Pages:
Author

Topic: [350 GH/s] "Eligius" (experimental) pool: almost feeless PPS, hoppers welcome - page 16. (Read 116938 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Now my shares don't seem to be showing up at all?  Huh

16xwypiCcnwJCFyFThhomXWy6A9uWWn4L4 is me

Back to slush...

This seems to be an issue with DiabloMiner, the hash rate reported in the pool stats is where it should be now using phoenix/phatk. 

In case anyone else might run into this I was using the latest DiabloMiner with dual 5830 cards on a Debian system running the 11.5 driver and 2.4 SDK.

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
It's your choice.

Objectively, Eligius is better because it has practically no fee, and it has some of the nicest ( Grin ) stats available.

oh yeah, I like the stats, but I would like them even better if they showed more earnings Wink

the other thing I really like is that there's no need to signup, using your bc address simply makes sense!
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
It is just bad luck. EU is a relatively small pool, some variance is to be expected.

so the big question is, should I stay or should I go now..?

stick with it and hope for better than average? or move to a bigger pool...

It's your choice.

Objectively, Eligius is better because it has practically no fee, and it has some of the nicest ( Grin ) stats available.
It is just bad luck. EU is a relatively small pool, some variance is to be expected.

so the big question is, should I stay or should I go now..?

stick with it and hope for better than average? or move to a bigger pool...
The estimate isn't per 24 hours, it's per-block; right now, Europe should find a block on average every 21 hours, which works out to 0.41 BTC every 24. You should see your estimate creep up (possibly slowly) toward the point where it reaches the full .56 BTC per 24 hours (which would be .49 BTC per 21).

sorry to keep bringing up the same topic again, I just want to make sure I understand what's going on.

it's now exactly 72 hours of nonstop 240mh/s going to the eu-eligius pool. hashrate shows up in the pool statistics just fine, with the expected variations but pretty close on average.

now my total earnings for these 3 days are 0.8 BTC, whereas the calculator estimates 1.68 for this time.

Is this just bad luck with the pool? would switching to a larger pool (us eligius or one of the other bigger ones) help me getting (much) closer to the estimated rewards? less than half is kinda depressing Wink

The estimate isn't per 24 hours, it's per-block; right now, Europe should find a block on average every 21 hours, which works out to 0.41 BTC every 24. You should see your estimate creep up (possibly slowly) toward the point where it reaches the full .56 BTC per 24 hours (which would be .49 BTC per 21).

sorry to keep bringing up the same topic again, I just want to make sure I understand what's going on.

it's now exactly 72 hours of nonstop 240mh/s going to the eu-eligius pool. hashrate shows up in the pool statistics just fine, with the expected variations but pretty close on average.

now my total earnings for these 3 days are 0.8 BTC, whereas the calculator estimates 1.68 for this time.

Is this just bad luck with the pool? would switching to a larger pool (us eligius or one of the other bigger ones) help me getting (much) closer to the estimated rewards? less than half is kinda depressing Wink

I'm seeing the same issue.  I think there is something wrong with the pool...

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
The EU pool on Eligius has been having bad luck recently.  Only two blocks solved in the past week!  Average should be about 3-4.
It's a pretty small pool, so you are going to have runs of good or bad luck like this.  When the luck is better you will make a lot, when the luck is bad, not so much.
Luke: since Eligius is still a little pool, why not join the eu and us pools together to minimize the variance?
I'm not sure why everyone assumes this is easy, or even possible... The main difficulty is finding a way to handle network issues when they can't talk.
how important is ping time in mining? I am throwing my shares at the us server - from europe and it seems to work fine. (ping 130ms at the moment)

Ping is not important, but reliability is. If EU finds a block, and cannot reach US (because of a network problem, or the US pool is down for example), how is it going to distribute the 50 BTC ? And no, waiting is not an option Wink

well then why not simply pull the plug on one of the servers and direct everyone to the same server... also less work for luke and you?

The point of having two pools in the first place is to have a better connectivity, whether you are in the US or in Europe. I'm in France, and I get much less rejected shares / connection problems with the Europe pool.
now that you say it I am getting four times more rejected shares than accepted. I am quite sure it was not like that yesterday...

phoenix and eligius together make a good team to keep me pampering the rig =)
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
The North Remembers
As soon as I get a few more bitcoins I want to buy a cell phone signal repeater for my house so signal won't be a problem. My dad is thinking about getting a 4G Thunderbolt so I'll have to borrow it and see what sort of 4G signal, if any, is available. Eventually I would like to buy some wind turbines and solar panels and go completely off grid and even maybe sell excess power back to the grid. I think it would be sweet to have a mining operation that is entirely self sufficient in case of a major attack on pools or hosting companies or anything. A hard emergency backup plan. All I need are funds. Come on Newegg! Restock those 5870x2's!
The EU pool on Eligius has been having bad luck recently.  Only two blocks solved in the past week!  Average should be about 3-4.
It's a pretty small pool, so you are going to have runs of good or bad luck like this.  When the luck is better you will make a lot, when the luck is bad, not so much.
Luke: since Eligius is still a little pool, why not join the eu and us pools together to minimize the variance?
I'm not sure why everyone assumes this is easy, or even possible... The main difficulty is finding a way to handle network issues when they can't talk.
how important is ping time in mining? I am throwing my shares at the us server - from europe and it seems to work fine. (ping 130ms at the moment)

Ping is not important, but reliability is. If EU finds a block, and cannot reach US (because of a network problem, or the US pool is down for example), how is it going to distribute the 50 BTC ? And no, waiting is not an option Wink

well then why not simply pull the plug on one of the servers and direct everyone to the same server... also less work for luke and you?

The point of having two pools in the first place is to have a better connectivity, whether you are in the US or in Europe. I'm in France, and I get much less rejected shares / connection problems with the Europe pool.
legendary

legendary
at the moment I get about four times as many shares rejected as accepted. I'm not quite sure but I think this is bad news? other pool works with the same card...

Also, I wanted to thank back all the people that helped me improving the graphs here and on IRC ! As you can see, the total paid is displayed as well.
legendary
I was mining over satellite internet and it was having empty queue errors all the time at higher aggression. I have since switch to a wireless tether to my cell phone and it seems to be doing better. My signal sucks here out in the boonies and it would probably be way better if I had more than a quarter bar.

extension antenna?
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
The North Remembers
I was mining over satellite internet and it was having empty queue errors all the time at higher aggression. I have since switch to a wireless tether to my cell phone and it seems to be doing better. My signal sucks here out in the boonies and it would probably be way better if I had more than a quarter bar.
legendary
copper member
Activity: 56
Woo, block discovery a few minutes ago on US! Smiley

I'd also like to take a moment to say thanks - this pool is simple and elegant to set up and monitor.  No webpage clutter to bugger with and everything is very simple to find - just stick in an address and start mining.  Check your progress the same way by sticking your address after eligius.st/~artefact2/.  Can't be easier. Smiley

The rrdtool graphs give me some nostalgia to the days I was a slave to Cacti. Smiley

The charts may seem confusing at first, but they're pretty easy to get the gist of.  I don't have any major concerns with the payout amounts and it seems fair.

It would be nice to see the payout threshold much lower, but it makes perfect sense on why it's set where it is for right now.  I also find the threshold automatically paying out after 2 weeks of inactivity very nice and refreshing - I've always wondered where the microcoins went at some of the other pools....  Wink
Now my shares don't seem to be showing up at all?  Huh

16xwypiCcnwJCFyFThhomXWy6A9uWWn4L4 is me

Back to slush...
I've had 220 or so going to eligius for a few days. 2 hr average hashrate hovers pretty close to 220, with dips and spikes of varying degrees.

What miner are you using?
Activity: 134
I've had 220 or so going to eligius for a few days. 2 hr average hashrate hovers pretty close to 220, with dips and spikes of varying degrees.
Pages:
Jump to: