Pages:
Author

Topic: 46% of last year's ICOs have failed already - page 15. (Read 3873 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Great,seems that most of the ICO investors are doing a lot of research that is why most of the ICOs are failing because most of these ICOs today are just created just to raise funds,but then eventually these people wont do their job to develop the project further,a pure business ICO shouldnt be supported by the community.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
Whichever ICO investment is made now, all of them can be purchased from the exchange as lower than the cost of ICO, believing in the project is unnecessary to invest
Activity: 38
Merit: 1
Can you provide further information on this statistic? very interesting
Activity: 73
I agree with this because most of the ICOs last year are not trustworthy. ICO become a trend last year that most of them are just acquiring funds through desprate investors who need to gain profits because of the bitcoin's price drop. This make the ICOs reputation low but on the other hand, investors now is much aware about the future of the ICO they are investing.
Activity: 93
It sad to hear that news, but this is the reason why this Business is risky. However, you can avoid such things if you will follow a good team and invest in something unique and has sense.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
Yes, the harsh reality shows that the projects fly like leaves from trees. Why does it happen that the project passed ISO on the exchange and burst. Those who in time merged tokens earned and many have been waiting for growth for more than a year. It's a shame. But this is a fact. Only worthy projects survive.
Activity: 70
This number does not surprise me. I personally think at least 90 % of ICO-s will not succeed. There is no easy way to success, you need to do your homework, find the most stable, credible and profitable projects and run with them.
Activity: 532
Merit: 132
https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-years-icos-failed-already/

• 46% of them are effectively dead already – despite raising over $104 million.
  • 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed
Not surprising at all,
With regulations  from various countries.
And some failed ICO Sales and also not to mention some Project which is scam from the start.
Could really make an impact to a lot of legitimate projects.
To think that major distributors on this crowdsales are from the crypto community.
We could never really, know. What to do to prevent such things.
I hope within 2018 that this stats gets lesser. And the community should grow to support the upcoming projects.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
I think investments in ICO implies a large number of risks because this area is not regulated. There are trade risks (a decrease in the price of tokens, a drop in the value of the cryptocurrency, etc.) and nontrade - fraud and scam.

Ofcourse and now this regulation will to be working. In my vision it is a good and bad news for all traders, just look at Market.
Its true that regulation can bring good or bad impact but in my opinion, it will bring good impact since it can control to avoid scam ico. Scam ico killed the trust of the investor and if this is continue, this cryptocurrency might be dying and nobody will be here anymore.
Activity: 77
That's actually not too bad, only 142 out of over 900 failed at their initial funding round? I would have expected it to be more like 50-60%. I guess there is still hope to turn a decent investment from investing in ICOs if you pick the right ones, and invest the right amount (and early too).
I completely agree with you, I am also concerned about this stuuation. Now it is more and more difficult to find good projects with a big future. But to me it seems, this is still an achievable situation.
Activity: 308
Merit: 15
It's absolutely unfortunate as they are already killing the interest of investors and many people would divert all attention to stocks now. Most Developers greediness is the killer of their projects. Thorough screening is really required these days
Activity: 182
https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-years-icos-failed-already/

• 46% of them are effectively dead already – despite raising over $104 million.
  • 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed

Such an interesting statistics. We should know that the industry is still in its early stages hence it is normal for some projects to fail since everyone is just trying to leverage on the buzz around.
A time will actually come when we will know projects that have come to stay as seen in the dot com Era.
Activity: 560
Merit: 17
In last few weeks i have seen a lot of similar news articles, with very different statistics.
Some of them say that 90% of ICOS has failed, some are talking of crypto graveyard and so on.

ok, this is true and common knowledge that a lot of ICOs fail in different stages of project.
But the very high discrepancy among sources suggests that the statistics are not correct and should be researched more.
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
I think that's normal. All due to the fact that crypto is still very young and there is a lack of qualified personnel, management and lack of standards.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
It's obvious. Investors themselves are to blame for this. Some projects even look like a scam. However, there are many people who are ready to invest money. You can always face scam. But with a deeper analysis of the project, the probability decreases strongly.
I very often observed a situation in which a poor project with dubious development prospects collects all funds in a short time, and a very promising project can not collect half of the total. Of course, this is the fault of investors who often rely not on their own analysis of projects, but on someone else's opinion of experts and bloggers from youtube. But I would still be wary of such studies.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
I'm not sure if this 46% is a realistic data.
Is my ICO counted in it?
Certainly not...
And so it is certainly about many ICOs
Activity: 47
It sad to hear that news, but this is the reason why this Business is risky. However, you can avoid such things if you will follow a good team and invest in something unique and has sense.
It's obvious. Investors themselves are to blame for this. Some projects even look like a scam. However, there are many people who are ready to invest money. You can always face scam. But with a deeper analysis of the project, the probability decreases strongly.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
And this is a small part, I think next year will disappear those that came out in 2017. The regulation will not start and will Scam revolves
Pages:
Jump to: