Pages:
Author

Topic: [350 GH/s] "Eligius" (experimental) pool: almost feeless PPS, hoppers welcome - page 28. (Read 116968 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
I've been mining on this pool for a few days, and I always tolerated the slightly higher number of stales/invalids, but now I'm seeing an average of 5% rejected and up to 10% in the last hour. I will be temporarily switching to btcmine until I hear that this issue is resolved.

EDIT: Disregard that. It was just guiminer, I am an idiot for not trying phoenix 1.46 before leaving the pool.

I now receive ZERO REJECTED SHARES

Interesting. I think you may have solved my problem too. Do you get any RPC errors with phoenix?
legendary
I think Luke needs to setup his own stats page for his pool members and not rely on someone else's script. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just some silly little stats panel that is ACCURATE.

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
wth?  I was submitting shares but they were not being accounted for for a few hours....
Activity: 846
Merit: 1000
The One and Only
You are mining at 0 MHash/s

refreshes automatically every 5 minutes. send donations to 1BfKkqQK88kJcb2A6f5RY1x3WmdetzSVm9 Smiley

Pool rate is 11 GHash/s

Tried to mine with Eligius.... Problem?

I dunno whats up with that page. My miners are still working, but its not doing anything?

I'm having the same issue.

Miners are submitting shares at a normal rate, no stales or invalids...

Out of curiosity, I restarted my miners to see if that was the problem. Nope, still "You are mining at 0 MHash/s"

Now I think it truly has died, My miners disconnected.

"Sorry, shares and hashrate don't work right now. Rest assured, your miners still work perfectly!"
Awesome explanation!

EDIT: "120 submitted shares in the past 5 minutes

You are mining at 1717 MHash/s"
Activity: 94

refreshes automatically every 5 minutes. send donations to 1BfKkqQK88kJcb2A6f5RY1x3WmdetzSVm9 Smiley

Pool rate is 11 GHash/s

I dunno whats up with that page. My miners are still working, but its not doing anything?

I'm having the same issue.

Miners are submitting shares at a normal rate, no stales or invalids...

EDIT: OK now I am completely disconnected.

Another Edit: It is working again.
The One and Only

Pool rate is 11 GHash/s

staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
The conclusion that I've come to is that FOR ME Eligius has poor connectivity. I don't know whether this will change in the future but for now I'm sticking with slush, unless somehow Eligius improves. I like the fact that Eligius gives out minted coins but it's just too unstable for me to use at the moment.

This is probably the case— I have consistent 20ms ping times to Eligius.

Luke is in the process of setting up geographically distributed access points to the pool for the very reason you've cited. He's been soliciting for testers in Europe on IRC this evening.

I was wondering if maybe I put a higher priority on packets addressed to port 8837 whether I'll remove the RPC errors...anyone tried this?

Only likely to help if your local network is congested and the source of the issues. Sounds like a good plan in any case.
legendary
The thing is those errors happen quite regularly with this pool. I dunno if it's a connection on Luke's end or my (or other peoples') end. I for one decided to use another pool until this issue is no longer existent or until I figure out why it was caused in the first place.

I don't know what you consider regularly.

Here is my personal share timings for the past 13 hours (before that I had a locally induced outage from upgrading the mining kernel):

(I use an instrumented miner which records all its shares)

Because shares gaps come from an exponential distribution with an expected value of 10.8 (397.6MH/s), the noise and some spikes are expected but 99.990% of the share gaps should be under 100 seconds, though one above 100 is expected to happen randomly every other day or so. The spikes here at 271 and 302 seconds I know to be real outages due to logged RPC errors.

Yesterday I see one 184 second and one 104 second outage, also with logged errors.

At least in my case the reduction in stale shares (from about 2% to 0.1%) that I was seeing on deepbit trivially compensates for the 0.48% I've lost in the past two days on Eligius due to outages, not to mention the overhead. I don't have great logs of my own induced outage prior to two days.  Your connectivity may vary.

Cool graph. I had way way more stale shares with Eligius. To compare at the moment the machine I'm typing from has a total of 180 stale shares for both GPU cores - that's out of a total of 23463 accepted shares. With Eligius I used to get 100+ stale shares with only 700+ accepted shares. The ratio was way too bad!

I should mention that the moment I'm mining with slush's pool. I've yet to try mining on deepbit and recording the stats (I've mined with deepbit but never bothered to keep an eye on the  stale shares), but I think the higher fees probably means that even with the saved stales you'd still be making just as much as on slush. I dunno.

Either way the conclusion that I've come to is that FOR ME Eligius has poor connectivity. I don't know whether this will change in the future but for now I'm sticking with slush, unless somehow Eligius improves. I like the fact that Eligius gives out minted coins but it's just too unstable for me to use at the moment.

I was wondering if maybe I put a higher priority on packets addressed to port 8837 whether I'll remove the RPC errors...anyone tried this?
staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
The thing is those errors happen quite regularly with this pool. I dunno if it's a connection on Luke's end or my (or other peoples') end. I for one decided to use another pool until this issue is no longer existent or until I figure out why it was caused in the first place.

I don't know what you consider regularly.

Here is my personal share timings for the past 13 hours (before that I had a locally induced outage from upgrading the mining kernel):

(I use an instrumented miner which records all its shares)

Because shares gaps come from an exponential distribution with an expected value of 10.8 (397.6MH/s), the noise and some spikes are expected but 99.990% of the share gaps should be under 100 seconds, though one above 100 is expected to happen randomly every other day or so. The spikes here at 271 and 302 seconds I know to be real outages due to logged RPC errors.

Yesterday I see one 184 second and one 104 second outage, also with logged errors.

At least in my case the reduction in stale shares (from about 2% to 0.1%) that I was seeing on deepbit trivially compensates for the 0.48% I've lost in the past two days on Eligius due to outages, not to mention the overhead. I don't have great logs of my own induced outage prior to two days.  Your connectivity may vary.

legendary

Activity: 96
getting those upstream RPC errors again.

googling of "upstream RPC error" led me to this thread -_-.

Craig

Edit: nevermind. miners back online. I just happened to look at the console at a wrong time. downtime only lasted about 2 minutes.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Read descriptions of the pools listed in the bitcoin wiki and liked what I read about this one best, but...

What do these mean?

11.05.2011 22:41:45  Not accepted
11.05.2011 22:53:58  Not accepted

(Using ufasoft, if it helps)

Those are stale shares. Could be caused by your GPU incorrectly solving a hash, or perhaps a change of blocks that your miner didn't receive yet? (don't quote me on this, Still new here myself)

Ah, thank you for clearing that up. Block change makes sense, since I'm using a CPU which is really slow at this. When I get a new computer (soon), I'll have to get a nice GPU to go with it. ^_^
Activity: 698
Merit: 500
try increaseing que size to 2 in phoenix instead of 1 -q 2

Thanks! This has also reduced my rejected shares to 0 across 4 GPU's!

what about poclbm, one GPU has over 4% stale Undecided
The One and Only
Read descriptions of the pools listed in the bitcoin wiki and liked what I read about this one best, but...

What do these mean?

Those are stale shares. Could be caused by your GPU incorrectly solving a hash, or perhaps a change of blocks that your miner didn't receive yet? (don't quote me on this, Still new here myself)
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

What do these mean?

The One and Only

Thanks! This has also reduced my rejected shares to 0 across 4 GPU's!
Activity: 94
I've been mining on this pool for a few days, and I always tolerated the slightly higher number of stales/invalids, but now I'm seeing an average of 5% rejected and up to 10% in the last hour. I will be temporarily switching to btcmine until I hear that this issue is resolved.

EDIT: Disregard that. It was just guiminer, I am an idiot for not trying phoenix 1.46 before leaving the pool.

I now receive ZERO REJECTED SHARES
Phoenix 1.46 lies about rejected shares, after updating to 1.47 I now see a normal number of rejected (around 0.2%)
Xer
Activity: 99
The One and Only
the newest version of phoenix supposedly fixes the idle problem.
"1.46 has been released which fixes the idle problem."
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.114055

Craig

I was using 1.46... Didn't fix my problem. Dunno if it created it either, though.
Activity: 96
the newest version of phoenix supposedly fixes the idle problem.
"1.46 has been released which fixes the idle problem."
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.114055

Craig
Pages:
Jump to: