Pages:
Author

Topic: [350 GH/s] "Eligius" (experimental) pool: almost feeless PPS, hoppers welcome - page 18. (Read 116938 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
The EU pool on Eligius has been having bad luck recently.  Only two blocks solved in the past week!  Average should be about 3-4.

It's a pretty small pool, so you are going to have runs of good or bad luck like this.  When the luck is better you will make a lot, when the luck is bad, not so much.

You could switch to a larger pool (even the US Eligius pool if you have good connectivity to US) or just wait it out.

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
guys can some1  explain me how exactly I can monitor my balance because http://eligius.st/~artefact2/eu/xxxx.htm is totally depressing. my speed is about 370 mhesh I mine more than 40 hours and my balance is only 0.89... yesterday I stopped mining maybe for a 1 hour and my balance dropped from 0.74 to 0.68 it tooks me more than 3 hours to hit 0.74 again. Now I stopped mining for a 5  minutes and my balance goes from 0.89 to 0.88 btc. And I checked my balance and it freezed at 0.89 for the last 4 hours.
http://eligius.st/~artefact2/eu/1Hfaub3v6t2FF6o3KUoeG7gVSR8ANE5HmF.htm

I checked balances.json but I dont really sure whats this mean {"balance":88995447,"oldest":1306729455,"newest":1306821905.39}
Activity: 10
I've been using this pool for a while.  I use ufasoft on my i7-920 and poclbm with my GTS250.  I've noticed that my cpu mining gets invalid results once maybe 20.  My gpu gets invalids once or twice out of 10.  My gpu mines at 28m whereas my cpu mines at 6.  Why does my gpu get invalids so often?  Is it just because of the different miners?
What address?

Both point to the us pool
Activity: 48
Eligius has been really lucky today (7 blocks in 24 hours -- average should be about 4).  A few days ago it was really unlucky (no blocks in 24+ hours).  That's how it goes with these moderate-sized pools.

Oh that makes sense. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Eligius has been really lucky today (7 blocks in 24 hours -- average should be about 4).  A few days ago it was really unlucky (no blocks in 24+ hours).  That's how it goes with these moderate-sized pools.

Activity: 48
Been mining here, at BTC Guild, and BTC Mine for the last 24 hours.

Here's my resource allocation to each pool:
BTC Guild: 350MH/s
BTC Mine: 350MH/s
Eligius: 70MH/s

After 24 hours, I have these rewards:
BTC Guild: 0.75  Smiley
BTC Mine: 0.67  Smiley
Eligius: 0.33   Grin

I'm quite surprised by how high Eligius' rewards are. I would expect that by sending 1/5 of the hashrate of the others, I would get 1/5 of the reward. But it doesn't seem to work like that. Hmm. Can anyone clarify? It's tempting to put more resources on Eligius and see what happens...
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Read the text below the numbers. Yes, it's not just for aesthetics !
I did.

That's kind of my point.
If "This is the reward you earned by contributing to the previous blocks." then it's around 50% too small for the time spent mining compared to what I generate on slush in the same timeframe.

This is why I was asking about correctness, not for snideness.

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I've been using this pool for a while.  I use ufasoft on my i7-920 and poclbm with my GTS250.  I've noticed that my cpu mining gets invalid results once maybe 20.  My gpu gets invalids once or twice out of 10.  My gpu mines at 28m whereas my cpu mines at 6.  Why does my gpu get invalids so often?  Is it just because of the different miners?
What address?
Activity: 10
legendary
FYI, if you would like to take advantage of Eligius's lower transaction fees, you can clone/merge my eligius_sendfee branch:
Code:
git clone -b eligius_sendfee git://gitorious.org/~Luke-Jr/bitcoin/luke-jr-bitcoin.git # If you don't have any code yet
git fetch git://gitorious.org/~Luke-Jr/bitcoin/luke-jr-bitcoin.git eligius_sendfee && git merge FETCH_HEAD # Inside an existing git repository
I was also asked to write a branch that sends transactions only accepted by Eligius. Replace "sendfee" with "sendonly" to get that. It works by paying fees directly to a "magic" Eligius address rather than normal fees, and making that output non-standard to discourage other miners from including it.
legendary
I know this is an error clearly on my side but would it be possible to throw an error when a login is attempted with empty username so that others do not get into the same situation?
There are many possible errors. Yours is the first I've seen with a null username. Checking for errors adds overhead to every single getwork, and either changes the C code or requires a very carefully crafted MySQL query (which I am aiming to remove for efficiency anyway). I also have other things to work on before I declare Eligius to have formally left the "experimental" stage. So I have to say, if address checking for mining is to be implemented, it won't be very soon... sorry.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
http://eligius.st/~artefact2/eu/ reports

Unpaid reward : 129,365.08 μBTC (0.12936508 BTC)

That, too, would be tiny compared to what I should theoretically have mined that day(on slush it would be twice that for 18h runtime).

What went wrong where?

Read the text below the numbers. Yes, it's not just for aesthetics !
Nevermind, just saw I was checking wrong URL.

So I mined 18 hours and checked for my balance in both places listed here:

Says "8xxxxxx" as value under http://eligius.st/~luke-jr/raw/eu/balances.json

Does that mean 0.08xx BTC?

That would be completely off.

http://eligius.st/~artefact2/eu/ reports

Unpaid reward : 129,365.08 μBTC (0.12936508 BTC)

That, too, would be tiny compared to what I should theoretically have mined that day(on slush it would be twice that for 18h runtime).

What went wrong where?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Luke - one issue: Due to an error in one script on my side I've accidently mined for about 8 hours with an empty username (http://:[email protected]/).
The login worked so I was not suspicious until I saw the the hashrate was equal to zero several hours later.

I know this is an error clearly on my side but would it be possible to throw an error when a login is attempted with empty username so that others do not get into the same situation?

legendary
I had problems with phoenix when I first joined.
There's definitely something seriously wrong with Phoenix. Perhaps someone should ask the author to figure out what? :p
Activity: 29
I've been mining for over a 4 days now on eligius and I still havent seen a drop of bitcoins.... what gives? I realize I'm mining with a really bad GPU (GTX 258) and getting only 60 mhash/s but shouldn't I atleast be getting SOME bitcoins? like some change? I have a high number of stales too 196 at the moment, but I have 4,383 accepted. Am I misunderstanding how bitcoin mining works? Should I even try to mine with 60 Mhash/s?

You get paid out when you hit 1.0 BTC _AND_ a block is found to pay people out from. We're still finding blocks regularly, so its not too long to get paid out.

As for worth mining with 60Mhash - check the mining calculators for your cost of power (dont forget to x 1.6-1.9 if you have to run AC too) and if you leave your computer on anyway (take away that base power level from your increase for bitcoin to find the extra power and its cost) -

the only thing that determines value of mining isnt the difficulty, it's your ratio of MH/s to the whole market indexed against the value of a BTC in USD or other.
It floats up and down between worth it and not for any particular rig.
Using the artefact2 stats, at some point during today the estimated reward reset from an already too small amount(was getting a rate around 40-60% of what I earned on slush) to zero and has now remained zero despite continued mining throughout the day.

Where am I able to check "for sure" what I've "earned" so far?

Or is this an issue of amount of share value only being able to be determined once the current block gets solved?

Does that in turn mean I won't know how many BTC per day I make until we find another block despite continuously earning shares?
legendary
Someone asked 1BTC or once a week (once the credit is a week old? pool credits from the week? dont know), but 1.0BTC has exploded over the last 6 weeks and is about to get a lot higher.
I will, of course, gradually drop the minimum as the value comes up. The main point is to save you the transaction fees when you go to spend them.
Activity: 64
Pages:
Jump to: