Pages:
Author

Topic: [350 GH/s] "Eligius" (experimental) pool: almost feeless PPS, hoppers welcome - page 2. (Read 116938 times)

Activity: 556
Merit: 500
I was wondering how I got paid for block listed as invalid Tongue I believe the shares counter on the main page will need a reset too as its currently at 1,600,000+
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Despite what Artefact2's stats page says, our last block is valid (and has 2 confirmations as of the time of writing this). It included, in addition to the usual Eligius-3 payouts, also the sendmany for all the US balances. This means that if you had a US balance remaining, it should now be paid in full. Please report if there seems to be any problem with it. If I don't hear any problems with the US payouts, I will plan to do the same for EU balances on Thursday.
legendary
US balances have been paid in full via a standard sendmany transaction (txid: 451718e781fe39e6014d0000f891659d571eff25995e943b864a641b412dcd62). Since I didn't pay a fee, the network won't relay it, and you won't see it until it's confirmed, which should be no later than Eligius-3's next block. Assuming no problems, I plan to do the same for Europe's balances.
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010
Why is the share rejection rate of Eligius for me consistently worse than other pools with LP? I've seen Continuum, Bitcoin Pool, Eclipse, and even bitcoin.cz (which doesn't have LP) all do better than Eligius in this respect.
Yeah, this concerns me as well. Every time I look at my miner to check if it's doing ok, within minutes it shows a "timeout - can't connect" warning and about 8% of the found shares do never get to Eligius. That is also why my hashrate is under-reported. After the next payout I will give BTCGuild another try.
Try the bleeding-edge DiabloMiner (I don't know what version; Diablo just fixed it a few days ago) or my branch of poclbm, both of which have been made more robust to handle network issues (which should hopefully be much less with the big upgrade).

Since I'm in the US, that's probably part of the reason why the first three were getting less stale shares, as they are closer (and Eligius' US server has been down for a while). However, since bitcoin.cz is in Europe and doesn't use LP, I'm not sure what to say about it. I'll have to run some more tests at some point, but right now, I've decided to stick with pools that are closer by.

When will Eligius have a US server back up?
legendary
what does "hoppers ok" mean?
It means pool hoppers are welcome to hop into (or out of) the pool at any time. They will not be punished for doing so-- nor will they be paid more than the fair earnings for the work they do.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
what does "hoppers ok" mean?
legendary
Just an update... Eligius-3 seems to be running stable now. Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Firstbits: 1yetiax
Yay! It found its first block ca. an hour ago! Let's hope for some nice short rounds. Wink
Activity: 556
I hope things get better at eligius. The luck hasn't been good along with this downtime. 8 Million share block then 19 hours for only a 3 million share block plus 2 invalid blocks.  Shocked just wtf get out of here. This new server seems to be doing well so far 2mil shares no block yet but given the current difficulty its not unreasonable so far plus I like this new payout system. My estimated reward just keeps going up over time.  Grin
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
When will the old pool balances be paid?
legendary
I'm running windows and I want to send a non-standard transaction to Eligius because it would be cheaper
what's the easiest way to do this?
Right now, your best bet is to add mining.eligius.st as a node.
Activity: 658
I'm running windows and I want to send a non-standard transaction to Eligius because it would be cheaper
what's the easiest way to do this?
Activity: 518
Looking good so far. Latency/getwork seems much better, for a start... often got up towards 5-10% fewer shares/hour on Eligius-EU compared to other EU pools lately, but number 3 seems to be up to the task.

Will be interesting to see how the payout system works. I'm putting a little something in the donation jar... I think you might need a cold beer and some rest after setting this up...  Smiley
legendary
Ok, new efficient PPLNS pool is running on s3.mining.eligius.st. Use at your own risk-- it's obviously quite untested so far. Until we find the first block, both stats and time-based fee are known to be broken (that means you get less basically-no-fee-anyway until then!) Tongue
Primary DNS names will remain pointed at Europe until it finds its last block...
Activity: 518
Expected payout seems to have gone down to zero for the current block. Yellow line on graph still as expected, though. Did the SSD burst, or is Artefact2 poking around at the stats?

Not complaining, just not in irc so I'm posting here in case someone has news to report back from chat. I like the concept of the pool (especially the lack of hackable accounts), so keep up the good work. Smiley
legendary
Working hard on getting Eligius upgraded. Will need to drop some planned features, though. Main goal right now is optimization and SMPPS.

The Europe pool's SSD has finally nearly run out of space, so I plan to shut it down as soon as it finds its next block or the new pool is ready, whichever is later. That block's coinbase is hard-coded to pay out the smallest 901 balances, and I will be making a manual payout or transferring balances to the new pool for the rest later. If Europe finds a block before the new pool is ready, it will keep running, just to not waste hashing power, but it will probably never find another block after that one, so any work after the next block on Europe will be wasted unless we're extremely lucky. In short, do not expect payment on future Europe-pool work after this next block.

Stay tuned on IRC. I will probably also post an update to Artefact2's stats site when things change over.
Activity: 123
I made a new minor feature for the stats, it just shows the number of shares in the current round, and its CDF (Cumulative Distribution Function).
The percentage represents the probability that a block should have been found given the number of submitted shares in this round.

Also, the picture doesn't show it, but there's a nice "realtime" effect Tongue

It's still the same URI, and still the same address for donations Smiley Thanks !
Firstbits: 1yetiax
Maybe you need to cut him some slack as he is managing this pool in his spare time. If you decide to make mining a business (where it's all about profit), maybe this is not the right pool for you.
Ride or Die
yeah lol wtf is going on. I went to bed, woke up 10 hours later and I have less bitcoinage then when I went to sleep. at 350 gh/s thats gotta be like what 10 million shares for over a day and no valid blocks found. Smells fishy.
Maybe the operator is testing his new "system" like he did to us on the us server a while ago that resulted in eligius "borrowing" a bunch of btc from usserver users. (citations in previous posts)
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
If this happened two times in a row , probably there is some problem?
Pages:
Jump to: