phoenix?
No.
Does us.mining.eligius.st work as a "normal" bitcoin node?  Is there any reason I shouldn't specify it via bitcoin.conf as a node I want to connect to every start up?
The pool nodes are not publicly accessible for security reasons. You can use relay.eligius.st if you want to use Eligius's lower fees.
Any consideration of going to a score based system?  I really like the operation of this pool, but it is too susceptible to pool hopping right now.
Score-based is also susceptible, and is unfair to miners who aren't 24/7. There has been discussion of moving to a PPS-like scheme on IRC (which is where most of the discussion tends to be in general).
Do you have to specify a receive address on the local machine? Currently I keep my wallet totally separate from my miners. Will this work with eligius?
Eligius doesn't know/care about where it's sending to.
Disclaimer - I'm not eligius staff, just a hobbyist.
Everyone is "just a hobbyist"; that's the point of this being a community pool: we all get to hobby-run the pool Cheesy
I like that you can just put your address in the commandline and your ready to go.
If I understand this correctly, it should provide better results longterm than a pps pool?
All pools can provide more or less the same results over time. The difference here is in fees: PPS pools tend to take large fees (eg, 10% for Deepbit) to cover the extremely high risk taken by the pool operator.
And why is the EU Server so small (20 Gh/s) compared to the US one (120 Gh/s).
Common european people, bring it on, the EU server needs more power!  Cool
People seem to prefer larger pools for some reason, despite them not having any practical advantage (over a certain threshold). Eligius Europe has also been having some rather bad luck (5% chance to have as bad luck as we've had lately), so some of the miners on it gave up and moved to USA.
Activity: 313
Hello there,

just joined this pool today Grin

I like that you can just put your address in the commandline and your ready to go.
If I understand this correctly, it should provide better results longterm than a pps pool?

And why is the EU Server so small (20 Gh/s) compared to the US one (120 Gh/s).
Common european people, bring it on, the EU server needs more power!  Cool

copper member
Activity: 56
Disclaimer - I'm not eligius staff, just a hobbyist.

I have been using eligius off and on with some testing stuff.  I still collect even if my miner is offline and I have contributed to the block.

You can use the stats page to see what the payout will be per-your-contribution.  For example, I was spinning 500MHs for a while, then turned the machines off.  In that time, I received 0.16 bitcoins from previous work on a block.  My current payout estimate is only 0.05 as a result of my average work on the current block.
do you have to actually be connected and contributing at the time block is found or can you just have contributed during that block search?
that
Activity: 210
firstbits: 121vnq
do you have to actually be connected and contributing at the time block is found or can you just have contributed during that block search?
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
Do you have to specify a receive address on the local machine? Currently I keep my wallet totally separate from my miners. Will this work with eligius?
An address is just a combination of numbers and letters - how should this require a wallet?

Yes, you shoud/have to enter a payout address.
No, you don't need a wallet.dat next to your miner for this (hint: Pen and paper can also store an address!)
Luke can you maybe insert the counter again for how many shares in last 3 hours?

and maybe you can give the full amount of shares per day?

duno how difficulty this may be but its very interesting for me couse i got only so little MH/s
so its very interesting and maybe you can do this with little time investment.
Pages:
Jump to: